daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #761
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

I have to say I am a bit confused as to why this mayor is so against the development. I know that it's being pushed heavily by some of the chaebols, which I tend to agree need to be reigned in. I could also see this as being thought of as a development that will only directly benefit a relatively small portion of Seoul's population, and know Seoul has many other areas that are in more immediate need of redevelopment. Also, economic inequality is usually thought to be a growing problem in South Korea. He might also be concerned that the city can't afford a project of this size (although I thought it was mostly a private-sector project).

But even still, it seems like a super-valuable piece of real estate, a massive one right in the middle of one of the world's largest and most important cities, and obviously construction will provide some jobs, even if they're low paying ones, and services will create more jobs after construction is complete. Inno, what is the mayor's reason for stopping the project? Why is he so against this development?
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #762
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I have to say I am a bit confused as to why this mayor is so against the development. I know that it's being pushed heavily by some of the chaebols, which I tend to agree need to be reigned in. I could also see this as being thought of as a development that will only directly benefit a relatively small portion of Seoul's population, and know Seoul has many other areas that are in more immediate need of redevelopment. Also, economic inequality is usually thought to be a growing problem in South Korea. He might also be concerned that the city can't afford a project of this size (although I thought it was mostly a private-sector project).

But even still, it seems like a super-valuable piece of real estate, a massive one right in the middle of one of the world's largest and most important cities, and obviously construction will provide some jobs, even if they're low paying ones, and services will create more jobs after construction is complete. Inno, what is the mayor's reason for stopping the project? Why is he so against this development?

In short, new idiot mayor is going to deleted a predecessor-mayor's policy and project(Mr oh se hoon who is pioneer of "design Seoul policy")

As you know Mr oh is resigned as seoul mayor after defeated war against with so called "무상복지-Musang bookji(free welfare politicain).
New idiot mayor Mr park is side of free welfare politicain(they connect with Anti-Lee myoung bak-solidary who is president of s.korea also a former Hyudai construction company's chariman). Therefore he want to deleted all major project of seoul which start or planned from a predecessor time.
Morefore IBD yongsan project is very essence of "한강르네상스han river renassance project" of predecessor Mr oh sea hoon.

Aquaticko Your point is correct!!! that is common sense especially for seoul city which like low graded slumism place.
Seoul need develope and needs more job and measures to stimulative economy!! That is common sense
But new mayor park is doesn't have the least interest at Seoul's prosper or Future. Nevermind...

He just concerns about sucess as politician. shame on monkey mayor.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; March 8th, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #763
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

But this project is progressing well and the tower will be build with its full height so I don't quite get what he actually did so bad for this project.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #764
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
But this project is progressing well and the tower will be build with its full height so I don't quite get what he actually did so bad for this project.
on the beach side there was supposed to be a bit more green space and few nice smaller buildings. those have been denied and instead the commie blocks will stay and block the view to the new project. that's the major thing people rant about, but i have to admit that the tower is still rising, so it's nothing too bad.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #765
patrykus

I know the commie blocks problem, but they can't expect him to force people to move just like that, right? Well I don't no noting about this mayor, but the fact that he won't force people to move from their apartments isn't something that makes of him such a monster, right? After all South Korea last time I checked is democratic country so they can't just move hundreds of people like they do it in China...
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old March 9th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #766
BOM
Alive

Likes (Received): 8

I am sure they don't want to repeat the Yongsan fire incident then set the project back even further. Just be patient, the blocks will likely be redeveloped at some point in the future even if it is after the dream hub is completed.

c;
BOM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #767
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Yeah, I really don't think the mayor's changes are going to be that devastating to the overall good this project could do.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #768
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOM View Post
I am sure they don't want to repeat the Yongsan fire incident then set the project back even further. Just be patient, the blocks will likely be redeveloped at some point in the future even if it is after the dream hub is completed.
The blocks is already fully got 400% floor space index. Accordding to building standard law that blocks's redevelope is almost impossible!!! Even block know that....they already know

Otherwise commie block.... back side normal house are almost 90% agree with project.

Which means is they-commi just want little bit more compensation. Why? Just in the favor of han river prospect right!!
They say "we are infront of river! very expensive!"

But han river is just like Thames/Seine river not commi block's own but seoul all citizens public area!!

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; March 10th, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old March 12th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #769
inno4321

http://www.newspim.com/view.jsp?newsId=20120312000348

Daily News
Dreamhub sucess publish to 1 billions USD ABCP.
Rate interest is 3.72%
SCB in Hongkong asia Head Bank invest 200 million USD.
Whithin this years permissions to enforcement plan
Construction start permissions at January, 2013.
Completion at 2016

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #770
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28195

Good news.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #771
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Construction start permissions at January, 2013.
Completion at 2016
Are those dates for the tower construction or for the whole district?

Old March 12th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #772
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:
Maybe Towers.
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #773
inno4321

Quote:
Above timetable is cite from today Newpapaer interview whom dreamhub concerns crew.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0002052762

This project go as one-unit. So above interview understood as "WHOLE UNIT"

btw This project no problem. Only obstacle is idiot mayor

Old March 13th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #774
Thanial

Likes (Received): 18

trust me you guys have got it easy compared to us in Adelaide, a couple of years ago the council rejected a 40m building for being way to tall! I really hope this one goes forward, definitely one of my favourite projects, just can't wait to see the final design!
Thanial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #775
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanial View Post
trust me you guys have got it easy compared to us in Adelaide, a couple of years ago the council rejected a 40m building for being way to tall! I really hope this one goes forward, definitely one of my favourite projects, just can't wait to see the final design!

Thanks for your consolation. Europe's beauty came from old architect and preserve history. Also europe's council is much more democratic than korea. At the moment new idiot mayor act like a tyrant.
BTW in theses day I'm really stressful and desperated by "mayor"
I'm very worry about the IBD project's future. Frankly speak I'm really in panic.

Old March 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #776
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

demolition is under way now and construction is set to start already in January 2013? that would be awesome, but sounds a little bit too optimistic for me But maybe they mean groundbreaking or piling works start by January. we will see how this goes.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #777
inno4321

sorry

Last edited by inno4321; March 28th, 2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:32 AM   #778
inno4321

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?b...o=120154418278
6,MARCH
If commi block to demolish, I would promise almost every week or everyday i'll take a photos by myself(not only IBD but also others lotte/seoullite etc)

Last edited by inno4321; March 22nd, 2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:58 AM   #779
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

Wow, the site is really being cleared quick.
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #780
inno4321

sorry

Last edited by inno4321; March 28th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.