daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #2681
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,238
Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
M31 will be pretty useful.
This way M3-M0 will be 20 kms shorter for the bypassing drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't understand two projects;

* Rákospalotai határút 2,2 km => What's this?
2,2 kms long inner city highway connecting the XVth District of Budapest with M0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
* M0 (51-es és M5 gyáli csomópont között) 6,3 km => is this a shortcut at the south side of Budapest?
Yes it is, since today the southern section of M0 does not connect directly with the eastern section. You have to drive couple of kms on M5.

I'll post a map, with the current and upcoming motorway developments till 2013, and it will be much more clear.
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #2682
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,238
Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
I'll post a map, with the current and upcoming motorway developments till 2013, and it will be much more clear.


Larger version:

__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #2683
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,613
Likes (Received): 19404

I always wondered why there's no motorway planned from Györ towards Lake Balaton. Isn't this area a pain in the ass during the summer travel?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:57 PM   #2684
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,238
Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I always wondered why there's no motorway planned from Györ towards Lake Balaton. Isn't this area a pain in the ass during the summer travel?
Sooner or later Main road 81 (Győr-Székesfehérvár+future M8) or Main road 82 (Győr-Veszprém+future M8) should be turned into one. I prefer the Győr-Székesfehérvár-Dunaújváros-Kecskemét version.

But as you know, new government is coming with new priorities... We'll see...
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #2685
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,613
Likes (Received): 19404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
But as you know, new government is coming with new priorities... We'll see...
I hate politics. Traffic needs don't change that fast, but politics do. There's a discrepancy there if priorities are changed every 4 years, especially since road planning is something of the long run.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #2686
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,238
Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I hate politics. Traffic needs don't change that fast, but politics do. There's a discrepancy there if priorities are changed every 4 years, especially since road planning is something of the long run.
We'll see. There is not much to change. Hungary is a pretty small country. I was thinking about your question, when I mentioned this. Today, the motorway connection between Győr and Lake Balaton is not a priority, but who knows what will happen next year?

Anyway:

The current length of the Hungarian expressway and motorway system is: 1118 kms

By the end of 2010: 1321,8 kms
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #2687
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó
 
BND's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I always wondered why there's no motorway planned from Györ towards Lake Balaton. Isn't this area a pain in the ass during the summer travel?
Most of those who come to Lake Balaton from the West enter Hungary at Sopron, and drive along main road 84. I don't know how busy it is during holiday season though.
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #2688
(HUN)RoGeR
MSc of Chem Engineering
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Budapest
Posts: 1,573
Likes (Received): 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Sooner or later Main road 81 (Győr-Székesfehérvár+future M8) or Main road 82 (Győr-Veszprém+future M8) should be turned into one. I prefer the Győr-Székesfehérvár-Dunaújváros-Kecskemét version.

But as you know, new government is coming with new priorities... We'll see...
I don't think there would be a radically new priority list.
The nex goverment will finish the KözOP with smaller changes and for 2014-2020 will create a new one.
That will contain less highway, more main road (bypass), expressway and railway construction.
(HUN)RoGeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM   #2689
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,471
Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post

Yes it is, since today the southern section of M0 does not connect directly with the eastern section. You have to drive couple of kms on M5.
when i was there this autumn, entrance from M5 south to M0 was closed, so all trafic had to go 3 km to the north to the next exit (that one where shopping centres are), make a 360° turn at roundabout and go back 3 km to intersection with M0 (to enter it from direction Budapest centre).
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #2690
msz2
Registered User
 
msz2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kielce; Civitas Kielcensis; Poland; European Socialist Union
Posts: 4,176
Likes (Received): 57

What about E-77 route (in Poland S-7). Will it be upgraded in your country?
__________________
"The European Union is doomed to failure because it is something crazy, utopian project, a monument of pride leftist intellectuals."
- Margaret Thatcher
msz2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #2691
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó
 
BND's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 277

in Hungary M2 is part of E77. It is mostly half-profile expressway between Budapest and Vác, and hopefully the upgrade to full-profile will start next year. There are only very long-term plans to extend it to the North, towards SK border.
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:59 PM   #2692
Fron
Registered User
 
Fron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Budapest
Posts: 1,383
Likes (Received): 1434

M31 construction now visible in Google Earth:

Fron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #2693
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó
 
zsimi80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hungary, Central Europe
Posts: 1,375
Likes (Received): 553

2 pics of M3








(Not my pics.)
zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #2694
toomee
Registered User
 
toomee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 51
Likes (Received): 43

M6 Szekszárd-Bóly

Also the M6 U/C motorway. Now from the junction of M6 and M60 motorway.














toomee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #2695
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó
 
zsimi80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hungary, Central Europe
Posts: 1,375
Likes (Received): 553

thanks for the pics.
zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #2696
scurt/2
rakastan sisua!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ilariopolis
Posts: 382
Likes (Received): 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
2,2 kms long inner city highway connecting the XVth District of Budapest with M0.
Would that be kind of a substitute for the missing western link of M0?

I drove last year to Budapest on M5 and had to cross through the heart of the city to reach Szentendre, where we (me and my gf) stoped for the night. But the crossing of Budapest left scars upon us as we drove through a heavy storm, with a rain with cats and dogs and a darkened sky all the way to Szentendre... It was a nightmare. We strayed away several times, crossed the Danube many more times than we should and obviously missed the exit to Visegrad a couple of times. At the end of the day we were happy we were alive and the car is not damaged at all...

Next day we were heading to Vienna, but because I was really scared to cross the city one more time to reach M1, we chose the scenic route of Visegrad, Esztergom, Komarom and then eventually M1.

So that is why I am so interested in that missing western link which would help me/everybody to avoid Budapest in order to get to M1 from Szentendre and viceversa.
scurt/2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:18 PM   #2697
RawLee
Registered User
 
RawLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budapest
Posts: 9,447
Likes (Received): 1083

No,this 2,2 km long road will do what its description says - -connect the 15th district to M0. The 15th district is in the north,on the Pest side.


Missed the exit to Visegrád? On what? There is no motorway to Visegrád. The road goes through it.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #2698
Qtya
sensational
 
Qtya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Budapest - Brussels
Posts: 15,238
Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurt/2 View Post
Would that be kind of a substitute for the missing western link of M0?

I drove last year to Budapest on M5 and had to cross through the heart of the city to reach Szentendre, where we (me and my gf) stoped for the night. But the crossing of Budapest left scars upon us as we drove through a heavy storm, with a rain with cats and dogs and a darkened sky all the way to Szentendre... It was a nightmare. We strayed away several times, crossed the Danube many more times than we should and obviously missed the exit to Visegrad a couple of times. At the end of the day we were happy we were alive and the car is not damaged at all...

Next day we were heading to Vienna, but because I was really scared to cross the city one more time to reach M1, we chose the scenic route of Visegrad, Esztergom, Komarom and then eventually M1.

So that is why I am so interested in that missing western link which would help me/everybody to avoid Budapest in order to get to M1 from Szentendre and viceversa.
You should use M0 east...
__________________
„A nemzet csak akkor remélhet egy jobb jövőben, ha polgárai képesek közös erőfeszítéssel felelősséget vállalni a közjóért.”

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #2699
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,613
Likes (Received): 19404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
You should use M0 east...
M0 East didn't open until september 2008. Good chance he was there before it opened.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #2700
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,471
Likes (Received): 3438

aboutr M6/M60 intersection - is there gonna be an of ramp (so M6 keeps main direction and continues to HR), or totso (main direction would be to Pécs, and off ramp would lead to continue on M6 to HR)?
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium