daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #3441
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee
Traffic of M2 is generatd by Vác and the agglomeration of Budapest, not southern Slovakia.
That`s true, in Austria there are more people from Bratislava. 160 from 900 houses (about 20% of inh.) own Slovaks in Rajka. There are some Slovaks in Bezenye, Mosonmagyaróvár, Hegyeshalom (shalom? something to do with Jews? )

btw, our DPB is going to open new service to Rajka, number 801 probably.

After Vác road is really empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee
M15 and M30 have a few thousand cars a day traffic.
That`s true but this is not so many to build a motorway. Our D2 (connecting to M15) is full profile to the Hungary but it is not full of cars actually, just about 15 000/day, more after junction with Austrian A6 and more after junction with Slovak D1.

For people from Košice it si really good to travel via Budapest, but there is still missing some section of M0 if I am sure(?). NDS is (probably cos of new goverment) going to build R4 from Košice to Milhosť-Tornyosnémeti, it`s just about 16 km and a reason was not volume, but purely political. It was just another chance to get some votes from Eastern people because "they are (communist SMER) building a motoway here for us".

Quote:
ON Slovak side the traffic is so low, actually till Vac the traffic isnt worth to build a full profile mtoorway.
About M15 ,i dont know , probably it isnt still a priority for Hungary to upgrade it to a full profile motorway. And This has nothing to do with politics, which in any case is going to improve with the new Slovak government.
Traffics is very, very low and there are many roads where is motorway needed for now more then this.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #3442
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
Originally Posted by H123Laci View Post
but I think we have to upgrade not this route, but to build the M0north-M10-esztergom/sturovo new danube bridge route...
this route could lure away significant traffic from the mainroad#2...
By the way, SSC (I bet) is going to build new bridge in Komárno/Komárom. I think there would be useful some half profile (in a future) expressway from Nitra (R1), junction with R7, to Komárno/Komárom and then junction with M1.

pics

and also some youtube video which I don`t understand ( I saw also Slovak one)

Új Duna-híd Komárom és Révkomárom között

Last edited by seem; July 25th, 2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #3443
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
and also some youtube video which I don`t understand ( I saw also Slovak one)

yeah, this bridge is important too, but the reason is different:

new komarom/komarno bridge is ONLY to let the transit traffic to bypass the city...

new esztergom/sturovo bridge is NOT only to let the transit traffic to bypass the city but to let the TRUCK traffic to cross the danube...
(because they are banned on the downtown bridge)
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #3444
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
yeah, this bridge is important too, but the reason is different:

new komarom/komarno bridge is ONLY to let the transit traffic to bypass the city...

new esztergom/sturovo bridge is NOT only to let the transit traffic to bypass the city but to let the TRUCK traffic to cross the danube...
(because they are banned on the downtown bridge)
there is also some truck traffic Komárno/Komárom, but not like in Štúrovo/Esztergom, that`s true. I bet all the traffic there is going to Budapest.

Old July 25th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #3445
blogen_
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Hegyeshalom (shalom? something to do with Jews? )
hegyes = peaked
halom = mound

The temple was built on this mound:
blogen_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #3446
seem
Mornar bez mora

Thank you, so nothing to do with Jews..

Btw, do you have some pictures of a new bridge in Štúrovo/Esztegom? And is there planned any roads with higher conditions from Štúrovo/Esztegom to junction with future M0?

PS: I just get the point of whole project of Štúrovo/Esztergom bridge. So forbidden to use the old one for trucks.

Old July 25th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #3447
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Btw, do you have some pictures of a new bridge in Štúrovo/Esztegom? And is there planned any roads with higher conditions from Štúrovo/Esztegom to junction with future M0?

It will be on M10.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #3448
gmbh

Quote:
mainroad #2 (the continuation of M2): 12.000 above vác and 7.000 at the border but I think we have to upgrade not this route, but to build the M0north-M10-esztergom/sturovo new danube bridge route...
this route could lure away significant traffic from the mainroad#2...
between vac and border is reconstructed road with 3rd lane on almost every hill, so this road is able to serve the trucks without widening. but in case of luring away the traffic from E77 you are wrong. Sk mainroad#66 is not perfect but is acceptable (widht is 9,5-11,5 m) and much better than mainroad#76 (without pavements, village next to village so some bypasses are not enough...) plan of motor(express)way 76 not exists at all, maybe after 2030.

Quote:
only partly, transit to nove zamky/nitra must go through komarno (which hasn´t a bypass) in every case. but transit is existing so this bridge is better idea like sturovo-esztergom, roads komarno-bratislava and komarno-nitra are good....our new government has in his program "prepare bridge komarno-komarom to construction till 2014".

Last edited by gmbh; July 25th, 2010 at 04:30 PM.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #3449
seem
Mornar bez mora

I bet all the cars and tucks from Bratislava use M1 to Budapest. Also cars from "Žitný ostrov" use bridge in Gyor. I mean bridge in Štúrovo/Esztergom would be useful from traffic from BB county and in Komárno/Komárom for NR and TT county.

Old July 25th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #3450
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
http://index.hu/cikkepek/0712//gazdasag//esztergomi%20hid_nagy.jpg
another ******* megalomanic idea...

why is not a simple 2x1 girder bridge enough?
Old July 25th, 2010, 06:55 PM   #3451
seem
Mornar bez mora

There is no plan to build a motorway on a slovak bank from R7 expressway to Štúrovo and your goverment is going to build there this.

But I mean they will also plan there some road if you will build there 4 lanes for a few vehicles.

Old July 25th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #3452
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbh View Post
between vac and border is reconstructed road with 3rd lane on almost every hill, so this road is able to serve the trucks without widening.
currently.
but traffic increase would be a problem.
and instead of upgrading this route its better to build a new bridge at esztergom...

Quote:
but in case of luring away the traffic from E77 you are wrong. Sk mainroad#66 is not perfect but is acceptable (widht is 9,5-11,5 m) and much better than mainroad#76 (without pavements, village next to village so some bypasses are not enough...) plan of motor(express)way 76 not exists at all, maybe after 2030.
its not that hard job to build few dozen km new mainroad on the garam/granum valley...

Quote:
only partly, transit to nove zamky/nitra must go through komarno (which hasn´t a bypass) in every case.
yeah, you have to build a north bypass.
we are building the south bypass (between 1 and 13) now...

Quote:
but transit is existing so this bridge is better idea like sturovo-esztergom
transit (truck) traffic cannot exist where it cannot cross the danube, its obvious...

but the NEED for that bridge is exists...

Quote:
roads komarno-bratislava and komarno-nitra are good....
the former road is really good: it is called: M1 motorway...
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #3453
gmbh

Quote:
its not that hard job to build few dozen km new mainroad on the garam/granum valley...
in normal country...here is hard job to build 5 km bypass of Trnava for example.

cars from BP to BA or further use M1, but there are another industrialized destinations galanta, sala, trnava, region of vah valley, transit and the region of komarno-komarom of course. for them is M1 not suitable.

2 new danube bridges in 10 years is sci-fi. but I heard about approved project of cargo ferryboat esztergom-sturovo, it will be realized in 1-2 years... in sturovo is railway station. we can say it´s megalomanic and is almost empty, if we consider sturovo is small city... the state built it for former paper industry. the railway is part of trans-european corridor IV...they can reload goods. then we will see the volumes.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #3454
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
in normal country...here is hard job to build 5 km bypass of Trnava for example.
well, 5-10km bypass is also problem for us, so we often built it in 2 or 3 stages and it takes often more than a decade, but building 140km motorway is NO problem, we can build it very fast and in one stage...

Quote:
2 new danube bridges in 10 years is sci-fi.
with euro funds? nope, its peace of cake.

we've built 3 danube bridges in 7years: sexard, dunaújváros, budapest
(without EU help!!)

Quote:
but I heard about approved project of cargo ferryboat esztergom-sturovo, it will be realized in 1-2 years...

yeah, Ive heard it too, its a good temporary solution...
Old July 26th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #3455
gmbh

Quote:
in our erdf project list (2007-13) isn´t any danube bridge, because is full. that´s why government talk about "preparation to construction".

your principles are confused, last time you protested against M3 or M6 because 5 or 10.000 AADT (I don´t remember exactly) is not enough...I checked the figures of road 76, from sturovo to sarovce (40 km), the result is AADT between 1.600 and 4.500.

it´s possible to talk about 2-3 short bypasses but not about 40 km. so long sections we have only on D1, R1, D2 and maybe we will have on R2.
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #3456
Möre
Jobless traffic engineer

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

we've built 3 danube bridges in 7years: sexard, dunaújváros, budapest
(without EU help!!)
And reconstructing one in Budapest which costs more than a new one. We could have built 2 new bridges with that money.
Möre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #3457
H123Laci
BANNED

yeah, thats ******* expensive...

and we've built a giganto-saurus viaductus, which could span lake balaton...
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:01 PM   #3458
H123Laci
BANNED

Quote:
your principles are confused, last time you protested against M3 or M6 because 5 or 10.000 AADT (I don´t remember exactly) is not enough...I checked the figures of road 76, from sturovo to sarovce (40 km), the result is AADT between 1.600 and 4.500.

I cant see any contradiction...

I wanted NO fullprofile motorway D76, only a simple mainroad on a flat land...

thats not a big "was ist das"...
Old July 26th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #3459
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2535

Both bridges Komárno - Komárom and Štúrovo - Esztergom are needed. Obviously for both bridges 2x1 lanes are enough. The first one is necessary due to increasing traffic volumes since it will be part of bypass of the towns and will. The later one is necessary as Laci said because current bridge between Štúrovo and Esztergom is closed for trucks. This bridge will certainly attract some transit, but IMO it won't be Hungary - Poland traffic, but rather traffic from industrialised Nitra - Trnava agglomeration to Budapest and possibly further to the Balkan.

Traffic Bratislava Budapest will use M1 and traffic Budapest - Poland will probably prefer E77 (M2 and I/66) because while I/66 is quite decent road I/76 is simply bad and not appropriate for trucks, but at least there would be two options where to cross the border. For Hungary it's not big issue anyway, you have to built M10 and upgrade M2 not for transit but for commuter traffic. Slovakia on the other hand prefers I/66 (E77) as the transit route.

Last edited by Qwert; July 26th, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #3460
gmbh

Quote:
I wanted NO fullprofile motorway D76, only a simple mainroad on a flat land...
and do you think 40 km mainroad is for free ?

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways