daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States Urban Issues > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West Includes CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID and BC.

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #41
mongozx
Pipe Layer

Likes (Received): 8

Stop kidding yourself. Phoenix should never be described as LA w/out the beach. The two cities are in different leagues when it comes to diversity, culture, global influence, entertainment among many other things.

It should be more like "Bakersfield. . . with a kick."
mongozx no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old June 13th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #42
kevin22
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
Stop kidding yourself. Phoenix should never be described as LA w/out the beach. The two cities are in different leagues when it comes to diversity, culture, global influence, entertainment among many other things.

It should be more like "Bakersfield. . . with a kick."
thats what i think, i refuse to belive that phoenix looks like LA!!!!
kevin22 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:11 AM   #43
dewback

Likes (Received): 1

Well, I have to admit I'd rather spend a week in LA than in Phoenix. I am no fan of Southern California myself. In fact, I still dismiss my hometown (San Diego) as being a bland tourist trap. Yet, Phoenix can hardly be considered tourism material. If anything, it's like San Jose, but warmer and without a San Francisco to offer real entertainment.

I am afraid the "Bakersfield...with a kick" label is very appropriate.
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #44
FLscraper

You guys are tooo funny. Phoenix like Bakersfield with a kick? Does the Bakersfield area offer some of the finest resorts in America? Bakersfield was probably the NFL's second pick when choosing where to host the 2008 Superbowl right? How about MLB spring training, Barrett Jackson? Does Bakersfield have NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, each having their own world class stadium? I'm sure 41 million passengers a year pass through the Phoenix airport for that little extra "kick" Phoenix offers over Bakersfield. Scottsdale is internationally recognized as one of the most upscale tourist destinations in America. Phoenix in many ways can be considered more entertaining than both LA and San Diego...Bakersfield? Get the hell outta here. Phoenix should be compared to Houston or Dallas, imo.

Kevin22, here are a couple photos I came across of Phoenix.

FLscraper no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #45
atariboy15
el mexicano blanco

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin22 View Post
well phoenix is also missing the latin flavor, and the beaches

you must be a moron, you start this post asking what phoenix is like....now suddenly you are the know-all of what it is like in this city!

give me a break, obviously phoenix doesn't have any fuckin beaches but LATIN FLAVOR? hahahaha
gimme a break, im not sure of the exact percentage but phoenix absolutly does have a HUGE latino population and the influence they have on the feel of the city is very evident.

Phoenix is PHOENIX, not LA or Vegas or Bakersfield or Houston or any other city. it has its own unique feel and for all you twats going around like you know shit about phoenix, try living here for 20 years before you decide that you know how it is because of your drive through or layover or even resort vacation you made in the winter......unless you've lived here you dont know shit
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #46
kevin22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by atariboy15 View Post
you must be a moron, you start this post asking what phoenix is like....now suddenly you are the know-all of what it is like in this city!

give me a break, obviously phoenix doesn't have any fuckin beaches but LATIN FLAVOR? hahahaha
gimme a break, im not sure of the exact percentage but phoenix absolutly does have a HUGE latino population and the influence they have on the feel of the city is very evident.

Phoenix is PHOENIX, not LA or Vegas or Bakersfield or Houston or any other city. it has its own unique feel and for all you twats going around like you know shit about phoenix, try living here for 20 years before you decide that you know how it is because of your drive through or layover or even resort vacation you made in the winter......unless you've lived here you dont know shit
i didn't know phoenix has a large hispanic population, but is probably just mexicans.
kevin22 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #47
kevin22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLscraper View Post
You guys are tooo funny. Phoenix like Bakersfield with a kick? Does the Bakersfield area offer some of the finest resorts in America? Bakersfield was probably the NFL's second pick when choosing where to host the 2008 Superbowl right? How about MLB spring training, Barrett Jackson? Does Bakersfield have NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, each having their own world class stadium? I'm sure 41 million passengers a year pass through the Phoenix airport for that little extra "kick" Phoenix offers over Bakersfield. Scottsdale is internationally recognized as one of the most upscale tourist destinations in America. Phoenix in many ways can be considered more entertaining than both LA and San Diego...Bakersfield? Get the hell outta here. Phoenix should be compared to Houston or Dallas, imo.

Kevin22, here are a couple photos I came across of Phoenix.

thanks for the pics, i really appreciated.
kevin22 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #48
MarkR

If you're liberal-minded or into alternative scenes, Phoenix is not a great place.

If you're a Republican or a stereotypical fraternity/sorority type, then the Phoenix metro area is probably paradise.
MarkR no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #49
Elsongs
"There It Is, Take It!"

Likes (Received): 2

LOL, Los Angeles has better weather, an ocean, a skyline, mass transit, more than three professional sports teams, culture and a life.

Phoenix is more like Orange County, minus Disneyland, the beach and plus 40 degrees farenheit.
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #50
FLscraper

Quote:
LOL, Los Angeles has better weather
for about 3 months a year, the rest Phoenix puts LA to shame.

Quote:
a skyline
Extremely shitty one for a metro of 17 million.
Quote:
mass transit
Yeah LA is definitely known for its excellent mass transit.
Quote:
more than three professional sports teams
Congrats, Phoenix has 9.
FLscraper no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #51
LANative
Smile!

L.A. is like Phoenix???!!!! You have to be the biggest retard if anyone thinks L.A. is anything like Phoenix. L.A. has a bigger and better skyline, beaches, weather, mass transit thats growing every day, diversity, development going all over the city and downtown, how in the hell is L.A. and Phoenix alike?

L.A. is in a league of its own and NO city compares to L.A.
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:16 PM   #52
Trae

I don't think it should be compared with Houston or Dallas. Maybe Minneapolis and other metros of that size.
Trae no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #53
kevin22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLscraper View Post
for about 3 months a year, the rest Phoenix puts LA to shame.

Extremely shitty one for a metro of 17 million. Yeah LA is definitely known for its excellent mass transit.Congrats, Phoenix has 9.
for people to shut up u need to give us one good reason why Phoenix should be compared to LA.
kevin22 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #54
fredcalif

Likes (Received): 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANative View Post
L.A. is like Phoenix???!!!! You have to be the biggest retard if anyone thinks L.A. is anything like Phoenix. L.A. has a bigger and better skyline, beaches, weather, mass transit thats growing every day, diversity, development going all over the city and downtown, how in the hell is L.A. and Phoenix alike?

L.A. is in a league of its own and NO city compares to L.A.
I would not say it is like LA, but Phoenix has everything LA has, except the beaches,

but we have better stadiums than LA, better Resorts, it is sunnier than LA, it is a lot cleaner than LA, we have good clubs, all the major professional sports.

I guess LA does not even have an NFL team, or a nice stadium.

the freeway system in LA need to be rebuild, it is horrible. in PHoenix they all look like new. not bad for a metro 4 times smaller than LA.

LA should be much better for its size. Watch out LA phoenix is catching up.
We are america's fastes growing city. and we are changing for better everyday.

Something has to have Phoenix that more and more people move from LA, and other places, yes it is hot as hell for 3 months, but after that it is nice.
fredcalif no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #55
kevin22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I don't think it should be compared with Houston or Dallas. Maybe Minneapolis and other metros of that size.
i think phoenix should be compared with charlotte, NC or atlanta but not LA, the last thing we need is phoenix being compared to NYC.
kevin22 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #56
fredcalif

Quote:
for people to shut up u need to give us one good reason why Phoenix should be compared to LA.

We have already told you Kevin,
do you homework, PHoenix has a lot to offer, but it will depend on what you looking for.

Just like Miami has something to offer. Vegas does, and so does Phoenix
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #57
kevin22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcalif View Post
I would not say it is like LA, but Phoenix has everything LA has, except the beaches,

but we have better stadiums than LA, better Resorts, it is sunnier than LA, it is a lot cleaner than LA, we have good clubs, all the major professional sports.

I guess LA does not even have an NFL team, or a nice stadium.

the freeway system in LA need to be rebuild, it is horrible. in PHoenix they all look like new. not bad for a metro 4 times smaller than LA.

LA should be much better for its size. Watch out LA phoenix is catching up.
We are america's fastes growing city. and we are changing for better everyday.

Something has to have Phoenix that more and more people move from LA, and other places, yes it is hot as hell for 3 months, but after that it is nice.
watch out LA? since when is phoenix growing that fast???
kevin22 no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:28 PM   #58
fredcalif

Quote:
i think phoenix should be compared with charlotte, NC or atlanta but not LA, the last thing we need is phoenix being compared to NYC.
Well you are one who is comparing MIami to Ny before.

NY, Chicago and SF are on a different level.
After that all of the cities can be compare.

I really don't see anything special in Miami, Houston, Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta, LA, or Charlotte.
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #59
LANative
Smile!

L.A. and Phoenix shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Last edited by LANative; June 13th, 2007 at 11:04 PM.
LANative no está en línea  
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #60
kevin22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcalif View Post
Well you are one who is comparing MIami to Ny before.

NY, Chicago and SF are on a different level.
After that all of the cities can be compare.

I really don't see anything special in Miami, Houston, Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta, LA, or Charlotte.
k fred, whatever u say
kevin22 no está en línea  

Closed Thread