daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Luzon

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #301
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly2112 View Post
At the country club opening right now. This place is incredible. They did a great job. The pool is as nice as any 5 star hotel pool I've seen.
I think the pool is too small to accomodate unit owners and club members. I live in a condo with just 100+ units and the pool is Olympic size. Quite disappointed on the size.
MadamButterfly no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #302
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagumbayani View Post
I was told that many the ground floor units in Jacana are owned by HC as rental units.
I think they have a hard time selling them, so they can rent it temporarily. It's common for the builder to rent it out if there's no taker.
When I was there last Feb, I paid P400 for my guest to eat there, now I got a form indicating that the club fee is P500 per quest. I inquire why the change in price so soon, and what is the basis.
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #303
td_desert

Hi - Im a new unit owner in Myna and will be coming down in 1st Aug to take over. Is there anything I should be aware of.

Also - I tried contacting the previously noted contractos for Blinds, furniture, fittings, showerglass etc as noted on the previous pages, and they didnt respond to emails. Does anyone have good contacts for this, as I will be needing the whole place kitted out.

How is transport to the resort - is there currently anything arranged, or do we have to make our own way at the moment.

Cheers
td_desert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #304
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
Overall, the staff of CBRE, the condo manager, has been very helpful in fixing the problems I have noted.
Who is the condo manager you are referring on your quote? I find the customer service manager seems a little bit unrealiable. If she's too busy she needs to delegate.

Thanks.
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #305
nelly2112

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
I think the pool is too small to accomodate unit owners and club members. I live in a condo with just 100+ units and the pool is Olympic size. Quite disappointed on the size.

Really? The pool is huge!! It's not a pool you can do laps in though. It's more of a resort type pool. Plus, there are many layers to it. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Beach Club pool. That pool is small. The Country Club pool is huge and world class.
nelly2112 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:35 AM   #306
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
Really? The pool is huge!! It's not a pool you can do laps in though. It's more of a resort type pool. Plus, there are many layers to it. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Beach Club pool. That pool is small. The Country Club pool is huge and world class.
Maybe I am referring to the Beach Club pool (near the beach). Now, I really want to go to PI to see the Country Club then. Is the picture above justify it?
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #307
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_desert View Post
Hi - Im a new unit owner in Myna and will be coming down in 1st Aug to take over. Is there anything I should be aware of.

Also - I tried contacting the previously noted contractos for Blinds, furniture, fittings, showerglass etc as noted on the previous pages, and they didnt respond to emails. Does anyone have good contacts for this, as I will be needing the whole place kitted out.

How is transport to the resort - is there currently anything arranged, or do we have to make our own way at the moment.

Cheers
I think its really hard to do business in PI if your not there. Reason why I hired a interior decorator who will do all the errands for me. I can share mine if I get her quote, if reasonable.
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #308
td_desert

Hi MadamButterfly

That would be good if you could, as I am going to be needing to quickly kit out the whole place. We will see how long this takes once I get there.

It is a pity there are no assigned lists, as im sure there are other owners who would want full service and fittings. I have an appliance order ready with SM appliance, covering the main things like water heaters, stove / hood as recommended by SM, but I think I will probably need to arrange fitting for these aswell? Does hamilo have an inhouse electrician who does these things or do we need to arrange our own?
td_desert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #309
Beak

Quote:
I have a 1BD suite, corner unit and no shelves on what I think suppose to be the bedroom closet. It's just indented wall that looks like a closet to me. I was really disappointed as I saw a 1BD at Jacana with shelvings. I inquired to them and you're confirming this is standard. I guess its ok to me right now, as I am going to change the layout of my unit as I am not happy the way it is. I guess this is what I get as the floor plan was provided to after I put my downpayment.

Those pictures posted above a real picture of the Pico now? Last February, there was no water at the lagoon and only the clubhouse is open. I was not impressed by then, maybe now is better. Will you please confirm?
I have the same unit except it's not a corner one. Yeah, it's just an indented wall. Those pics are pretty much spot on. The country club pool is much bigger. It's more like several separate pools spanning the length of the restaurant.

Quote:

Cheers
My punch list included chipped tiles and uneven grouting. I could've moved in last week but I wanted them fixed first. I'm also having a hard time looking for a freestanding 60cm cooker. The 20amp rating of the socket/wiring/breaker is just too low. I prefer the ones that just have radiant heat zones but they usually have a 50amp+ total rating, even LaGermania's.

They said they have in-house maintenance people that can install appliances for you if necessary (forgot to ask for how much). But for the aircon, they mentioned a dealer where you can buy a Panasonic aircon and they'll also do the installation, including hiding the copper tubing for a split-type unit.

AFAIK, they have a shuttle service from MoA and back. But at the moment, I don't know, with the beach club being closed and all the damage from the typhoon. When I went there the place was virtually empty. I prefer to drive there myself. I sort of enjoy going full throttle on the 40 or so km road from Tagaytay to Nasugbu town proper, not to mention the mountain passes .
Beak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:55 PM   #310
almycha

Likes (Received): 11

My agent told me that Carolla will have a glass shower enclosure once it will be turned over to the owner. The turnover of Carolla will be earlier than December 2011 and there will only be one tennis court instead of two. However the one tennis court will have a roof not that white tent.
almycha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:21 PM   #311
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_desert View Post

Cheers
How's your turn over experience? I have 9 in my punchlist for them to fix so I am not sure when can I move to my unit; at least start installing the appliances.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:41 PM   #312
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
That's cool. I thought the increase was going to be higher. Like around Php 750,000.
I think the increase is insane! With the economy around the world is so bad I wonder who is willing to pay for that amount. Japan is really big on club membership, they are willing to pay their six month income for a club share and I am hoping we (Pilipinos') will be more conservative on spending.

Just a thought...
Old August 3rd, 2010, 06:00 PM   #313
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post
"There will likely be a management contract you can sign with CBRE too where you get 30 free days and they rent out your unit for you. But you may have to sign for 15 years and they will keep 30% too. Nothing official has been worked out yet though. "

Thanks Nely2112,

This is slightly different from what my agent told me although, of course, there are variations as expected. One version was that the renting out is basically a no management fee arrangement since the building earns also from the additional services (e.g. laundry, house cleaning which one pays for) on top of the other consumables. So I guess I may need to rent multiple rooms if I use the resort myself with my family and relatives.

To TheRick, yes it's 400 PHP per head for guests and I'm pretty sure of it. Probably not that bad since one can use it for meals, massages, drinks, etc.
I am reading the sharing of information here on renting and staying at your unit. This is ridiculous...you have 1BD unit, I don't stay there, I just want my mother to stay there for a few weeks with my sister to enjoy the place and I need to pay P400 (I think its now P500) per head. Why would HC has a say on how much they pay. I can understand if they use the club to eat, but just walking the beach and not use the pool to pay P500? This is insane...I bought my unit for security reason, and preservation of the sorroundings not to make HS rich...and it seems everybody is agreeing on what HC is doing. They will increase dues without any explanation at all and all we do is say nothing. WE pay association dues to maintain the place and the bldg, but to pay just to walk on the beach and not use the club to eat is absurd. I thought the P500 is paid if you use the facilities not to use your unit. Please correct me if my interpretation is wrong. Appreciate it. Customer service is not giving me anything at this moment as I want to clarify the rules of the club.
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:09 AM   #314
bagumbayani

This Php500 fee is is still questionable. Technically, if you have guests using the beach, I mean the beach, that requires a 500 peso payment. My guests don't pay that but only because we go to the beach before the Beach Club opens. I don't know if they'll be allowed to do that when its open and there are guards already posted at the entrance. I do pay 500 each guest if we are to eat at the restaurants and 250 pesos of that are supposed to be credited as consumables and the 250 to use not only the restaurants but all of the facilities only for that day. That really pisses me off to pay for each guest to use the restaurant (again technically adding 250 pesos to the cost of the food). I understand again if they will use the other facilities but to eat at the restaurants and to be charged for that I think is absurd.
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #315
keyo168

Quote:
This Php500 fee is is still questionable. Technically, if you have guests using the beach, I mean the beach, that requires a 500 peso payment. My guests don't pay that but only because we go to the beach before the Beach Club opens. I don't know if they'll be allowed to do that when its open and there are guards already posted at the entrance. I do pay 500 each guest if we are to eat at the restaurants and 250 pesos of that are supposed to be credited as consumables and the 250 to use not only the restaurants but all of the facilities only for that day. That really pisses me off to pay for each guest to use the restaurant (again technically adding 250 pesos to the cost of the food). I understand again if they will use the other facilities but to eat at the restaurants and to be charged for that I think is absurd.
so what's the 250 for? will it go to the resto owners to compensate its operation due to lack of customers? will it go to certain environmental organization to help maintain the hc's natural environment? will it lessen your dues? how much is your asso due by the way?
keyo168 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #316
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
I agree with your view; I think you would be more pissed off, if they will deny your guest to eat there for some reasons. It happened to my sister-in law and interior decorator that did the inspection of my unit in April. The customer service was 2 hour late, there some mixed up with their appointment, who will be assisting the visit, and while waiting for this person they want to eat lunch as its lunchtime already. They denied them access to the restaurant and referring them the more expensive place on the second floor. They eventually sorted it out and eventually let them use the facilities. I was mad at the customer service person for being late and not organizing the visit properly. In US, that is discrimination especially if they are guest of the unit owner. I suggested treating our guest like the unit owner, as they could be possible investor/future owner of HC property. I am giving HC the benefit of the doubt that they do not know how to manage such facilities and not aware of any consequences of their actions. My sales rep told me that they did deny access of the club to people who were lost and ended up in HC to eat at the restaurant. I think that was absurd. The place is not yet 100% develop and doing that will not help them sale the property. HC sale rep tried to justify that the place is exclusive and they are trying to protect our investment. I think their action does not fit-in with our culture.

Is there any rules written that was provided to you by HC re usage/fees on beach club or country club? The club manager is not answering my e-mail or I would guess they don’t have any written materials available right now. They are mentioning about club fees, I do not even know how much the club dues, (is this for beach club or country club) as I wanted to request waiver for now until I am ready to come back for good.

I think the unit owner should get involve in the creation of the rules and regulation of the beach club/country club if we are paying club dues, similar to the homeowner’s association fees. We need to manage our money as homeowner….
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:05 AM   #317
bagumbayani

The Pico de Loro Club fee is 2500 pesos a month. This entitles members, including spouses and children under 25, use of both the country club and beach club facilities, 750 pesos of this amount is reimbursed as consumables, which can accumulate for three months only.
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:50 AM   #318
MadamButterfly
MadamButterfly

Quote:
The Pico de Loro Club fee is 2500 pesos a month. This entitles members, including spouses and children under 25, use of both the country club and beach club facilities, 750 pesos of this amount is reimbursed as consumables, which can accumulate for three months only.
Thanks, I don't live in there, I only bought this for investment and possible retirement place. No kids, husband is in US too...if my mother can't use the consumable part of it then it's a waste of money for me. ..hmmmn.

Is there anybody in the forum that have the same situation ...and would like to share his/her opinion? Appreciate it, maybe we can request something. Tks.
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:07 AM   #319
bagumbayani

I don't even know if PDL Club membership is mandatory. But what good will it be to own a unit there and not being able to use the club facilities?
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #320
Beak

AFAIK, parents are classified as dependents (well, that's what they told me way back, it's not in the handbook), along with the spouse and children. Man, I'd be really pissed if they denied my guests access to the club.

I assumed just swimming in the beach doesn't require paying the day fee - and it shouldn't, if the guests don't use any of the facilities. They can just bring their own towels and gear and go straight to the unit. Otherwise, we should lobby for that.

Regarding the 250 non-consumable, I dunno. I'm on the fence. On one hand, it would be nice if our guests can just use the facilities for free or at much cheaper rates. On the other, we paid a hefty sum for our membership. Even if a guest pays for the day fee everyday, it'd still take 4 or 5 years to pay the equivalent of our membership. Come to think of it, why do we only get 750 consumable a month? 1250 would've been more... symmetrical .

Anyway, I'll be staying there for long periods. My plan is to stock up on food and just cook, when my consumable runs out. There's a nearby fishing village right before the mountain passes. There are even people peddling (rather small) lobsters on the street. Or drive (really fast) to Tagaygay .
Beak no está en línea   Reply With Quote