daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2007, 07:20 PM   #201
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-dry View Post
Very impressive construction.
What is the lenght and high (in the highets point) of the viaduct?
You should read the earlier renders...

Anyway, here is the answer "With its 1872 meters lengh this viaduct will be the longest in Central Europe. 23,80 meters wide and the longest pillar will be 80 meters tall when its finished."
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:20 PM   #202
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi-dry View Post
Very impressive construction.
What is the lenght and high (in the highets point) of the viaduct?

Anyway, here is the answer "With its 1872 meters lengh this viaduct will be the longest in Central Europe. 23,80 meters wide and the longest pillar will be 80 meters tall when its finished."
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #203
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
hehe me too! i'm lucky that it's quite near Croatia so it won't be hard for me to sit in a car and drive 2 h to see it
btw, M7 is so funny motorway: it runs threw easy area, not many objects, but then in the middle of it giant viaduct!
The joke is, that it would have been a lot cheaper if the constructers led the highway around the valley instead of going over it... This way the bill is triple...
But now we'll have something to show around...
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #204
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
hehe me too! i'm lucky that it's quite near Croatia so it won't be hard for me to sit in a car and drive 2 h to see it
btw, M7 is so funny motorway: it runs threw easy area, not many objects, but then in the middle of it giant viaduct!
The joke is, that it would have been a lot cheaper if the constructers led the highway around the valley instead of going over it... This way the bill is triple...
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #205
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post

The longest Slovak viaduct over town Považská Bystrica (population 43 000) on highway D1 will be "only" 1 786 m long but it is necessary - it will cross the town, railway and river Váh all in very narrow valey.
BTW I like your viaduct. It is simple and elegant. I hope the Slovak one will be similar.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #206
Qwert

Quote:

The longest Slovak viaduct over town Považská Bystrica (population 43 000) on highway D1 will be "only" 1 786 m long but it is necessary - it will cross the town, railway and river Váh all in very narrow valey.
BTW I like your viaduct. It is simple and elegant. I hope the Slovak one will be similar.
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #207
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
I know its not the longest in the region! We already discussed it long time ago. When I copied this sentence to the render, I forgot to correct it. Sorry! Could you post a photo of your Viaduct here to compare, or just the link? Thanks!
Old February 8th, 2007, 11:46 PM   #208
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
I know its not the longest in the region! We already discussed it long time ago. When I copied this sentence to the render, I forgot to correct it. Sorry! Could you post a photo of your Viaduct here to compare, or just the link? Thanks!
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #209
Qwert

These are the best "visualisations." It's from prapagation buletin but I'm not sure if they are still actual:

Highway D1 Sverepc - Vrtižer will be the most complicated part of Slovak highway system. There will be 20 bridges which will have together 7 kilometres. There will be also two crossings one of them will be whole on bridges because it's behind the river Váh (second largest Slovak river after Danube) embankment.
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #210
Qwert

These are the best "visualisations." It's from prapagation buletin but I'm not sure if they are still actual:

Highway D1 Sverepc - Vrtižer will be the most complicated part of Slovak highway system. There will be 20 bridges which will have together 7 kilometres. There will be also two crossings one of them will be whole on bridges because it's behind the river Váh (second largest Slovak river after Danube) embankment.
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #211
Qtya
sensational

Niiiiceeee... Is it really going to be built? How tall will it be?
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #212
Qtya
sensational

Niiiiceeee... Is it really going to be built? How tall will it be?
Old February 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #213
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3444

Quote:
i know, i've been at Balaton and i was really, but really surprised when i saw that you were going to build a giant viaduct there. i asked mayself "where and why the hell?! have they made artificiall hills to make a viaduct?? ) at each case - interesting and attractive

btw, isn't D1 around Považska Bystrica finished few weeks ago?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #214
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3444

Quote:
i know, i've been at Balaton and i was really, but really surprised when i saw that you were going to build a giant viaduct there. i asked mayself "where and why the hell?! have they made artificiall hills to make a viaduct?? ) at each case - interesting and attractive

btw, isn't D1 around Považska Bystrica finished few weeks ago?
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #215
Qwert

Construction should start in April 2007. The viaduct will be 30 metres high. Present highway D1 ends before Považská Bystrica and new parts have been opened after Považská Bystrica few weeks ago. There is still gap and the traffic have to go through Považská Bystrica which is still only a second before collapse. Highway is not built yet because of some local inhabitants who were against it.
Old February 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #216
Qwert

Construction should start in April 2007. The viaduct will be 30 metres high. Present highway D1 ends before Považská Bystrica and new parts have been opened after Považská Bystrica few weeks ago. There is still gap and the traffic have to go through Považská Bystrica which is still only a second before collapse. Highway is not built yet because of some local inhabitants who were against it.
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #217
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Highway is not built yet because of some local inhabitants who were against it.
It happens all the time! The new subway line of Budapest (M4) is half year (+20) behind schedule because some maniac planed to sell its few square metre property for 1 million Euros. Now they had to move the project with 100 meters because of this individual... This little thing took away half a year...
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #218
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Highway is not built yet because of some local inhabitants who were against it.
It happens all the time! The new subway line of Budapest (M4) is half year (+20) behind schedule because some maniac planed to sell its few square metre property for 1 million Euros. Now they had to move the project with 100 meters because of this individual... This little thing took away half a year...
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #219
Qwert

Yes, it's ridiculous. For example Kia factory in Teplička nad Váhom near Žilina is producing cars but some buildings still don't have even building permission because some owners don't want to sell their land. The same problem in Považská Bystrica, the same in most of Slovakia and probably in whole Europe.
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #220
Qwert

Yes, it's ridiculous. For example Kia factory in Teplička nad Váhom near Žilina is producing cars but some buildings still don't have even building permission because some owners don't want to sell their land. The same problem in Považská Bystrica, the same in most of Slovakia and probably in whole Europe.

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways