daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #661
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

new masterplan for the inner city

the inner city of frankfurt might undergo considerable changes in the next few years, according to a new masterplan for the inner city (that's the area inside the half-circle parkland around the old town. the inner city is the eastern half of the downtown area.)

the mains points are:
- the main east-west axis, the berliner strasse, will become a one way road (east-west)
- the other east-west axis, the northern embankment, will also become a one way road (west-east)
- the one way system will help to reduce the width of both roads, allowing more space for pedestrians, bikes and greenery
- both roads will become tree lined boulevards, with many pedestrians crossings to allow better north-south access and better access to the river.
- buildings along main roads will get more retail space, which often requires the movement of residential space away from the ground floors
- new residential units will be created by adding floors to existing buildings
- around 10 new residential "highrise" buildings of up to 35m height will provide the desired densification
- the overall goal is to remove the existing barriers (wide roads) between the main shopping area (neustadt/new town), the old town (altstadt), and the river and to create many new north-south ways and to create much needed residential space in the inner city through densification and higher buildings.

this and the currently undergoing refurbishment of the old town (demolition of a monstrous 3-tower brutalist complex from the 60s and reconstruction of parts of the former old town on that site), plus the countless redevelopment projects in adjacent areas, like the huge maintor development (incl.3 new towers), the turmpalast redevelopment or the frankfurter rundschau redevelopment, will change the inner city completely. there is no corner in the area that will remain unchanged. more than half of all buildings are going to be demolished , replaced, reconstructed, or expanded.
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #662
takashi48

Likes (Received): 29

Great news concerning Weserstr. 33!
I always wondered what's up with this building, it seemed vacant because you never saw anyone entering or leaving. i think it's just used as parking of the nearby Ramada hotel.
Together with the other historic building being renovated right next to it on the corner of weser and kaiserstrasse that shows the positive trend of returning (upscale) residential space to the Bahnhofsviertel.
However the facade towards Elbestrasse is right next to a facility catering to drug addicts and imho they won't be a pleasant sight for future residents.
takashi48 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #663
Justme
Gotta lite?

Likes (Received): 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD View Post
the inner city of frankfurt might undergo considerable changes in the next few years, according to a new masterplan for the inner city (that's the area inside the half-circle parkland around the old town. the inner city is the eastern half of the downtown area.)

the mains points are:
- the main east-west axis, the berliner strasse, will become a one way road (east-west)
- the other east-west axis, the northern embankment, will also become a one way road (west-east)
- the one way system will help to reduce the width of both roads, allowing more space for pedestrians, bikes and greenery
- both roads will become tree lined boulevards, with many pedestrians crossings to allow better north-south access and better access to the river.
- buildings along main roads will get more retail space, which often requires the movement of residential space away from the ground floors
- new residential units will be created by adding floors to existing buildings
- around 10 new residential "highrise" buildings of up to 35m height will provide the desired densification
- the overall goal is to remove the existing barriers (wide roads) between the main shopping area (neustadt/new town), the old town (altstadt), and the river and to create many new north-south ways and to create much needed residential space in the inner city through densification and higher buildings.
Generally I quite like the ideas here. The only sad part for me is that if they refurbish some of the ugly apartments on these streets then they will last for longer. Most are horrible, cheap, post war apartments which should have been knocked down years ago. But increasing density is a very good thing. I would like to see a lot more modern, midrise or highrise apartments in the central city. Frankfurt, is quite unlike most European cities, and more like some of the infamous dead American cities which have dead downtowns. Frankfurt really needs more inner city residents.

Quote:
this and the currently undergoing refurbishment of the old town (demolition of a monstrous 3-tower brutalist complex from the 60s and reconstruction of parts of the former old town on that site), plus the countless redevelopment projects in adjacent areas, like the huge maintor development (incl.3 new towers), the turmpalast redevelopment or the frankfurter rundschau redevelopment, will change the inner city completely. there is no corner in the area that will remain unchanged. more than half of all buildings are going to be demolished , replaced, reconstructed, or expanded.
I've been trying to find out what the plans are for the Turmpalast area but never have. Do you know what is actually planned?
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #664
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
the only u-bahn expansion, which is currently going on is the U8/U9 line in the north of the city (riedberg). the other u-bahn expansion, which is bound to happen in the foreseeable future is the U5 extension to the europaviertel area.
Now that's cheeky. Two new stops and they give them whole new line status ;O)
Old October 16th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #665
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4202

New visualisation of the Hansa Hfe residential project:

architect: Landes & Partner
construction start: september 2010

source: http://www.landes-partner.de/46-0-Ha...l?referrerId=7

New renders of Diamantenboerse residential project:

The Maison 43. Will replace and old residential building directly at the main river front.
architect: Prof. Christoph Mckler Architekten
construction status: demolition of old building should start soon.

http://www.maison43.de/maison43.html
Existing building will be replaced.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Last edited by goschio; October 16th, 2010 at 07:09 AM.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #666
urbane

Likes (Received): 82

I Understand the desire by the residents for privacy, but that wall is hideous.
urbane no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #667
Justme
Gotta lite?

This is germany, it's probably an anti Google Street View wall
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:42 PM   #668
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

There is a law which states that a developer must start construction of a new building immediately after demolition of an old building.

There is also a law which states that a developer must provide inner city residential sace when building high rise office buildings.

Are there any other cities which have the same laws or laws that are similar to those?

Also, what does the old Weserstrasse 33 building look like?

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 02:30 PM   #669
HD
같같같같같같

new project at the airport:

the propeller

- 3 interconnected towers
- 17 floors
- 41,000 sq metres

Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM   #670
Justme
Gotta lite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
There is a law which states that a developer must start construction of a new building immediately after demolition of an old building.

There is also a law which states that a developer must provide inner city residential sace when building high rise office buildings.

Are there any other cities which have the same laws or laws that are similar to those?

Also, what does the old Weserstrasse 33 building look like?
Are you sure of that point above in bold? A friend of mine is the CEO/Owner of one of largest architectual firms in Frankfurt and has designed and built a number of the highrises here. He has told me on more than one occasion of the frustration in convincing his clients to include apartments and mix-use tenants in Frankfurt skyscrapers. His companies designs always tries to include apartments, but most of his clients in German cities, especially Frankfurt, reject this and demand only offices as they believe it generates greater revenue. They don't seem to have a law enforcing them.

Regarding the last question, I do remember when I lived in New Zealand that there was a policy in the city of Wellington that insisted if a construction site in the downtown area couldn't be started immediately, they had to first build it into a park, until construction began. There were a few nice pocket parks at the time because of this rule. I don't think it was New Zealand wide though, as Auckland was (and still is) full of car parks and holes in the ground. And I don't know if the law still exists in Wellington - that was 20years ago.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM   #671
HD
같같같같같같

the law doesn't say you have to include the residential units in the skyscraper itself. it allows you to build it somewhere in the vicinity, which is the case with all new developments (and was the case in the recent past).

the developer of the tanusturm is going for a separate small residential tower right next to the office tower, the developer of the credit suisse tower is converting an office building two blocks away into a residential, the developer of the maintor development is providing several residential buildings on site beside the 3 office towers - just to name a few of the future projects.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM   #672
HD
같같같같같같

mainsquare development

it appears that the plans for the mainsquare development have changed (mainsquare is located right next to the future ecb tower):
- the foreign language cinema is going to move to mainsquare
- also a new boarding house is planned now
- in addition to the shopping center and offices, residential units are planned again (after being dropped previously). the last masterplan allowed 3 residential buildings of up to 50m height. I wonder, if the developer is going to return to old plans.
- date of completion is 2013/2014
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:36 PM   #673
HD
같같같같같같

the squaire

the official website of the squaire development (u/c) has some new information:

the squaire (formerly known as the airrail center) is a mixed use development at the frankfurt airport:

- location is near terminal 1
- build above a train station (inter city express halt)
- 660m long, 65 m wide, 45 m tall
- 9 floors (11 floors including train station)
- 140,000 sq metres
- 2 x hilton hotels (1 x hilton airport, 1 x hilton garden inn)
- HQ of KPMG
- HQ of Nemak
- IVG offices
- medical center
- retail and gastronomy

pics:

1. overview

5. almost completed

8. interior

you can also find new information about more tenants here:

11. level 03

12. level 05
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM   #674
HD
같같같같같같

the squaire parking

preparation work for the squaire parking began a few days ago

the squaire parking:

- connected with the squaire with the skylink (automatic people mover, or mini-metro)
- 9 levels
- 2,500 parking spaces

renderings:

1. location of the squaire parking - as seen from the squaire

4. skylink between the squaire and the squaire parking

5. skylink

6. car entrance
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #675
HD
같같같같같같

some news

1. ING Diba is renting 40,000 sq m (431,000 sq ft) of office space at the location of the poseidon complex.

- the existing 17 floors and 8 floors buildings get a reconstruction
- a third building, also with 17 floors, will be added to the existing complex
- date of completion is 2013

rendering:

2. the new 35,000 sq m (377,000 sq ft) 18 floors development of Credit Suisse is moving forward as planned.
- construction starts spring 2011
- date of completion is end of 2013

rendering:

3. the developer of the maintor development (1 x 112m building, 2 x 64m buildings, 1 x 46m building, a couple of residential buildings) has confirmed that the development of the site will commence with the maintor panorama building.

rendering:

4. it seems my source was right: looks like tishman speyer will resume the preparation work for their taunusturn development soon (1 x 160m office building, 1 x 60m residential building). an official presentation of the project is set for mid january.

rendering (preliminary):

5. it has been confirmed that construction of the long awaited skyline plaza is due to start soon

rendering (vivico):

Old January 6th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #676
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57993

Some great news. Thanks HD! Talking about Skyline Plaza - what about the hotel? Are they going to build both at the same time?

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:56 AM   #677
o0ink
Alpen-Hschen der Zukunft

Likes (Received): 1295

really good news, thanks. But I hope so much that the Taunusturm gets more than 200 m high but this probably would be too beautiful anyway to be true, or perhaps not? We will hopefully see it in the middle of January!

Are there any more places at the main cluster, where 200m+ skyscrapers could be built at the moment?
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:04 AM   #678
zakkir
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

thats all looked great.. thank you.
zakkir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #679
HD
같같같같같같

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0ink View Post
really good news, thanks. But I hope so much that the Taunusturm gets more than 200 m high but this probably would be too beautiful anyway to be true, or perhaps not? We will hopefully see it in the middle of January!

Are there any more places at the main cluster, where 200m+ skyscrapers could be built at the moment?
there is no reason to believe taunusturm will be higher than 160m. there are several potential 200m+ projects in the city, but I it is unlikely anyone would want to built a tower like that without securing an anchor tenant first.
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #680
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

hey HD, nice compilation, but u forgot one important project, the mainsqare shopping center close to the new ECB Headquarters...later when the center is finished also some apartement blocks or offices/hotel up to 50m height will be built.
Here a new render of the shopping center with a cinema complex inside aswell.
Construction will begin in spring 2011, in the background u can see the ECB Double tower

Pic by B&L
newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
frankfurt, frankfurt projects