daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #601
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Please refrain from the political discussion here, thanks!

Open a skybar thread for this stuff if you see a need to do so.

I'll delete any further posts on the topic.
I understood. From now on i'll not discuss political themes post anymore. thanks
But As skysraper lover who I am ... please understood my despair and angry.
Regards yours

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #602
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

The only thing is, I never really understood the whole "Seoul Harbor" idea. the Hangang reaches the ocean in North Korea, so it's not like Seoul can really work as a harbor. Besides, that's what Incheon is there for.

Anyway, I'm curious just how many buildings are going to be part of this project. It seems like even on the CTBUH page, there are a lot of buildings not listed; Seoul never seems to have all its information around.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #603
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
The only thing is, I never really understood the whole "Seoul Harbor" idea. the Hangang reaches the ocean in North Korea, so it's not like Seoul can really work as a harbor. Besides, that's what Incheon is there for.

Anyway, I'm curious just how many buildings are going to be part of this project. It seems like even on the CTBUH page, there are a lot of buildings not listed; Seoul never seems to have all its information around.
Dear aquaticko
"Seoul Harbor" or "Yong san Harbor" whatever..It is idea come from predecessor mayor's "Han-river renaissance project" which is make han river like a "Themes of lonond".
This project's very point is "Seoul Harbor" and IBD. At the moment han-river is empty..there is no crusie-ship or tour-ship...
If this project completed..it would many china and japan's tourist direct to reach to seoul with only ship

I'm curious just how many buildings are going to be part of this project.

67 Buildings(over 40 floors is 19 buildings)

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old November 28th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #604
inno4321

http://biz.chosun.com/site/data/html...112800219.html

IBD LANDMARK TOWER's height confirm as 620m(111floors)

Official name is so called "Triple one"
Changed from 100floors(480m) to 111floors(620m) Taller than lotte seoul tower
IMO spire is almost 60~70m

This decision congratulation for KORAIL'S 111 ANNIVERSARY!!

Designed by renzo piano(until december.2011)
Built by Samsung(who built Burj Kalifa)
With renzo basic design detail design in next years.
Construction begin at june 2013
Completed in december. 2016

Last edited by inno4321; November 28th, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old November 28th, 2011, 03:08 AM   #605
Jakub
3D

Really curious what Renzo Piano will show next month, but still don't like the master plan.
Jakub no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #606
Thanial

Likes (Received): 18

so unbelievably happy with the height increase! A building so beautiful deserves the extra height!
Thanial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #607
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #608
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57991

I can't quite comprehend the post of inno4321.

Does that mean a height increase to 620m for the tower this thread is dealing with?

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #609
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:

Does that mean a height increase to 620m for the tower this thread is dealing with?
yes.

but then again i still cannot imagine this and when the plan is to start construction in 2013 i have high fears that this may be one of the future never built hypertall buildings in korea that we had so many in the past

isnt that an old design for DMC, just wondering

with the current design the spire looks to be around 120m or even more, just look at the picture and its about 1/5th of the height of the building and that didnt take into account that the picture has perspective.

Last edited by KillerZavatar; November 28th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:33 AM   #610
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Well, like we said before, the gold-wrapped tower is just a place holder until Piano comes out with his design. It may look totally different from what we see here.

Also, the article from the Chosun Ilbo says that this is one of the three 500+ m buildings going up, and names the Hyundai Global Business Center and the Lotte Jamsil Super Tower as the other two. It also states explicitly that the Seoul Lite tower proposal has been scaled back; those two things make it obvious that Seoul Lite won't be over 500m, but they didn't say just how much smaller the new proposal for that project would be. It's probably safe to say it'll still be a supertall, but I would guess probably no more than 400m.

I do think that this particular project will go through, 620m tower and all, just because it's in such a prime location, and there are so many companies invested in the development, including most of the big chaebol and some foreign co's.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #611
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Well, like we said before, the gold-wrapped tower is just a place holder until Piano comes out with his design. It may look totally different from what we see here.

Also, the article from the Chosun Ilbo says that this is one of the three 500+ m buildings going up, and names the Hyundai Global Business Center and the Lotte Jamsil Super Tower as the other two. It also states explicitly that the Seoul Lite tower proposal has been scaled back; those two things make it obvious that Seoul Lite won't be over 500m, but they didn't say just how much smaller the new proposal for that project would be. It's probably safe to say it'll still be a supertall, but I would guess probably no more than 400m.

I do think that this particular project will go through, 620m tower and all, just because it's in such a prime location, and there are so many companies invested in the development, including most of the big chaebol and some foreign co's.
Thanks for your chosunilbo english article link.
Accordding to some news Landmark tower's design is changed from "Dragon shape(golden wrapped)" to "Rocket shape"
Is Renzo prefer to rocket shape building? I never find rocket shape in his portfolio
Seoul will be get another Second Rocket building besides from "Lotte jamsil seoul tower"? Give me a break IBD

Last edited by inno4321; November 29th, 2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #612
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
Really curious what Renzo Piano will show next month, but still don't like the master plan.
Me too. At the moment master plan is not my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanial View Post
so unbelievably happy with the height increase! A building so beautiful deserves the extra height!
First time i heard the height increase News I so very happy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
yes.

but then again i still cannot imagine this and when the plan is to start construction in 2013 i have high fears that this may be one of the future never built hypertall buildings in korea that we had so many in the past

isnt that an old design for DMC, just wondering

with the current design the spire looks to be around 120m or even more, just look at the picture and its about 1/5th of the height of the building and that didnt take into account that the picture has perspective.
Skeptical is roots of science. Skeptical is healthy reasonable mind.
But i'm sometime tend to be religious man... especially for IBD..
Right This is time for "Real proof" rather than "news article and imaginary rendering". Agree this project is not easy.
Me too I'm looking forward to see "real stuff"...someday

Old November 29th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #613
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Skeptical is roots of science. Skeptical is healthy reasonable mind.
But i'm sometime tend to be religious man... especially for IBD..
Right This is time for "Real proof" rather than "news article and imaginary rendering". Agree this project is not easy.
Me too I'm looking forward to see "real stuff"...someday
i just hope that all these projects will turn out with the heights we heard lately. but i guess only time can tell. i'm happy at least one 500m+ buiding is already under construction and i think the next year will make more clear what the city is heading towards in terms of height
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #614
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Nice news that this tower get increased.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #615
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Thanks for your chosunilbo english article link.
Accordding to some news Landmark tower's design is changed from "Dragon shape(golden wrapped)" to "Rocket shape"
Is Renzo prefer to rocket shape building? I never find rocket shape in his portfolio
Seoul will be get another Second Rocket building besides from "Lotte jamsil seoul tower"? Give me a break IBD
I just hope that with "rocket shape" they don't mean something like the Slaughterhotel of your evil north neighbour
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #616
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I just hope that with "rocket shape" they don't mean something like the Slaughterhotel of your evil north neighbour
that actually is more like a pyramid than a rocket
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #617
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

620m....that's really cool
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #618
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1807 View Post
Nice news that this tower get increased.
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
that actually is more like a pyramid than a rocket
Yeap. North korea(I don't want to admit it that N.Korea as my brotherhood country. really sick and tired)'s Slaughterhotel is shame on kimjong il dictator. I think their concret pyramid hotel is so ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
620m....that's really cool
Not only 620m tower but also others 44 buildings.

Daily IBD NEWS
-IBD success payment for site fee US $ 235,704,932(So remain 66% site fee remain)
Total 19 financial company participated in IBD ABS publication(samsung stock, hyundai stock, shinhan stock,kb invest&stock, nh stock,korea sc stock)
IBD said "So we push up project "fast track" as possible as we can with this successful financial publication."

http://joongang.joinsmsn.com/article...rticle|default

-HYUNDAI DEVELOPER INC(https://www.hyundai-dvp.com/en/index.jsp) move headquter from gang nam to youngsan.
Accordding to the president of HYUNDAI DEVELOPER INC said "Young san will be an axis of Seoul with IBD. So that reason our company move to Young san. Yongsan will be Center of Future Seoul with IBD"

Last edited by inno4321; November 30th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old December 1st, 2011, 06:47 PM   #619
skyscrapercity
초고층빌딩

Likes (Received): 189

Renzo Piano's design is really ugly.(the one on the left)
It doesn't fit Seoul or Korea image at all.
It looks like an image from the cartoon for children as a villain's evil tower.

skyscrapercity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:31 PM   #620
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscrapercity View Post
Renzo Piano's design is really ugly.(the one on the left)
It doesn't fit Seoul or Korea image at all.
It looks like an image from the cartoon for children as a villain's evil tower.
This is not Renzo design.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote