daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #3101
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

I want to make a large castle (and motorway )-seeing tour of slovensko in may...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM   #3102
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

http://hir3.hu/index.php?hir=magazin&hirid=38325&kat=9

In 2010 first quarter, 298.944.491 litres of benzine was consumed,counting with 300 HUF price and 55% tax rate,that is 49.325.841.015 HUF,so about 167 billion HUF a year. Even if I add gasoline (345,4 million litres),thats only ~500 billion per year.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #3103
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

don't be so disingenuous RawLee...

you know perfectly well the full list of taxes and pseudo-taxes (speeding tickets for example), and if you add them all up, it comes close to if not over 3 bn eur / year

but let's make a list, shall we?
- import tariff on non-european cars
- VAT on new cars
- registration tax on new and imported cars
- tax every time you sell the car (including the first time)
- forced to prove the origin and pay for it every time you sell the car (including the first time)
- pay for the paperwork every time you sell the car (including the first time)
- forced to check and pay for green card and mechanical test every other year
- forced to pay insurance(s)
- pay "weight tax" every 6 months
- extra fuel tax
- VAT on fuel
- VAT on extra fuel tax
- pay extra for using express roads
- pay extra for all roads if you are a spedotr
- pay extra for parking
- pay speeding tickets which are a de-facto tax
- pay even when your cars lifecycle ends!!!

and i'm sure i've forgotten a lot

add all that up and you get well over 3 bn eur / year imho in tax revenue

now, how much are we spending on the roads?..
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #3104
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
thats only ~500 billion per year.
only???

thats ******* lot, we spend only fractions on roads...

dont come with the megalomanic-stupiditic M6!!, that wasnt built for traffic, that was built for the economy!!
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #3105
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

I find it hard to believe Hungary consumes about 1.2 billion liters of gasoline per year while a single gas station in Luxembourg sells 200 million liters per year. This would mean the world's busiest gas station on a 60,000 AADT motorway sells as much as 17% of the entire Hungarian 10 million population fuel consumption...
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #3106
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
you know perfectly well the full list of taxes and pseudo-taxes (speeding tickets for example), and if you add them all up, it comes close to if not over 3 bn eur / year
I think its somewhere between 2bn-3bn eur...

but I wouldnt count VAT, its a general tax for consumption, so it have to be calculated to the general budget...

and I wouldnt calculate the liability insurance: it doesnt generate direct state income (theres no VAT on insurance)
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #3107
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Some countries impose tax on insurance. For example in the Netherlands it's 7.5%
Old April 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #3108
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I find it hard to believe Hungary consumes about 1.2 billion liters of gasoline per year...
well, we are a poor country on the border of the balkan...

and its not 1.2bn L, its about 2bn...
(only 85% of fuel stations was counted, and summer consumption is higher...)

and its only the gasoline, the diesel consumption is another 2bn L...

Quote:
while a single gas station in Luxembourg sells 200 million liters per year...
I dont think that a fuel station in a tax-paradise mini-state full of fuel-tourists is an appropriate example...

Last edited by H123Laci; April 20th, 2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #3109
Doctor Wu

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
so you will be in tranzit...

and whats your destination?
more or less like this

BTW
can you .hu guys help me find the webcam showing Röszke - Horgos border checkpoint? I've heard that this point is often heavily crowded. I would like to have a choice and know if I could stay on M5 or better move to Tompa -Kelebija.
Or maybe there is a telephone number where I could call to get proper informations about border situation?
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #3110
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Wu View Post
more or less like this
Mamma mia, thats a bloody long route...

(travel time is 34h according to google...)

to how many stages do you want to divide it? 2 or 3?

Quote:
BTWcan you .hu guys help me find the webcam showing Röszke - Horgos border checkpoint? I've heard that this point is often heavily crowded. I would like to have a choice and know if I could stay on M5 or better move to Tompa -Kelebija.
Or maybe there is a telephone number where I could call to get proper informations about border situation?
I think theres no webcam at Röszke...
(webcams on state operated motorways)

but heres the website of the M5 operator
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #3111
Atza

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
can you .hu guys help me find the webcam showing Röszke - Horgos border checkpoint? I've heard that this point is often heavily crowded. I would like to have a choice and know if I could stay on M5 or better move to Tompa -Kelebija.
Unfortunately no webcam on Röszke border checkpoint

http://internet.kozut.hu/kozlekedokn...ebkamerak.aspx

but there are border informations here:

http://www.police.hu/hatarinfo/varakozas.html

no english

Watch: Személyforgalom (perc)(minute)
Be: into Hungary
Ki: into Srbija
Atza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #3112
Doctor Wu

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
Mamma mia, thats a bloody long route...

(travel time is 34h according to google...)

to how many stages do you want to divide it? 2 or 3?

I think theres no webcam at Röszke...
(webcams on state operated motorways)

but heres the website of the M5 operator
well, as we are no more young and strong, and have never been to Hungary, Serbia, Greece, we will travel with two stops, in Vojvodina and northern Greece, staring at wonderful landscapes, tasting marvellous food and wine.

Seems that the link to AKA should be helpful - they have a phone that maybe I could use.
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #3113
Doctor Wu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atza View Post

but there are border informations here:

http://www.police.hu/hatarinfo/varakozas.html

no english

Watch: Személyforgalom (perc)(minute)
Be: into Hungary
Ki: into Srbija
Do these zeros in the table mean minutes of waiting?
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #3114
(HUN)RoGeR
MSc of Chem Engineering

Likes (Received): 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I find it hard to believe Hungary consumes about 1.2 billion liters of gasoline per year while a single gas station in Luxembourg sells 200 million liters per year. This would mean the world's busiest gas station on a 60,000 AADT motorway sells as much as 17% of the entire Hungarian 10 million population fuel consumption...
Hungary's gasoline demand is only 1,5 million t/year. And there's a 3 million t/year diesel demand also.
(HUN)RoGeR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #3115
eucitizen

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
more or less like this

BTW
As I go often to Serbia through Hungary i can tell you that usually there are no problems when you leave HU for SRB the checks are fast, the problem is on the way back where hungarian custom checks every car fro alkohol and cigarettes. On the way back you should use Kelebija.
For SRB-MK border there are no queues usually....the macedonian custom officers usually asks where you go if you tell them that you go to Greece they just wave at you....to enter MK you can use the id card...only for SRB you need the passport.
eucitizen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #3116
Atza

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Do these zeros in the table mean minutes of waiting?
yes
Atza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #3117
Doctor Wu

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucitizen View Post
As I go often to Serbia through Hungary i can tell you that usually there are no problems when you leave HU for SRB the checks are fast, the problem is on the way back where hungarian custom checks every car fro alkohol and cigarettes. On the way back you should use Kelebija.
For SRB-MK border there are no queues usually....the macedonian custom officers usually asks where you go if you tell them that you go to Greece they just wave at you....to enter MK you can use the id card...only for SRB you need the passport.
Hm...
My plans are just opposite - going south I will go thru Tompa, and back north thru Horgos, I have to consider what you've written.
On some other forum people wrote that in summer weekends there is a lot of Turkish cars driving home, and they make a crowd. I will go there on Saturday late afternoon. Maybe someone will share their experiences please?
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #3118
and802

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Hm...
My plans are just opposite - going south I will go thru Tompa, and back north thru Horgos, I have to consider what you've written.
On some other forum people wrote that in summer weekends there is a lot of Turkish cars driving home, and they make a crowd. I will go there on Saturday late afternoon. Maybe someone will share their experiences please?
first of all. this is wrong thread for you. you should rather go to Serbian thread, because there are no queues on Hungarian side.

specially read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Serbia-Hungary border, July 11th

Have a pleasant drive
and that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindenthaler View Post
Probably a 6-7 hours drive (Horgoš-Belgrade 2 Hours, Belgrade-Zaječar 3-4 Hours if u drive normal)

HU/SRB (Röszke/Horgoš) is currently heavy overloaded, you have to wait 5-6 hours to cross the border because of touristic season. But if u dont mind u can switch to Tompa/Kelebija which is around 30km westward from szeged, there you only need max 20 min to cross border, drive to subotica and swtich back to E-75 but this time on serbian side.

[IMG]http://i28.************/33wxid5.jpg[/IMG]

It s acceptable but not perfect condition.

Unfortunately you have to expect it As I remember not all was reconstructed there, but it s.. "driveable".

Maybe the best time d be to enter Serbia around 3-4 in morning sou you have a relatively empty highway and you have a good chance to miss traffic peak hour in Belgrade which can be stressy.

Another advice - if you want to refill your gas, go to OMV, ELP or ECO petrol gas stations.

anyway... I crossed SRB/HU border last year during summer time. I was afraid of long queue at the border I and chose the small border post Tompa/Kelebija. literally one-car queue. I believe I made right choice, 'cause within Serbia (on the way to SRB/HU border) I overpassed around 700 Turkish cars.
and802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #3119
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I think these border crossings are only very busy during the peak holiday travels... like Fridays and Saturdays in the summer and the days before Christmas and Easter.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM   #3120
gmbh

Quote:
it wouldnt be a 10km long tunnel, it would be a series of 3 or 4 tunnels, so it can be built in 2 years...
it depends on lenght and geology...we build tunnel borik (1 km) and sitina (1,5 km) 3-4 years. and each km 2x2 lane tunnel costs 60-70 mil. €. our PPP1 concessionaire actually promises to open 1,5-2,5 km long tunnels within 39 months from beginning and complete within 45 months. longer tunnel 48-60 months.

Quote:
Petrol tax should be spent on roads.
and people should to pay for elementary school and for breathing too....

there are eurofunds and each country can assign his own priority. e. g. roads.

in agglomeration should be introduce the integrated PT. You buy one ticket and it is valid for suburban bus/rail and for city PT too.

gramercy wrote the list of taxes, but it´s question od tax-politic. We don´t have „registration tax on new and imported cars“ e.g.

BA has one through motorway, but it´s part of two motorways. On the east part was 100.000 AADT (harbour bridge) already in 2005, and widening is impossible. bypass D4 east will be maybe after 2015. your M0 south 2x3 is U/C, M31 will be complete soon. do you see the difference ?

Sk and Hu population density is the same, but the structure of settlements are different. in Sk we have a lot of villages, small cities. It means low traffic density so I. class roads will be very important in future too. but you are building a lot of bypasses and make many 100 km reconstructions and we not. I see the progress on your side of borderland. do you see the difference ?

Have you any link with actual hungarian project list (or map) of m.ways/e.ways and road investments till 2013/15 ?

Quote:
and what would you like?
we have 1,5 priority...R1 is half of southern route. so I would like bypasses zvolen-kosice U/C SOON - there are located eurofunds. and I would like instead of 40-50 km extreme expensive D1 sections D4 east (cca 20 km on flatland with danube bridge) and better roads with bypasses in all country. A few dozen km motorway till 2015 and nothing more I can´t call progress.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways