daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #541
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

alright i decided i like the design x). It's epic and i hope it will rise~
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #542
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
p.s above rendering is just imaginary...I'm wait for the final design.......
So is this concept design by Renzo Piano? I mean will the final design be anything like the concept, or it still might be completely different?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #543
Aenelia

Likes (Received): 24

Article from the Chosun Ilbo

Quote:
World's Most Expensive Building Being Built in Yongsan
An artist's impression of the Yongsan Landmark Tower
Construction began Tuesday on the Yongsan Landmark Tower, which is expected to be the most expensive building in the world once it is completed, standing 100 stories tall and rising half a kilometer into the sky.

Scheduled to be built inside the international business district in Yongsan, the tower will not quite measure up to the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (162 stories, 828 m) or the Lotte Super Tower being built in Jamsil (123 stories, 555 m), but it will be the most expensive building per square unit.

At present, each 3.3 sq.m costs around W12.1 million (US$1=W1,167). The total construction cost is W1.4 trillion and the entire price tag for the building, including the land, stands at more than W4 trillion.

It is more expensive than the Burj Khalifa, which cost around W11.5 million per 3.3 sq.m and costs 40 percent more than the Samsung Group headquarters in Seocho-dong, which cost W8.5 million per 3.3 sq.m. Design alterations and the use of more high-tech materials could bump the price tag up further.

The skyscraper will be packed with cutting-edge equipment and facilities. The structure was designed by renowned architect Renzo Piano, who created the Pompidou Center in Paris and London Bridge Tower.

Samsung Corporation, which also served as the main contractor on the Burj Khalifa and Taipei 101 (101 stories, 508 m), the latter in Taiwan, will build the new architectural landmark in Yongsan.

It will house the offices of global businesses and will offer a wide range of high-tech functions. First of all, the skyscraper will be equipped with the fastest elevators in the world that travel at 800 meters per second, more than six times faster than the lifts installed in high-rise condominiums in Korea (120 m/s).

In order to withstand the staggering weight of 100 stories of steel and concrete, ultra-high intensity concrete will be used to build the skyscraper, capable of supporting up to 800 kg per sq.cm.

The tower is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2016. There is a less than 25 mm room for error in the building's actual height. To ensure that, GPS-based surveying technology using three satellites will be deployed.

A Seoul city official handling the construction said, "KORAIL purchased the right to the building last month for W4.16 trillion, but its price tag will rise to more than W5 trillion if it is resold."

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...101300820.html
Aenelia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #544
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

i just had a mind****, imagiune the last renders but try to figure out what it would look like without the veil O_O

Old October 14th, 2011, 02:53 AM   #545
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

More pic-Masterplan of Yongsan IBD

korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #546
Aenelia

Looks great, though I really loved the old Korean Silla-Crown design. It had some special meaning to it and linked modernity and tradition. Nowadays skyscrapers have just all impersonal design. Except some like Taipei 101 in bamboo shape which is really original.
Old October 14th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #547
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

roof seems to be only at about 400m-420m. at least on the last render if the spire reaches 500m. but still i love it.
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #548
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
So is this concept design by Renzo Piano? I mean will the final design be anything like the concept, or it still might be completely different?
As far as i know that imaginary rendering is just concept of IBD.
Renzo piano is going to finished final design untill November.
So might be completely different except hights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i just had a mind****, imagiune the last renders but try to figure out what it would look like without the veil O_O

Look so similar BTW i don't like veil

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #549
Aenelia

Well without veil the building would have no special feature that distinguish its design from another lambda skyscraper.
Old October 14th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #550
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Look so similar BTW i don't like veil
not only that, when the spire is about 70m which it looks like, then those buildings even have a similar height.
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #551
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
not only that, when the spire is about 70m which it looks like, then those buildings even have a similar height.
Reasonable analyze... Could you tell me what is name of left building? Located in China? Or europe?

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old October 14th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #552
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2622

That's the Guangzhou IFC.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #553
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
That's the Guangzhou IFC.
appreciated

Old October 14th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #554
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
As far as i know that imaginary rendering is just concept of IBD.
Renzo piano is going to finished final design untill November.
So might be completely different except hights.
I somehow felt it wasn't Renzo Piano kinda thing. So I for one hopes for much better final product of Renzo yet to come
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #555
inno4321

New traffic system of IBD

Bimodal : connect between IBD with Seoul park(same size of New york central park)

Tram : Inner side of IBD

Trolley : underground of IBD

Last edited by inno4321; October 17th, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old October 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #556
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Wait did I see the word trillion in the price tag. Man that's a look of money.
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #557
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Trillion won. It's sort of like the Japanese monetary numbering system, where both the won and yen are roughly equivalent in relative value to a penny (the smallest monetary unit), except the won is more like 1/10th of a penny. To put it more simply, just drop three zeros from the listed value in won, and two from the listed value in yen, to get USD. So trillion won=billion dollars and trillion yen=ten billion dollars, very roughly speaking.

Inno, is there going to be a new park in this development too? I don't remember anything like that in front of Namsan. It's so big!!!

Last edited by aquaticko; November 6th, 2011 at 10:58 PM.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #558
Jakub
3D

Is there any official website for the dream hub development with masterplan, infos, news etc?
Jakub está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #559
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Trillion won. It's sort of like the Japanese monetary numbering system, where both the won and yen are roughly equivalent in relative value to a penny (the smallest monetary unit), except the won is more like 1/10th of a penny. To put it more simply, just drop three zeros from the listed value in won, and two from the listed value in yen, to get USD. So trillion won=billion dollars and trillion yen=hundred billion dollars, very roughly speaking.

Inno, is there going to be a new park in this development too? I don't remember anything like that in front of Namsan. It's so big!!!

Seoul park is going to open until 2025. Park area is 2,430,000㎡(almost same size of New york central park. Half size of paris's all park total area)

Also around park area 8,950,000㎡ will be redevelopment by seoul goverment.(included IBDREAMHUB)
There will be 10 units 50 floors building(180,000㎡) around park.(another project from IBD)

Park will be have 6 different area

Ecological Spine Park

Heritage Garden Park

Gate park

Global Culture Park

Play Park

Productive Park

These 6 park direct connet to the IBD(DREAM HUB CITY)==>Han river==>Nodul opera House==>NAMSAN mountain ==> CBD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
Is there any official website for the dream hub development with masterplan, infos, news etc?

http://www.dreamhub21.com/eng/mainReal.asp

Last edited by inno4321; October 18th, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old October 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #560
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Man, Seoul is going to look totally different if all of this goes through. Keeping my fingers crossed!
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote