daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #261
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes View Post
Btw, what do you think, will the new part of M0 be built on time? They were lucky with the weather, hopefully it continues to be so, but if they wont be able to finish it, thats big trouble.
You know last year, around october works on the eastern sector stopped for nearly two months, because of some mistakes in the Environmental authorization... You might remember the "huge" mistake. There were more intersections displayed in the final authorization instead of the the actual quantity that is being built... During the authorization process because of ENVIRONMENTAL REASONS the National Freeway Developer Inc. (Na Rt) removed one intersection from the program but forgot to erase it from the final paperwork...
So they had to carry through the whole process again!
Yeah, You are right they were lucky with the weather, so I hope they earned enough time to catch up.
The northern sector with the new bridge is on or ahead of schedule.
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #262
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Btw, what do you think, will the new part of M0 be built on time? They were lucky with the weather, hopefully it continues to be so, but if they wont be able to finish it, thats big trouble.
You know last year, around october works on the eastern sector stopped for nearly two months, because of some mistakes in the Environmental authorization... You might remember the "huge" mistake. There were more intersections displayed in the final authorization instead of the the actual quantity that is being built... During the authorization process because of ENVIRONMENTAL REASONS the National Freeway Developer Inc. (Na Rt) removed one intersection from the program but forgot to erase it from the final paperwork...
So they had to carry through the whole process again!
Yeah, You are right they were lucky with the weather, so I hope they earned enough time to catch up.
The northern sector with the new bridge is on or ahead of schedule.
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #263
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2782

Oh dear, didnt know about this. They were all claiming that the Greens are responsible for the delay. Anyways, good news, GO M0!!
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #264
Bikes
sababa

Oh dear, didnt know about this. They were all claiming that the Greens are responsible for the delay. Anyways, good news, GO M0!!
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #265
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
You probably were abroad till yesterday, because itt was all around the news.
I was out for some time too, but the Index Portal , and mno online focused pretty much attention to this "little" accident.

Sometimes the Greens are right but on the oder side they can be a hell of a pain in the ass...
Old March 7th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #266
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
You probably were abroad till yesterday, because itt was all around the news.
I was out for some time too, but the Index Portal , and mno online focused pretty much attention to this "little" accident.

Sometimes the Greens are right but on the oder side they can be a hell of a pain in the ass...
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #267
Bikes
sababa

Actually i just came back from London not so long ago. Agreed about the greenies
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:46 PM   #268
Bikes
sababa

Actually i just came back from London not so long ago. Agreed about the greenies
Old March 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #269
Qtya
sensational

M0 - Main road 11 intersection

A part of the main road 11 - M0 intersection is slowly nearing complition...

Old March 17th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #270
Qtya
sensational

M0 - Main road 11 intersection

A part of the main road 11 - M0 intersection is slowly nearing complition...

Old March 18th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #271
Ady

Likes (Received): 53

Amendments in the Hungarian highway system.

I know it's too late, for example the M6 is already being built. I think the principal flaw in the Hungarian (two lane) main road system was that all main roads were centered towards Budapest. Of course the reason for this was that the capital is an agglomeration of 2,5-3 million in a country of merely 10 million. But this infrastructure makes the countryside even more dependent on the capital. What is currently being done, is laying the highway grid parallel to the main road system, at 10-20 km max, save a few exceptions. This only reinforces the current situation, with all it's deficiencies. The M8 and M9 are positive exceptions. I'll point out the highways, which I think could have been planned more efficiently, and why:

-With the highways in black I largely agree, although here too, I could imagine improvements, for example the M7 would be more efficient if it would run at 20-30 km from lake Balaton, because it could serve a much larger area (~30 km to both sides), than it currently does, because, well, not many people live in the water of lake Balaton, at least not permanently
-The M86 in green is OK untill Szombathely, but it puzzles me why it should not be connected to Graz, Austria. Of course, there is the M8, but it is much longer, so it will take years before Budapest and the Steiermark region have a direct connection, instead the M86 provides a quicker solution.
-The M15 in orange should be prolonged to connect with the M86
-The M9 in Red needs some major adjustments. First of all, it should connect Sopron with Vienna, which is only logical, since in the Austrian side the A3 already almost reaches the Hungarian border. From Kaposvar it should not go straight to Szekszard, but connect to Pecs, which is the main city of southern Transdanubia. Furthermore, it should connect Szeged with Debrecen, thus creating a direct link between 3 of Hungary's 5 largest cities: Debrecen, Szeged and Pecs.
-The biggest planning error of all is the M6 in purple. It should not start in Budapest, but in Gyor! Because it crosses the M7 near Szekesfehervar, there is still a direct connection from Budapest to southern Transdanubia, which is hardly longer, than the currently built M6. But, and this is a huge bonus, there is also a direct connection from the Vienna/Bratislava/Gyor triangle to Pecs and Eastern Croatia/Slavonia, and, this is very important, because even if the M0/south is widened to 2x3lanes, it will be overburdened in 5-10 more years, an alternative route from Vienna to Belgrade, bypassing Budapest, via the M6/M9.
-The M8 in yellow should be extended to Eger, thus creating a second ring, at ~50-100 km around Budapest, consisting of parts of the M6 and M8. This also creates a direct highway link between the northeast (Miskolc, Nyiregyhaza, Eger) and the center and south of the country.
-The M43 in pink should connect to Timisoara, which is by far the largest and most important city in Southwest Romania/Banat, not Arad.
-Finally, the M3x in brown should connect Nyireghaza with Satu Mare and Baia Mare, two major cities in northwest Transylvania.

Ady no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2007, 01:51 AM   #272
Ady

Amendments in the Hungarian highway system.

I know it's too late, for example the M6 is already being built. I think the principal flaw in the Hungarian (two lane) main road system was that all main roads were centered towards Budapest. Of course the reason for this was that the capital is an agglomeration of 2,5-3 million in a country of merely 10 million. But this infrastructure makes the countryside even more dependent on the capital. What is currently being done, is laying the highway grid parallel to the main road system, at 10-20 km max, save a few exceptions. This only reinforces the current situation, with all it's deficiencies. The M8 and M9 are positive exceptions. I'll point out the highways, which I think could have been planned more efficiently, and why:

-With the highways in black I largely agree, although here too, I could imagine improvements, for example the M7 would be more efficient if it would run at 20-30 km from lake Balaton, because it could serve a much larger area (~30 km to both sides), than it currently does, because, well, not many people live in the water of lake Balaton, at least not permanently
-The M86 in green is OK untill Szombathely, but it puzzles me why it should not be connected to Graz, Austria. Of course, there is the M8, but it is much longer, so it will take years before Budapest and the Steiermark region have a direct connection, instead the M86 provides a quicker solution.
-The M9 in Red needs some major adjustments. First of all, it should connect Sopron with Vienna, which is only logical, since in the Austrian side the A3 already almost reaches the Hungarian border. From Kaposvar it should not go straight to Szekszard, but connect to Pecs, which is the main city of southern Transdanubia. Furthermore, it should connect Szeged with Debrecen, thus creating a direct link between 3 of Hungary's 5 largest cities: Debrecen, Szeged and Pecs.
-The biggest planning error of all is the M6 in purple. It should not start in Budapest, but in Gyor! Because it crosses the M7 near Szekesfehervar, there is still a direct connection from Budapest to southern Transdanubia, which is hardly longer, than the currently built M6. But, and this is a huge bonus, there is also a direct connection from the Vienna/Bratislava/Gyor triangle to Pecs and Eastern Croatia/Slavonia, and, this is very important, because even if the M0/south is widened to 2x3lanes, it will be overburdened in 5-10 more years, an alternative route from Vienna to Belgrade, bypassing Budapest, via the M6/M9.
-The M8 in yellow should be extended to Eger, thus creating a second ring, at ~50-100 km around Budapest, consisting of parts of the M6 and M8. This also creates a direct highway link between the northeast (Miskolc, Nyiregyhaza, Eger) and the center and south of the country.
-The M43 in pink should connect to Timisoara, which is by far the largest and most important city in Southwest Romania/Banat, not Arad.
-Finally, the M3x in brown should connect Nyireghaza with Satu Mare and Baia Mare, two major cities in northwest Transylvania.

Old March 18th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #273
Qtya
sensational

WELCOME MY FRIEND!!!
Old March 18th, 2007, 07:01 AM   #274
Qtya
sensational

WELCOME MY FRIEND!!!
Old March 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #275
Ady

Thank you for the warm welcome When you sobered out I'm also very curious if you have any comments on my post I hope to get drunk only next weekend when I have a date with a hot Russian chick
Sorry, had to try out all the smilies
Old March 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #276
Ady

Thank you for the warm welcome When you sobered out I'm also very curious if you have any comments on my post I hope to get drunk only next weekend when I have a date with a hot Russian chick
Sorry, had to try out all the smilies
Old March 18th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #277
Qtya
sensational

Two photos of the common section of the M1-M7 highway.

Old March 18th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #278
Qtya
sensational

Two photos of the common section of the M1-M7 highway.

Old March 18th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #279
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady View Post

You are right Ady in almost all of your statements. It is vital for Hungary that someone powerfull enough from the prevailing governments to have the courage and will to push through a proposition that redefines Hungary's transportation planes. Our country inherited the current - all main roads centered towards Budapest - system from the days of the Monarchy. And after the trianon treaty noone realized those plans are no longer actual for the much smaller counry. (Ok I know, in the communist era it was vital for the system to sustain the regional separation and keep the regional connections with mainly the capital -> Leadership theory. So they had no intention changing it, but THANKS GOD the commie era is OVER!!! ). Years ago a türkish company planned to build the "southern highway" (todays M9), and I was so confident and happy... But nothing happend. And its a shame that since than its still not a priority to ease the huge traffic going through the M0 and Budapest by building a second (and third) ring road in the country. Not to mention what a positive economical effect would a highway generate with the connecting of neighbouring and farther counties with eachother and not just with Budapest...
I like the idea of moving the start of the M6 highway to Győr. A highway connecting the M1-M15 directly with M7, M8 at Székesfehérvár and the current M6 (IMO) at Dunaújváros would boost the regions economy pretty well. And last but not least, not everyone want's to go to Budapest... We know pretty well Hungary is a transit country.
Old March 18th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #280
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady View Post

You are right Ady in almost all of your statements. It is vital for Hungary that someone powerfull enough from the prevailing governments to have the courage and will to push through a proposition that redefines Hungary's transportation planes. Our country inherited the current - all main roads centered towards Budapest - system from the days of the Monarchy. And after the trianon treaty noone realized those plans are no longer actual for the much smaller counry. (Ok I know, in the communist era it was vital for the system to sustain the regional separation and keep the regional connections with mainly the capital -> Leadership theory. So they had no intention changing it, but THANKS GOD the commie era is OVER!!! ). Years ago a türkish company planned to build the "southern highway" (todays M9), and I was so confident and happy... But nothing happend. And its a shame that since than its still not a priority to ease the huge traffic going through the M0 and Budapest by building a second (and third) ring road in the country. Not to mention what a positive economical effect would a highway generate with the connecting of neighbouring and farther counties with eachother and not just with Budapest...
I like the idea of moving the start of the M6 highway to Győr. A highway connecting the M1-M15 directly with M7, M8 at Székesfehérvár and the current M6 (IMO) at Dunaújváros would boost the regions economy pretty well. And last but not least, not everyone want's to go to Budapest... We know pretty well Hungary is a transit country.

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways