daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM   #1501
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

Some updates:

The last stretch of the A-15 from the A-2 to Soria will be opened the next wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetower Soria View Post
Este el el maravilloso aspecto que presentaba esta mañana el tramo de la A-15 que se abrirá el próximo miércoles, con todo prácticamente listo:

El conflictivo subtramo de la línea eléctrica completamente concluido:

VA-30 in Valladolid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adcava View Post
Unas fotos desde el Cerro de San Cristóbal, aprovechando los últimos rayos de sol que calientan estos gélidos días

Antes, vista desde abajo del enlace de la A-11

Desde arriba ya se ve bien claro el enlace de marras. Dos glorietas completas.

Cruce con la variante ferroviaria

Explanada de los futuros talleres

Junto al polígono y a la trinchera de la variante

Enlace con la A-601

A-58 near Cáceres two weeks ago. It was opened on 18th dec. Pictures by Rave at urbanity.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave View Post
Fotos frescas sobre el tramo de autovía Santa Cruz de Magasca-Cáceres de la A-58 (aún en obras):

Foto 1. Futura salida a Sierra de Fuentes.

Foto 2. Obras en la A-58 con el asfaltado terminado pero sin señalética.

Foto 3. Tramo entre Sierra de Fuentes y Cáceres con vista de la ciudad al fondo.

Foto 4. Tramo final de la autopista llegando a Cáceres.

Foto 5. Vista de Cáceres desde la A-58 (entorno del embalse de Guadiloba).
Also, 10 km of the A-22 Huesca-Lérida and 5.3 km of the A-7 were opened last week.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:51 PM   #1502
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
Also, 10 km of the A-22 Huesca-Lérida and 5.3 km of the A-7 were opened last week.
Where?
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 06:53 PM   #1503
Cicerón
Espere verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsue View Post
Where?
Alcoi bypass. It actually was on Decemer 3, but for some reason I thought that it was the last week.

http://www.lasprovincias.es/20091204...-20091204.html

No more of this road (N-340):
Old December 21st, 2009, 07:04 PM   #1504
Morsue

Ah, cool. I've actually driven that road once. At night.

Does this mean that using the A-7 past Alcoi is now quicker than going up the A-31 if you want to go from Murcia to Valencia?
Old December 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM   #1505
Cicerón
Espere verde

I don't really know I remember reading that Valencia-Alicante is now the same time using AP-7 and A-7, but A-7 is free.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:38 PM   #1506
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Ah, cool. I've actually driven that road once. At night.

Does this mean that using the A-7 past Alcoi is now quicker than going up the A-31 if you want to go from Murcia to Valencia?
I was curious how this was signed in the Alicante area. I've checked it on streetview, and it is not suggested Valencia is also accessible via A-7, even though it's 20 km shorter than via AP-7. Only Alcoi is signed.

[IMG]http://i47.************/2cf309e.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.************/taszyf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.************/8ybcz4.jpg[/IMG]
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:11 PM   #1507
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Weird distance sign on A-31 Albacete - Alicante.

[IMG]http://i49.************/330uy4k.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM   #1508
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

Likes (Received): 1

Not weird--just done to 1986 standards and not replaced.
J N Winkler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM   #1509
Morsue

There are a number of those on the older autovias. The A-7 when it runs parallel to the AP-7 between Estepona and Malaga is littered with them.

Funny thing about the autovia signage in the Alicante area. If you're coming from Murcia the only road to Valencia that's signed is the route following the AP-7 when there are now in fact three different itineraries (also A-31/A-35 and A-7 Alcoi). When you're driving on the A-7 Valencia bypass you'll have two routes signed: Alicante (por costa) and Alicante (por interior). The first one is following the AP-7 along the coast, while the second one follows the A-7 until Xativa and then (at least until 2008) the A-35 until La Font de la Figuera.

There, there are huge signs towards Alicante and Murcia and a full interchange. But that road becomes a two-laned highway directly afterwards. If you want, you can go to the A-31/A-35 interchange, but that involves a hard left turn where you need to almost stop. Very strange in my opinion.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:52 AM   #1510
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by J N Winkler View Post
1986 was a pivotal year in Spanish road design?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM   #1511
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A-2

The Spanish government is slowly expanding old N-II into an Autovía. This route will run parallel to the existing AP-7 Autopista from Barcelona towards the French border.

This part is just south of Girona. Pics by Google Street View:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:20 PM   #1512
Morsue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
image hosted on flickr
I notice they don't write Perpignan in Catalan, which would be Perpinyá. Looks like the Catalan government is reverting its policies on signposting foreign destinations in Catalan.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:19 PM   #1513
Cicerón
Espere verde

Quote:
Weird distance sign on A-31 Albacete - Alicante.

http://i49.************/330uy4k.jpg
Quote:
Quote:
There are a number of those on the older autovias. The A-7 when it runs parallel to the AP-7 between Estepona and Malaga is littered with them.
There are several of them on the A-4 (in Castile-La Mancha region) and A-1 too

Quote:
I notice they don't write Perpignan in Catalan, which would be Perpinyá. Looks like the Catalan government is reverting its policies on signposting foreign destinations in Catalan.
Well, the A-2 is a "properity" of the Central Spanish Government, not Catalan. So is the AP-7 and some signs say "Perpinyà" though.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 07:33 PM   #1514
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

but in that case - why Girona and not Gerona?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #1515
Morsue

Maybe they post locations in the local language? I.e. French locations in French and Catalan locations in Catalan and not Castellano.
Old December 24th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #1516
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
1986 was a pivotal year in Spanish road design?
I don't know that it was, necessarily, but it was the year of the last traffic sign catalogue which showed white on blue signs for autopistas and blue on white signs for autovías. Current Spanish signing is based on a catalogue issued in 1992 (and never, to my knowledge, subsequently reprinted) which shows white on blue signs for both autopistas and autovías. (It also showed white on green signs for vías rápidas, but this color distinction was abandoned in favor of black-on-white in 2001 when the current edition of Norma 8.1-IC was issued. Galicia still uses green-background vía rápida signs.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
Well, the A-2 is a "property" of the Central Spanish Government, not Catalan. So is the AP-7 and some signs say "Perpinyà" though.
I see very little consistency in how languages are treated on the RCE and I suspect it varies from consultant to consultant. In Catalonia it is possible to find RCE identifier signs which say "Red de Carreteras del Estado," "Xarxa de Carreteres de l'Estat," or both in varying order. In Galicia I have seen monolingual "Rede de Estradas do Estado" signs. In Valencia I have seen signs which were bilingual even when it was not required (there is, if memory serves, a royal decree from 1983 which requires bilingual signing for transport terminals like airports, seaports, and railway stations), and also signs which were monolingually Valencian. In the Basque Country I have seen signs which say "Aireportua" (not "Aeropuerto") in relation to an airport, near fully bilingual Basque/Castilian signs installed as part of the same contract.

Quote:
Maybe they post locations in the local language? I.e. French locations in French and Catalan locations in Catalan and not Castellano.
I don't think that occurs often or consistently enough to qualify as a rule. In Catalonia, for example, the name of the country to the north would be rendered as "Francia" (Castilian Spanish) or "França" (Catalan), but never--at least in my experience--as "France" (French). "Perpignan" (French) and "Perpinyà" (Catalan) are both used but, again, it seems to be contingent on designer whim; I have never seen "Perpiñán" (Castilian Spanish).
J N Winkler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #1517
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
(It also showed white on green signs for vías rápidas, but this color distinction was abandoned in favor of black-on-white in 2001 when the current edition of Norma 8.1-IC was issued. Galicia still uses green-background vía rápida signs.)
The last time I was in Barcelona (2005), they had green signs on the Ronda de Dalt (B-20) as well. It was pretty weird to see, I didn't know they used green signs back then.

[IMG]http://i45.************/2lbytk3.jpg[/IMG]

Another interesting thing, a left-exit sign at the end of B-24 near Barcelona:
[IMG]http://i46.************/1zgdbaq.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; December 24th, 2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #1518
Cicerón
Espere verde

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
but in that case - why Girona and not Gerona?
Because Girona is the official name. For example, Lleida in Castellano is "Lérida", but when you enter the AP-68 in Logroño the signs say "Lleida".

Quote:
I see very little consistency in how languages are treated on the RCE and I suspect it varies from consultant to consultant. In Catalonia it is possible to find RCE identifier signs which say "Red de Carreteras del Estado," "Xarxa de Carreteres de l'Estat," or both in varying order. In Galicia I have seen monolingual "Rede de Estradas do Estado" signs. In Valencia I have seen signs which were bilingual even when it was not required (there is, if memory serves, a royal decree from 1983 which requires bilingual signing for transport terminals like airports, seaports, and railway stations), and also signs which were monolingually Valencian. In the Basque Country I have seen signs which say "Aireportua" (not "Aeropuerto") in relation to an airport, near fully bilingual Basque/Castilian signs installed as part of the same contract.
Welcome to Spain

Quote:
The last time I was in Barcelona (2005), they had green signs on the Ronda de Dalt (B-20) as well. It was pretty weird to see, I didn't know they used green signs back then.
Yeah, I thought it was because the sings were made for the Barcelona'92 Olympic Games, but it's green because it's a vía rápida. Another example is the C-25 Eix Transversal:

Quote:
Another interesting thing, a left-exit sign at the end of B-24 near Barcelona:
http://i46.************/1zgdbaq.jpg
There's also a left exit in the A-12 coming to my hometown. Fortunately this junction will be redesigned when the A-68 is "built" (not really built since the AP-68 will just be enlarged to 3+3 and all tolls will be removed around Logroño, from Arrúbal to Navarrete).

Also, the A-15 was opened yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetower Soria View Post
Y portada y contraportada del tríptico entregado a los asistentes (alucinante las fotografías aéreas realizadas hace escasos días, antes de la nevada):

More pictures here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=194

Some pictures of the bridge over the Bay of Cádiz:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloCadiz View Post
Pues aqui tenemos un pequeño reportaje de Diario de Cadiz:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyro2012 View Post
Por si alguno no lo ha visto aún, "La Pepa" ya aparece aunque sea virtualmente en el Google Earth.

Por cierto que las vistas de Cádiz van a ser guapas, una vez que pasas la parte central y vas descendiendo.

Old December 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #1519
ChrisZwolle
Road user

B-40 Barcelona

The B-40 is a new ring road around Barcelona. The "B" prefix indicates that it belongs to the Barcelona provincial highway network. It incorporates a small section of solitary A-7 and C-60. It mainly connects major suburbs in the north of Barcelona, this area is home to approximately 1.2 million people.

[IMG]http://i45.************/2con6mf.jpg[/IMG]
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:26 PM   #1520
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

How much of it is constructed already ?
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida