daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:58 PM   #621
z928328
Z/

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by love-qatar View Post
Yes, ratio of the seats for each airline, sometimes 3 airlines share the profit you will see that if you are coming to/from Houston were US Airways, American Airlines and Qatar Airways share one flight. And a lot of other things and privileges which i am not aware of as its contract between the both.

I also heard from someone who work in Qatar Airways that some airlines such as British Airways, US Airways, United Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, Jet Airways and some others would want to land 2-4 times a day but he himself does not know why that does not happened yet or what prevents

The airlines which land in HIA are:

Air Arabia
Air India Express
British Airways
Biman Bangladesh Airlines
Cathay Pacific
EgyptAir
Emirates
Etihad Airways
FlyDubai
Gulf Air
Iran Air
Jet Airways
KLM
Kuwait Airlines
Lufthansa
MEA Middle East Airline
Naoal Airlines
Oman Air
Pakistan Int'l Airlines
Pegasus Airlines
Royal Jordanian
Saudi Arabia Airlines
Srilankan Airline
Syrian Airlines
Turkish Airlines
United Airlines
United Airways Bangladesh
Yemenia Yemen Airlines
I see. maybe they see its better this way to codeshare. both airlines benefits. Jet airways would benefit a lot as lots of workers from India would use it. But Do Qatar govt have control over airlines saying you can only land once per day?

So far I never seen Cathay pacific lands in Doha itself. Or where their crew stay for the night in Doha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halawala View Post
United Airlines stopped a flying to Doha in August. I think there are less airlines than Dubai, because Dubai is more of a tourist/business destination than Doha. It is WAY easier to do business in Dubai than here--so it attracts a lot of companies.
yeah Dubai its favored among tourist & businessman. I do see United airlines crew at Dubai airport preparing their flight for Doha. I guess now its direct DBX to Washington.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
No...the reason for that was the flight was Washington DC Dulles (IAD) - DXB - DOH and return was again DOH - DXB - IAD...
Who wants to pay the high air ticket prices that US airline companies have plus stop in Dubai? Emirates one-stop fares are usually lower with better services and for the ones with the money Qatar has non-stop 5 star services probably for the same United fare or worst case slightly higher fares!!

India's Jet Airways had always mentioned that they wanted to expand services to Doha and that landing and parking slots at a specific time of the day were not available and hence they would wait till the new airport opened...They kept their word!!
Yeah competition from Emirates & Etihad makes US airlines not favored among middle eastern customers? I mean they prefer to follow their own airlines rather than US carrier?

Quote:
Yes, and actually, the UA flight used to be serviced with US Army personnel stationed in Doha. However, with QR now aligned with AA via OneWorld, UA was not needed anymore.
I didn't know there's a US base in Qatar.
z928328 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2014, 11:18 PM   #622
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by z928328 View Post
I see. maybe they see its better this way to codeshare. both airlines benefits. Jet airways would benefit a lot as lots of workers from India would use it. But Do Qatar govt have control over airlines saying you can only land once per day?

So far I never seen Cathay pacific lands in Doha itself. Or where their crew stay for the night in Doha?

yeah Dubai its favored among tourist & businessman. I do see United airlines crew at Dubai airport preparing their flight for Doha. I guess now its direct DBX to Washington.

Yeah competition from Emirates & Etihad makes US airlines not favored among middle eastern customers? I mean they prefer to follow their own airlines rather than US carrier?

I didn't know there's a US base in Qatar.
Cathay operates a daily A330-300 flight from DOH-HKG.
and Qatar is home to one of the largest American bases in the world outside of the US.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 04:21 AM   #623
z928328
Z/

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
and Qatar is home to one of the largest American bases in the world outside of the US.
I did a google search actually & saw a video on you tube- Wow- that US air base have a proper runway for their KC 10 tankers & bombers.

I just Cathay flew in Doha at night? I did a search on youtube "hamad airport". I didn't know there's a Qatar aviation lovers group shows plane landing at Hamad Int airport. I see the video of Cargolux, United & even Kuwait airways. Fun to watch..
z928328 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:41 AM   #624
abhijith16

Likes (Received): 2404

Quote:

Three flights a day?
In total, 6 flights a day. 2 to BOM and one each to DEL/COK/CCJ/TRV.

All effective 01DEC.
abhijith16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:16 AM   #625
abhijith16

Likes (Received): 2404

Quote:
Three flights a day?
6 flights a day in total from 1st of December. 2 flights a day to Mumbai and one flight each to Delhi, Kochi, Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram.
abhijith16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:52 PM   #626
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

Quote:
Cathay began flights to Doha after Qatar joined One World (Abu Dhabi lost their Cathay flights 2 days before that)...As Qatar gets more into the Alliance, I expect to see more One World carriers beginning flights to DOH...
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:57 PM   #627
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Cathay began flights to Doha after Qatar joined One World (Abu Dhabi lost their Cathay flights 2 days before that)...As Qatar gets more into the Alliance, I expect to see more One World carriers beginning flights to DOH...
Unfortunately QF won't be one of them...
Old September 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM   #628
killerk

Likes (Received): 1120

and Air Berlin!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 09:36 PM   #629
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
Unfortunately QF won't be one of them...
Quote:
and Air Berlin!!
True, but we still do not know what airlines have the power to do. QF is already canceling a few flights to DXB, I think it will do much better to fly to DOH. For one thing, there is NO other competition on the route. EK flies its own 777s and A380s to SYD and BNE, and multiple dailies to MEL and PER. QF will have the market all on their own.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:41 PM   #630
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

I hope to one day afford a first class ticket and first class experience on Qatar Airways A380 and 787 and within Qatar.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 01:24 AM   #631
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
I hope to one day afford a first class ticket and first class experience on Qatar Airways A380 and 787 and within Qatar.
Mayby one day you will can on A380 but 787 does not have first class
Old September 24th, 2014, 07:47 PM   #632
EK413

Quote:
True, but we still do not know what airlines have the power to do. QF is already canceling a few flights to DXB, I think it will do much better to fly to DOH. For one thing, there is NO other competition on the route. EK flies its own 777s and A380s to SYD and BNE, and multiple dailies to MEL and PER. QF will have the market all on their own.
Even though QF/EK are in a partnership I feel as though QF should've signed up QR. Really disappointed to say the least BUT who am I to say they made right or wrong decision.
Old September 27th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #633
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Even though QF/EK are in a partnership I feel as though QF should've signed up QR. Really disappointed to say the least BUT who am I to say they made right or wrong decision.
I feel the same way! I think QR can fill a lot of QF's A380 with its own passengers to Australia. Another way they can bypass this is to use BA to get to Australia; perhaps LHR-DOH-SYD, and they could codeshare to PER, MEL from LHR.
Old September 27th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #634
EK413

Quote:
I feel the same way! I think QR can fill a lot of QF's A380 with its own passengers to Australia. Another way they can bypass this is to use BA to get to Australia; perhaps LHR-DOH-SYD, and they could codeshare to PER, MEL from LHR.
Agreed! EK have the better end of the stick accessing QF Frequent Flyers & domestic / regional network. Ok, QF gain 60+ European, UK, African destinations 1 stop ex-DXB however they continue to struggle to fill their double daily LHR services...
The QF/BA JSA agreement was outdated but with QR onboard this would've been a real game changer with both carriers respectively feeding QR's network via DOH!
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #635
Halawala
Fairouzy

Quote:
Agreed! EK have the better end of the stick accessing QF Frequent Flyers & domestic / regional network. Ok, QF gain 60+ European, UK, African destinations 1 stop ex-DXB however they continue to struggle to fill their double daily LHR services...
The QF/BA JSA agreement was outdated but with QR onboard this would've been a real game changer with both carriers respectively feeding QR's network via DOH!
Spot on.

The thing I see troubling with Australia is its geographical position. It CANNOT be used as a transit destination to anywhere, except the South Pacific/New Zealand--and obviously Australia itself. So, relatively all flights to/from Australia will be O&D.

Lets not forget Australia's population is relatively small, and with virtually all major Asian airlines including the big ME3 (soon to be ME4) fly to Australia; QF is forced to be a second tier international carrier.

QF left BA hanging out in the cold and cut off its partnership in favor of EK. That leaves BA to be QR's baby to play with. and BA is in a much better financial, geographical position to be partners with--except one thing, SLOTS at Heathrow.

BA needs a nonstop flight from LHR to DOH (instead of via BA), on which BA will continue to SYD, and another flight to BNE.

I would bet you anything THIS is what is going to happen. QR already said it wants to jump into bed with BA. Willie Walsh, here we come!
Old December 18th, 2014, 11:44 AM   #636
stephendavion

Likes (Received): 172

Qatar's Prime Minister has given the approval for the launch of the second phase of airport expansion by Hamad International Airport's steering committee. The design contract will be awarded by the fourth quarter of 2015, by which the design works will be completed and the budget for the second phase will be decided.
stephendavion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 12:24 PM   #637
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 5129

Quote:
They are struggling to fill there new Edinburgh service too with loads factors on average about 50%, with Ethiad arriving there next year and EK who have 2 flights a day from nearby Glasgow, i fear one will not survive.
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #638
EK413

Quote:
Spot on.

The thing I see troubling with Australia is its geographical position. It CANNOT be used as a transit destination to anywhere, except the South Pacific/New Zealand--and obviously Australia itself. So, relatively all flights to/from Australia will be O&D.

Lets not forget Australia's population is relatively small, and with virtually all major Asian airlines including the big ME3 (soon to be ME4) fly to Australia; QF is forced to be a second tier international carrier.

QF left BA hanging out in the cold and cut off its partnership in favor of EK. That leaves BA to be QR's baby to play with. and BA is in a much better financial, geographical position to be partners with--except one thing, SLOTS at Heathrow.

BA needs a nonstop flight from LHR to DOH (instead of via BA), on which BA will continue to SYD, and another flight to BNE.

I would bet you anything THIS is what is going to happen. QR already said it wants to jump into bed with BA. Willie Walsh, here we come!
You are spot on in saying Australia georographically is a O&D destination. However, what is NZ's excuse considering New Zealand is really further & been able to make their network work.

The JSA with BA was working & with QR part of OW the 2 could've done wonders with their services rerouted via DOH. The decision maker from QF's perspective was the capital investment which was nil going via DXB as EK would provide the services QF required without the need to purchase aircraft. Hopefully with QF slowly getting out of the woods the B787 order will materialise and QF can add additional services from BNE,ADL, & PER.

I must say BA has certainly shown how's it's done by throwing a B77W on the LHR-SIN-SYD route. I personally do not see the carrier drop SIN as a transit port at the moment but perhaps it could happen in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum X View Post
They are struggling to fill there new Edinburgh service too with loads factors on average about 50%, with Ethiad arriving there next year and EK who have 2 flights a day from nearby Glasgow, i fear one will not survive.
My understanding EK are happy to saturate markets with capacity regardless of their loads.

Last edited by EK413; December 19th, 2014 at 03:08 AM.
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2014, 08:04 AM   #639
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
That's cause many Qantas passengers transfer onto other EK flights at DXB. QF needs to get extra feed from EK on its QF flights from DXB to LHR.

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2014, 08:08 AM   #640
EmiratesAirline380

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum X View Post
This situation is gonna occur more and more soon. Some markets are just not big enough to support all of the ME3. The question is, which airline is willing to give up first. QR and EY aren't really that profitable so I think those 2 carriers will try to push EK out of smaller markets.

255 Aircraft - 150+ Destinations - 252 aircraft orders

ETIHAD AIRWAYS

124 Aircraft - 112 Destinations - 198 aircraft orders
EmiratesAirline380 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
doha, south asian hub airport