daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #1221
architec101
BANNED

Likes (Received): 141

Citypia, You say as if I have no idea what's going on in Korea. So according to your post, CheongGaeChoen restoration has been a bad idea. You think just like the Monkey Mayor and I bet you support him as well. What are you doing here?

inno4321 liked this post
architec101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1222
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
Citypia, You say as if I have no idea what's going on in Korea. So according to your post, CheongGaeChoen restoration has been a bad idea. You think just like the Monkey Mayor and I bet you support him as well. What are you doing here?
This guy is just _________ (Fill in the blank as you like).
Where did I say CheongGaeChoen restoration is a bad idea?
I said there are two sides of that project. A good side and a bad side!
Are you blind, reading disability or what?
Read my writing below carefully once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
The project of CheongGaeChoen is like, inevitably, two sides of the same coin.
We easily see only just one side(bright side), as the stars are still there, but the light from the sun is too strong for us to see them.

Source
http://www.ajunews.com/common/redire...20110904000174
More importantly, that is not my opinion. Get it? I just report and quote it (That's why I linked the source)
Can't you distinguish someone's personal opinion from the news( public report)?

Do you want to hear my opinion about CheongGaeChoen?
In my opinion, tearing the concrete elevated road down was a very good idea to renew the urban environment but it should have done with careful plan to regenerate a real and natural stream, not man-made artificial stream, and thoughtful plan for everybody, especially for the poor.
Even though restoring a natural stream is more expensive, difficult and takes longer time, it had to be done step by step taking a long-term view.
It actually saves more money after all in the long run but former seoul mayor hastened it to finish within his tenure.
This is my personal opinion. Period.

Secondly, how can I know how much you know about korea?
As far as I remmembered, most of your posts was skeptical and negative about korea(or korean projects.) I vividly remmemer what you wrote after I posted piuctures.
Did you ask me what I am doing here? I've been a forumer since 2002. I have posted so many my pictures and gave a boost korean threads
I also want to ask what you are doing here? Why do you care about korean projects?
Did you post korean pictures or gave a boost korean threads like me?

Lastly,
Don't call him monkey mayor.
I also call you "monkey architec101" If you continue to do this childsh and immature behavior. Fair enough?
Keep calling a person monkey in public is so mean and that's cheap shot!

By the way,
I don't support anybody, neither former mayors nor current mayor.
In fact, I don't care the politics, neutral
I tend to be more or less an anarchist with indifference. Get it?
Just having a different view and opinions from yours doesn't mean supprting your opposite side.
There are many sides in our real life.
Is that clear?

Last edited by citypia; March 28th, 2013 at 03:45 AM.
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1223
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by architec101 View Post
I'm out of this topic. Suit yourself too. Don't bring off-topic again. This is NOT the thread for calling Seoul Mayor monkey.

Last edited by citypia; March 26th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #1224
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

Today News

-KORAIL pre-buying landmark tower which Tripleone 111floors as $ 4billions.

-By demand KORAIL, SAMSUNG give up rigt for to built tripleones.

-KOREA National goverment EXPRESS negative opinions concern KORAIL LEAD IBD PROJECT.

-However KORAIL OFFICIAL announce that KORAIL will be lead IBD project resume.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

kristalking liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #1225
djidma11

Likes (Received): 11

LOOOL what a story!!!
djidma11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #1226
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7055

my 1,111 post

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Today News

-KORAIL pre-buying landmark tower which Tripleone 111floors as $ 4billions.

-By demand KORAIL, SAMSUNG give up rigt for to built tripleones.

-KOREA National goverment EXPRESS negative opinions concern KORAIL LEAD IBD PROJECT.

-However KORAIL OFFICIAL announce that KORAIL will be lead IBD project resume.
Hmmmm.....So when will they start to build this iconic project.

BTW!!! This is my Quadruple One Post.....

inno4321, glasscraper liked this post
ajosh821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1227
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1153

Gratz on your quadruple post!
krkseg1ops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #1228
kristalking

Likes (Received): 9

I think this project and other skyscrapers in Korea its the best chance for Korea to show their beautiful country. Why ? because most of the people all over the world just know China and Japan. But Korea, for them its just poor country who eats dogs. Yes Yes thats what people still thinking. I become sad every time i hear that.

Korea has much advances in life quality... but people who lives overseas cannot see these things. So thumbs up for Korean new technology and future skyscrapers projects ! In my opinion its really can help ))

Korea is most beautiful country ^_^

inno4321 liked this post
kristalking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #1229
brianmoon85

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalking View Post
I think this project and other skyscrapers in Korea its the best chance for Korea to show their beautiful country. Why ? because most of the people all over the world just know China and Japan. But Korea, for them its just poor country who eats dogs. Yes Yes thats what people still thinking. I become sad every time i hear that.

Korea has much advances in life quality... but people who lives overseas cannot see these things. So thumbs up for Korean new technology and future skyscrapers projects ! In my opinion its really can help ))

sad reality but really those are ignorant people who've probably never stepped foot outside their own country due to fear. Korea has come a long way since that time...I remember when I was in elementary school they used to make fun of me for eating Gim (Dried Seaweed) and Kimchi but now people all over the world are going after it due to its health benefits and deliciousness!! Greetings~~

HOOAH!!

kristalking liked this post
brianmoon85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1230
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Well, over here in Slovakia South Korea is held in very high regard. For us South Korea is a prosperous, honorable and free country that gave us countless work places (KIA). Also, the fact that it remained as prosperous as it is even though it is constantly facing the threat of its north butcher brother is just another reason why we respect it so much. That's also the reason why I like to follow South Korean skyscraper construction that much. Cheers from Slovakia

kristalking, brianmoon85, inno4321 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1231
kristalking

Likes (Received): 9

I really hope the rest countries will give respect too ^_^ we have the bright future Cheer up everybody

brianmoon85 liked this post
kristalking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #1232
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

Quote:

I'm agree with you Seoul needs some skyscrapers for ICON

IBD and lotte tower and others push up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Well, over here in Slovakia South Korea is held in very high regard. For us South Korea is a prosperous, honorable and free country that gave us countless work places (KIA). Also, the fact that it remained as prosperous as it is even though it is constantly facing the threat of its north butcher brother is just another reason why we respect it so much. That's also the reason why I like to follow South Korean skyscraper construction that much. Cheers from Slovakia

Slovakia also beautyful counrty in the world. Some day i wish visit to Slovakia and east europe!!

Quote:
I really hope the rest countries will give respect too ^_^ we have the bright future Cheer up everybody
thanks.

Now IBD last meeting.....

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #1233
Redzio
To ja!

Likes (Received): 6823

the tower will be built in original form?
Redzio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #1234
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1028

Korail votes to put a stop to Yongsan development

Quote:
"The 31 trillion won ($27 billion) Yongsan property development project, the largest-ever in Korean history, is officially dead in the water after a seven-year struggle.

According to Korail, the largest stakeholder of the Yongsan International Business District development project yesterday, the company’s board of directors voted to revoke the project and land contracts.

All 13 members of the board agreed to put an end to it. “Korail tried to normalize the project in order to minimize the social and economic loss for society, but private investors including Lotte Tour Development and Samsung C&T were opposed to our proposal,” the company said in a statement.

The state-run railway operator will now have to pay 2.4 trillion won to project executor Dream Hub Financial Investment, which it had earned from selling the land to the financial investment company. On March 14, Dream Hub defaulted on 5.2 billion won worth of interest on the 200 billion won asset-backed commercial paper.

Korail will pay 540 billion won of the money today - the remainder will be paid back in June and September.

How the debt-ridden Korail will come up with the money remains to be seen. Market watchers say the company will have to borrow the money from banks or issue corporate bonds.

Korail hasn’t posted a surplus in its railway business for the last eight years after it was converted from a government agency to a public corporation in January 2005.

The railway unit has so far accumulated 1.3 trillion won in deficit, according to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.

Dream Hub will be officially notified of the cancellation of the land purchase by April 22. The whole project contract will become ineffective starting April 29.

The area in Yongsan containing train warehouses will be returned to Korail. The rest of the land will go back in the hands of residents of Seobuichon-dong, central Seoul.

The residents held a press conference yesterday, saying that they will demand at least 220 billion won in compensation to make up for their losses for the past seven years.

The project, proposed in 2006, was deemed to be Korea’s largest property development project, turning the area into a large international complex of offices, malls, hotels and apartments."
The end . This whole thing turned into such a big mess, didn't it. Oh well.

Last edited by desertpunk; April 11th, 2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: greater emphasis
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #1235
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

27 Billion Dollars.... Holy shit...What were they planning to build besides the tower? (I'm sure the tower would cost less than a billion).

But is this it? The end? A big disappointment for people like us who followed this tower for years going through design changes showing signs of hope.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #1236
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

RIP IBD
Old April 10th, 2013, 12:56 AM   #1237
korea2002

Likes (Received): 1269

Cancelled!! move to DN Archive or recycling bin.
korea2002 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #1238
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
RIP IBD

Yep. I guess I can unsubscribe from this thread now. I really wanted to see this thing go up..
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #1239
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

was a mess for a while now
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #1240
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreezer View Post
27 Billion Dollars.... Holy shit...What were they planning to build besides the tower? (I'm sure the tower would cost less than a billion).

But is this it? The end? A big disappointment for people like us who followed this tower for years going through design changes showing signs of hope.
the whole IBD they mean, which is that whole area with many many projects, triple one, cloud, dancing dragons, diagonale tower and that weren't even all supertalls in that project. i will wait a few days to see if more news pops up about it and then i will move all these projects to cancelled on SSP
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote