daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #281
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 109

I recently read an article by a Frankfurter journalist about that project. It is a not so beloved project among the urbanists.
Skyline_FFM no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #282
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

would prefer the first one...
newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #283
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

me too
ZZ-II está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #284
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

I would rather say: Not another glass-cladded building!
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #285
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

Im not a fan of all the midrises planned for the airport or gateway gardens
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #286
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4198

^
Why not? Will form a nice little cluster visible from the highway.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #287
HD
같같같같같같

instead of all the midrise clusters Id rather see one or two really tall buildings in the center
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #288
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Me too. Stop building 10 buildings with 15 storeys and build 2 with 75!
Old September 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #289
goschio
proud Kuffar

Sorry, but its impossible to build 75 story building at the airport or at gateway gardens . And no, these comapnies (offices, hotel, conference) do not want to built in CBD because their business is closely related to the airport.

And I perosnally prefer to have a little gateway gardens cluster, visible from the highway, than some lowrise office park somewhere outside of the city boundaries. Remeber, this is the first thing people will see when arriving by car. The entrance (A3, A5) is already impressive, but with this (+airrailcenter) it will be awesome and without resemblance in any german city.

Rengerings of Quartier Alpha (only one small part of Gateway gardens):

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Last edited by goschio; September 11th, 2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old September 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #290
HD
같같같같같같

new 200m tower

more news:

the developer vivico plans to erect a 200 meter tower at the former campanile-site, including office space for 3000 deutsche bahn employees and a bus terminal (source: fr)
Old September 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #291
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung also writes that the tower can be as 210m high.

Here u can see the location of the new tower, on a little Fantasyrendering i made a while ago...good height, good news, but again nothing higher than 300m which would be important for frankfurt to have a new landmark and to take the dominance of the commerzbakhochhaus away...

newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #292
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

Likes (Received): 5159

thats a really great render you made, too bad you removed it only hours after publishing it on daf
many thanks to the green party that the tower will finally get way taller then on your render, although you`re right that a 250m or more tower would be even better, but at this place 210m will do it aswell.
thats how 210m look at this place:
derUlukai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:56 AM   #293
goschio
proud Kuffar

Wow, fantastic news. This was the tower I was expecting the least.

Old September 12th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #294
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

^ Pity that tower near the Hauptbahnhof doesn't address the problems with buses. At the moment, that plot is a vacant lot (carpark) and many buses (usually long distance ones) use the streets around there to pick up passengers. Those passengers have no waiting area or shelter and it is a sham. I was hoping that what ever development is made there would have some decent bus station added with underground access to the main station. If this is built without it, I guess the transport solution will never be implemented as there is very little free space around the main station.
Old September 12th, 2008, 03:50 PM   #295
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 354

The tower project will have a bus terminal included.

But I don't see the smallest reason why on earth a tower is needed at this location, all the more with this height. I'd rather see the the Tower I of the UEC/Skyline Plaza (this 210m would be absolutely perfect there) built then this one. Too much away from the clusters and with this height it will ruin the skyline from many perspectives. That's not city planning, that's conceptlessness!
Rohne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #296
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57847

^ Indeed.

They definitely should build this thing at UEC, as Tower 1! Should be even cheaper than the location at central station.

210m at this place would look plain stupid. The clusters (Messe and Finanz-cluster) already are too spread out. This would increase the problem drastically.

NO to a BahnTower at the Hauptbahnhof!

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #297
Justme
Gotta lite?

^ Excellent news that it will include a bus terminal. Let's hope an underground pass to it as well from the Hauptbahnhof. In fact, while we are on that, hopefully they completely rebuild the underground shopping area under the Hauptbahnhof as it is so dated.

I think this building is in a good location. It is always optimal to have high density around a major station. It will also bring many office workers through the underground shopping area which will increase traffic there and hopefully keep the shops in business (look how successful, and large for that matter the underground shopping in Kyoto is, and I would imagine Frankfurt's station has a pretty good level of passenger movements compared to Kyoto). Like you, I do like clusters, but this is not too far from the Messe cluster that from many angles will look almost part of it (especially from the south). On the same note, it will fill in a bit of the gap between the Westhafen tower and Messe.

In fact, there should be more highrises around the Hauptbahnhof, if only there was more space. Then again, there are plenty of cheap post war structures that could be demolished without me having any issues.
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #298
Rohne
Schwarzkutte

Likes (Received): 354

The Westhafen tower is small enough (only 100m) and next to the Cutleut-Cluster so that there is no need to fill any gap between this building and the Messe. And the Messe Cluster is very far away - and needs several additional buildings like T185 and UEC Towers until it can be really called a cluster.
The Campanile will always be a solitaire (like the ecb) and that's stupid, especially when it comes to heights like these 210m!
Rohne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #299
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

Likes (Received): 5159

do you also think the messeturm shouldn`t have been build because it was placed outside the existing highrisecore?
i think the bahntower will be really great, think of the view from the runuparea to the mainstation with t185 on the left and bahntower right of it.
image hosted on flickr
derUlukai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:22 AM   #300
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohne View Post
The Westhafen tower is small enough (only 100m) and next to the Cutleut-Cluster so that there is no need to fill any gap between this building and the Messe. And the Messe Cluster is very far away - and needs several additional buildings like T185 and UEC Towers until it can be really called a cluster.
The Campanile will always be a solitaire (like the ecb) and that's stupid, especially when it comes to heights like these 210m!
I do see the Messe area as a cluster, at least from where I live. These are views from my apartment.

A bit dated, but you can see the Hauptbahnhof and where the new building will go. It will add to this cluster.

Tags
frankfurt, frankfurt projects