daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 16th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #321
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

HD and Justme,
here is a nice plan for the development of the turmpalast areal:

http://happarchitecture.de/projekte.htm
newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:12 AM   #322
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
every little attempt to establish highrise living in frankfurt has been extinguished quickly - mainly because the investors earn more with office space, but also due to regulations and recently due to issues with overshadowing and ... protection of views of rich people living in highrise appartments (!) - the two appartment towers at the site of the turm palast cinema have been cut to a single one - the height was cut too. official reason: they didn't want to obstruct the skyline views from the neighouring skylight residential tower (lol) ...
Partly understandable from the perspective of the apartment owners. Uninterrupted skyline view is probably worth 50,000 - 100,000 EUR. Constructing a new apartment tower directly in front of another would mean a large decrease in property value.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #323
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

Likes (Received): 5163

i found also a render of the rejected 60m residential highrise next to the main-river. don`t think we will miss this one..

derUlukai está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:24 AM   #324
goschio
proud Kuffar

^
hell no, looks quite ugly IMO.

They should have build some residential highrises at the Deutschehrnufer and next to ECB. The little solitaires were sold out in no time with the upper apartments sold first. A missed opportunity IMO.

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #325
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
^
hell no, looks quite ugly IMO.

They should have build some residential highrises at the Deutschehrnufer and next to ECB. The little solitaires were sold out in no time with the upper apartments sold first. A missed opportunity IMO.
That is true. But after the failure of Main Plaza, where only the penthouse was sold, investors became much more careful about highrise apartment investment. Main Plaza has become a hotel, thus was saved from becoming a ruin...
This is also one of the reasons why the 56-storey residential tower on Neue Mainzer Straße wasn't built yet.
And honstely: I would not buy a highrise apartment either. I prefer a house in the outskirts thus I am one of those guilty of innercity vacuum creation.
Skyline_FFM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #326
cSc
Home Alone

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Skyline_FFM: This is also one of the reasons why the 56-storey residential tower on Neue Mainzer Straße wasn't built yet.
It was just an idea to make it residential. It was always planned as an office and is not yet built for other reasons. Would be a waste of money to make it residential in the district with the highest rents for office space.

Quote:
Skyline_FFM: It has already been rejected!
Campanile/Bahntower was also rejected...

Quote:
HD: DG Bank should offer something more than just jobs ...

the opposition of the green party against the 210m bahn tower at the central station fell after it was agreed to create a new park in the eastern harbour ...
This is what is put forward for publicity. In this newspaper article (only in German) it was said by spokesmen of conservative and green party responsible for this area that the main reason for approving the Bahntower was to keep the working places within the city. If necessary you will always find something like a park.
The lowest figures for the loss of excise taxes (which is in relation to the employees) through the move of 1900 working places of Deutsche Boerse outside of the city was 50 Mio Euros, which already were a real pain for Frankfurt. And here it is not just to keep the working places, even if there are only 3800 new working places created... the magistration would conduct grossly negligent not to take the chance. Eschborn isn't too far away.

And of course, I could be completly wrong.

Last edited by cSc; September 16th, 2008 at 12:47 PM.
cSc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #327
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Partly understandable from the perspective of the apartment owners. Uninterrupted skyline view is probably worth 50,000 - 100,000 EUR. Constructing a new apartment tower directly in front of another would mean a large decrease in property value.
No excuse really. Whether you live in a highrise downtown apartment in Sydney, Chicago, New York, Hong Kong or pretty much anywhere else in the world, other highrises go up and change the view. This is life. I have never heard of a city blocking future downtown highrise apartments because of some people who live in existing ones complained.
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #328
Justme
Gotta lite?

Thanks HD newfvgffm for the info on the turmpalast site. I checked the link and they did mention "entertainment" as well for the site, so I am wondering if that means a rebuilt of the cinema complex.

Although I will not be sad to see the turmpalast demolished, it is afterall a completely hideous kino complex. Actually, I've been to better ones in undeveloped countries, but it is the only place outside of the odd arthouse cinema will you can get original movies in Frankfurt. If it is being rebuilt, I wonder if the other cinema's will take up the slack and show original films or if there will simply be a glut in Frankfurt.
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:10 PM   #329
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_FFM View Post
That is true. But after the failure of Main Plaza, where only the penthouse was sold, investors became much more careful about highrise apartment investment. Main Plaza has become a hotel, thus was saved from becoming a ruin...
This is also one of the reasons why the 56-storey residential tower on Neue Mainzer Straße wasn't built yet.
And honstely: I would not buy a highrise apartment either. I prefer a house in the outskirts thus I am one of those guilty of innercity vacuum creation.
The single reason the Main Plaza failed was lack of balcony's. No one, and I mean absolutely no one would want to live in a highrise apartment without any balcony's, especially one with the pricetags that those apartments had. The Penthouse had balcony's and it sold. The majority of apartments didn't.

I looked at buying there myself but was turned off completely when I realized you had no outside space.
Old September 17th, 2008, 04:58 AM   #330
goschio
proud Kuffar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme View Post
No excuse really. Whether you live in a highrise downtown apartment in Sydney, Chicago, New York, Hong Kong or pretty much anywhere else in the world, other highrises go up and change the view. This is life. I have never heard of a city blocking future downtown highrise apartments because of some people who live in existing ones complained.
I don't know the legal situation here. But the plans to construct more highrises in that area are relative recent. It is possible that the contract of the skylight apartments included aspects of uninterrupted skyline view based on the older highrise master plan.

I can imagine that the apartment owners of the skylight would have sued the city or any developer if they really planned to destroy their view. But that's just an assumption.

Old September 18th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #331
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
I don't know the legal situation here. But the plans to construct more highrises in that area are relative recent. It is possible that the contract of the skylight apartments included aspects of uninterrupted skyline view based on the older highrise master plan.

I can imagine that the apartment owners of the skylight would have sued the city or any developer if they really planned to destroy their view. But that's just an assumption.
How can a company of person created a contract that affects an entire downtown? That simply can't be done.
Old September 18th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #332
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 906

I also doubt such an arrangement is possible. even if the projects gets cut by one tower, the second tower will still cover the skyline view partially.
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #333
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 906

some news

the start of the new Europaviertel West (European Quarter West) has been announced recently - the western extension of the europaviertel development will become home to 3000 people and will hold approx. 10000 working places. the development includes a couple of midrise/highrise buildings.

some views:

more infos here:
http://www.aurelis-real-estate.de/de/
http://www.boulevard-west.de
http://www.boulevard-mitte.de
http://www.helenenhoefe.de
http://www.in-den-stadtgaerten.de
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #334
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

nice compilation, it is an huge area if u look at it with the whole Europa Boulevard Area.
Amazing:

Big:
http://www.bilder-space.de/show.php?...hsjcqNMmCI.jpg
newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #335
Joka

Likes (Received): 1859

I love those kinds of plans, an urban canyon! The buildings around Europa Garden comes off as a bit suburban though, crank up the density.

What's in that location at the moment by the way?
Old September 25th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #336
Justme
Gotta lite?

Hmmm, more bland rectangular block apartments. Is this the only type of new apartment building allowed in Frankfurt these days? It seems they are all like this now.

Otherwise it's ok. I like the larger plan posted by newfvgffm. What's the park like area around the UEC?

Any further details on this first stage? When they will start etc?
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:38 AM   #337
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

Likes (Received): 5163

the parklike area around uec is in fact the uec roofgarden as also noted on the map. i dont think there`s a complete timetable of the project yet, they just started marketing (aurelis doesn`t build it on its own) and maybe we can see some first buildings going up next year.. but imho there`s way too much office-space so we will have to wait some time until the gaps are filled. i also think the townhouses shouldn`t all get the same height as it looks way of suburban as already mentioned. architecture surely isn`t final yet, so we will hopefully see some better designs then on this renders..
derUlukai está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:54 AM   #338
thaproducer
Esta es mi ciudad...

Likes (Received): 700

i like to much Frankfurt. very modern!! great city.
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #339
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme View Post
Hmmm, more bland rectangular block apartments. Is this the only type of new apartment building allowed in Frankfurt these days? It seems they are all like this now.

Otherwise it's ok. I like the larger plan posted by newfvgffm. What's the park like area around the UEC?

Any further details on this first stage? When they will start etc?
UEC is called Skyline Plaza now and will be built with the Grand Hyatt Frankfurt (the 160m tower), a 5+ stars hotel, one of four of this category in Germany. Tower One, the 200m one is still being marketed by Vivico and Aurelis. A bid for construction has already been made at the city hall. Millennium Tower can only be built after completion of the Skyline Plaza, means after 2011...
Skyline_FFM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #340
goschio
proud Kuffar

Don't think this is the final architecture. Just a concept. Hope it gets a little bit more sophisticated. The era of boxes is coming to an end.
Furthermore, for my taste there is too little residential and too much office space. Why only 3000 residents but 10,000 office jobs?

Tags
frankfurt, frankfurt projects