daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 3rd, 2010, 12:04 AM   #1781
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I always thought B-24 was supposed to be a part of A-7 one day. It's the perfect extension of N-340, which is gradually being widened / rebuild to A-7.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1782
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

According to spanish Wikipedia the B-40 will be part of the A-7, which is indeed quite strange.
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autov%C...iterr%C3%A1neo

But I really wonder why they are upgrading parts of the N340 to A-7. For example between Tarragona and L'Almadrava. There can't be enough traffic on this section to warrant two parallel freeways.

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:59 PM   #1783
lucaf1

Likes (Received): 92

These are the limitations en autovia:

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/certo/3112920279/

What are the limitations en autopista?
lucaf1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #1784
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

Bycicles are allowed to enter some autovías, while they're totally banned in autopistas. In some cases, if there's an alternative route, they are also banned in the autovía. In that case there's a sign like the one you posted.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #1785
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Bicycles should be banned on any major road (Autovía or Carretera Nacional) at all times in my opinion. There is a place and time for them, and main roads with speed limits of 90 or even higher are not a place to cycle.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:10 AM   #1786
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

This is what my old driving school text book says about it (excuse my bad letter, I used to write with the book in vertical position):

It's basically the same you posted before. In 5.2.1 it says:

Quote:
exclusiva circulación de automóviles
And I wrote above "turismos, camiones, autobuses, motocicletas", i.e. cars, trucks, buses, motorbikes (>50cc).

Also, in 5.2.2 I wrote "no tiene limitación de usuarios", so it can be used by any vehicle (a person is not considered a vehicle ).

The "vía para automóviles" (5.2.3) is, as its name says, only for "automóviles".

It's hard to understand because in colloquial Spanish we use eiter automóviles or vehículos indistinctly, but this is what the law (well, my text book) says:

I hope it helps

This is an example of what I said: When a new autovía is made, the old road is used by bycicles:
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #1787
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPaulo View Post
thank you guys for the explanations. For what I gather, autopista = motorway (Europe) and freeway (USA)
Most, if not all, autovias would also be motorways.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #1788
lucaf1

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
lucaf1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #1789
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

When next year all the remainder sections U/C of the A-22 are opened, it will stop just 10 kilometers before hitting A-23. So I can't imagine the queues it will make for at least two years.

And if you are travelling on the N-240, on the missing section of A-22, there's a speed camera direction Huesca just AFTER a prohibition of 70 km/h. So slow down when you see the 70 prohibition, and keep at 70 until the start of Huesca's bypass. Today I saw that camera catching a driver making at least 90 km/h...
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; July 13th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #1790
CNGL
Leudimin

Talking about A-22, on Tuesday 27th 17 new kilometers will open for traffic. The thing is that they are going to open one and a HALF sections. The another half section had problems with a fault and therefore will reamin a gap of 4.5 km of road. And that day, we will start to count until they finish the Siétamo-Huesca section, which doesn't have started construction yet. Jams are guaranteed until... 2014?
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #1791
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 767

When the remaining part of the A23 between Huesca and Jaca will be opened?

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #1792
CNGL
Leudimin

I don't know. Probably before 2015, but there's a section that hasn't started construction and another one on hold.
Oh, and it's A-23, with dash. We use dash for all roads, even european routes!
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1793
lpioe

Anyone knows about the current status of C-25 between Girona and Cervera? It was built as a limited access fast road with mostly only one lane per direction. The upgrading to Autovia should be u/c at the moment.
I found this document from 2007: http://www.gencat.cat/acordsdegovern/20070828/02.htm
As I understood it, it says in the last paragraph, that the whole route should be Autovia between 2010 and 2011.

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 04:58 PM   #1794
JB Colbert
In the Grid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by econostrum
L'Espagne ne construira pas un seul kilomètre de route en 2011
ESPAGNE. Le ministère espagnol de l'Équipement et des Transports (Ministerio de Fomento ) ne financera pas un seul kilomètre de route supplémentaire en 2011. C'est la mesure la plus symbolique concernant les économies de l'État au niveau des infrastructures.

Cette décision s'accorde avec le plan d'austérité annoncé en mai 2010, visant une économie de 6,2 mds€ d'ici fin 2011, et ayant entraîné le réexamen de plus de 3.000 projets d'aménagement.
Cette restriction implique la suspension immédiate des travaux sur 70 chantiers de routes et voies ferrées en cours de construction.

Parmi les grands ouvrages abandonnés : la liaison ferroviaire grande vitesse en Cantabrie, entre Palencia et Santander, le contournement routier de Séville (qui nécessitait la réalisation de tunnels très coûteux sous le Guadalquivir), et la route à double voie entre Burgos et Aguilar de Campo.
Par contre, le ministre José Blanco maintient dans en intégralité le budget de 1,6 Md€ affecté à la réalisation de l'AVE (TGV espagnol) entre Santiago de Compostelle et La Corogne.

Par ailleurs, plus de 400 projets d'aménagements prévus en 2011 vont être retardés jusqu'en 2016 ou 2017. Ce qui signifiera des reports de paiement pour les entreprises de construction concernées par ces travaux. Et sans doute des difficultés financières et sociales pour ces sociétés de TP déjà mises à mal par la crise.

Ce coup de frein marque un virage à 90° dans la politique du gouvernement de José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, puisque les suspensions ou les reports de travaux sont en totale contradiction avec le plan E (pour Économie et Emploi), initié en 2009 pour relancer l'activité. Avec plus de 17 mds€ investis alors par le gouvernement espagnol pour la réalisation de bâtiments publics et d'infrastructures.

Mercredi 7 Juillet 2010
Francis Mateo, à BARCELONE

FYI
JB Colbert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:37 PM   #1795
CNGL
Leudimin

S'il vous plaît can you translate that into English?
Anyway, I don't believe our government is going to stop all road construction. That's . If that is true we couldn't see A-21, A-22 and A-23 completed until... let's say beyond 2020...
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM   #1796
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Anyway, I don't believe our government is going to stop all road construction. That's . If that is true we couldn't see A-21, A-22 and A-23 completed until... let's say beyond 2020...
El Gobierno de España no va a construir ni un sólo kilómetro de carretera (de obra nueva) el año que viene debido a los recortes que tiene que aplicar el Ministerio de Fomento.
Esta noticia no es tan catastrófica, sólo quiere decir que los proyectos nuevos se van a aplazar pero ahora mismo en España hay muchos proyectos que están en obras y que requieren trabajos, por lo que la construcción de carreteras en el país no se va a parar, nada más lejos de la realidad.

Old July 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM   #1797
JB Colbert
In the Grid.

Quote:
You can use Google Translator, but I'm sure you have understood.
JB Colbert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:28 PM   #1798
CNGL
Leudimin

Yep, I know Spanish (of course), English, French and a bit of Catalan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodavo View Post
El Gobierno de España no va a construir ni un sólo kilómetro de carretera (de obra nueva) el año que viene debido a los recortes que tiene que aplicar el Ministerio de Fomento.
Esta noticia no es tan catastrófica, sólo quiere decir que los proyectos nuevos se van a aplazar pero ahora mismo en España hay muchos proyectos que están en obras y que requieren trabajos, por lo que la construcción de carreteras en el país no se va a parar, nada más lejos de la realidad.

Aquí solo se puede escribir en inglés. But i heard that they will not start any road construction.
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:37 PM   #1799
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Quote:
Aquí solo se puede escribir en inglés. But i heard that they will not start any road construction.
¿Dónde lo pone? ¿Me lo puedes decir?

Es que eso es lo que he dicho, que no habrá obra nueva, hasta lo he subrayado...
That's exactly what I said, there's not going to be new building-projects, there's no money.
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM   #1800
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

edited

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida