daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 27th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #1921
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19421

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #1922
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

But there are some motorways missing. For example A-66, except the Benavente-Zamora section, is completed. Also some sections of A-22.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #1923
Davodavo
inFocusDC.com

Likes (Received): 45

Y de Santander a Madrid se puede ir ininterrupidamente en autopista a día de hoy.
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #1924
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
The vertical signage will also change:

-The typography used for the normal roads will be used for both autovías/autopistas and normal roads (so the typograhy used nowadays in autovías/autopistas will disappear).

[snip]

Although it has not been approved yet, the programs used to design signage have already included those changes.
These changes have been in train for quite a while. When I downloaded the demo version of CarDim (the main sign design package used by consultants preparing proyectos for high-capacity through routes--its main competitor, Lena, seems to be used almost exclusively by provinces and municipalities), its default was already set to use Carretera Convencional for autovía signs. This was in late 2009. In late 2008/early 2009 I noticed a lot of proyectos coming out of Fomento and SEITT with Carretera Convencional on autovía exit direction signs (which usually have a white background) if not also on the pull-through signs.

Cicerón--are the BOE (gazetted) versions of the new Normas 8.1-IC and 8.2-IC available? I did a quick Google search on them and couldn't find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treichard View Post
Are any project maps of CM-41 and the new CM-45 available on the web?

Is the completion schedule known for any of the CM-41 sections?
The proyectos for both CM-41 and CM-45 include signing plans. Unfortunately, neither is still online since the licitaciones (lettings) closed in autumn 2009. (They were enormous files too--3 GB each.) I'm willing to upload the signing plans to a file-sharing site if anyone's interested. I don't have filesizes at my fingertips, but I'd estimate 50 MB maximum for each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Yep, there are still plans for make the R-1 North of Madrid, according to Spanish wiki. The project is done, however the contract isn't signed yet.
Is there a place on the Web where the proyecto can be downloaded?
J N Winkler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #1925
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by J N Winkler View Post

Cicerón--are the BOE (gazetted) versions of the new Normas 8.1-IC and 8.2-IC available? I did a quick Google search on them and couldn't find them.
No, they are not. There's only a rough draft (borrador) since Dec2008 that seems to have been sent to some companies, but nothing official.

BTW, I finally found out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicerón View Post
-I have never seen these markings:
These markings are for helicopter pilots to find accidents faster.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #1926
treichard

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J N Winkler View Post
The proyectos for both CM-41 and CM-45 include signing plans. Unfortunately, neither is still online since the licitaciones (lettings) closed in autumn 2009. (They were enormous files too--3 GB each.) I'm willing to upload the signing plans to a file-sharing site if anyone's interested. I don't have filesizes at my fingertips, but I'd estimate 50 MB maximum for each.
I'd like to see part of the CM-45 project plans, if you don't mind the bother of putting that part (or all of it) online.

Here's what I am looking for:
- Map of the path and interchanges for the section that recently opened (and the U/C sections, too, if available).
- The interchange numbers and intersecting road numbers/names.
http://cmap.m-plex.com/
treichard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #1927
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

I have double-checked what I have.

* Key number CN-SP-107: Autovía de Ciudad Real a Valdepeñas (CM-43), tramo Enlace de Granátula de Calatrava-Valdepeñas.

* Key number CN-SP-106: Autovía de la Sagra (CM-45), tramo III (Enlace Villaseca de la Sagra-Dehesa Nueva del Rey) (basically, AP-41 to R-4/A-4).

So it looks like I can do CM-45, but not CM-41. I apologize--I posted without double-checking what I actually had (that would have entailed turning on a 1 TB external hard drive), and mistook CM-43 for CM-41.

The CM-45 signing plans are here (28 MB download):

http://www.fileserve.com/file/jrqJdRR
Old October 28th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #1928
treichard

Thanks - these sheets should help.

I think Spain should put more destinations and route numbers on their road signs. Saying only "CM-45 Villaseca de la Sagra CM-44 E-5 R-4 A-4 Peaje A-41 Madrid CM-4001 Villaseca de la Sagra Toledo Via de servicio CM-41 A-42 Valmojado E-90 A-5" on a single sign might not be sufficient!
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:42 AM   #1929
treichard

Are there two different CM-45's?

One (Autovia del IV Centenario) opened as CM-45 in Sept. between Ciudad Real and Granatula de Calatrava along the CM-412 corridor. Photos are available here:
http://www.urbanity.es/foro/infraest...enario-10.html

But the sign plans linked above show that CM-45 is a part of the Autovia de la Sagra network, which runs from Villaseca de la Sagra northeastward toward A-4/R-4/E-5 along the CM-4001 corridor and intersects CM-41 and CM-44.
Old October 29th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #1930
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Thanks - these sheets should help.

I think Spain should put more destinations and route numbers on their road signs. Saying only "CM-45 Villaseca de la Sagra CM-44 E-5 R-4 A-4 Peaje A-41 Madrid CM-4001 Villaseca de la Sagra Toledo Via de servicio CM-41 A-42 Valmojado E-90 A-5" on a single sign might not be sufficient!
Are you sure? Showing more text on the actual signaling could be like reading "El Quijote" in ancient Spanish for drivers

I think that the helicopter markings are a good idea. But I think there are cheaper ways for an helicopter to know over what km is flying like GPS...

Bye^2
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #1931
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

Quote:
Are there two different CM-45's?

One (Autovia del IV Centenario) opened as CM-45 in Sept. between Ciudad Real and Granatula de Calatrava along the CM-412 corridor. Photos are available here:

http://www.urbanity.es/foro/infraest...enario-10.html

But the sign plans linked above show that CM-45 is a part of the Autovia de la Sagra network, which runs from Villaseca de la Sagra northeastward toward A-4/R-4/E-5 along the CM-4001 corridor and intersects CM-41 and CM-44.
I don't really know the answer to your question. However, the other proyecto I got (whose construction plans I did not upload) is part of the Autovía del IV Centenario and is a prolongation of the segment which opened last September. In the signing plans I have, however, its designation is given as CM-43, not CM-45.

SCCLM (which handles the debt-financed highway construction for the Junta de Castilla-La Mancha and is the regional equivalent of SEITT) has issued an advertisement for construction of this exact segment. The closing date for tenders is 10 November.

http://www.scclm.es/index.php/perfil...esactuales/178

Although SCCLM is hosting the advertisement, the actual awarding body is a company called Sociedad Gestora de la Autovía del IV Centenario. Last year's procurement, as I understand it, was essentially a type of DBFO in which the "D" (design) was more or less complete and was released to prospective tenderers who would then handle the rest ("BFO"--build, finance, operate) over a set and lengthy time period (I think it was 30 years). I suspect that the Sociedad Gestora is the legal entity which directly handles the DBFO now.

SCCLM does not have the proyecto associated with this contract on its website, and advises tenderers to pick it up in person at the offices of the Sociedad Gestora in Toledo. SCCLM sadly has a tendency to do this with really large projects. (I tried to get the documentation for a couple of €80 million projects they advertised last summer. Instead of mailing it to me on DVD as I had asked, they explained that their contractors usually picked it up in person, and by implication invited me to explain why I could not do the same. I actually passed through Madrid last June, and considered going to Toledo to make a visit in person, but by that point I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't feel that the errand justified the €32 or so I would have had to pay for a return ticket on the AVE out of Atocha now that the slow train via Aranjuez is no longer available.) I think that the proyecto associated with this construction procurement is basically the same as the proyecto released as part of the DBFO, but I don't know what changes (such as route numbers on signs) might have been made in the intervening year.

I am still willing to upload the CM-43 plans, BTW.
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #1932
treichard

There must have been some numbering changes.

The CM-45 (Sagra) signing plans show the 3-part Autovia de la Sagra with numbers:
CM-41 (NW-SE)
CM-45 (SW-NE)
CM-44 (W-E connector)

Yet other plans on the web show that CM-44 as CM-43 and don't mention what CM-4001 becomes after dualization:
http://www.fedeto.es/noticias/Autovi...0de%20Tajo.pdf

And your CM-43 (IV Cententario) signing plans ended up posted as CM-45 (with Google Maps claiming it's CM-44).

@Orik: Sorry if it wasn't clear that I was being sarcastic.
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #1933
J N Winkler
Road enthusiast

On an unrelated question, can anyone comment on the prospects for new construction contract advertisements from Fomento and SEITT in 2011?

Fomento has advertised nothing since May:

http://www.fomento.es/MFOM/LANG_CAST...ios_centrales/

SEITT has advertised nothing related to highways since December 2009 (all recent advertisements have been for rail projects):

http://www.seitt.es/SEITT/LANG_CASTE...ACIONES_OBRAS/

The impression I have had is that Spain has sharply curtailed spending on infrastructure as part of an ongoing effort to defend its public-sector debt rating. Some major projects are going ahead (e.g., as I write this ADIF has advertised several construction projects for high-speed rail lines), but they are generally confined to the rail sector.

I know for a fact that Fomento is sitting on finished proyectos de construcción for things like a N-332 bypass of Xeraco (to be built to Spanish "Super Two" standards with comprehensive grade separation and full control of access) to another length of the SE-40 ring road (completion date pushed from 2013 out to 2015 or even later). However, it has been so long since I saw advertisements from them that I am wondering if those proyectos will ever see the light of day.
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #1934
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2657

Never ever trust Google Maps blindly.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:52 AM   #1935
disbesa

Likes (Received): 3

Here´s a video of what drivers of nothern coast of Spain we must stand until the A-8 (Autovia del Cantabrico) gets finished.

This is the N-632 from Carcedo until Concha de Artedo at Asturias region. In the last part of the vid we can see the new viaduct in construction while we cross "the old" conventional one before entering a finished strecht of the A-8.

On the first part of the video between Carcedo & Muros de Nalón there´s not a lot of traffic cos it´s mainly absorbed by open strecht of the Autovia lasting 8 Km., but from there onwards (Muros - Concha de Artedo) the A-8 is still under construction and will take really long to finish...sometimes I wonder if for once in my life I´ll be able to drive on full Autovía from Bilbao to La Coruña.
disbesa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM   #1936
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I went to that area for holiday in 2008 (Then A-8 restarted at Novellana, some 8 kilometers further than the current restart point) and passed again in August. The new Concha de Artedo viaduct is going to be one of the highest bridges in Spain (Maybe the 2nd), with 110 meters high. It's really scary!
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:36 PM   #1937
OriK
Usuario Registrado

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
@Orik: Sorry if it wasn't clear that I was being sarcastic.
Pretty clear, but i wanted to write my joke :P

But I don't know how the signaling could be clearer than now! :S
OriK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #1938
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

The A-2 in Alcalá de Henares. From 2+2 to 2+3+3+2. Also, the radius of the curve near km34 is being increased.

All the pictures have been taken by whisper (urbanity.es)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
Comenzamos en el Km 30 (aprox.) Sobre el puente de El Ensanche:

Vista general sentido Madrid, aquí acaba (o empieza, según se mire) de momento el tercer carril:

Aquí se aprecia el punto exacto en el que la calzada sentido Madrid pasa de 2 a 3 carriles. En este punto también da comienzo la vía de servicio.
En sentido salida la cosa está algo peor, ya que la vía de servicio finaliza en el mismo punto en el que se pasa de 3 a 2 carriles, sinónimo de atasco.
(Perdón por la calidad de la foto, pero el puente tiene mamparas y se ve así de "regulero")

En la siguiente foto puede verse la "Chicanne" que hay que realizar actualmente en sentido Madrid.
Los coches circulan sentido entrada por lo que será el sentido de salida, y en este punto se colocan en el tronco de circulación definitivo.
En sentido salida, los coches pasan a circular a lo que será la continuación de la vía de servicio sentido salida.

[Sigue...]
Quote:
Vamos a ver ahora los nuevos accesos de entrada y salida de Alcalá en este mismo puente de El Ensanche (Km 30 aprox.)

Acceso a la A2 sentido entrada hacia Madrid, ya en funcionamiento. Entronca con la vía de servicio.

Acceso a Alcalá desde la A2 sentido salida hacia Guadalajara, ya en funcionamiento. Se accederá desde la futura vía de servicio.

Acceso a la A2, sentido salida hacia Guadalajara, como se aprecia, no está abierto a la circulación.
Se accederá a la vía de servicio (cuando este hecha)

Por último, acceso a Alcalá desde la A2 sentido entrada a Madrid. Se abrirá cuando se habilite la vía de servicio (se ve que aquí queda mucho por hacer)

[Sigue...]
Quote:
Seguimos en el mismo punto, pero mirando hacia Guadalajara:

Actualmente, como decía en la entrada anterior, el sentido entrada circula por lo que será el sentido salida, el sentido salida circula por lo que será la vía de servicio:

Lo que será el sentido entrada está aun así de verde (no literalmente, claro)

Y aquí está, bueno, aquí estaba la famosa pérgola, de la que ya no queda nada, más que el vacío que ha dejado.

[Sigue...]
Quote:
De puente a puente, nos vamos al de Los Jesuitas, un kilómetros más arriba, en el 31.
Aquí las cosas están menos avanzadas.

Un par de imágenes sentido Madrid:

Y ahora otras dos mirando hacia Guadalajara:

[Sigue...]
Quote:
Y llegamos al último puente por el que me he parado hoy. El del Campus Universitario:

Aquí las obras llevan menos tiempo ejecutándose, se trata del tramo que comprende los kilómetros del 31 al 33, la zona más complicada de la ejecución entre el Puente de Meco (que hay que ensanchar con nuevas plataformas) y el de La Dehesa, en la salida oeste de Alcalá, que cambiará de trazado para evitar la actual curva, bastante peligrosa.

Mirando hacia Madrid y el puente de Meco:

Aquí un zoom a una de las estructuras que se está construyendo en el puente de Meco. Se está trabajando a pleno rendimiento allí, además, la CAM tiene previsto duplicar esta carretera (la de Meco) así que el trabajo allí será doble.

Y vamos con la última foto, desde el Puente del Campus mirando hacia Guadalajara.
Al fondo, la curva del puente de La Dehesa, trazado que será modificado.

[Fin]

The works between km38 and km55 will start soon. This stretch has been the last one because it runs next to a lot of factories and several expropiations were needed. That means that all the way from Madrid to Zaragoza will be en obras in a few days.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:52 AM   #1939
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21253

I read that Spanish is planning on abolishing the 3rd category of roads (marked with 100km/h). Is that true?

Old December 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #1940
arriaca
BANNED

Likes (Received): 91

No, I don´t read nothing about this. But our Goberment loves crazy laws.
Sources please?
arriaca no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
autopista, carreteras, españa, highways, motorways, road, spain, spain in the world, via rapida