daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 05:24 AM   #441
wholagun
Where is my Genie lamp?

Likes (Received): 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluminat View Post
Design is already outdated actually, especially the roof and glass looks rather cheap.
relative to what - New York, Chicago? Warsaw has no shortage of f-ugly grey decrepit buildings.
wholagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:33 AM   #442
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6603

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholagun View Post
relative to what - New York, Chicago? Warsaw has no shortage of f-ugly grey decrepit buildings.
When were you there last? You exagerate.
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:52 AM   #443
wholagun
Where is my Genie lamp?

Likes (Received): 212

i exgerate??? dude look at the photos from the Stadion Narodowy thread. Sssoooo many commie blocks, and, empty spaces in the city center.
wholagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 07:57 AM   #444
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
i exgerate??? dude look at the photos from the Stadion Narodowy thread. Sssoooo many commie blocks, and, empty spaces in the city center.
I was there in June. The city center is quite nice. A lot of these buildings are getting a makeover or have already gotten one. All over now there is more infusion of color. Makes a huuuge difference. Canadian cities could take a hint. Also, Warsaw's architecture is more dynamic than any Canadian city (although Montreal is quite dynamic).

People have to stop focusing on these damn commie blocks. Warsaw and Poland are more diverse than that.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:58 PM   #445
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4542

Quote:
Warsaw have many beautiful and interesting buildings in need of renovation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychlik View Post
I was there in June. The city center is quite nice. A lot of these buildings are getting a makeover or have already gotten one. All over now there is more infusion of color. Makes a huuuge difference. Canadian cities could take a hint. Also, Warsaw's architecture is more dynamic than any Canadian city (although Montreal is quite dynamic).
People have to stop focusing on these damn commie blocks. Warsaw and Poland are more diverse than that.
Well the city center apart from skyscrapers and some impressive buildings is rather dirty and chaotic with huge commercials covering whole facades, graffiti and bad sidewalks this areas around Plac Defilad should be representative but sadly that's not the case atm... perhaps it would be better when they realize all this huge projects starting with MoMA by Kerez.
As for the commieblock areas they are mostly rather well menaged, about 80% of buildings are already renovated for better or worse.
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM   #446
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

Zlota 44

by michal 1701

lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:06 PM   #447
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
Warsaw have many beautiful and interesting buildings in need of renovation.

Well the city center apart from skyscrapers and some impressive buildings is rather dirty and chaotic with huge commercials covering whole facades, graffiti and bad sidewalks this areas around Plac Defilad should be representative but sadly that's not the case atm... perhaps it would be better when they realize all this huge projects starting with MoMA by Kerez.
As for the commieblock areas they are mostly rather well menaged, about 80% of buildings are already renovated for better or worse.
That shit doesn't bother me. I met some Americans around Plac Defilad. They told me they thought Warsaw was great. Stop nit-picking. And believe me, Warsaw is not dirty, at least compared to a North American city. And there's less homeless people than in Toronto.
Name me one ideal city. Even the "great" NYC has demolished beautiful art deco skyscrapers to make way for modernist structures.

Travel a little bit and then make comparisons. Don't come on here to advertise all the negativity.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:19 PM   #448
bprzybysz
BLURRED BY ROBIN THICKE

Likes (Received): 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAgent. View Post
For me that's a stupid idea. Behind the Kaskada Building there is enough free space to build another building.
And the plot behind KAskada belongs to the another developer, BBI Development, which will announce soon project of another highrise.
bprzybysz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:12 PM   #449
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Quote:
That shit doesn't bother me. I met some Americans around Plac Defilad. They told me they thought Warsaw was great. Stop nit-picking. And believe me, Warsaw is not dirty, at least compared to a North American city. And there's less homeless people than in Toronto.
Name me one ideal city. Even the "great" NYC has demolished beautiful art deco skyscrapers to make way for modernist structures.
Travel a little bit and then make comparisons. Don't come on here to advertise all the negativity.
Well perhaps it doesn't bother you but for me it's painful to watch every time I go there, especially that I usually enter Śródmieście from the Wola side which is probably the ugliest with some ugly workshops and huge parking lot, comperable with ugliest American cities probably. Anyway I don't see why should I compare Warsaw with... Toronto all of a sudden Perhaps there's less homeless people but I was talking about something complitely different. Anyway I don't criticize the city as a whole but just some parts of center which in most European countries would be well-kept. At least they demolished KDT and there are some works on the sidewalks so it's already better than few years ago, but still bad.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:45 PM   #450
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5285

well, I agree the downtown lacks some built form cohesion and there is grafitti here and there and the more sidewalks need to be repaired and more old buildings need to be restored, it's true. But this can be said of almost any major historic world city, but Warsaw has just started to catch up. I found it fascinating and my friend from Canada said it felt very edgey and exciting, like you didn't know what you would see around the next corner...Some Varsovians might be tired by this eclectic mix, but personally I think that what damages Warsaw's appearance the most can be fixed overnight - sign, sign everywhere a f--king sign! reklamy! But now finally Warsaw is imposing huge fines on illegal signs so we can see how beautiful this city really is.

When I was in Warsaw in 1995 when the city was really rundown and there was little development compared to now, I must say I found it more beautiful because there were far fewer signs and almost no grafitti - whoever imported this retarded grafitti culture to Europe should be hanged.

rychlik is comparing Warsaw to Toronto because Poles so love to compare themselves to the west and I must say in the case of Toronto I woul;d take Warsaw anyday, with our homeless people, crime, pollution and 3 hour traffic jams....of course it';s not all bad

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:49 PM   #451
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderknabe View Post
Oh dear, Warsaw!

Astonishing projects of skyscrapers, but such a lack of attention for midrise/lowrise buildings. To demolish this well made kaskada-building is a big mistake.
I agree, this building greets the ground very nicely and there is plenty of empty lots in this area of Warsaw at least, wish they would lieave this building alone.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:04 AM   #452
grochu
skyscrapers votary

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Oh dear, Warsaw!

Astonishing projects of skyscrapers, but such a lack of attention for midrise/lowrise buildings. To demolish this well made kaskada-building is a big mistake.
IMHO it`s all because of money - it`s cheaper to demolish those ones, than buy another ground. Plus in legal aspect - it`s very tought job to replace commieblocks with someone else - you have to remove tenants to different location first...
grochu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:22 AM   #453
Iluminat
Redsigert User

and they all have to agree... which they never will
Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:54 AM   #454
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
and they all have to agree... which they never will
I didn't know Poland was so democratic.

In a situation like that, a dictator comes in handy.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 02:19 AM   #455
rychlik
BANNED

A reminder of this structure being built.

This year. Not yet finished.

Old September 3rd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #456
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Quote:
I didn't know Poland was so democratic.
You can't just move people from their property because you want to build a skyscraper there, all developed countries respect ownership rights.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 03:40 PM   #457
DocentX

Likes (Received): 2100

Museum of Polish Jews

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal1701 View Post

Quote:

Zlota 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxNews View Post
"Przy okazji".

Quote:
Część pierwsza

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rio_cg View Post
Już mi się podoba ten widok

Twarda Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboleuS View Post

By andsob

By andsob
Warsaw Spire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBI View Post
Parę ujęć z dziś.

To tyle.

Plac Unii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plac Unii View Post
Nadszedł czas na kolejną galerię zdjęć z Placu Unii Lubelskiej.

Senator Office building

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboleuS View Post

By andsob
Wola Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by karawana View Post
tak to ma mniej więcej wyglądać. Oficjalna nawza, jakże oryginalna - Wola Center
Quote:

Unidevelopment office building

Quote:

Wolf Bracka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polex View Post
Equator Office

Quote:

Green Corner Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBI View Post
Następna relacja z Green Corner.

to tyle
Inflandzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mruczek View Post

A oto stan inwestycji z 20 sierpnia:
Old September 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM   #458
dino2010

Likes (Received): 22

Warsaw is growing up!
dino2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #459
Eno
Unqualified anti-expert.

Location: Toronto / Kraków / South Central Nowa Huta / Pazdanland
Likes (Received): 5409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
well, I agree the downtown lacks some built form cohesion and there is grafitti here and there and the more sidewalks need to be repaired and more old buildings need to be restored, it's true. But this can be said of almost any major historic world city, but Warsaw has just started to catch up. I found it fascinating and my friend from Canada said it felt very edgey and exciting, like you didn't know what you would see around the next corner...Some Varsovians might be tired by this eclectic mix, but personally I think that what damages Warsaw's appearance the most can be fixed overnight - sign, sign everywhere a f--king sign! reklamy! But now finally Warsaw is imposing huge fines on illegal signs so we can see how beautiful this city really is.

When I was in Warsaw in 1995 when the city was really rundown and there was little development compared to now, I must say I found it more beautiful because there were far fewer signs and almost no grafitti - whoever imported this retarded grafitti culture to Europe should be hanged.

rychlik is comparing Warsaw to Toronto because Poles so love to compare themselves to the west and I must say in the case of Toronto I woul;d take Warsaw anyday, with our homeless people, crime, pollution and 3 hour traffic jams....of course it';s not all bad

Well said. BTW, Toronto's sidewalks are in extremely poor shape compared to Warsaw. Plac Defilad obviously needs redevelopment, but personally I found Warsaw's overall quality of public spaces far ahead of anything we have here in Toronto. All that Warsaw needs to do is take down the garish billboards that overtake so many buildings, but the city does look fine. No one will convince me otherwise.
Old September 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #460
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

next page...
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
warsaw, warszawa