daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #641
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

planned-BBI Development (180m)

Last edited by lukaszek89; March 7th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #642
Cyganie

Likes (Received): 47

Very nice, but please don't forget to add whether those projects are u/c, planned or whatever!
Cyganie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #643
wholagun
Where is my Genie lamp?

Likes (Received): 212

Quote:
planned-BBI Development (180m)
First impressions are not positive. I'll wait for future renders
wholagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #644
LoveAgent.
Need new name...

Likes (Received): 259

Interesting article about Warsaw's development boom.

Quote:

Moving up

The Polish capital is now the second city in Europe in terms of office construction activity

Warsaw accounts for approximately 64 percent
of Poland's modern office stock

The office market in Warsaw saw a rebound in 2011 with sector analysts saying growth is set to continue this year. The Polish capital has recently recorded a major rise in lease activity to which developers are already responding by announcing increasingly ambitious development plans.

Capital dominance

According to CBRE’s Poland Office Destinations 2012 report, Warsaw is now the second-most active market in Europe in terms of the development of new office space, ranking above Moscow and lower only than Paris.

“Although Warsaw is far behind Western Europe in terms of total office stock, CBRE underlines that the capital of Poland is ranked as second in Europe in terms of office construction activity, with over 700,000 sqm under construction or planned,” the report said.

Joanna Mroczek, director of research and consultancy at CBRE, noted that the city is currently seeing massive infrastructural work, including the construction of a new bridge and a new subway line, and that its image should also be enhanced due to the Euro 2012 soccer championships.

Warsaw also saw high investment activity in 2011, in stark contrast to the situation in Poland’s regional cities. According to a recent report by Cushman & Wakefield, only one out of the 19 sales agreements for office buildings last year was signed outside the Polish capital.

“The stock of modern office in Warsaw significantly exceeds the total stock of modern offices located in major regional markets,” said Michał Stępień, a senior consultant in the research and consultancy department of Savills.

He added that the capital now accounts for approximately 64 percent of the total modern office stock in Poland. Admittedly, the share of regional cities is growing with the share of Warsaw expected to decrease to approximately 60 percent by the end of 2013.

Development boom

“Nevertheless, it doesn’t mean that the development activity in Warsaw is slowing down. The new supply of offices is estimated at around 225,000 sqm in 2012 and even up to 280,000 sqm in 2013,” Mr Stępień said.

“Warsaw is a clear leader in terms of construction activity with almost 630,000 sqm of modern office space under construction, including a 100,000-sqm tower planned for 2015,” CBRE’s Mroczek said.

She added that the capital has recently recorded some of the best leasing demand and vacancy rate results on the continent. “Given the high number of inquiries registered both from existing tenants and newcomers, 2012 should also be spectacular in terms of demand in Warsaw,” Ms Mroczek said.

Arguably among the most impressive of the new projects will be the office towers that are planned for downtown Warsaw. A number of these have recently been announced by developers and investors including BBI Development, Echo Investment and PHN.

“Our preparatory activities aimed at the introduction to the market of the project on Al. Jana Pawła II are proof of our conviction about the development potential of the capital,” said Waldemar Lesiak, office and hotel space department director at Echo Investment.

He added that his company is also in the process of preparing two other large office investments in Warsaw whose total leasable space will amount to some 80,000 sqm. “Warsaw is the most important office market in Poland and so we are interested in obtaining new schemes in the capital.”
Warsaw Business Journal
LoveAgent. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #645
Ulv
Batiar

Likes (Received): 774

Bigger visualisations of BBI Development:

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #646
intervention
planning inaction

It doesn't look half bad!
intervention no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #647
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6603

Looks pretty cool with me.

Concerning the article- poor Prague. And how the hell is Paris booming???
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #648
wholagun
Where is my Genie lamp?

Likes (Received): 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychlik View Post
Looks pretty cool with me.

Concerning the article- poor Prague. And how the hell is Paris booming???
They get more than enough tourists to make up for it.

Warsaw is a different city than Prague.
wholagun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #649
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5284

Looks like the monolith in 2001 SPace Odyssey. Good for Warsaw, was there last summer, very impressed by what I see, a city under construction.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #650
KamZolt

Likes (Received): 365

The proposed tower looks ok, but it's a bit too bulky for my taste. IMHO Warsaw needs 1-2 slender landmark building(s) (around 250m in height).
KamZolt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #651
lukaszek89
BANNED

Likes (Received): 930

Not bad for me. I prefer simple shapes. Could be less massive.
lukaszek89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM   #652
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholagun View Post
They get more than enough tourists to make up for it.

Warsaw is a different city than Prague.
Tourists? Poland's gotta up the competition
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #653
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4543

Nice to see some elegant, simple tower after all this blobs and weird shapes.
I hope the facade will be of high quality.
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #654
rychlik
BANNED

C'mon, you don't like Zlota 44?
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #655
khoojyh
No more world war !!!

Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonut View Post
Dont quote all the pictures.

Chopin Airport City

165.000 sqm of office space, construction will start next year.
It's huge, but it is too near to airport? I mean the noise from airport is too loud...
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #656
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4543

Quote:
I wait with my judgement to it's completion
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #657
Marbur66

Likes (Received): 10022

Quote:
I personally liked the tenders, but the finished product looks disappointing, IMO. Looks 'plasticky.' I hope it will look ok when the facade is finished.
Marbur66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #658
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbur66 View Post
I personally liked the tenders, but the finished product looks disappointing, IMO. Looks 'plasticky.' I hope it will look ok when the facade is finished.
Only a Polish person could find a fault with such a great building.
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #659
Marbur66

Likes (Received): 10022

Quote:
Only a Polish person could find a fault with such a great building.
I'm just saying that the actual facade looks significantly worse than the tenders. Still a nice building though.
Marbur66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #660
LoveAgent.
Need new name...

Likes (Received): 259

http://www.wbj.pl/realestatenews-583...ht-moment.html

Quote:
PHN IPO: Waiting for the right moment
The state hopes to float real estate holding group PHN this year, but analysts say it's still unclear precisely what the entity will bring to the market

Poland’s Treasury Ministry is hoping the right moment to launch the initial public offering of the Polish Real Estate Holding Group (PHN) will finally present itself at some point this year.

Citing unnamed sources, daily Parkiet recently reported that the IPO of the state-owned real estate company may take place in June. Contacted by Lokale Immobilia however, Treasury spokesperson Magdalena Kobos said no concrete date for the Warsaw Stock Exchange debut had been set, but that the ministry hopes to float the company “some time during this year.”

The Treasury created PHN in 2011 by grouping together 180 diverse real estate holdings whose assets include more than 1,300 hectares of undeveloped land. Many of these are located in the vicinity of major transportation links throughout Poland. The company also owns numerous buildings, including the Intraco tower, one of Warsaw’s oldest skyscrapers.

Valued by analysts at zł.2.8 billion, the state could potentially add more properties to PHN’s portfolio, therefore making it more valuable ahead of its IPO. Grupa PHN CEO Wojciech Papierak has said the company could potentially fetch up to zł.3 billion.

However Ms Kobos said the “package of shares [that will be offered] and the money we will get from the IPO will depend on the market situation.”

Reuters recently reported unnamed sources as saying the Treasury may sell part of the company publicly on the stock exchange and part to a real estate fund, to ensure it meets its zł.10 billion privatization target for this year. In response, the Treasury’s Kobos told Lokale Immobilia that “all investors can take part in the process of the IPO, there is no limitation.”

Uncertain market

Analysts are nevertheless far from certain that the equity market will be stable enough to support the IPO this year. “We don’t know yet if market conditions will even allow PHN to go public,” said Andrzej Kasperek, an analyst at UniCredit.

“We also don’t know what the equity story is behind the company. There are many real estate companies on the bourse, so we have to ask: What is the company bringing that is new? At present it is unclear where the value is and how management will release this value for shareholders,” he added.

Grupa PHN's CEO, Mr Papierak, has in the past mooted the idea of turning PHN into an investment firm, but since PHN owns so much land, analysts say it would need to develop this to realize the firm’s full potential.

Diverse holdings

Certainly, PHN has shown a willingness to engage in development projects, either on its own or with sector partners, and already has a number of diverse schemes underway or in the planning stage.

In partnership with Real Estate Investment Trust SEGRO, PHN will develop the SEGRO Industrial Park Wrocław logistics project on a plot it owns in Lower Silesia. The development will sit on 10 hectares of land and comprise 40,000 sqm of usable space when it is delivered in the first quarter of 2013.

Among other projects, PHN is also planning to build a 150-meter skyscraper on ul. Świętokrzyska in Warsaw. Called PHN Tower, the scheme will offer a total area of 60,000 sqm and function either as an office or as a combined office-hotel project.

While PHN may not be a streamlined, sector-specific developer in the conventional sense, the sheer range of well-located assets it owns and the investment opportunities these afford means the company is well-placed to generate income. Only time will tell though if the equity market will be in the mood to welcome PHN’s potentially mammoth IPO later this year.
LoveAgent. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
warsaw, warszawa