daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 24th, 2007, 11:00 AM   #341
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9353

Not exactly connected to the topic, but thank you for the information!
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2007, 11:00 AM   #342
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9353

Not exactly connected to the topic, but thank you for the information!
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #343
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Two photos of the common section of the M1-M7 highway.

I've got a question regarding this photo: when you reach the interchange between the M1 and M7, there's also destination Zagreb written (if you follow the M7). When I was there in 1998, there wasn't any sign there for Ljubljana, is it perhaps now? We don't have any sign for Budapest in Slovenia hopefully that will change after 2008...
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #344
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Two photos of the common section of the M1-M7 highway.

I've got a question regarding this photo: when you reach the interchange between the M1 and M7, there's also destination Zagreb written (if you follow the M7). When I was there in 1998, there wasn't any sign there for Ljubljana, is it perhaps now? We don't have any sign for Budapest in Slovenia hopefully that will change after 2008...
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #345
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2770

I've seen Ljubljana written on M7, im pretty sure about this, i even remember that i was thinking its so close that i should just drive a few hours more, and then i can see your capital city
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #346
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2770

I've seen Ljubljana written on M7, im pretty sure about this, i even remember that i was thinking its so close that i should just drive a few hours more, and then i can see your capital city
Old March 24th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #347
Verso
Islander

Hehe, by your car you'd be here immediately (after 2008 actually). Heh, I find it pretty crazy that you have sign for Ljubljana, a city of only 300,000 inhabitants, in Budapest, we don't have sign for Budapest, a city with as much inhabitants as my entire country, anywhere in Slovenia. When the motorway is finished, I'd expect such a sign in Maribor, in Ljubljana, it would still look a little funny, to be honest. Heh, I guess it's a small-country sindrome, everything looks far away. We don't even have signs for Vienna or Venice in Slovenia...
Old March 24th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #348
Verso
Islander

Hehe, by your car you'd be here immediately (after 2008 actually). Heh, I find it pretty crazy that you have sign for Ljubljana, a city of only 300,000 inhabitants, in Budapest, we don't have sign for Budapest, a city with as much inhabitants as my entire country, anywhere in Slovenia. When the motorway is finished, I'd expect such a sign in Maribor, in Ljubljana, it would still look a little funny, to be honest. Heh, I guess it's a small-country sindrome, everything looks far away. We don't even have signs for Vienna or Venice in Slovenia...
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #349
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2533

For example in Bratislava are not signs for Budapest or Prague. There are only signs for Vienna, Gyor (HU) and Brno (CZ), Komárno (Slovak border town on the Hungarian border) and for Žilina. So no signs for any Polish or Ukraine city and even for second largest Slovak city - Košice.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #350
Qwert

For example in Bratislava are not signs for Budapest or Prague. There are only signs for Vienna, Gyor (HU) and Brno (CZ), Komárno (Slovak border town on the Hungarian border) and for Žilina. So no signs for any Polish or Ukraine city and even for second largest Slovak city - Košice.
Old March 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #351
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
maybe soon when will be finished highway from Bratislava to Polish border we will get signs for Krakow or after 2013 Bratislava to Kiev
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #352
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
maybe soon when will be finished highway from Bratislava to Polish border we will get signs for Krakow or after 2013 Bratislava to Kiev
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #353
Qwert

If there are no signs for Budapest and Prague there would be no signs for Kraków as well. Kiev is more than 1000 km from Bratislava, the only sign for Kiev could be in Bratislava airport
Old March 25th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #354
Qwert

If there are no signs for Budapest and Prague there would be no signs for Kraków as well. Kiev is more than 1000 km from Bratislava, the only sign for Kiev could be in Bratislava airport
Old March 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #355
Verso
Islander

LOL

Quote:
I wouldn't miss sign for Prague in Bratislava that much, Brno would suffice, but Budapest should be there IMO (along with Győr). I even saw signs for Budapest in Bratislava when I was there in 2003 (I can't remember if I saw them or not when I was there in 2006, too drunk obviously), are they gone now?
Btw, the only Hungarian place, depicted on signs in Slovenia, is a small border town Lenti.
Old March 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #356
Verso
Islander

LOL

Quote:
I wouldn't miss sign for Prague in Bratislava that much, Brno would suffice, but Budapest should be there IMO (along with Győr). I even saw signs for Budapest in Bratislava when I was there in 2003 (I can't remember if I saw them or not when I was there in 2006, too drunk obviously), are they gone now?
Btw, the only Hungarian place, depicted on signs in Slovenia, is a small border town Lenti.
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #357
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1818

^ You slovenians are so ignorant
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM   #358
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1818

^ You slovenians are so ignorant
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #359
Verso
Islander

^ I bet number of Slovenians who have HEARD of a city like Zalaegerszeg (almost 100,000 inhabitants, close to Slovenia) can be counted with fingers of one hand.

I mean, Slovenia bordering Hungary, that's so odd!
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #360
Verso
Islander

^ I bet number of Slovenians who have HEARD of a city like Zalaegerszeg (almost 100,000 inhabitants, close to Slovenia) can be counted with fingers of one hand.

I mean, Slovenia bordering Hungary, that's so odd!

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways