daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:12 PM   #781
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Likes (Received): 22432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpia-Serdica View Post
Stdel Museum / Schneider + Schumacher
we had bad luck with this one. used to be a beautiful garden, before the teletubbie world came...
il fenomeno no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:01 PM   #782
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Reminds me of S21.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:16 PM   #783
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

Likes (Received): 5164

there would be no garden anymore if the expansion of the museum would not have been built beneath it.. still the teletubbyland style looks quite strange.
derUlukai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #784
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Likes (Received): 22432

they could have build a 100% underground expansion, with no windows at all. the portholes are just for the architect to show off "look, i've build something extraordinary here".

Last edited by il fenomeno; September 4th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
il fenomeno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #785
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4205

But these holes are nice, no?

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #786
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

construction of a 19floor residential tower on the western edge of the europaviertel - called Westside Towers - will start in spring 2013. the tower will consist of 230 flats for rent and commercial use at the ground floor. volume of investment is 65mio euro, planned date of completion is the 2nd quarter of 2015.
at the moment there is a competition for design of the facade going on, so the cladding on the following renderings is not final yet.

(c)Revitalis Real Estate / Vivum

(c)aurelis Real Estate / Revitalis Real Estate / Vivum

looks like nearly all residential towers of the europaviertel will be under construction next year
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #787
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 58029

Residential highrise boom in Germany!

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #788
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Residential highrise boom in Germany!
just for germany . compared to the rest of the world it's not really a boom
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #789
erbse
LIBERTINED

Even in Europe, it's a development we can only embrace. Nevertheless, all this is purely driven by demand - which is even more amazing, for one of the best developed countries in the world and even Europe.

Old September 6th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #790
goschio
proud Kuffar

Wow, awesome. Hope more residential highrises will pop up in the city center to dense the skyline. Right now the skyline consist of about 100% commercial highrises. So there is some potential.

And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #791
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

just made a small compendium about planned residential towers of the europaviertel

Old September 6th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #792
erbse
LIBERTINED

Great projects, looking forward to see this quarter evolving into a lively new part of FFM!

Old September 10th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #793
HD

Likes (Received): 906

Quote:
Originally Posted by derUlukai View Post
one of the office towers is apparently having an anchor tenant lined up. unfortunately, I don't know which one. looks like there will be several towers going up simultaneously in the next 2 years in this area of town.
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #794
newfvgffm

Likes (Received): 537

great news HD, where did u get this information from? u also can PM me, i cannot PM you
newfvgffm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #795
Ulpia-Serdica
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7648

Quote:
Frankfurt offers glimpse of an idealised financial sector

For many in the banking industry, Germany's economic hub offers a refreshing change to London's macho bearpits

How is Frankfurt different from London as a financial centre? Over the past week I have tried to ask as many insiders across Frankfurt as possible. A picture emerges of a city where finance is simply a job, not an all-encompassing identity or a way of life.

Meanwhile, life in Frankfurt does appear almost offensively good. "When I first got here, I just couldn't believe how small it was," said a British recent arrival who worked in the City for years. "You think, this is Germany's or even Europe's financial centre. You assume it's very big. It really isn't."

As a city, Frankfurt is a tenth the size of London, and in spite of the skyscrapers, its financial sector is vastly smaller too.

A trader in his late 20s described dealing with a London trading floor: "I call and speak to Tom. Next time, someone else answers the phone, and next time, someone else again. These places are just huge."

Add to this the enormous turnover. "In Frankfurt you've got people who have been trading particular Pfandbriefe [bonds] for 25 years. That's what they do. In London, people are fired easily and hired easily. Frankfurt doesn't have that recruitment and headhunting culture." You have traders and dealmakers working in Frankfurt, obviously. But all the truly huge deals and trades are happening in London.

Another trader said: "In Frankfurt there simply aren't any 24-year-olds with a $10m bonus. You only need a few of those, and public opinion is affected by their excesses."

A pivotal event for the city came a few years ago when Deutsche Bank moved the headquarters for its investment bank with its bonus-heavy activities around financial markets and dealmaking to London. Several people in both London and Frankfurt claimed that if Deutsche Bank Frankfurt was "a family", London headquarters was like "a boxing ring".

Frankfurt gets filtered for testosterone, said one banker. "Genuinely ambitious Germans go to London. Meanwhile any expats who decide to settle down here do so for the quality of life." Indeed, walking around town and seeing German pedestrians wait before a red traffic light without a car in sight, it's hard to imagine a Master of the Universe setting up camp here. Insiders use terms such as sedate, steady and stable for Frankfurt.

Bankers in Frankfurt get paid significantly less, all the way up to the CEO, and they pay considerably more taxes. Meanwhile finance is far less controversial, it appears, and I did not find the sense of victimhood and siege mentality you see among quite a few bankers in London. "Finance in Frankfurt is more knitted into the wider fabric of the economy," said one financial analyst. "You have the fair, it's a transport nexus and they have some real industry here. Finance is less of an end in itself." And the sector holds less clout. "It's not like German bankers sit together and say: 'let's be modest'," the analyst said. "You have the same tendencies as in London. But German bankers operate in a different environment and the financial lobby gets less of what it wants."

And then there is the quality of life. A newcomer to London myself, I began to get slightly annoyed over the course of the week by the raving over Frankfurt's superb cultural offerings, its forests nearby, the massive yet peaceful beer and wine festivals along the river. Drinking is not about release here, several Brits said, so you don't get the English excesses. Frankfurt airport is the size of Heathrow but only 15 minutes by car from the city centre. The Hauptbahnhof is a hub for the superfast Ice trains.

The recently arrived Brit said: "Here I can ride my bike to work, or walk there in 20 relaxing minutes. Nobody in my office has lunch at their desks. The ones with kids live out of town in the Speckgurtel ("bacon belt"), and they need to drive maybe half an hour or so. Because the commute isn't such an epic struggle, people arrive at work in a different mindset. I imagine they must also come back to their families in a different mood."

The trader in his late 20s agrees. "London salaries and bonuses are much higher. But in Frankfurt your money goes further, even after the higher taxes. Housing is far cheaper, there are no crazy school fees, and we have subsidised daycare."

Sounding almost smug, he added: "I like to tell my boss, if you want to send me to London, you are going have to pay me four times as much."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...nancial-sector
Ulpia-Serdica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #796
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Nice article!

GO FRANKFURT!

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Frankfurt - Germany's ultimate skyline
Skyline.Fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #797
derUlukai
✪ ALPHA-KEVIN ✪

final design of the westside towers residential midrise has been unveiled today. msm meyer schmitz-morkramer architects won the competition.

(c) Revitalis Real Estate / msm meyer schmitz-morkramer / Vivum

Old September 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #798
Knuddel Knutsch

Likes (Received): 286

looks more like social housing from the 70s than state of the art premium residentials.... :-/ I dont know whats wrong with the germans....

Others would say: Return of the Commieblock....
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #799
erbse
LIBERTINED

It's not THAT bad, pal. But I agree there's something wrong with the impression of the facade. I hope it's stone or something equally proper, and not cheapish plastering or even worse, exposed concrete...

Old September 27th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #800
goschio
proud Kuffar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derUlukai View Post
final design of the westside towers residential midrise has been unveiled today. msm meyer schmitz-morkramer architects won the competition.

This looks nice. Nothing too fancy but solid.

Tags
frankfurt, frankfurt projects