daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #3661
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Really, I thought M34 would be more profitable than M3 to Ukraine as a motorway. It connects to Uzhhorod and Ukrainian M06 to L'viv and Kiev. One of the most important cross-UA routes.
yes, but if you look at traffic numbers nr 4 will inevitabely reach levels that require 2x2
i would think that most traffic entering at Zahony will want to use the straightest route toward Budapest and that means nr 4 til Nyiregyhaza and then M3 from there

i suppose with electronic pricing you could theoretically price trucks out of nr 4 and force the to add dozens of extra kms through Mateszalka, but that never seems fair to me, and it wouldnt affect cars anyway

as far as im concerned we should align M3 to connect Nyiregyhaza with Beregszasz and M49 to link up the future m3 with Szatmarnemeti

it is puzzling to me that so many of our "experts" want to build so many new 2x2 roads in the area when most of the main roads with proper alignment would suffice for another decade---if we spent a fraction on rebuilding them
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #3662
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19404

I was surprised when I found out M3 wasn't going to Zahony, but towards Berehove, which is a rural and undeveloped area of Ukraine without major roads towards the rest of Ukraine. To me, M3 towards Zahony would've made much more sense. Another route could split off from Nyiregyhaza to connect towards northern Romania. (Satu Mare, Baia Mare).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #3663
gramercy
BANNED

well, its not just Beregszasz but Munkacs as well, wherease Ungvar should be served by nr 4

perhaps we have a different perspective, since all these towns were hungarian, in fact the entire administrative area was
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:51 AM   #3664
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

AFAIK we have some contract with Ukraine that the motorway border crossing point will be at Barabás, because the future Ukrainian motorway will have a different route than the present main road, and will cross the Carpathians more to the South. I think it is in the very distant future when this motorway will be built, so linking the M3 to Záhony is neccessary.
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #3665
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BND View Post
AFAIK we have some contract with Ukraine that the motorway border crossing point will be at Barabás, because the future Ukrainian motorway will have a different route than the present main road, and will cross the Carpathians more to the South. I think it is in the very distant future when this motorway will be built, so linking the M3 to Záhony is neccessary.
Is the interest in Hungary to build a motorway to Ukraine low? I feel sorry if that's true.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:56 AM   #3666
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
M43 is only u/c til Mako bypass, after that, who knows..
From Mako there are ~10 kms to the Kiszombor / Cenad border crossing. So almost there

Are there any news about the Tisza Bridge near Szeged? When will it be completed?
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #3667
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
Is the interest in Hungary to build a motorway to Ukraine low? I feel sorry if that's true.
It's not the highest priority. A good connection of the Záhony/Chop border crossing to the M3 will be enough for many years, as the new Ukrainian motorway is nowhere near being constructed. Connection to Romania (M43, M4 and M49) are much more important, especially M43.
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #3668
(HUN)RoGeR
MSc of Chem Engineering

Likes (Received): 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
well, we wont have much else to do in the near future, but to videotape what we have

not many new sections coming, the morons... 500 kms are needed right now, wanna guess how much is under construction?...
Now we have U/C:
M85 Enese bypass 7,0 km
M86 Szeleste bypass 3,8 km
M86 Vát-Szombathely 9,2 km
M0 South upgrade 17,6 (6,6 + 11,0) km
M0 South shortcut 6,4 km
M43 Szeged-Makó 31,6 km
M3 Nyíregyháza-Vaja 33,8 km

This means 110 km now. A think the new government won't cancel the whole KözOP, that would be a suicidal movement. So they have to finish as much project as possible if they don't want to lose so much money: M2 upgrade, M4 construction and upgrade, M43 and M49 construction, etc, etc.

The new tender of M3 Vaja-Vásárosnamény has written out and I'm expecting the M85 Győr-Enese and Enese-Csorna tenders for this year.
(HUN)RoGeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #3669
gramercy
BANNED

yes, although i must say the M3 Vaja-Vasarosnameny is completely pointless, road 41 from Nyiregyhaza-Vasarosnameny is almost perfectly aligned AND if they are going to build the Nyiregyhaza-Vaja section, that should be enough

they should rather concentrate on the new Vasarosnameny bridge as well as 3 bypasses:

they should also build the full-circle M0 with 3x3 tunnels for further expansion
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #3670
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

M43 almost ready...

Source:

http://www.delmagyar.hu/mako_hirek/m..._arok/2179146/

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #3671
bogdymol
bogdymod

M43 it's almost ready on all sections except Tisza bridge. How are works going on there?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #3672
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

We don't have too much info about it. This article says that it will be opened in early 2011... I hope it will be opened in 2010.
Pics of M43 - main road 47 interchange:
gallery
one of them:

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #3673
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

This article from the 16th of Sept says the local government of Szeged bans all truck transit traffic in the city from the 1st of January 2011, because the motorway will be completed by the end of the year.

http://www.delmagyar.hu/szeged_hirek...edrol/2178853/

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:29 AM   #3674
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1420

to be deleted

Last edited by MHN; September 20th, 2010 at 11:38 AM.
MHN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #3675
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHN View Post
Iata ca la ei se poate!
Wrong thread, MHN.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:38 AM   #3676
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1420

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Wrong thread, MHN.
thanks
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:46 AM   #3677
KaaRoy

This might also be the wrong thread for this question, but since I see there are some Romanians in this forum:

When will realistically be a completed motorway in Romania connecting Hungarian M43 to Arad / Timisoara / and further?

Also, will Romania join Schengen by that time? It would be good to see the second Hungarian motorway connection without any customs buildings, indicating the border by a sign only (the first being M70 to Slovenia).
KaaRoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:00 PM   #3678
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaRoy View Post
This might also be the wrong thread for this question, but since I see there are some Romanians in this forum:

When will realistically be a completed motorway in Romania connecting Hungarian M43 to Arad / Timisoara / and further?

Also, will Romania join Schengen by that time? It would be good to see the second Hungarian motorway connection without any customs buildings, indicating the border by a sign only (the first being M70 to Slovenia).
Romania will join Schengen in March 2011 (if the French won't ban us from Schngen thanks to our beloved citizens), so most likely the future motorway connection won't have customs buildings.

Nadlac - Arad motorway is going to be tenderd this year if everything goes well, so the most optimistic completion date for it would be late 2012 - early 2013. Arad bypass and Arad - Timisoara are u/c right now and hopefully they will be completed soon (late 2011 - early 2012). Also, our Ministry of Transport wants to tender Timisoara - Lugoj - Deva - Sibiu motorway this year so that construction would start at the beginning of next year.
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #3679
KaaRoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Romania will join Schengen in March 2011 (if the French won't ban us from Schngen thanks to our beloved citizens), so most likely the future motorway connection won't have customs buildings.
Those people are EU citizens with the freedom of movement anyway, so I do not see how Schengen membership would be related to this. What is important is your external (non-Schengen) border controls. Some local policeman in Botosani or Tulcea will decide who can or cannot enter France, that might be the only concern to the French.
KaaRoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #3680
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaRoy View Post
Those people are EU citizens with the freedom of movement anyway, so I do not see how Schengen membership would be related to this. What is important is your external (non-Schengen) border controls. Some local policeman in Botosani or Tulcea will decide who can or cannot enter France, that might be the only concern to the French.
Romanian external borders (with Serbia, Ukraine and Rep. of Moldova) are well enforced, and they will be even more enforced after we will join Schengen. That policeman in Botosani or Tulcea will only allow a person entering Romania (and France or another Schengen country) only if it is a EU member, member of a stat that dosen't need Schengen visa or a person that has a visa. This is just a minor problem.

If you read this you will see that French government has a problem with our gypsyes. And to be onest, I understand them. I don't think they like to see this kind of things near their towns, as you woudn't like to see it near you town.

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways