daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #61
TopperCity

Likes (Received): 2

Neat!
TopperCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #62
Æsahættr

Likes (Received): 5

I wnat this... in manila
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:55 AM   #63
TopperCity

Likes (Received): 2

big idea!
TopperCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #64
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

M-60?! 170 km?!
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #65
torke

Likes (Received): 17

It will has 170km long, it will be really in the outskirts, think M-30 is too small and it is just 30km
torke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #66
torke

M-30 videos link:

http://www.munimadrid.es/Principal/E...s1/calle30.htm

Last edited by torke; July 8th, 2006 at 04:09 AM.
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #67
NeoWorld

Likes (Received): 0

Just a few figures about Madrid economic growth:

1995 2005
Employed people 1,7 Million 3 Million
Employed inmigrants 30.000 544.570

GDP growth 2006: 4%

A great portion of that growth has been used to set up huge infrastructures, creating a virtuous circle. A clear example about how freedom applied to economy can give prosperity to people, more than just words about old politics.

And of course, Madrid is in the top 30 of 260+ regions in UE about GDP, so no integration funds are coming (just some derived form estate works)
NeoWorld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM   #68
fernan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by torke
That link is wrong

The correct one is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carretero
Here you have a video collection from the promotional DVD which has been edited by the Madrid Council.

http://www.munimadrid.es/Principal/E...s1/calle30.htm

I specially recommend you to watch the "Proyecto Madrid Rio" video, it's about the works along River Manzanares; and "Bypass Sur" video, about the construction of a 3km-tunnel to reduce surface traffic.
See also "Bypass Norte"

M-30 restructuring:
Budget: €3.9 billion [$5.0 billion]
Start: September 2004
End: April 2007

Last edited by fernan; July 8th, 2006 at 12:30 AM.
fernan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #69
titeness
/>>}WweX:AS<

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMac
Yeah, was going to say because they didnt have to pay for it.....
They paid for it in that Spanish tax payers will have to help fund a large money pit project in some other odd country, thats how federal democracy works.

as/as.a\
sa.s
titeness no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #70
Kazurro
Con la roja a muerte.

Likes (Received): 1577

Madrid dont receive funds from EU, this funds in fact are given to poorer regions in Spain
Kazurro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #71
Extrematurensis

We don´t have to pay for it??????

If that make you feel better................

but, it is not true. An do not forget, Spain has received money from EU yes, but in brief we will be net contribuitors, and we will feel happy about it. I hope we won´t be saying things like those that you say.
Extrematurensis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #72
Extrematurensis

I am from Madrid, although I am living in the countryside in southwestern Spain, but Madrid is in my heart. Many times Madrid and the rest of Spain don´t get the international projection they deserve. But I am sure that projects like these ones are what we need.

The future is brilliant if Spaniards keep working hard. I have being living is the UK for 4 years and at the begining we the Spaniards believe that Spain is not up to the level of the resto of EU members. It is only when you move abroad and check the reality, that you realize that Spain is great and have things to improve but others that lead the way.

Maybe this kind of complex that we have is helping us to improve. When you think that you are doing things worse than others you try to improve. Other countries think they are better than the rest and they are just falling behind, because they don´t realize that they also need to improve.

Just a thought.
Extrematurensis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #73
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

^ A good thought actually. I also never thought of Spain as one of the most important countries in Europe (appart from its tourism), but I've changed my mind in recent years. Spain is an emerging European nation and that's good!

Last edited by Verso; July 12th, 2006 at 12:01 AM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #74
samsonyuen
SSLL

Likes (Received): 314

I'm not sure if it applies to Madrid, but there are also militaristic advantages with having good connections between cities. This was one of the cases for the Eisenhower Interstate system in the US.
samsonyuen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #75
torke

MADRID TRAFFIC LIVE (some 24 hours traffic cameras, picture update every 2 minutes):

Last edited by torke; October 4th, 2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old October 4th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #76
torke

Last edited by torke; October 4th, 2006 at 04:14 PM.
Old October 4th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #77
nick_-_taylor
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by titeness View Post
They paid for it in that Spanish tax payers will have to help fund a large money pit project in some other odd country, thats how federal democracy works.

Yeah but Madrid and other areas still benefit from indirect EU funding. The reason is, that poorer areas of Spain are supported with grants from the EU, and traditionally this money would have come from the wealthier regions like Madrid and Barcelona. The ability of not having to help the poorer regions as much means that Madrid and other European cities and countries which lag behind and are beneficiaries from the EU are able to then re-direct to money on local projects. The Madrid Metro for instance would unlikely to be expanding as quickly as it is, if Madrid had to continue to support the poorer regions of Spain without EU aid.
nick_-_taylor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #78
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19421

Madrid has huge suburbs, some of them have over 200.000 inhabitants, and are growing fast. Most motorways (autopistas, autovias) are very wide, here in NL, we can only dream of such a width for motorways.

A map i made. I made a much larger map, but i can't find it this time.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #79
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19421

I heard, that there are plans for a M70?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #80
torke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_-_taylor View Post
Yeah but Madrid and other areas still benefit from indirect EU funding. The reason is, that poorer areas of Spain are supported with grants from the EU, and traditionally this money would have come from the wealthier regions like Madrid and Barcelona. The ability of not having to help the poorer regions as much means that Madrid and other European cities and countries which lag behind and are beneficiaries from the EU are able to then re-direct to money on local projects. The Madrid Metro for instance would unlikely to be expanding as quickly as it is, if Madrid had to continue to support the poorer regions of Spain without EU aid.
I dont know what you exactly mean when you are talking about poor regions in Spain because just 3 places now a days are supported by the EU (Galicia, Extremadura and Andalucia) and the poorest one region is Extremadura which is still rich, I mean, is the poorest yes, but not poor (in straight meaning). Greece, Portugal, Malta, Poland... are more poor for example, and yes, they 3 get some extra money (just for one more year by the way) to improve its development because their gip is under the EU media. So dont think that Madrid would grow less if these other 3 regions do not get money from EU because these Spanish places do not need as help as the others could not grow. Of course Europe has helped Spain, and spaniards know it but the country is having a great development by itself. Its economy grows up more than the EU economy and for example Euzkadi, La Rioja, Navarra, Balears, Catalunya, Madrid and Aragon are part of the 17 spanish regions and all of them have a bigger GIP than EU.

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida