daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #601
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

Ok...Did'nt seen any Jet Bridges and I know the old one did'nt have any!!
killerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2014, 06:30 PM   #602
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

Likes (Received): 904

The old one didn't, the new one does

I can say that because I passed through in transit a few days back
georgiaame
Will Etihad do a bacon sandwich for that price? I didn't think so.

tullamarine I don't think Etihad (or Emirates for that matter) will do a bacon sandwich at any price!!! Qantas customers on Sydney/Melbourne-London lost bacon from the breakfast menu following the Emirates alliance.

BaconButty I finally understand the true horrors of globalization.
ScuderiaVincero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2014, 02:48 PM   #603
GF1011
BOM Centric

Likes (Received): 3360

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
Is that the new airport? Looks more like the old one to me!!
Its HIA. Taken from concourse B.
GF1011 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:39 AM   #604
urban stylin

Likes (Received): 21

last time i was in Doha they still had the old crowded airport, excited to land in the new one
urban stylin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #605
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Qatar Airways is set to recieve one or possibly two A380s today at Hamad International Airport--the first time the A380 lands in the State of Qatar.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-qatar...business-class

Qatar Airways’ first Airbus A380 will make its commercial debut on October 10 as the flagship flight QR001 to London, airline CEO Akbar Al Baker revealed
[IMG]http://i60.************/dbmj6f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.************/xnhvk0.jpg[/IMG]

patel2897 liked this post
Halawala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 07:51 AM   #606
abhijith16

Likes (Received): 2404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
Qatar Airways is set to recieve one or possibly two A380s today at Hamad International Airport--the first time the A380 lands in the State of Qatar.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-qatar...business-class

Qatar Airways’ first Airbus A380 will make its commercial debut on October 10 as the flagship flight QR001 to London, airline CEO Akbar Al Baker revealed
When is it landing into DOH?
abhijith16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 08:34 AM   #607
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijith16 View Post
When is it landing into DOH?
At 5:00 PM I was told
Old September 18th, 2014, 08:36 AM   #608
Halawala
Fairouzy

Some photos of the Business Class Lounge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosmoFlyer View Post
I visited Al Mourjan Lounge earlier this week. I arrived around 5.30am and left around 8.00am. It was very busy but still easily find unoccupied seats. You can read my full trip report of the lounge and airport at http://bit.ly/1vTNl0h

Some of the pictures

Click here for more Pics via forumer sfo777
Old September 19th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #609
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

Thanks Mohammed

When i left Doha last time t was a different lounge.. very small crowded and does not look like business class lounge but i think thats because this one was not ready yet…

Some pictures from QR A380 arrival at HIA and the celebration

patel2897, iloveblr, FM 2258 liked this post
love-qatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #610
z928328
Z/

Likes (Received): 16

I wonder will Doha Hamad airport be like Dubai ,Honk Kong or Singapore airport where many international airlines are landing? From what I see and I frequent Doha airport- I see only Qatar airways dominates the Airport. Only a few foreign airlines at Doha airport.

Have anybody have pictures of Cathay Pacific plane at Hamad international airport? I recall reading about the agreement between Cathay & QR.
z928328 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2014, 01:13 AM   #611
love-qatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by z928328 View Post
I wonder will Doha Hamad airport be like Dubai ,Honk Kong or Singapore airport where many international airlines are landing? From what I see and I frequent Doha airport- I see only Qatar airways dominates the Airport. Only a few foreign airlines at Doha airport.

Have anybody have pictures of Cathay Pacific plane at Hamad international airport? I recall reading about the agreement between Cathay & QR.
Qatar Airways follows codeshare partners system which is a business arrangement where Qatar Airways share the same flight with other airline, which means that it publish and market the flight under its own airline designator and flight number as part of its published time table/schedule. A number of seats can be purchased on Qatar Airways designator and flight number, but is actually operated by cooperating airline, commonly called the operating carrier.

This policy was created because of the limitation absorptive capacity of the old airport (Doha International Airport) compare to Qatar Airway expansion. Thats why we see a lot of partnership such as Air Berlin, American AirlinesFinnAir, Ireria, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia, Qantas, S7 Airlines, TAM Airlines and US Airways. On the other hand we still see the same system goes with some airlines which do land in doha such as British Airways, Srilankan Airlines, Royal Jordanian, and Cathay Pasific and thats because this airlines are only allowed to land once a day and i think they want to raise the number of flights to Doha.

Also Codeshare partnership advantages is to increase in the frequency of service on the route by one airline. Provides a method for carriers who do not operate their own aircraft on a given route to gain exposure in the market through display of their flight numbers. And the operational cost will generally be reduced to nil.

I think even the current airport HIA is not enough for Qatar Airways but when the airport will open in full it might give more opportunity for other airlines to land in HIA
Old September 21st, 2014, 01:38 PM   #612
stevensp

Likes (Received): 66

Going to fly from Brussels to Jakarta over Doha... Im curious to see the new airport! It looks promising. Will be there at nighttime so I am not sure the roof in the hall will have the same effect then. When I fly back home in one month I will be there during the day though...

+ more project updates will be posted soon!
stevensp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2014, 07:19 PM   #613
z928328
Z/

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post
Qatar Airways follows codeshare partners system which is a business arrangement where Qatar Airways share the same flight with other airline, which means that it publish and market the flight under its own airline designator and flight number as part of its published time table/schedule. A number of seats can be purchased on Qatar Airways designator and flight number, but is actually operated by cooperating airline, commonly called the operating carrier.

This policy was created because of the limitation absorptive capacity of the old airport (Doha International Airport) compare to Qatar Airway expansion. Thats why we see a lot of partnership such as Air Berlin, American AirlinesFinnAir, Ireria, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia, Qantas, S7 Airlines, TAM Airlines and US Airways. On the other hand we still see the same system goes with some airlines which do land in doha such as British Airways, Srilankan Airlines, Royal Jordanian, and Cathay Pasific and thats because this airlines are only allowed to land once a day and i think they want to raise the number of flights to Doha.

Also Codeshare partnership advantages is to increase in the frequency of service on the route by one airline. Provides a method for carriers who do not operate their own aircraft on a given route to gain exposure in the market through display of their flight numbers. And the operational cost will generally be reduced to nil.

I think even the current airport HIA is not enough for Qatar Airways but when the airport will open in full it might give more opportunity for other airlines to land in HIA
Ahh..I see. That's why I see QR & US airways logo on the airport TV screen when I go to Manchester last year. So to say both airlines shares the profit?
z928328 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 12:28 AM   #614
Halawala
Fairouzy

Check out my Trip Report on the A380!
Old September 22nd, 2014, 05:01 AM   #615
love-qatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by z928328 View Post
So to say both airlines shares the profit?
Yes, ratio of the seats for each airline, sometimes 3 airlines share the profit you will see that if you are coming to/from Houston were US Airways, American Airlines and Qatar Airways share one flight. And a lot of other things and privileges which i am not aware of as its contract between the both.

I also heard from someone who work in Qatar Airways that some airlines such as British Airways, US Airways, United Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Jet Airways and some others would want to land 2-4 times a day but he himself does not know why that does not happened yet or what prevents

The airlines which land in HIA are:

Air Arabia
Air India Express
British Airways
Biman Bangladesh Airlines
Cathay Pacific
EgyptAir
Emirates
Etihad Airways
FlyDubai
Gulf Air
Iran Air
Jet Airways
KLM
Kuwait Airlines
Lufthansa
MEA Middle East Airline
Naoal Airlines
Oman Air
Pakistan Int'l Airlines
Pegasus Airlines
Royal Jordanian
Saudi Arabia Airlines
Srilankan Airline
Syrian Airlines
Turkish Airlines
United Airlines
United Airways Bangladesh
Yemenia Yemen Airlines
Old September 22nd, 2014, 06:31 AM   #616
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post
Yes, ratio of the seats for each airline, sometimes 3 airlines share the profit you will see that if you are coming to/from Houston were US Airways, American Airlines and Qatar Airways share one flight. And a lot of other things and privileges which i am not aware of as its contract between the both.

I also heard from someone who work in Qatar Airways that some airlines such as British Airways, US Airways, United Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Jet Airways and some others would want to land 2-4 times a day but he himself does not know why that does not happened yet or what prevents

The airlines which land in HIA are:

Air Arabia
Air India Express
British Airways
Biman Bangladesh Airlines
Cathay Pacific
EgyptAir
Emirates
Etihad Airways
FlyDubai
Gulf Air
Iran Air
Jet Airways
KLM
Kuwait Airlines
Lufthansa
MEA Middle East Airline
Naoal Airlines
Oman Air
Pakistan Int'l Airlines
Pegasus Airlines
Royal Jordanian
Saudi Arabia Airlines
Srilankan Airline
Syrian Airlines
Turkish Airlines
United Airlines
United Airways Bangladesh
Yemenia Yemen Airlines
United Airlines stopped a flying to Doha in August. I think there are less airlines than Dubai, because Dubai is more of a tourist/business destination than Doha. It is WAY easier to do business in Dubai than here--so it attracts a lot of companies.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 06:31 AM   #617
abhijith16

Likes (Received): 2404

Quote:

United Airlines stopped a flying to Doha in August. I think there are less airlines than Dubai, because Dubai is more of a tourist/business destination than Doha. It is WAY easier to do business in Dubai than here--so it attracts a lot of companies.
Also note, Jet will be adding 3 new flights from Winter 2014 onwards.

Halawala liked this post
abhijith16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 07:04 PM   #618
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

Quote:
No...the reason for that was the flight was Washington DC Dulles (IAD) - DXB - DOH and return was again DOH - DXB - IAD...
Who wants to pay the high air ticket prices that US airline companies have plus stop in Dubai? Emirates one-stop fares are usually lower with better services and for the ones with the money Qatar has non-stop 5 star services probably for the same United fare or worst case slightly higher fares!!

India's Jet Airways had always mentioned that they wanted to expand services to Doha and that landing and parking slots at a specific time of the day were not available and hence they would wait till the new airport opened...They kept their word!!
killerk está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:28 PM   #619
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
No...the reason for that was the flight was Washington DC Dulles (IAD) - DXB - DOH and return was again DOH - DXB - IAD...
Who wants to pay the high air ticket prices that US airline companies have plus stop in Dubai? Emirates one-stop fares are usually lower with better services and for the ones with the money Qatar has non-stop 5 star services probably for the same United fare or worst case slightly higher fares!!

India's Jet Airways had always mentioned that they wanted to expand services to Doha and that landing and parking slots at a specific time of the day were not available and hence they would wait till the new airport opened...They kept their word!!
Yes, and actually, the UA flight used to be serviced with US Army personnel stationed in Doha. However, with QR now aligned with AA via OneWorld, UA was not needed anymore.
Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:29 PM   #620
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijith16 View Post
Also note, Jet will be adding 3 new flights from Winter 2014 onwards.
Three flights a day?

Tags
doha, south asian hub airport