daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 19th, 2017, 07:01 PM   #7761
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
How did Aragon manage to 'steal' the road off the waterworks people? (I take it A-1207 is an Aragonese designation not an Autovia here)
Probably it has never been part of the regional network. A-1207 starts at A-132 near Esquedas and suddenly disappears near Tormos (La Sotonera dam, the large lake North of Zaragoza). This is reflected in the 2013 log, which also names it as Esquedas-Gurrea de Gallego road. This suggests it is planned to be extended to A-1209 near Gurrea de Gallego (and indeed there is a sign pointing to A-1207), but it is currently unsigned. I remember seeing a old map with another "green" road running from Ardisa to Almudevar on what is now HU-521 and CHE-1429, I believe this was originally planned to be A-1208 (which is now assigned to some former waterwork roads in the Five Towns comarca that became part of the regional network some time ago).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; December 19th, 2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Fix typo
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2017, 08:22 PM   #7762
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19357

Construction on the 2 kilometer Son Ferriol section of Ma-30 on Mallorca will be restarted in January. The deadline is 15 March 2019.

http://www.conselldemallorca.net/?id...84&id_parent=1

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

arctic_carlos liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2017, 09:37 PM   #7763
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3894

Just before the next elections, of course.

Bertolt Brecht
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 01:13 AM   #7764
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Have read that finally, Soller tunnel will be toll-free before year ends

(José A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 02:55 AM   #7765
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2199

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Construction on the 2 kilometer Son Ferriol section of Ma-30 on Mallorca will be restarted in January. The deadline is 15 March 2019.

http://www.conselldemallorca.net/?id...84&id_parent=1
They have been scratching away at upgrading the MA-13 near Palma to 3+3 in recent years and need to widen it as far as Inca now.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 01:46 PM   #7766
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

SE-40

New opening dates were announced yesterday by the Minister during a visit in Seville:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
SE40: Coria del Rio – Almensilla ~7km (? to 2019) – ? – map
SE40: Almensilla – Espartinas (A49) ~7km (? to 2019) – ? – map
First quarter 2018.

Quote:
SE40: Torrequinto (A376) – Carretera de la Isla (A4) 8.1km (? to March 2018) – ? – map
Sometime in 2018.

Quote:
SE40: Carretera de la Isla (A4) – Coria del Rio ~5.5km (? to ?) – ? – map
Construction will be resumed in summer 2018, but only in a reduced way: of the 4 planned tunnels below the Guadalquivir river, only construction on the 2 northern tubes will be resumed. That means the section will probably open with a 2+2 configuration instead of 2+2+2+2, as originally planned. The 2 southern tubes will be resumed at a later stage.

Source:

http://m.diariodesevilla.es/sevilla/...201380448.html

http://sevilla.abc.es/sevilla/sevi-f...6_noticia.html

Bertolt Brecht

MichiH, adevahi liked this post

Last edited by arctic_carlos; December 20th, 2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old December 20th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #7767
ChrisZwolle
Road user

It makes sense not to go all-out on an expensive 4-tube tunnel, but use a phased construction, with the addition of two more tubes when traffic volumes warrant them.
Old December 20th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #7768
adevahi

Likes (Received): 1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_carlos View Post
Construction will be resumed in summer 2018, but only in a reduced way: of the 4 planned tunnels below the Guadalquivir river, only construction on the 2 northern tubes will be resumed. That means the section will probably open with a 2+2 configuration instead of 2+2+2+2, as originally planned. The 2 southern tubes will be resumed at a later stage.

Source:

http://m.diariodesevilla.es/sevilla/...201380448.html

http://sevilla.abc.es/sevilla/sevi-f...6_noticia.html
I don't think so. Construction of the tunnels will take so many years, they will start with the northen ones because the project of the southernmost is invalid and must be fully changed (by the way, the projects for the northernmost need partial changes also). However, I don't think they will open firstly some of them and later the others... still left so many time for their completion (and even for the start of workings), so nothing can be sure.

Source:

Also the ones posted in the quote (edit)

Last edited by adevahi; December 20th, 2017 at 06:40 PM.
adevahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 09:02 PM   #7769
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

So I still find more duplicates. In addition to the already known A-124, A-126, A-132 and A-2602 I've found two more designations that are both in Aragon and Alava:
A-2521: Old N-234 section near Albentosa/AP-68 exit 5 to Biscay exclave border.
A-2522: Manzanera to Alcotas/Areta to Biscay border towards Zubiaur (a.k.a. Orozko).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2017, 09:19 PM   #7770
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Google Earth has been extensively updated with recent images covering many motorway projects under construction throughout Spain (especially the north of the country).

Just to mention some of them: A-54 near Santiago, A-23 in Monrepós (the whole mountain pass for the first time), A-21 near Jaca, A-56 in Galicia, A-57 near Pontevedra, A-60 near León, A-63 in Asturias and AG-46 near Vigo.

Bertolt Brecht
Old December 20th, 2017, 09:36 PM   #7771
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
A-23 in Monrepós (the whole mountain pass for the first time),
Awesome! I was hoping for a recent imagery update. The satellite photo is of high quality and dated 8 September 2017. For the first time you can clearly see the plan for A-23 across Monrepós.

There is still a short section south of the Arguis exit where no works have commenced. It seems that they are building a single tube tunnel there, but there is only a tunnel portal on the north side so far.

Also, they are building a better curve on the current N-330, so it is not just the case of building 1 modern carriageway and make the old road a one-way carriageway without improvements.

How is this area during the winter? Does it get frequent snow? There is a really long climb on A-23 where you have to overcome 500 meters in altitude difference on both sides of the pass.
Old December 20th, 2017, 10:22 PM   #7772
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Quote:
There is still a short section south of the Arguis exit where no works have commenced. It seems that they are building a single tube tunnel there, but there is only a tunnel portal on the north side so far.

The southern portal is also under construction. In this other forum some users confirmed it a few months ago:

https://www.nevasport.com/phorum/rea...170394,page=10

Bertolt Brecht
Old December 20th, 2017, 10:47 PM   #7773
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

I drove there last time on November 1st.

Curve on current N-330 is finished (it will be direction south!!) and you can see it while you are driving. What it is hard to see is the new tunnel and link to the other carriageway. There is another long brigde already finished and they are in the phase of asphalt.

If you ask me I would state that they could open short streches instead of all the motorway at once.. There area, at least, two crosses where you have to deviate through exits and "take motorway/road" again. One of them is just in Arguis (just in the north of last picture above, after yellow line).

Works go until Lanave. After Lanave they haven't started yet

On winter... it depends. It takes a lot of people on weekends because it links to a lot of ski resorts. At the begining of December all ski resorts open and there are two holidays in Spain (thus one free day and 5 consecutive days for free). There were several death in the summit.

It hasn't many problems due to snow. Pass is not so high... but every winter you can find some of them. There is a good maintenance but prudence is required, and sometimes recommended to go over former road just because it takes 100m less.

Quote:
Awesome! I was hoping for a recent imagery update. The satellite photo is of high quality and dated 8 September 2017. For the first time you can clearly see the plan for A-23 across Monrepós.

Also, they are building a better curve on the current N-330, so it is not just the case of building 1 modern carriageway and make the old road a one-way carriageway without improvements.

How is this area during the winter? Does it get frequent snow? There is a really long climb on A-23 where you have to overcome 500 meters in altitude difference on both sides of the pass.

Old December 21st, 2017, 08:06 PM   #7774
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-63

Quote:
It will open to traffic on Tuesday, 26 December: http://lavozdeltrubia.es/2017/12/21/...bre-el-martes/

This October 2017 satellite image shows that they needed to do quite a bit of work on the Cornellana connection:

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; December 21st, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old December 21st, 2017, 08:51 PM   #7775
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Excma.

Why do they use the abbreviation 'Excma.' (Excelentísima?) for the Diputación of Burgos? What does it imply? I haven't seen this in other provinces I've been to.

PB233330 by J GM, on Flickr
Old December 21st, 2017, 09:06 PM   #7776
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Today was one of those winter days with clear skies on which you can see the Pyrenees from Logroño. So I decided to go to the Alto de La Grajera, west of the city along the LO-20 and take some pictures with a zoom lens and a polarising filter.

The Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route passes through this little "mountain pass" between Logroño and Navarrete. Some pilgrims make a cross with two sticks and put it up on the fence. You can also see the La Grajera, originally a lagoon. In the 19th century, farmers built a dyke to make the lagoon bigger and use it for irrigation. Nowadays it is a big park with deer, swans, donkeys and other animals.

Logroño desde el alto de La Grajera (1) by J GM, en Flickr

That arid hill dominating the town is the 500-m high Monte Cantabria, where the celtic tribe of the Berones build the town of Vareia.

Logroño desde el alto de La Grajera (2) by J GM, en Flickr

Detail of the cable-stayed bridge of the LO-20 over the Iregua and the arch bridge of the A-12 over the Ebro. That part of the Pyrenees is already in the province of Huesca.

Logroño y los Pirineos de fondo by J GM, en Flickr

Looking east. That weird effect in the blue signs is caused by the polarising filter, I guess.

LO-20 La Grajera by J GM, en Flickr

On the background you can see the AP-68, which has become more popular among truck drivers now that through truck traffic has been banned from the N-232.

AP-68 by J GM, en Flickr
Old December 21st, 2017, 09:11 PM   #7777
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
That weird effect in the blue signs is caused by the polarising filter, I guess.
It seems that they changed destinations and road numbers without replacing the entire sign. You'll end up with panels with different shades of blue due to the difference in age.
Old December 21st, 2017, 09:54 PM   #7778
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1180

Quote:
Why do they use the abbreviation 'Excma.' (Excelentísima?) for the Diputación of Burgos? What does it imply? I haven't seen this in other provinces I've been to.
I think it's something traditional. All Diputaciones are Excelentísimas AFAIK, but most of them just don't use the "Excma." thing.

There's some weird stuff behind historical titles. For instance, Madrid and Bilbao don't have the official title of "ciudad", but "villa" (a lower category). However, Frías (pop. 258) is rightfully a "ciudad".

Quote:
It seems that they changed destinations and road numbers without replacing the entire sign. You'll end up with panels with different shades of blue due to the difference in age.
Yeah, but the difference didn't stand out to the bare eye. At night, however, you can indeed see different degrees of reflection.
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2017, 10:34 PM   #7779
alserrod
Bienvenue à Saragosse

Excma.... there are some words in Spanish where it is often to write first and last words for abbreviations instead of only first ones.

Randomly took one in google. This is Ciudad Real municipality logo

Old December 21st, 2017, 11:56 PM   #7780
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2647

Quote:

[]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4551/24767354768_5b1cb42867_b.jpg[/img]
PB233330 by J GM, on Flickr
Yes, Excelentísima and maybe to save space to avoid larger signal.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida