daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #301
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

nice views

Frankfurt is going to be crazy once again...after a long time concerning Highrise construction.
These projects have started already or will start 2009 or are already under construction.

Under Construction:
Tower 185 (185m)
Opernturm (170m)
Palaisquartier Office Tower (136m)
Palaisquartier Hotel Tower (99m)
KFW Westarkade (59m)
Airrail Center (600m long and about 46 m tall)

On Hold:
EZB-Skytower (185m, with Antenna 220m)
Construction will go on soon presumebly soon, at least in 2009

Construction Start in 2009
Grand Hyatt Hotel Tower (165m)
Formerly Kaiserkarree (150+m)
Maintor first part (60m Tower first, than a second 60m and finally a 100m Tower)
Bahn Tower (210m, eventually....)

Last edited by newfvgffm; September 13th, 2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Forgot one project
newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #302
FFM2007
Ah Goin Ma?

Likes (Received): 0

btw you forgot the 150+ m project next to the Japan-Center, former known as "Kaiserkarree"
FFM2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #303
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

yes u are right, thankyou!
newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #304
cSc
Home Alone

Likes (Received): 2

Nice Pics, Justme!

The new towers - T185, Grand Hyatt and Bahntower - will all appear ouside the left margin of your pics, but with a very massive density. Can't see the objections of some members against this location. In many views it will be a real addition to Frankfurts skyline.

Another huge project hasn't been mentioned so far in the international part of this forum. There is still some fuzz around it, but I have no doubt that it will be built as there are reated about 4800 almost new jobs and other benefits for the city of Frankfurt, and, the investor - DG Bank - really wants to start asap.

When looking Justme's pics and newfvgffm list it popped up immediatly as it would fill perfectly the gap between the two DG Bank towers (City HH and Westendstr. 1). It would be the third tower tower for DG Bank at their ground, targeted height is 230 Meters. The bank wants to concentrate jobs from all over the country in addition to a lot of new jobs in order to increase their business activities. The Union Invest Tower - illuminated blue in the last pic - will then be converted to a residential only.
cSc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #305
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

230m for DG Bank? I wonder if this one gets approved ..
Old September 14th, 2008, 02:19 AM   #306
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
we can't do more than hope
Skyline.Fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #307
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6535

yeh, i bet they'll build their tower with 230m
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 02:46 PM   #308
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
yeh, i bet they'll build their tower with 230m
what does you make so confident?
Skyline.Fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #309
cSc
Home Alone

Likes (Received): 2

It is hard to say, what will come out.

When this location was requested for the masterplan, the above details where not told. Everybody was assuming a trick to save a potential place in the plan and to increase the grounds value, especially as DG Bank came with their request in the very last minute. Nobody expected the tower being build in near future and certainly not for own use. So it was rejected for the master plan. Also there were objections in terms of the towers shadow thrown on the city district behind.

After that DG Bank unveiled above plans, Mckler made a first mass study and also it was examinated that the shadow would only affected something like 36-40 residential buildings for about 20 minutes a day. The huge number of new working places and also some other goodies as a lot of new appartments should be a very good argument and give a new view on this project. Not forgetting the additional taxes for the city, they will compensate twice those lost for Deutsche Brse moved out to Eschborn. And of course 230 Meters are not a lot compared to the space needed for 4800 employees.

So this is what makes me a bit confident... Let's keep fingers crossed!
cSc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #310
HD
같같같같같같

DG Bank should offer something more than just jobs ...

the opposition of the green party against the 210m bahn tower at the central station fell after it was agreed to create a new park in the eastern harbour ...
Old September 15th, 2008, 03:00 AM   #311
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

Likes (Received): 5168

they offered much more then "just" thousands of jobs(which would otherwise go to eschborn or somewhere else..) 10.000sqm appartements and a kindergarden in the basement of the highrise+ 15.000sqm in the union tower, plus extension of the bettinastreet to the mainzerlandstrae.
against this stands: 36 to 40 buildings that would be shadowed for about 20minutes at a time during 11am to 15pm in autumn and spring.
this should be a clear thing to go..
derUlukai está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 04:43 AM   #312
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4206

I am very positive that they will finally allow this tower. 4000 jobs are very important. Especially in the light of the Commerzbank/Dresdner Bank fusion which might involve massive job cuts. Furthermore, low tax Eschborn is just around the corner (thank you Eschborn for giving Frankfurt's politicians some pressure).

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #313
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
It has already been rejected!
Skyline_FFM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #314
HD
같같같같같같

Quote:
Originally Posted by derUlukai View Post
they offered much more then "just" thousands of jobs(which would otherwise go to eschborn or somewhere else..) 10.000sqm appartements and a kindergarden in the basement of the highrise+ 15.000sqm in the union tower, plus extension of the bettinastreet to the mainzerlandstrae.
against this stands: 36 to 40 buildings that would be shadowed for about 20minutes at a time during 11am to 15pm in autumn and spring.
this should be a clear thing to go..
offering appartments isn't something special - every developer is offering appartments, because it's a requirement. the only real gift and opportunity is the extension of bettinastrasse, but is it really as attractive as a park or a bus terminal ...
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #315
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
offering appartments isn't something special - every developer is offering appartments, because it's a requirement. the only real gift and opportunity is the extension of bettinastrasse, but is it really as attractive as a park or a bus terminal ...
It is a big deal for Frankfurt. Inner city apartments is something this city still lacks. Most highrises in the city are office space only. For this reason the city becomes rather dead once the shops close. It has taken a while for Frankfurt to catch up with the rest of the world and start putting apartments in new highrise developments.
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #316
HD
같같같같같같

the thing is ... these appartments won't get built in the city center and certainly not as part of the tower itself. the developer is required to provide appartments somewhere in the area - in the case of DG Bank there are plans to provide them in the converted Union Investment Tower - but that's not certain yet. they're probably going to be built in the european quarter instead ...
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #317
Justme
Gotta lite?

That's a pity and then quite pointless. Although the Union Investment tower would be considered inner city, it's too fat to be functional apartments. The inner sections or rooms would be too far from the windows for natural light.
Old September 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #318
HD
같같같같같같

every little attempt to establish highrise living in frankfurt has been extinguished quickly - mainly because the investors earn more with office space, but also due to regulations and recently due to issues with overshadowing and ... protection of views of rich people living in highrise appartments (!) - the two appartment towers at the site of the turm palast cinema have been cut to a single one - the height was cut too. official reason: they didn't want to obstruct the skyline views from the neighouring skylight residential tower (lol) ...
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #319
Justme
Gotta lite?

That's amazing stuff. When you say the two apartment towers at the site of the turm palast, do you mean they will demolish the turm palast, or will it be next to it?
Old September 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #320
HD
같같같같같같

the lease for turm palast expires in 2010 - the entire block is set for redevelopment. the residential tower will be built opposite the skylight tower. I don't know what will replace the turm palast - probably something similar to the new MAB development across the street at the former Frankfurter Rundschau site.

Tags
frankfurt, frankfurt projects