daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 28th, 2010, 01:05 AM   #3841
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Arad is signed on M5. I know this because that is the first sign that I see with my towns name on it when I come home from Budapest. Arad is also signed at M5/M43 junction, and also on M43 (on that short 10 km section that is already opened).

I'm not quite sure, but I think Bucharest is also signed on M5 & M43. In Szeged and Mako I know that Bucharest is signed (on normal road 43, not on motorway).
Thank you for the information. That is all right that Arad as well as Bucharest are (will be) signed on M5/M43/43. Anyway the route connecting two capital cities should be considered as:
M1 - Wien,
M1+M15 - Bratislava,
M7 - Zagreb,
M7+M70 - Ljubljana,
M5 - Beograd (UA - Kyjiv - quite far away to be signed on M3)....

Maybe - two possible routes Budapest-Bucharest could be considered:

a)via Nagylak/Nádlak and Arad, or
b)E60 via Ártánd/Bors and Oradea

The highway across the Hungarian section (M5+M43) could be the advantage for the "Arad-alternative". The boarder crossing in Nadlak might be more important for international traffic....

More also...:
http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arad

Transport
Aradul este cel mai important nod al reţelelor rutiere şi feroviare de transport, naţionale şi transeuropene, din vestul României. Este inclus în Coridorul Paneuropean IV, care leagă Europa de Vest de ţările Europei de Sud - Est şi Asiei Centrale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arad,_Romania

Transport
Arad is the most important trans-European road and rail transportation junction point in western Romania, included in the 4th Pan-European Corridor linking Western Europe to South-Eastern European and Middle Eastern countries.
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #3842
olea10

Likes (Received): 61

Budapest M0 between M6 - M7

Already completed concrete layer. Sorry for low resolution
olea10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #3843
Atza

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
In Szeged and Mako I know that Bucharest is signed (on normal road 43, not on motorway).
That's right

Atza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #3844
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11821

Is there any new deadline for opening the 3 stretches on M0 South? I mean f.e. the new section between 51-M5 is still signed as Dec.31 for opening, which is obviously not true anymore...

The section M1(or M7)-M6 will be ready the soonest, right? Do they start reconstructing the existing old part immediately after opening, or do they wait until the second section is also ready?
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #3845
Fron

Likes (Received): 1434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
Is there any new deadline for opening the 3 stretches on M0 South? I mean f.e. the new section between 51-M5 is still signed as Dec.31 for opening, which is obviously not true anymore...

The section M1(or M7)-M6 will be ready the soonest, right? Do they start reconstructing the existing old part immediately after opening, or do they wait until the second section is also ready?
As far as I know the old, existing track won't be reconstructed for awhile. It is not included in this project.
Fron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:01 PM   #3846
davyl

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atza View Post
That's right

Hello Atza,

After 15 December I will visit Romania and I will pass by Hungary. So, I will use M5 and M43 in my way to Nadlac or Cenad.

Can you tell me if the road is ok now near Szeged? I mean if they opened the second section of M43 and by any chance if they are going to open the section until Mako (but I think is not ready yet, right? The new bridge is not ready I suppose…). Can you make a small description for me of the situation now?

Last year when I visited Romania in Szeged was a little bit difficult to pass (a lot of cars in the city and a lot of works too). Fortunately, my GPS recalculated quickly…

Thank for your time,

Kind regards,

Davyl, Brussels, Belgium

davyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #3847
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9376

Quote:
Originally Posted by olea10 View Post
Budapest M0 between M6 - M7

Already completed concrete layer. Sorry for low resolution
Thanx for the update. I'll check this part out tomorrow too.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #3848
Trilesy

@ toomee (regarding M31)

Awesome road quality. One of the best "concrete" pavements I've seen.

I only wish the scenery would be a little more interesting...
Trilesy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #3849
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Thats how Hungary looks like. Its like a very big field, and 90% of it look exactly like this. Actually, a perfect country to build motorways :-)
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #3850
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

All in all, I love what I see.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #3851
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Me too, but some mountains and probably a nice beach wouldnt be that bad. :-)
Its not a very diversified country in its landscape thats what I was trying to say.

Last edited by JackFrost; December 5th, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #3852
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilesy View Post
@ toomee (regarding M31)
Awesome road quality. One of the best "concrete" pavements I've seen.
I only wish the scenery would be a little more interesting...

more interesting??

this motorway is among the MOST interesting and spectacular motorway sections in hungary...

most of our motorways are on plains thus they are really VERY BORING...
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #3853
H123Laci
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Thats how Hungary looks like. Its like a very big field, and 90% of it look exactly like this.
nope.
the M31 goes through a hilly terrain which is rare in Hungary.

Most of its area is real plain, where every little hill (even the 10m "high" ones) are called "mountain"

Quote:
Actually, a perfect country to build motorways :-)
well, you dont have to build large cuts&fills and tunnels&viaducts, but the high groundwater level and poor quality unstable soil is a significant problem which makes the foundation of the roadbed expensive.
And agregates has to be hauled from quite a distance.

here you can taste it:

Last edited by H123Laci; December 5th, 2010 at 03:00 PM.
H123Laci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #3854
RKC

Likes (Received): 28

only eastern hungary is plains, the rest is rolling, hilly and all sorts, some flat too, but not most of the country. one low mountain we have is kékes at about 1000 meters in the north east.
RKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #3855
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyl View Post
Hello Atza,

After 15 December I will visit Romania and I will pass by Hungary. So, I will use M5 and M43 in my way to Nadlac or Cenad.

Can you tell me if the road is ok now near Szeged? I mean if they opened the second section of M43 and by any chance if they are going to open the section until Mako (but I think is not ready yet, right? The new bridge is not ready I suppose…). Can you make a small description for me of the situation now?

Last year when I visited Romania in Szeged was a little bit difficult to pass (a lot of cars in the city and a lot of works too). Fortunately, my GPS recalculated quickly…

Thank for your time,

Kind regards,

Davyl, Brussels, Belgium

I don't think that you will be able to go on the new section of M43 this month because of the Tisa bridge in Szeged. You will have to use the old road 43 from Szeged to Mako. Yesterday I was on that road and it was extremey crowded with trucks (aren't trucks banned in Hungary in weekends???). The road pavement isn't the best, but it's still ok. On the Romanian side the pavement is much better and the road is a lot wider. I made 1h30m from Szeged exit towards Romania and the entrance in Arad (RO).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #3856
JackFrost
Hun Solo

I certainly did not mean its flat as a table when I was saying its flat. I think its a beautiful country.
But apart from the northeast region, Bakony and Mecsek it is flat and hilly wherever you go. I mean the region around Györ looks exactly like the region in Nyiregyháza. And the region around Szombathely looks exactly like the region around Szeged etc. The terrain is not that diversified like in other countries where you have (high) mountains, plains, sea, forests etc. (Romania, Croatia, Slovenia etc. just to name the neighboring countries).
Old December 5th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #3857
Atza

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyl View Post
Hello Atza,

Thank for your time,

Kind regards,

Davyl, Brussels, Belgium

Hello Devyl,

on the map below You can see the current road network around Szeged. The new date of M43 opening is 15th March so You will have to drive through Szeged.

The road signs show Romania via road 5 but this road is always crowded so i suggest you the way marked by the dashed black line. This route is much faster than road 5. (Only if You will come by car because of red M43 have 7,5t weight limit!)

(Or if You have some time drive through the centre of the city, much more nicer than transit roads

Bye, have a good trip
a
Atza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #3858
RKC

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
I certainly did not mean its flat as a table when I was saying its flat. I think its a beautiful country.
But apart from the northeast region, Bakony and Mecsek it is flat and hilly wherever you go. I mean the region around Györ looks exactly like the region in Nyiregyháza. And the region around Szombathely looks exactly like the region around Szeged etc. The terrain is not that diversified like in other countries where you have (high) mountains, plains, sea, forests etc. (Romania, Croatia, Slovenia etc. just to name the neighboring countries).
i know, i was referring to Laci who said 80% or something like that
RKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 12:41 PM   #3859
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

here is a Hungarian motorway on a coast:

from legifotok.hu
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #3860
davyl

Quote:
I don't think that you will be able to go on the new section of M43 this month because of the Tisa bridge in Szeged. You will have to use the old road 43 from Szeged to Mako. Yesterday I was on that road and it was extremey crowded with trucks (aren't trucks banned in Hungary in weekends???). The road pavement isn't the best, but it's still ok. On the Romanian side the pavement is much better and the road is a lot wider. I made 1h30m from Szeged exit towards Romania and the entrance in Arad (RO).
Thanks bodymol. I have a clear picture of the situation now...Still extremely crowded...I see: a lot of patience is required.
davyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways