daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 6th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #641
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

This pic is eerily similar to this one:

A really bad design choice in my opinion

Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #642
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Adrian Smith's 450m tower is really great. I hope the landmark tower will complement this style

PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #643
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varghedin View Post
Holy cow, Seoul is going all-out on this one.
yeap, one palce center of seoul so called "dreamhub"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i would be really amazed if all of this woud become reality, yet i'm still doubtful, considering former projects that didn't become reality in seoul. But we will all keep an eye on this and i think with these projects not all starting at once, but having dates for them scattered over the next years it seems not too unrealistic. so go seoul
Me too this project unbelivable huge. So i understood your opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombar View Post
Very interesting towers and awesome master plan!
you right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
This pic is eerily similar to this one:
A really bad design choice in my opinion
Second thought 9/11 and these two cloud pixel tower is very similiar each other. i'm so sorry. probably not intentional design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Adrian Smith's 450m tower is really great. I hope the landmark tower will complement this style
thanks for your advise Second thought these towers also good. especially wave one thumbs up.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; December 7th, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #644
inno4321

edited by inno4321
original photos from http://blog.paran.com/crane0020/41068396
Compare 63 building with IBS serise. you can easily estimated a scale of IBD.
My hearts beat for IBD.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old December 8th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #645
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

that building looks a lot like the one in hanoi tbh
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #646
s.j.

Likes (Received): 0

I have to say I'm disappointed. The architects that submitted their designs are hailed as some of the best designers of today, or in the very least they have built many skyscrapers. But their designs are really, at best, okay. There is absolutely nothing exceptional, and their design-acrobatics often result in clumsy shapes with little relation to the surroundings. It's as though someone is forcing them to do their job, and they're coming up with half-baked designs. It's just all so sloppy.

There's something good in all designs, but overall none are of an appropriate standard. I mean, this is an ENORMOUS PROJECT, and it requires an equally enormous effort. If they're not ready to put in the time, them, they should have the decency to step aside. I find it insulting that such a big project is being treated in this way by such eminent architectural firms (and this isn't the first time).

I feel as though they are hiding their lack of ideas behind overly organic, or technologically impressive buildings, that aren't really much in the way of architecture.
Whatever design is chosen NEEDS to both consider it's surroundings, and to balance the organic trends with something more sombre and appropriate, given that this isn't merely one building, but a whole set of them. And I don't feel that ANY of these designs take the local design traditions and historic architectural tastes into consideration. None of the designs (apart from perhaps the 'golden tear drop' (I don't know who designed it), which could be interpreted as (probably unintentionally) recalling Korean porcelain shapes) seem to adopt anything from the local culture (or ANY culture). I am SO sick of those 'famous architects' coming up with absolutely average and stupendously organic or angular 'modern' designs, whose only 'value' is the ability to stun the architecturally illiterate, and getting their designs approved by politicians (even if there are 'independent' bodies, we all know how it works). I'm not an architect, but I know what is good architecture, and what isn't. Good design is as much dependent on the right location, as it is on the design itself. Organic super 'futuristic' design is okay, but usually only something that adds 'spice'. Rarely does it look good in large quantities, as here.

This location is too good, and too important, for the design not to be perfect. I think it means too much to Seoul.
s.j. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:27 AM   #647
s.j.

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscrapercity View Post
Renzo Piano's design is really ugly.(the one on the left)
It doesn't fit Seoul or Korea image at all.
It looks like an image from the cartoon for children as a villain's evil tower.

AMEN! The design isn't necessarily 'ugly', but it is at the very best average, and entirely unexceptional. I was worried that this would happen the very moment they started going all 'organic', 'angular' and 'modern'. Now I see it. Current skyscraper architects are surely the most unexceptional and average lot in the architect world. How ANYONE can design such a HUGE building, knowing that they really aren't giving it their all, is beyond me. And they must know it. It seems that to them technology+engineering+ spaghetti waves=good architecture. It DOES NOT. These designs have no soul, and are not at all iconic. It seems to me like they took absolutely nothing into consideration. The designs are just too average.

The local culture needs to be taken into consideration, and when a building is THIS big, it CAN NOT looks like a spaceship or a star fiction alien world! It needs to be more humble and more human. This has no humility, it is average, it is too science fiction-like, it is in many ways ugly, and will be an eyesore to all who still value humanity and good design.

These designers are too arrogant and too careless, and their tirade of average needs to be stopped.
s.j. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #648
ganghui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 19

Whats wrong with sci-fi like? It's 2011 and hitech, neon, electro and all that shit is all hyped again, just like it was decades ago. Seoul is already like one big spacepark so I’d say its very fitting – and cool as hell.
ganghui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #649
TheZoolooMaster

Likes (Received): 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.j. View Post
AMEN! The design isn't necessarily 'ugly', but it is at the very best average, and entirely unexceptional. I was worried that this would happen the very moment they started going all 'organic', 'angular' and 'modern'. Now I see it. Current skyscraper architects are surely the most unexceptional and average lot in the architect world. How ANYONE can design such a HUGE building, knowing that they really aren't giving it their all, is beyond me. And they must know it. It seems that to them technology+engineering+ spaghetti waves=good architecture. It DOES NOT. These designs have no soul, and are not at all iconic. It seems to me like they took absolutely nothing into consideration. The designs are just too average.

The local culture needs to be taken into consideration, and when a building is THIS big, it CAN NOT looks like a spaceship or a star fiction alien world! It needs to be more humble and more human. This has no humility, it is average, it is too science fiction-like, it is in many ways ugly, and will be an eyesore to all who still value humanity and good design.

These designers are too arrogant and too careless, and their tirade of average needs to be stopped.
Actually it seems to me that they take so much more into consideration than you do, which limits the possibilities of architectural exploration. Get real! Look at the Burj Khalifa -- its design is essentially a result of gravity; if this building goes through, it will be one of the tallest in the world, and how do you want the architects to cover all the grounds in terms of safety, sustainability, longevity, practicality and liveability?
In any case, I for one think that the Dream Hub cluster is probably the most exceptional project under way (fingers crossed that it will happen), you've just got a very personal aesthetic preference.
TheZoolooMaster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #650
inno4321

MRDV APOLOGIZE TO USA

above ground shape is very normal disappointed.

http://www.mvrdv.nl/#/news

MVRDV designs The Cloud: two connected luxury residential towers in Seoul, Korea
(Yongsan, 7th of December 2011) Yongsan Dream Hub corporation presented today the MVRDV designed residential development of the Yongsan Business district: two connected luxury residential high-rises. A 260 meter tall tower and a 300 meter tall tower are connected in the centre by a pixelated cloud of additional program offering amenities and outside spaces with wide views. The towers with a total surface of 128,000m2 are expected to be completed in 2015.
The two towers are positioned at the entrance of the Yongsan Dreamhub project, a master plan designed by Studio Libeskind, extending the business district of the South Korean capital Seoul. The southern tower reaches a height of 260 meters with 54 floors, the northern tower 300 meters with 60 floors. Halfway, at the level of the 27th floor the cloud is positioned, a 10 floor tall pixelated volume, connecting the two towers. The cloud differentiates the project from other luxury developments, it moves the plinth upwards and makes space on ground floor level for public gardens, designed by Martha Schwartz.
Usually a high-rise adds little to the immediate surrounding city life, by integrating public program to the cloud the typology adds in a more social way to the city. Inside the cloud, besides the residential function, 14,357m2 of amenities are located: the sky lounge - a large connecting atrium, a wellness centre, conference centre, fitness studio, various pools, restaurants and cafes. On top of the cloud are a series of public and private outside spaces, patios, decks, gardens and pools. To allow fast access the cloud is accessible by special express elevators.
The luxurious apartments range from 80m2 to 260m2 of which some offer

Last edited by inno4321; December 9th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old December 9th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #651
inno4321

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/does...u-of-anything/
Building is just design.
This is absolutuly truth that S.korea is bloody-alliance with USA.
With out USA no more s.korea existence and safety.
s.korean appreciated to usa.
But building is just architec. So don't missunderstood.

Old December 9th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #652
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

I didn't notice the resemblance until it was pointed out, and I don't at all question the fact that the designers didn't come up with this design with 9/11 in mind. This is basically just a unique interpretation of a skybridge, and I think it looks amazing.

I may be an American, but I know better than to think that 9/11 was the worst catastrophe in history. It was awful, it happened; the best thing to do is move on.

Anywho...is the 620m tower design coming out later this month or early next year? I'm so anxious to see it; it seems like this whole project is a big opportunity for Seoul to finally bring in some really architectually-interesting buildings.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #653
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I don't think the architect wanted to make a 9/11 statue outta these buildings but fact is he did. I posted the eerie resemblance before this article was posted cause 9/11 was the first thing that came to my mind when I first saw those buildings. It's just eeire, very eerie

This picture is nearly identical to the one from that article
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #654
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

And I for one love it. It is ugly building yes, but this living space made in the clouds wow Living there will be crazy experience for the chosen ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Anywho...is the 620m tower design coming out later this month or early next year? I'm so anxious to see it; it seems like this whole project is a big opportunity for Seoul to finally bring in some really architectually-interesting buildings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Landmark tower is open today but this concept design is not make a public because DUE TO INCREASE HEIGHT FROM 480M TO 620M
Landmark tower's basic design is going to open in march 2012.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #655
Varghedin
Don't feed the vampire.

Likes (Received): 24

I wish you hadn't posted that picture Kanto, because now I can't see anything else when I look at those buildings.

The inside is pretty crazy though, isn't it? It has a fricking street down the middle!
Varghedin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 05:25 AM   #656
Ellatur

Likes (Received): 10

i hope they change the design of that building... people are gonna continuously bring up that similarity, and the blocky design doesnt go well with the curvy design of other surrounding proposed buildings either
Ellatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #657
inno4321

copyrights belong to mrdv of netherlands

Old December 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #658
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

So what's the status on this controversial building? Is it definitely part of the final design, or just a proposed part of it? If it's definitely going to be built, it should be moved to another thread, as should any other future tower that don't belong specifically to the Triple One project. The Yongsan Dreamhub is now just a name given to the redevelopment of Yongsan-gu; these threads ought to change as the projects within that redevelopment do. Not complaining by any means, just saying.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #659
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
So what's the status on this controversial building? Is it definitely part of the final design, or just a proposed part of it? If it's definitely going to be built, it should be moved to another thread, as should any other future tower that don't belong specifically to the Triple One project. The Yongsan Dreamhub is now just a name given to the redevelopment of Yongsan-gu; these threads ought to change as the projects within that redevelopment do. Not complaining by any means, just saying.
Yes youre right. Iwill make new threads about yongsan redevelopment today. Wait my works!!
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #660
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

todays work

There is good news for me. My laptop will be broght to my home today. I am planning to write new threads and rearrange former threads today. Especially,i will make two threads about yongsan development.
These are yongsan clouds and yongsan boutique office tower.
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote