daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:57 PM   #7721
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1934

A–22: Sietamo – Huesca (A–23) 12.8 km (Fall 2018 to Late 2021) – ? – map

According to regional newspaper Heraldo (in Spanish) over 20 companies are bidding to build the missing A–22 link near Huesca. This will mean the abrupt ending near Sietamo, so often proposed to be opened to politicians and bank directives only , will go away (photo from same newspaper).

BTW, since Zaragoza buses were mentioned, my avatar (a placeholder actually, but it is now permanent ) comes directly from one of them on line 41 (what a surprise ). I took the original photo four years ago in the outlying neighborhood of Rosales del Canal, and the line links it with the city center.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

arctic_carlos, MichiH liked this post

Last edited by CNGL; November 23rd, 2017 at 12:18 AM.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2017, 09:24 AM   #7722
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
It stands for "Servicio Público", as you said meaning "Public Service".
Thank you!
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 10:52 AM   #7723
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Thank you!
Taxis, buses between cities and even cars with driver must hold it too.

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2017, 06:38 PM   #7724
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
SE40: Torrequinto (A376) – Carretera de la Isla (A4) 8.1km (? to March 2018) – ? – map
Biggest issue of this section is finally going to be done. Beams over Avenida de las Universidades will be colocated in some days, probably December, exactly in this point:
https://www.google.es/maps/@37.29991...7i13312!8i6656

I don't think the works will be done before March'18, but this is the section of SE40 that is advancing faster.

Quote:
[B]
SE40: Coria del Rio – Almensilla ~7km (? to Late 2017) – ? – map
SE40: Almensilla – Espartinas (A49) ~7km (? to Late 2017) – ? – map
They will not be opened in 2017, and I honestly doubt Coria del Río - Almensilla will be done before 2019. Almensilla-Espartinas is finished since (I think) 2014, but still not in service.

MichiH liked this post
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 01:02 AM   #7725
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
A–22: Sietamo – Huesca (A–23) 12.8 km (Fall 2018 to Late 2021) – ? – map

According to regional newspaper Heraldo (in Spanish) over 20 companies are bidding to build the missing A–22 link near Huesca. This will mean the abrupt ending near Sietamo, so often proposed to be opened to politicians and bank directives only , will go away (photo from same newspaper).
[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPRGahNWsAAmf3G.jpg:large[/IMG]

BTW, since Zaragoza buses were mentioned, my avatar (a placeholder actually, but it is now permanent ) comes directly from one of them on line 41 (what a surprise ). I took the original photo four years ago in the outlying neighborhood of Rosales del Canal, and the line links it with the city center.
WTF they did here:
https://www.google.es/maps/@42.12406...!3m1!1e3?hl=es why no use old bridge instead add that roundabout?

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 08:44 AM   #7726
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Old bridge is not safe (bad signalled indeed) and haven't had an accident because lack of traffic.
Nowadays, if I enter Sietamo I just know nobody comes from the opposite side but really weird if you are on site.

In addition, I reckon there is not capacity for all traffic there. Remember they are coming from a motorway (2x2) and just want to join to a road 1x1. A roundabout is not the best solution but as far as Sietamo traffic doesn't make congestions... they decided to build

Old November 25th, 2017, 09:35 PM   #7727
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1181

I took some pictures of country roads near Burgos, or more precisely, around the San Juan de Ortega monastery.

I generally found the provincial roads in Burgos a bit narrower than La Rioja's, although smoother. La Rioja's road are often made of badly patched chipseal - sometimes you can't even see the original surface.

Another difference is that roads in La Rioja almost always have a dashed line in the middle, while in Burgos they paint shorter dashed lines along the sides.

PB233288 by J GM, en Flickr

PB233283 by J GM, en Flickr

The monastery of San Juan de Ortega.

PB233294 by J GM, en Flickr

Some pictures of arrow signs at an intersection. Usually, the numbers of the XX-X-NNNN provincial roads are omitted, but in this case the BU-V-7017 is signed (the other road is not). Maybe because this place is visited by tourists?

PB233302 by J GM, en Flickr

PB233304 by J GM, en Flickr

PB233305 by J GM, en Flickr

The BU-V-7017:

PB233312 by J GM, en Flickr

I just wanted to taste some more of the country roads of Burgos, so I took the BU-V-8134, which goes from the N-120 to the hamlet of Galarde.

PB233330 by J GM, en Flickr

PB233335 by J GM, en Flickr

PB233359 by J GM, en Flickr

PB233377 by J GM, en Flickr

The N-120 to Burgos (23 km ahead). I had to wait some time until it emptied. Traffic along this part of the N-120 consists of queues of 3 or 4 lorries followed by another 5 or 6 cars behind.

PB233351 by J GM, en Flickr

And towards Logroño (89 km):

PB233355 by J GM, en Flickr

PB233346 by J GM, en Flickr
Old November 25th, 2017, 10:29 PM   #7728
Reivajar

Likes (Received): 3340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post

PB233304 by J GM, en Flickr
First time I see this pictogram for a ... religious building? Is that used anywhere else in Spain?
Reivajar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2017, 08:40 PM   #7729
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivajar View Post
First time I see this pictogram for a ... religious building? Is that used anywhere else in Spain?
I don't remember having seen that sign anywhere else. It probably is something used only by the local road administration. The monastery is also signed along the N-120 (Fomento), together with the scallop shell sign of the Camino de Santiago: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3493...7i13312!8i6656
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2017, 08:44 PM   #7730
Reivajar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
I don't remember having seen that sign anywhere else. It probably is something used only by the local road administration. The monastery is also signed along the N-120 (Fomento), together with the scallop shell sign of the Camino de Santiago: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3493...7i13312!8i6656
OK, thanks.

Now, that's new: italics on Spanish signs (except for Catalonia in the regional network signs).
Old November 26th, 2017, 11:03 PM   #7731
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Former (but they remain) signs to Parador hotels are in italic too!!!!

Old November 26th, 2017, 11:20 PM   #7732
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

On A-21:

A-21-19 by European Roads, on Flickr

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Luki_SL liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2017, 11:40 PM   #7733
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

In the same road/motorway, inside Aragon... there is a corner called "origin of Aragon" and two first kings remains there.

It is not only a monastery below a great rock in the middle of a forest but also some other churches

ERM = Ermita = CHAPEL
IGL = Iglesia = CHURCH

https://www.google.es/maps/@42.55554...2!8i6656?hl=es

BTW, Chris (and rest of forumers), wanted to look for stunning landscapes roads in Spain? Have a glance

https://www.google.es/maps/@42.50768...2!8i6656?hl=es

Parking forbidden in high season. Must go to "upper monastery" and take a free shuttle to that one.... but be sure driving you will see one out of those places where it is known Saint Grail was set in Middle Age!!!!

Old November 27th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #7734
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
On A-21:
Every time I go past this exit I tweet if the castle belongs to someone named Javier, mentioning one at a time . I've done this three times, the first time was Eastbound and I wasn't driving so I did that live, but the other two times I was driving Westbound, so I didn't tweet until I stopped (coincidentally both times were in Noain near Pamplona).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 06:37 PM   #7735
Reivajar

It is kind of messy the way of signaling points of interest from the historical/touristic point of view. Sometimes in brown in additional signs, other times in purple. Then, Javier is a town as far as I know (the male name "Javier" comes from this town, not the opposite, ). Ok, the town is historically, artistically and touristically relevant. But, how's the criteria? Every single town and city with such an interested should be highlighted in purple on a regular sign? Shouldn't it just marked as a regular destination, and then, in the best scenario, another complementary panel for the castle/town? I can understand the thing of the monastery though, as it is mostly referring to a place somehow... but still... confusing. Lack of really strong criteria for sure. Nothing surprising in the Spanish signage system. In general nice, but crazy amount of inconsistencies.
Old November 28th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #7736
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-81 Badajoz - Granada

Quote:
GR43: Pinos Puente – Atarfe (A44) 9.7km (? to 2019) – projectmap
According to this article, it is 11.7 km long and will open by late 2018. It is named as 'GR-47', but is also considered the easternmost section of A-81, which will run from Badajoz to Granada and replaces N-432.

http://www.ideal.es/jaen/provincia-j...0223-ntvo.html

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MichiH liked this post
Old November 28th, 2017, 10:42 PM   #7737
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3932

There must be a mistake in the article you link, because that section is officially called GR-43 in the Fomento website and the same numbering is used in all the press articles I could find on the Internet.

While it's true that this section will in the future be the beginning of A-81, it will probably keep the numbering GR-43 given it's an urban access, meaning that A-81 will officially begin in Pinos Puente.

Regarding its length, 11.7 km is the official length of the lot currently under construction, but you can see on aerial footage that the construction works of GR-43 stretch for at least 1 km east of Granada's outer bypass, which means that the section opening next year (or in 2019) will only be around 10.6 km long (between N-432 in Pinos Puente and the new A-44* near Atarfe). That 1 km section east of the GR-43 - A-44 interchange will only open once the second phase of GR-43 up to A-92G is built.

* Granada's outer bypass will be renamed A-44 once it's completed, and then the current A-44 alignment close to the city center will be renamed GR-20 or GR-30.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #7738
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

A-33

Surprise!

A new A-33 section will open to traffic tomorrow.

I guess it's a 4 km section south of La Font de la Figuera which looks quite advanced in aerial images from last year (even with the first layers of asphalt).

That means that the whole A-33 between A-31 and A-35 will be opened to traffic from tomorrow with the exception of the interchanges with A-31 and A-35, which will be completed later.

Original source (in Spanish):

Quote:
De la Serna también se ha referido a algunas infraestructuras viarias de la Comunitat, y ha señalado que este viernes entrará en servicio un nuevo tramo de la variante de la A-33 entre Cieza (Murcia) y la Font de la Figuera (Valencia).

Leer mas: http://www.europapress.es/comunitat-...130133422.html

Bertolt Brecht

ChrisZwolle, MichiH liked this post
Old November 30th, 2017, 09:33 PM   #7739
ChrisZwolle
Road user

http://fomento.gob.es/MFOM/LANG_CAST...CONVOCATORIAS/

According to Fomento, they will also officially inaugurate the A-31 realignment known as the 'Curvas del Angosto'. This is immediately south of the A-33 interchange.

They built a bit of infrastructure there, apart from the A-31/A-33 interchange there is also a large-scale grade-separated railroad junction, a large solar park, a prison and water catchment basins.

arctic_carlos liked this post
Old December 1st, 2017, 04:34 PM   #7740
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Finally only the A-31 realignment (1.7 km) opened today. They say “it’s part of the A-33 project”, but the statements from the Minister I posted yesterday are inaccurate to say the least. In any event I’m afraid we’ll have to wait for a while until the new A-33 section between La Font de la Figuera and A-31 opens.

Map of the new A-31 realignment (yellow):

Source: http://www.fomento.es/MFOMBPrensa/No...4-715f2877671b

Bertolt Brecht

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida