daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 25th, 2017, 10:04 PM   #1981
Joshua27

Likes (Received): 35

Sorry i moved this topic, this thread does not serve this purpose. I am sorry that the West does not understand that the uncontrolled influx of foreign culture, which does not want to assimilate, changes their everyday life. These are not refugees, but a bigger plan for our community. He ends this thread with this dread and continue the topic of investment and architecture, because it seems to me that Warsaw has a big construction boom before in front of you. Welcome to our city.

RayMcK liked this post
Joshua27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2017, 02:31 AM   #1982
Lad

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua27 View Post
Sorry i moved this topic, this thread does not serve this purpose. I am sorry that the West does not understand that the uncontrolled influx of foreign culture, which does not want to assimilate, changes their everyday life. These are not refugees, but a bigger plan for our community. He ends this thread with this dread and continue the topic of investment and architecture, because it seems to me that Warsaw has a big construction boom before in front of you. Welcome to our city.
Glad you understand everything Mr all know. Lucky rape victims in Warsaw that they were raped by Poles not immigrants.
Lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2017, 06:19 PM   #1983
Ring
Before you die, you see..

Likes (Received): 13098

XIX District, phase III

Entire project

by Bartk87
Ring no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2017, 09:54 PM   #1984
Ring

Centrum Marszałkowska

construction update

by kafarek

by kafarek

by kafarek

[Warszawa] Miasto Feniksa

Urbanista1, Titan Man, Eno, Munwon, Elaks and 1 others liked this post
Old May 28th, 2017, 11:58 PM   #1985
RayMcK

Likes (Received): 148

- edit
RayMcK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:02 AM   #1986
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5285

I'm really starting to like this addition to a historical building:

creates a nice uniform streetface

thanks Salitz

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

HenryKrzem, Munwon liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 03:00 AM   #1987
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

That green colour is beautiful! Is it copper or dyed concrete?
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2017, 01:28 PM   #1988
Ring

Metropoint i Metropoint Office.

Mixed use. The construction will start pretty soon.

Grzybowska 85 is already under construction.

Residential part:

Office Building:

[Warszawa] Miasto Feniksa

pezet, Titan Man, Arvuti liked this post
Old May 29th, 2017, 06:34 PM   #1989
metacatfry

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
The strange relationship that followed, consisting of passionate social media exchanges about politics and a total of €1,500 in cash transfers, was one of many forged across Eastern and Central Europe in summer 2014. They were part of a frenetic, though often clumsy, influence campaign financed from Moscow and directed by Alexander Usovsky, a Belarus-born writer, Russian-nationalist agitator and ideological hired gun in a shadowy battle for hearts and minds between Russia and the West.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/28/w...T.nav=top-news
metacatfry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 03:48 AM   #1990
Shanghainese

Likes (Received): 91

Joshua27

The threat for Poland is his own government. The Government used the culture theme and the prejudices against foreigners to build up an authoritarian state.

Would Poland have been an free market, poland can have so much foreigners as they want, everybody would have a job and more wealth than today. But the government donīt know how economic works and the government donīt know what freedom is. Maybe, Putin will say it to the government of poland .

"Warsaw is also a very safe city. There is no need to be afraid of terrorist attacks or rape"

Ideology. Warsaw also have rape.

And by the way. How protected is the individual of his government ?
The cause of the economic crisis is the policy of cheap money. Artificially low interest rates mean a culture of debt and inflation. This follow economic collapse. The profiteers of such a system speak a you that the causes are different. But that is not correct. Ludwig von Mises understood our monetary system. But the mainstream suppressed his findings.

www.misesde.org and www.mises.com

Last edited by Shanghainese; May 30th, 2017 at 03:57 AM.
Shanghainese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 03:59 AM   #1991
Shanghainese

Likes (Received): 91

The projects of warsaw i donīt like. In comparison with New York, i see that warsaw has not a free market for architects or construction projects. Not very high creativity, not very high individuality. To much monolith structures i think.
The cause of the economic crisis is the policy of cheap money. Artificially low interest rates mean a culture of debt and inflation. This follow economic collapse. The profiteers of such a system speak a you that the causes are different. But that is not correct. Ludwig von Mises understood our monetary system. But the mainstream suppressed his findings.

www.misesde.org and www.mises.com
Shanghainese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 04:39 AM   #1992
FreeeSpirit

Likes (Received): 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghainese View Post
The projects of warsaw i donīt like. In comparison with New York, i see that warsaw has not a free market for architects or construction projects. Not very high creativity, not very high individuality. To much monolith structures i think.
...can you please explain to me why you are comparing Warsaw to New York? This is your chance to show a little intelligence...

born_ejty_siks liked this post
FreeeSpirit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 05:17 AM   #1993
B7rt3k

Likes (Received): 25

Poland Today: Poland's Golden Age of Development?

https://youtu.be/D1HDMNJtYgg

Atrium liked this post
B7rt3k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 09:49 AM   #1994
Rokugatsu

Likes (Received): 1294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghainese View Post
Then I don't think you know what free market is, because Poland absolutely has a free market. Stop spreading your prejudice.
Rokugatsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 04:11 AM   #1995
Urbanista1
Here and Now

I think we need to get rid of the trouble makers in this thread lest they derail news about so many exciting projects in Warsaw. Just to end this topic please, rape does happen in Poland and other crimes, but Poland has among the lowest crime rates in Europe and the world. Poland is within the group of 5 nations with the lowest murder rate in the world (0.7 per 100K 2015). Political protests have made Warsaw less safe recently.

BTW, I don't like the current government but they are not racist in the sense you think. There is widespread fear of radical Islamic terrorism in this country where just 70 years ago millions were murdered during a brutal war. It's a shame that they paint all muslims, most of whom are very decent, with the same brush, but that's the populist reality today. Hopefully this will pass.

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentRe...aspx?cid=19148

Could someone please post more projects, thanks

MJEF, Titan Man, dugiPL liked this post
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:00 AM   #1996
Lad

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
I think we need to get rid of the trouble makers in this thread lest they derail news about so many exciting projects in Warsaw. Just to end this topic please, rape does happen in Poland and other crimes, but Poland has among the lowest crime rates in Europe and the world. Poland is within the group of 5 nations with the lowest murder rate in the world (0.7 per 100K 2015). Political protests have made Warsaw less safe recently.

BTW, I don't like the current government but they are not racist in the sense you think. There is widespread fear of radical Islamic terrorism in this country where just 70 years ago millions were murdered during a brutal war. It's a shame that they paint all muslims, most of whom are very decent, with the same brush, but that's the populist reality today. Hopefully this will pass.

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentRe...aspx?cid=19148

Could someone please post more projects, thanks
I think it refers to me.
First of all I didn't start making irrelevant comments about immigrants on the architecture forum. I didn't write silly things like there are no rape cases in Warsaw. You want to stop that conversation while carrying on that subject at the same time and finally if you posted things like Poland is among 5 countries with a lowest murder rate, post some links as I haven't found Poland even within 10 countries with a lowest murder rate.
Lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:34 PM   #1997
Urbanista1
Here and Now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

Lad liked this post
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:36 PM   #1998
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Spinnaker Tower is moving forward (203 metres)

Old May 31st, 2017, 05:57 PM   #1999
ILTarantino

Likes (Received): 485

I thought it was ~190 m tall. In any case, it's one of my favourite towers in Eastern EU.
Old May 31st, 2017, 07:43 PM   #2000
Urbanista1
Here and Now

I like towers that celebrate verticality like this one. And to confirm it is to be 203 metres high based on current info.

Tags
warsaw, warszawa