daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 17th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #1021
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
Korea has historically had problems getting supertall projects off the ground. Sadly I think this case is no different.
yes the ratio of 500m+ proposals in korea and the number of them rising is not too great, but at least 2 of them are rising now, so it gives hope for the others.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #1022
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
i hope this doesn't get canceled.
I'm 10000% agree with you. Very painful nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Two companies struggling for control of a project isn't a good thing, though that alone doesn't mean it won't be built. Take the WTC for example, there have been many delays but at the end, it will be built
Is WTC also had been many delayed? Yesterday I saw 9/11 documentary in youtube. MY consolation to USA. Anyway I wish IBD to be built like your prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
Ugh, duopoly battle. Brace yourself, we're gonna have to watch this for a while. It never ends fast.
Brace yourself. These words make me..... I'm really appreciated.....

Quote:
Korea has historically had problems getting supertall projects off the ground. Sadly I think this case is no different.
I see... Too many supertall project rise during before world fincial crisis. Exactly.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
yes the ratio of 500m+ proposals in korea and the number of them rising is not too great, but at least 2 of them are rising now, so it gives hope for the others.
Thanks my friends. Let's get hope for IBD.

Today meeting is indefinitely suspend due to Lotte's strong resisted against KORAIL.
Actually 10 directors participate in today meeting at 4 p.m(seoul time).... However among them 3 directors who belongs to KORAIL leaves meeting rooms without any excused. Others 7 directors to be perplexed and unpleasant..
In result KORAIL failed for "Kick out" Lotte from this project today.

I'm little bit worry about IBD project going same way with like a "PARC1" in yeuido of Seoul and Seoullite in sangamdong of Seoul.
File a suit each others and then....
This is Unofficial source but some said "KORAIL almost decided to give up the project". But i believe this is just rumors.

But I have stong belief that IBD project to be Built someday!!!

Summary
-KORAIL's point is "Unified Fast track develope is impossible. Let's go with Step by Step develope"
-Lotte's point is "To Changed plan is unacceptable"

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; September 17th, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1023
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

so what does lotte want if they win? do they just want them to fail or do they want to redevelop the site?
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1024
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Is WTC also had been many delayed? Yesterday I saw 9/11 documentary in youtube. MY consolation to USA. Anyway I wish IBD to be built like your prospect
Very many delays. Originally the entire site should have been finished by 2008 or 2009. Now 1WTC and 4WTC will be completed in 2013 with 2WTC and 3WTC going on hold

As to this project, we have to wait to see how this KORAIL-Lotte war will end. The best scenario would be if KORAIL would build their skyscrapers and Lotte theirs. Then both companies could create their own plan and schedule and the infighting would stop. This was also the case of the WTC, where the PA owns 1WTC and Larry Silverstein owns towers 2, 3, 4 and 7. The IBD project is so huge that splitting it up into two parts wouldn't be that difficult, though then again, agreements between big companies usually are problematic
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #1025
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
so what does lotte want if they win? do they just want them to fail or do they want to redevelop the site?
I think it is kind of civil war for who will No 1. This is battle for hegemony which who will managed project. Problem is KORAIL and Lotte each other wish to be No 1 head company for project.

Of course both of them want to redevelop...But different is lotte want to redevelop the "WHOLE(inculded apartment)" site. Also KORAIL want to redevelop the site(except apartment).
So KORAIL very conservative because If bulding sold out failed in market then All cost(damaged) belong to land owner(KORAIL). KORAIL afraid fail So make project to smaller than original plan.
However lotte is free from any damged compared with KORAIL. So they prefer original plan which is can get huge money from construction pay(as construction company).

I'm afraid that KORAIL's downscale plan.

Quote:
Very many delays. Originally the entire site should have been finished by 2008 or 2009. Now 1WTC and 4WTC will be completed in 2013 with 2WTC and 3WTC going on hold

As to this project, we have to wait to see how this KORAIL-Lotte war will end. The best scenario would be if KORAIL would build their skyscrapers and Lotte theirs. Then both companies could create their own plan and schedule and the infighting would stop. This was also the case of the WTC, where the PA owns 1WTC and Larry Silverstein owns towers 2, 3, 4 and 7. The IBD project is so huge that splitting it up into two parts wouldn't be that difficult, though then again, agreements between big companies usually are problematic
I first know WTC's behind story. thanks..also your suggestion Sound good.
Your divided suggestion very resemble with KORAIL's suggestion. If apply your suggestion to IBD then they have to divided with TWO sector. One is "empty rail road" sectors belong to KORAIL. The others one is apartment sectors belong to Lotte.

By the way One thing is Good new which now IBD is under last design process they called it "Design developer"(DB). I don't know that it was means but they called it like that....Therefore building design almost compelet.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; September 17th, 2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #1026
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

would lotte redesign the whole thing or just put their name on all the already designed towers and move on? because if lotte does indeed get new architect firms and stuff this whole thing will be pushed back by years.
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #1027
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Frankly I'd rather have the whole site develop organically than have a bunch of money poured into the project only to have several of the towers remain empty for an extended period of time. If necessary, I'd be happy to see Yongsan do what's happened with the 2WTC building: bring the area to life by building podium-type things across the district, then design skyscrapers to match and sit on top of it as demand requires. I'm afraid that the alternative is to follow the Chinese way, which is essentially to build lots of fancy but incongruent towers that there's no real demand for and then pray that the market requires it.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #1028
Kanto
Roof height crusader

The WTC is an extremely important symbol, so I kinda didn't like them making 2WTC on hold, however in general for projects this demand model is a good idea as long as they build the tallest tower or two first and asap, like they did with 1WTC. However contrary to the WTC, the second tallest tower should be built second, not last
Old September 19th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #1029
inno4321

This is not proper news But Seoulite tower official resume(However give up 133floors)
More detail news visist to my thread.

Old September 19th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #1030
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3188

Something huge WILL be built here someday. The land cost and location is too important to pass up.
Munwon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #1031
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Something huge WILL be built here someday. The land cost and location is too important to pass up.
Don't worry Tripe one absolutely to be built. Already under "developer design procedure". At the very moment tower's design almost complete.

But What is point is apartment site. Lotte and KORAIL's battle is concern apartment site. Railroal site is no problem. Also 620m landmark tower no problem. Now seoul mayor intentionally delayed this project but he can not ruined this project. Because too much money invested already and legal perfect and Central goverment of korea can not give up this project. Land mark tower will be built I can guarantee.

Real problem is apartment site.

Old September 19th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1032
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Too bad they reduced the height of Seoulite. but hearing that the flagship of IBD will be a landmark from them sounds good
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #1033
inno4321

Quote:
Too bad they reduced the height of Seoulite. but hearing that the flagship of IBD will be a landmark from them sounds good
Right I'm very dissapointed why seoul goverment rejected Old seoulite suggestion which 100floors.

By the way it is glad new Seoul goverment reckon IBD tripe one as flagship landmark.

Old September 20th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #1034
inno4321

This is Unofficial news.

-Hyundai construction, Daewoo construction, Daerim construction prepare for participated in IBD project as invest money and to built skyscrpaer building.

Among them especially the Hyundai construction is the leading candidate for IBD. Because Hyundai had been competitive bidding with Samsung construction in Triple one's constructor company but failed. But they continue interest in IBD.
Recently Hyundai believe that now is Good time for participated in IBD beside fight between KORAIL with Lotte.
So some source say If Hyundai participateed in IBD then they will invest money and to built building.

What is more good news is Almost construction company(in korea) predict that IBD project impossible to cancelled. Even though battle between KORAIL and Lotte, IBD project is too huge to cancelled.

That is means construction experts believe in this project.

Last edited by inno4321; September 20th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #1035
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
This is Unofficial news.

-Hyundai construction, Daewoo construction, Daerim construction prepare for participated in IBD project as invest money and to built skyscrpaer building.

Among them especially the Hyundai construction is the leading candidate for IBD. Because Hyundai had been competitive bidding with Samsung construction in Triple one's constructor company but failed. But they continue interest in IBD.
Recently Hyundai believe that now is Good time for participated in IBD beside fight between KORAIL with Lotte.
So some source say If Hyundai partiicapet in IBD then they will invest money and to built building.

What is more good news is Almost construction company(in korea) predict that IBD project impossible to cancelled. Even though battle between KORAIL and Lotte, IBD project is too huge to cancelled.

That is means construction experts believe in this project.
if possible,can these Construction Company(Daewoo,Daerim,Hyundai) get Contract for Major Yongsan IBD's Facility's Development?
WOW!! OMG!! if it is true,Supertall Building's Development bid(Contract)Announcement will be opened to Public soon!!
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1036
Trances
, , and , Fade to Black.

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Sorry guys I was just thinking the same thing!
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #1037
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3188

Like I said before this project is too big to fail.
Munwon está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #1038
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trances View Post
Sorry guys I was just thinking the same thing!
Others many project failed in Korea. Belive me, But This project never going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Like I said before this project is too big to fail.
Correctly too big to fail...One way road no return...

SAMSUNG got total $2.1 billion usa dollor the cost of construction in IBD.

- Reccently the board of directors passed items which IBD infrastructure construction task to SAMSUNG.

- Actaully now SAMSUNG under task to soile purification in IBD site.

- Therefore SAMSUNG got 3 big task in IBD which are Tripe one landmark tower construction, soile purification and infrastructure construction in IBD.

- Tripe one is 1.4 billion
- soile purification 210 millions
- infrastructure is 420 million.

"This decision is for two others infrastructure construction in IBD." said by dreamhub concerns.

Old September 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #1039
korea2002

today,Bad news released.... Yongsan IBD's Groundbreaking and Infrastructure Construction(not build Supertall Facilities)-용산국제업무지구 기반시설공사 올스톱
Temporarily all-stopped!! That's too bad news and Information in Yongsan Neighborhood Development Field(nearby Yongsan IBD's Urban Development-Residents,Business Hotel,Office Tower)

In today's Headline,Important Fact is Samsung stopped Construction for Yongsan IBD's InfraStructure Since September 3rd.
I think Yongsan IBD's Joint Venture SPC(Yongsan Station Development Corporation-(주)용산역세권개발) will announce Default Fulfillment .........
Default means returning Development's stage.....
it is very bad information... at worst,Yongsan IBD's Financial Procurement(Project Financing's Structure) will be cancelled and go to recycling bin....

용산역세권개발사업, 디폴트 위기..시공사 공사 중단

총 사업비 30조원이 넘어 '단군 이래 최대 개발사업'으로 불리는 서울 용산역세권 개발사업이 채무불이행(디폴트) 위기에 처했다. 지난해 10월 시작된 공사도 착공 1년이 안된 이달 초 공사비 미지급으로 이미 중단되는 등 파행 국면을 맞은 것이다.

25일 관련업계에 따르면 용산국제업무지구 개발사업 시행사인 드림허브PFV는 지난해 10월 기공식과 함께 '트리플원'을 짓기 위한 기반공사인 토지오염 정화공사를 시작했으나 시공사인 삼성건설은 지난 3일 공사를 중단했다.

지금까지 공사비 271억원에 대한 지급이 6개월가량 늦어지면서 시공사가 공사비를 받지 못할 우려가 크다고 판단했기 때문이다. 기반시설 공사가 늦어지게 되면 내년 상반기로 예정된 빌딩 신축 일정에도 차질이 불가피하다.

특히 트리플원은 2개 주요 빌딩과 함께 서부이촌동 보상비와 초기 사업비 마련을 위해 분양매출채권을 유동화하는 계획에 포함된 빌딩이어서 이 빌딩 건립이 늦어지면 전체 사업 진척도 지체될 공산이 크다.

사업 시행사인 드림허브는 SOM(미국), MVRDV(네덜란드) 등 19개 해외 설계업체에 기본설계비용 217억원과 국내 설계사무소에 줘야 하는 496억원 등 719억원도 3~4개월째 지급하지 못한 것으로 알려졌다. 이들은 이달까지 설계비를 지급하지 않으면 법적 대응을 하겠다는 입장인 것으로 전해졌다.

자본금도 당초 1조원에서 현재는 436억원밖에 남지 않았다. 총 1000억원에 이르는 각종 미납 기성비에 연말에 돌아오는 금융이자 550억원이 더 필요한 드림허브는 추가 자금 조달에 실패할 경우 디폴트 가능성도 배제하기 힘들게 됐다. 업계에서는 용산역세권 갈등이 심화되면서 내년 3조원 가량의 보상금 등 앞으로도 계속 요구되는 막대한 규모의 자금을 어떻게 조달해 나갈 것인지 우려하고 있다.

현재 드림허브는 1·2대 주주인 코레일(25%)과 롯데관광개발(15.1%) 간 내홍으로 자금 조달에 차질을 빚고 있다. 표면적으로는 2500억원 규모의 전환사채(CB) 발행 방식을 두고 일어난 마찰이지만 사업이 지연되면서 전체 사업방식을 기존 통합개발(롯데관광개발 측)로 할지, 단계적 개발(코레일 측)로 할지 입장 차가 큰 상황이다.

코레일 측은 이에 대해 "사업 주도권을 쥐고 있는 용산역세권개발 지분 45%를 롯데관광개발로부터 돌려받지 못하면 주주로서의 역할만 할 것"이라며 "지분을 받으면 사업 전체를 6단계로 나눠 철도창 부지부터 사업을 정상화해 나갈 방침"이라고 밝혔다.
Old September 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #1040
korea2002

Confronting Major Problems about Yongsan IBD's Developments

I summarized and conclused Yongsan IBD's Internal Problem.....
Yongsan IBD's sucessful Develpment is delayed because of these Obstacles.....

English(한국어)

현재 용산국제업무지구 개발사업에 국면한 상황정리
Major Circumstance's Summarization for Current Yongsan IBD's Developments

1.2500억원 규모 전환사채(CB) 및 트리플 원 랜드마크 빌딩 2차 계약금(6600억원 규모) 요구
--- Contractor(Samsung) requires 0.2 billion Dollars Convertible Bond and 2nd Construction contract Money for Triple-One Landmark Buildings...
2.국내외 설계회사 기본설계비 미지급
--- don't send extra Money for Basic Design of Domestic(Samoo,Heerim) and International Architects like SOM,MRVDV,KPF
3.용산국제업무지구 부지조성 및 토양정화사업 임시 중단
---temporarily all-stopped works for Soil-Remidations and Groundbreaking of Yongsan IBD.

4.출자사(건설적 투자자) 간 시공권 연계에 대한 방안 고민

--- think Countermeasures of Building Construction's Rights in Conjuction with Constructive Investors(CI).
5.서부이촌동 주민보상안과 서울시와의 주민의견수렴 마찰정리
---Push-Pull Struggles for Compensations of Western Ichon-dong Commie Apartments' Residents(Sungwon,Daerim,Sibeom)
and Cooperations between Mr.park(Seoul Mayor) and Local Residents
6.롯데관광개발의 사업주도권 회수 방안
---Most of Shareholders Including Korail Corps want to retrieve Lotte Tour Development's Rights.
7.분리개발이냐(코레일) VS 통합개발이냐(코레일 제외 대부분의 출자사 주장)
---Separate Development(Korail Claims) VS Integrated Development(Lotte Tour Development)

Last edited by korea2002; September 25th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.