daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 20th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #561
rdykim

Likes (Received): 0

why did they reject daniel libeskind's design? his design had so much meaning. the design was simple, yet elegant.

i find this building to be impersonal, not unique, and very ugly. in fact, i really do not like the architect who designed this. i would like to protest against this design.
rdykim no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #562
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Overall Masterplan of Yongsan IBD- Daniel Libeskind

Nightview

Sunken Park

Source-http://daniel-libeskind.com/projects...lago-21/images

His Design is only Changed,not Rejected.
this Modified Masterplan of Yongsan IBD is supervised and Designed by Daniel Libeskind,too.
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #563
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdykim View Post
why did they reject daniel libeskind's design? his design had so much meaning. the design was simple, yet elegant.

i find this building to be impersonal, not unique, and very ugly. in fact, i really do not like the architect who designed this. i would like to protest against this design.
No! Daniel Libeskind's Design is not rejected.Refer to below Designs.
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #564
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

So this is really going to be built? Inno was saying that Seoul's new mayor was cancelling all of these redevelopment plans. I hope not; I like this one, and the "gold wrap" of the main tower seems to carry on the Korean tradition of golden glass-clad buildings.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #565
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I can tell this is a Libeskind design. Libeskind makes sure that none of the towers will be dominating because all of them have a similary sized tower next to it. This is the same thing he did with the new WTC. Oh, how I hate that
Old November 20th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #566
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by korea2002 View Post
No! Daniel Libeskind's Design is not rejected.Refer to below Designs.
Wasn't Renzo Piano supposed to design the landmark tower?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:56 AM   #567
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
So this is really going to be built? Inno was saying that Seoul's new mayor was cancelling all of these redevelopment plans. I hope not; I like this one, and the "gold wrap" of the main tower seems to carry on the Korean tradition of golden glass-clad buildings.
Seoul's new mayor is idiot monkey. He's korean name's pronuciation is similar with english monkey. damm it. Guess he's IQ just same with dulpin.

IBD got a project risk which seoul's new policy is not demolish but preserved.

So that reason this project got a risk. half completed(landmark tower is no problem but beside riverside water front project got a risky) Some residens people ask $ 10milion for only 3m3 apartment.
Seoul don't want to demolish "ugly commie-apartment"

This is common oriental an aesthetic sense wtf seoul's mayor

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; November 21st, 2011 at 08:21 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 08:04 AM   #568
inno4321

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0004199455

Yesterday IBD official confirm.

-Until next years $ 8 billion pay for construction coast.

-4~5 floors 20 buildings +22 buildings(over 5 floors)

- Make K-pop streets, Public transfer system

-Among total design project 75% belong to korean architecure company.

-IBD is going to invest $ 31 billions and return back $ 67 billions economic effect and attracted annual 500 millions foreign tour spot and make new job 36millions.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; November 21st, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old November 21st, 2011, 08:18 AM   #569
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Wasn't Renzo Piano supposed to design the landmark tower?
Right Now on going design by renzo

Old November 21st, 2011, 08:23 AM   #570
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdykim View Post

100% agree with you shame on rejected original design.

Old November 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM   #571
patrykus

sooo, why Korea2002 says the Libeskinds design is not rejected? Have he (Libeskind) maybe designed the master plan for the CBD (but not the tower)?
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old November 21st, 2011, 12:21 PM   #572
inno4321

Quote:
sooo, why Korea2002 says the Libeskinds design is not rejected? Have he (Libeskind) maybe designed the master plan for the CBD (but not the tower)?

Have he (Libeskind) maybe designed the master plan for the CBD (but not the tower)?
Correct. Libeskind had been win in internation competeion for IBD by Archiopelo 21 in 2008.

But two time internation finacial cirisi hit the this project(IBD).
So that reason dream hub inc reduce project size(included 680m landmark tower) instead disposal Libeskind design.

As far as i know Libeskind's design is disposal but he is still supervisor for IBD new master plan(but not the tower).

Old November 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM   #573
patrykus

So lets sums it up:

1. Libeskind designed the masterplan for cbd.

2. Renzo Piano will design the landmark tower.

3. Latest renders shows Libeskind cbd masterplan, with illustrative landmark tower design by Libeskind, which wont be build since its going yet to be designed by Renzo.

Are all of above points correct? Inno, Korea, I would like to know opinion from both of you.

Btw do you have any info when Renzo design is to be revield?

Old November 21st, 2011, 05:46 PM   #574
inno4321

Quote:
So lets sums it up:

3. Latest renders shows Libeskind cbd masterplan, with illustrative landmark tower design by Libeskind, which wont be build since its going yet to be designed by Renzo.

Are all of above points correct? Inno, Korea, I would like to know opinion from both of you.

==>Maybe you mean cbd is IBD. Right
IBD(yongsan international business district) masterplan by Libeskind.

==>already during design by renzo. I think almost completed.

==>
Above rendering came from Dreamhub Kick off ceremony presentaion film in Sila Hotel.
Just imaginary rendering. That is not masterplan.
Accordding to the dreamhub they will going to open New materplan which Libeskind until december 2011.

==> Renzo design(basic) is finish until 2011.
With that design detail tower is going to design.(by korean architeture company)

Last edited by inno4321; November 21st, 2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old November 21st, 2011, 06:42 PM   #575
patrykus

Ok, so since this is not the Renzo design I think for now we should hold with our opinions.

Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:52 AM   #576
inno4321

Quote:
Ok, so since this is not the Renzo design I think for now we should hold with our opinions.

Agree above "golden warp" tower is just concept. So hold my opinions.

This is very recent renzo's seoul building design(CBD of seoul).

Especially 1 floors floating in the space. and sky ceilling park. imo not my taste

http://www.yongsanpark-design.com/eng_index.php

Last edited by inno4321; November 22nd, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM   #577
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

What about this - http://buildingdb.ctbuh.org/building...lding_id=12846
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:30 AM   #578
patrykus

what about it?

Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:52 AM   #579
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

Where will that tower be located in the master plan ? Is there any renders available ?
Old November 23rd, 2011, 01:22 AM   #580
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Probably nothing official for something like that at this point. This is a really massive redevelopment project, so I'd expect all the smaller details to be up in the air. That a 355m tower is a "smaller detail" tells you how big this whole thing is. I just hope it all goes through...Seoul is a first class city, and the world should know it.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote