daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Which proposal is the best
Design A 78 32.91%
Design B 6 2.53%
Design C 42 17.72%
Design D 95 40.08%
None of them 16 6.75%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 31st, 2007, 08:04 PM   #41
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkth View Post
This is the MOST FUNNIST reply that I've ever seen!!! But what you said "No history, no heritage, no politic, no nothing, but money. All we care about is $." are incorrect. In Fact, HK has at least 6000 years in human history! Also, NOT all the people just care $$$, they also care the others!
I was just being ironic. I know Hong Kong is more than just the colony era.

Quote:
I agree the GPO in Central has to be rebuild and much better to relocate because of the small size within the highest landprice place. The problem is that there is already another purpose of this land use.
What is the plan of current GPO site? Isn't it just office use?

But it is definitely easier to build a whole new complex than rebuild the GPO and try to fit all the offices and Legco in that piece of tiny land. I think one of the main reason of moving the CGC to Tamar is to move all the government office to one location which are in different buildings in Central and Admiralty now to make it easier for eveyone.

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2007, 10:28 PM   #42
Sexas
Whole Other Country

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricIsHim View Post
I was just being ironic. I know Hong Kong is more than just the colony era.

What is the plan of current GPO site? Isn't it just office use?

But it is definitely easier to build a whole new complex than rebuild the GPO and try to fit all the offices and Legco in that piece of tiny land. I think one of the main reason of moving the CGC to Tamar is to move all the government office to one location which are in different buildings in Central and Admiralty now to make it easier for eveyone.
It is very by city to city, city like Hong Kong, New York and London's government, everything is online and well connected with the whole world. It really no need and so old fashion to have so call "central goverment location", IMO I don't look at how great the city is by it's goverment HQ. If Hong Kong goverment HQ move to some cheaper location, it will show how smart and caring the goverment is by building a HQ cheaper, getting more s.q., also leave ppl more park space in CBD.

P.S. I will say build #2, what do the world think if HK most iconic building is the goverment HQ but not a result of an open & free market building....it sound like old USSR and China in the old day isn't it, when all the big building belong to the goverment....mmm

Last edited by Sexas; March 31st, 2007 at 10:33 PM.
Sexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 01:54 AM   #43
EricIsHim

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexas View Post
P.S. I will say build #2, what do the world think if HK most iconic ******** is the goverment HQ but not a result of an open & free market ********....it sound like old USSR and China in the old day isn't it, when all the big ******** belong to the goverment....mmm
You got this point wrong. The open space in front of the proposed government ******** doesn't serve the same funtcion as the squares in USSR or mainland China. It is to increase the way of life for Hong Konger. Hong Kong Island really needs more open and green space in the ***** area, something serves a function similar to the Central Park in *** ****. Even if Tamar isn't used for civil services, the waterfrond park and open space will still be there but not as part of the Tamar project.
Old April 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM   #44
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17817

The integration with the harbourfront beautification schemes is key. Hence, even if Tamar ends up with a few skyscrapers, and perhaps even a *********, it's OK as long as the waterfront promenade is unaffected across the ******. In fact, more people will make that area bustling come lunch time.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:51 PM   #45
hkth

Likes (Received): 25

RTHK news:
Lobby group calls for halting Tamar plans

--C'mon, Dr Kwok, please let the citizens to decide which one is the best!

Last edited by hkth; April 3rd, 2007 at 01:10 PM.
hkth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM   #46
deej

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hala View Post
Pictures of the exhibition by 久 地 遊 覽 (leomak)Design C
My biggest problem with Design C is the crooked buildings and what they represent. Do we want Hong Kong's government to be known as a crooked (ie dishonest) government?

Don't mind me. I had to pay salaries tax today, and it just hit me that some of my tax dollars are going to build one of these monuments...
deej no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 03:47 PM   #47
randolphan

Likes (Received): 5

Model A definitely should be built.
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #48
hala

Likes (Received): 4

My friend said design C is perfect for Adidas’ headquarter. Lol

hala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #49
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1377

I like D, it's very futuristic and huge
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #50
Aboveday

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
RTHK news:
Lobby group calls for halting Tamar plans

--C'mon, Dr Kwok, please let the citizens to decide which one is the best!
no worry,one single legislator can do nothing to halt the progress,the fund for the construction has already been allocated by the Legislative Council.
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM   #51
hkth

Likes (Received): 25

Gov't Press Release:
Tamar exhibition draws warm public response
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #52
White_soX

Likes (Received): 0

I like D, it looks like HK boat sail. Plus the ground looks good!
White_soX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #53
Aboveday

添馬凱旋門設計市民最愛 本報展覽場內問卷調查 (明報) 04月 02日 星期一 05:10AM

【明報專訊】凱旋門 、玻璃屋、幾何波浪、帆船珍珠,哪個添馬艦方案最得民心?本報在位於金鐘的添馬艦發展設計展覽進行的問卷調查顯示,「金門—協興聯營」的凱旋門式設計(設計A)最受歡迎;

但有逾兩成半受訪者認為展覽提供的資料不足,八成人認為必須提供用料、示威區位置、保安設施等資料。

有環保團體促請政府準備一份統一指標,要求各投標者列出通風評估、公眾使用休憩空間等資料,並應找來專業團體在場講解。

26%市民指資料不足

本報記者分別於前日及昨日,在展場內向特意到場參觀的市民做問卷調查,成功完成131個訪問。結果顯示,26.2%受訪者認為公開展覽提供的資料不足夠;八成受訪者認為必須提供用料、示威區位置等資料,亦有六成多受訪者認為必須提供保養及維修費用、能源效益等數據(詳見圖)。

對於未有披露保養維修費、能源效益等資料,行政署發言人說,各設計皆包含大量技術細節,按照既定招標程序,為確保投標過程公平公正,有關技術方面的詳情必須保密。發言人認為,是次公開展覽提供的資料,應足夠讓公眾就各方案的設計和美感因素發表意見。

環團倡設統一指標

身兼長春社理事的可持續發展公民議會主席黎廣德認為,調查結果明顯反映政府進行的公眾諮詢敷衍。公開展覽中,部分設計在高度、休憩空間、通風評估等資料含糊不清,甚至未有提供,他促請政府準備一份統一指標,要求各投標者列出通風評估、公眾使用休憩空間等資料,亦應找來專業團體,如建築師學會、工程師學會等人士幫助公眾解讀;並參考外國做法,透過舉辦公開論壇、設計工作坊,讓市民討論及優化設計。

近三成受訪者喜愛設計D

至於哪個設計方案最得民心?調查顯示,是以本地著名建築師嚴迅奇為代表的許李嚴建築師有限公司的設計A,以及曾參與美國世貿中心重建項目的建築師 Daniel Libeskind的設計D之爭。在建築外貌、改善景觀、綠化及環保、休憩用地等各方面,一面倒地由設計A領先,在各項都有四成多人支持。因此被問及最喜愛哪個設計時,近半受訪者最愛設計A,近三成選擇設計D。

貌似凱旋門的設計A,兩座政府大樓的頂部相連,拱門下有大片綠化草坡,貫穿海濱、政府總部大樓和金鐘地鐵 站,立法會 大樓像橢圓柱體。嚴迅奇是本港名建築師,得獎之作有近年設計的北京 道一號、廣州博物館。

添馬艦公開展覽上周三在金鐘政府合署舉行(至4月24日),「金門—協興聯營(設計A)」、「寶嘉華潤營造添馬艦聯營(設計B)」、「瑞安—保華聯營(設計C)」、「中國建築—禮頓—有利聯營(設計D)」4組投標商,在現場提供一套5分鐘的錄影帶、18塊展板及一個模型,但不設專人講解。

明報記者 張麗碧 朱嘉欣 賴月玲
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #54
Aboveday

Warm response to Tamar exhibition

An exhibition featuring design proposals submitted by the four tenderers for the Tamar Development Project has been warmly received by the community, the Administration Wing says.

The event attracted more than 5,700 visitors in the first week of its opening and more than 24,700 visitors have visited its dedicated website. So far, more than 3,400 comment cards have been received.

The wing called on people to visit the exhibition and give their views on the design and aesthetic aspects of the proposals.

The exhibition is currently being held at the Deck Level, High Block, Queensway Government Offices, Hong Kong, and will be open daily from 10am to 7pm during the Easter holidays.
Old April 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #55
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

I think D is the best in terms of the building's design BUT B is the best for landscaping.

The landscaping of each of the respective designs will be built as well? So in a sense, its no just the Government Complex but the landscaping of the reclamation that is tied into the proposals as well?
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #56
Aboveday

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_tung88 View Post
I think D is the best in terms of the building's design BUT B is the best for landscaping.

The landscaping of each of the respective designs will be built as well? So in a sense, its no just the Government Complex but the landscaping of the reclamation that is tied into the proposals as well?
The scope of the Contract of the Tamar Development Project includes the design and construction of a Central Government Complex, a Legislative Council Complex and an open space. The proposed designs shown in the exhibit materials for the Promenade Site are for reference only and do not form part of the Contract of the Tamar Development Project.
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:24 AM   #57
kelw

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboveday View Post
The scope of the Contract of the Tamar Development Project includes the design and construction of a Central Government Complex, a Legislative Council Complex and an open space. The proposed designs shown in the exhibit materials for the Promenade Site are for reference only and do not form part of the Contract of the Tamar Development Project.
So to clarify: this means the contract includes landscaping for the space in front of the complex, but not the reclaimed land along the harbour.
kelw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #58
Aboveday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelw View Post
So to clarify: this means the contract includes landscaping for the space in front of the complex, but not the reclaimed land along the harbour.
Correct.
Old April 8th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #59
gladisimo
If I could be anyone...

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hala View Post
My friend said design C is perfect for Adidas’ headquarter. Lol
now that you mention it, it kinda does.

RIP Dopey - 9/2005 - 20/2/2008
gladisimo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #60
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17817

I wonder if they can bring back the Foster canopy to the winning design.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote