daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 21st, 2007, 10:24 PM   #1
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Likes (Received): 0

INDIANAPOLIS | Penn St. Hotel and Condos | 30 fl | Pro

So basically i am developing quite an interest in this so called "Penn Tower". I am not however overly optimistic after the widely acclaimed IC fell thru. Yet i wanna make a thread to post all the news or thoughts on this soon-to-be profound project!

I personally think it would be quite awesome if they like used the same design as the IC only on a scale that would not be so wide. Like perhaps 2/3 the width of the orignal design... Yet, you could also add a few floors & bring it to 51 or so floors. Perhaps that is a bit extreme but hey, i like the sound of it!

So pleeease whoever post whatever about this dubbed "Penn Tower". Feel free, i'd like to hear plenty of input!

Thanks in Advance,
~eRiCh

Last edited by IndiexInxIndy; March 21st, 2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Mistake
IndiexInxIndy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2007, 10:36 PM   #2
Unionstation13

Likes (Received): 37

Well, from what Moochie has said, its supposed to be classical, like the 100 year old brick towers in NY or Chicago. Its supposed to be pretty interesting, I mean, its not cutting edge, artistic or anything, but it should be very good infill, not to mention a good addition to the skyline.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:55 AM   #3
Powerslave

If it's half as nice as Moochie says, it will be the best looking building in our rather unimpressive CBD. I am really wanting to see this project get approved. We haven't had anything of this significance go up since the Chase Tower (formerly Bank One, formerly NBD(?)) in 1990. I don't count the upcoming Marriot because it's going to suck, I hate it and I would not be surprised if the 're-design' is as generic as the original submission.
Powerslave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 04:41 AM   #4
cjfjapan

Likes (Received): 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
We haven't had anything of this significance go up since the Chase Tower (formerly Bank One, formerly NBD(?)) in 1990.
No word here on Penn Tower, just a minor addition that before Banc One, it was American Fletcher National Bank...one of those long lost locals.
cjfjapan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 03:36 AM   #5
CorrND
Moderator Chris

Likes (Received): 463

Moderator note: the number of floors is not known for this project. I think the floor number on this project is supposed to be on the JW Marriott, which is projected to be around 30 floors.
CorrND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #6
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

So uh, is this actually a reality?
IndiexInxIndy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:05 AM   #7
IndiexInxIndy
Fuck The Bullshit!

Sooo...

So Moocher, what about that alleged news release? It looks as if ten days ago we were supposed to hear somethin. But in reality we have heard..... Nothin! I'm not pissed i'm just eagerly anticipating this!
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #8
unvrsty07

Likes (Received): 116

Hey mooch, any update by chance, anything at all. I know there were some haters that think youmade this up, just wanted to let you know i believe ya
unvrsty07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote