daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2010, 07:49 AM   #641
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4258

@ old diamond exchange

Not bad but not excellent. Probably the most you could get out of the old diamond exchange building. And more residential in the inner city is always good. Pretty sure the apartments will sell quite rapidly.

Thats how it looks today:

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:47 PM   #642
goschio
proud Kuffar

Renovation of Zeilgallerie makes progress. First sample of new animated LED facade installed.

http://www.zeilgalerie.com/home.php

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 12:50 PM   #643
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 780

Any chance of interior renovation as well? Maybe some internal link to MyZeil would be possible.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:03 PM   #644
goschio
proud Kuffar

^
unfortunately no link to myzeil but the interior will be renovated. The new style will be very white.

(there is a showroom at zeilgallerie).
http://www.zeilgalerie.com/news.php

Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM   #645
Justme
Gotta lite?

Thanks Goschio, I'm going to pop in next week and check the showroom out. I like the white look from that photo, as the current interior is quite dated.

Only a pity no links to MyZeil. It would benefit both malls as cross traffic can only be a good thing for either.

I do hope they plan a better set of lifts to the top of the Zeil Galerie. The current lifts are as good as useless, and the "designed" method of using the escalators clearly doesn't work as shown by the struggling shops at the top. Their best bet would be a single escalator to the top as with MyZeil and that would encourage more people to go up.

I'll check out next week what their plans really are.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:31 AM   #646
vlaDyka

Likes (Received): 189

A little bit stupid question, but ...is anybody here who takes (any) photos of toilets's interior design in MyZeil ? I was so "busy" with galleries ...and I forgot capture "design-work" in these rooms....
thx
vlaDyka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #647
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by goschio View Post
^
unfortunately no link to myzeil but the interior will be renovated. The new style will be very white.

(there is a showroom at zeilgallerie).
http://www.zeilgalerie.com/news.php
White?! With the kind of people I always see in the Zeilgalerie, white is surely the most impropriate colour (or non-colour) since it is way to sensible. It will turn out to be shabby and dirty after just a few months.
Maybe after the renovation it will attract another kind of people, but I doubt that the quality of visitors and customers will improve. What a waste of money!
Old August 5th, 2010, 12:17 AM   #648
Averypavery

Likes (Received): 0

when will the renovation be completed?
Thanks much!!!
Averypavery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #649
goschio
proud Kuffar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_FFM View Post
White?! With the kind of people I always see in the Zeilgalerie, white is surely the most impropriate colour (or non-colour) since it is way to sensible. It will turn out to be shabby and dirty after just a few months.
Maybe after the renovation it will attract another kind of people, but I doubt that the quality of visitors and customers will improve. What a waste of money!

What kind of people do you see in the zeilgallerie? Are these people more dirty than others? Would be interesting to know. Last time I have been there, the people where quite normal with clean clothes.

Last edited by goschio; August 6th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old August 8th, 2010, 03:50 AM   #650
goschio
proud Kuffar

Meritius Hotel Frankfurt is UC

5 star hotel located directly at the horse racing track and inner city golf course in Frankfurt. Its chinese style architecture and services should mainly attract chinese tourists and chinese business people.

construction period: 2010-2011 (probably 2012)
developer: Huarong–Group, Beijing
operator: Meritus Hotels und Resorts, Singapore
architect: Lindner Architekten Düsseldorf

source: http://www.lindner-architekten.de/aktuelles.php?page=1

area:

construction webcam:
http://www.paragon-apartments.de/index.php?id=panorama

Last edited by goschio; August 8th, 2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:16 PM   #651
goschio
proud Kuffar

Some projects that might start soon:

Ostend:

New office building Danziger Platz.

Dockland offices:

Gateway Gardens:
new office park near airport
Alpha Rotex
15 levels
22.331 m² office space

Vertex office

source: http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...26tbs%3Disch:1

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #652
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 917

thanks for the pics.

this one has been replaced with two other buildings though - and it's already under construction.

HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #653
goschio
proud Kuffar

^
Don't think that has been replaced. You still see the office building in the background of that Globetrotter render. For me it look like both buildings will be next to eachother.

Last edited by goschio; August 20th, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old August 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #654
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

if you look closely you see that the office building you posted stands between the ostbahnhof and hanauer landstrasse (on grusonstrasse). the corner of hanauer landstrasse is the location of the new globetrotter building, which is already under construction. the office building was cut in half and the design was changed slightly. the globetrotter building now replaces half of the proposed building. the office buildings are named after danziger platz, but are located on grusonstrasse.

bit more news:

the triton gets a revamp. dutch ivg wants to deliver in 2012.

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #655
goschio
proud Kuffar

Quote:
if you look closely you see that the office building you posted stands between the ostbahnhof and hanauer landstrasse (on grusonstrasse). the corner of hanauer landstrasse is the location of the new globetrotter building, which is already under construction. the office building was cut in half and the design was changed slightly. the globetrotter building now replaces half of the proposed building. the office buildings are named after danziger platz, but are located on grusonstrasse.
Yes, you are right. Don't mind really. Less office space but more retail. Actually good for the area.

That Triton renovation looks good. Even a roof terrace and a restaurant. Very nice.

Old August 20th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #656
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

yeah, I don't mind either. together with the mainsquare development and the old firestation development this area could become a new shopping cluster.

changes have been made to other projects too.

the wonderful occidens (under construction) has been enlarged significantly, which resulted in a new, less striking design

old

new

it is quite elegant, but somehow too massive (imo). well, atleast the parking/delivery door has disappeared in the new design.
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #657
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

Likes (Received): 5334

westendgate reclad, pic taken yesterday
derUlukai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 01:59 AM   #658
goschio
proud Kuffar

Eschborn Waves:

Offcie space: 21.570 qm
Architects: KSP ENGEL UND ZIMMERMANN GmbH

Current status: site preparation
Construction start: 2011
Project finished: 2013
http://www.eschborn-waves.info/

Old August 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM   #659
Justme
Gotta lite?

My wife was telling me today that she heard from someone that there were new plans for the u-bahn expansion in Frankfurt. Has anyone heard of this? I tried searching for such plans, but nothing more than an old expansion out to Hanau which has been languishing for years.
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #660
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

the only u-bahn expansion, which is currently going on is the U8/U9 line in the north of the city (riedberg). the other u-bahn expansion, which is bound to happen in the foreseeable future is the U5 extension to the europaviertel area.

a friend of mine sent me pictures of a new project at taunusanlage 8, which was mentioned here a few pages ago. on tuesday there was a presentation of the final version. the height of the last office floor is around 60m. the roof height is a few meters above that mark though (around 67m). it has 18 floors, 35,000 sq m of office space. the developer (credit suisse) will also simultaneously convert a huge historic office building on weserstrasse 33 (two blocks away) into apartments (around 46, with 4,600 sq m of habitable space), as compensation for the new office space in the tower (by law developers must provide inner city living when building high rise offices).

the developer confirmed that demolition of the existing buildings will start in january 2011, which means that construction will start in spring 2011 (by law the developer must start construction after demolition right away). the date of completion is end of 2012/beginning of 2013.

a few pics (of the billboard presentation) - the initial design has been changed a bit.

Tags
frankfurt, frankfurt projects