daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2006, 07:26 PM   #21
Dziggy

Likes (Received): 1208

That's a really nice map. I like that large viaduct up there. It's amazing! Where is iT?

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:26 PM   #22
Dziggy

Likes (Received): 1208

That's a really nice map. I like that large viaduct up there. It's amazing! Where is iT?
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:53 PM   #23
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor_scg
If you look at the map I uploaded last you can see a town named Zamardi on the south shore of lake Balaton. After it you can see a little green part on the highway. You can find the viaduct there above a little village named Köröshegy.
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:53 PM   #24
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
If you look at the map I uploaded last you can see a town named Zamardi on the south shore of lake Balaton. After it you can see a little green part on the highway. You can find the viaduct there above a little village named Köröshegy.
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:54 PM   #25
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Of course Köröshegy is not shown on the map.
Old September 1st, 2006, 07:54 PM   #26
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Of course Köröshegy is not shown on the map.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:41 PM   #27
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes
Will try to find a jpg map, but on this page: http://www.nart.hu/ you can see all the motorways and highways that are going to be constructed till 2015.
Great site unfortunately I don't understand a word.

BTW why this bridge:

looks almost the same like the Apollo bridge in Bratislava:
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 02:41 PM   #28
Qwert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikes
Will try to find a jpg map, but on this page: http://www.nart.hu/ you can see all the motorways and highways that are going to be constructed till 2015.
Great site unfortunately I don't understand a word.

BTW why this bridge:

Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:04 PM   #29
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 2782

M1 Motorway

The M1 motorway leads from Budapest to the border of Austria, then in Austria it continues as A4 to get you to Wien. The first parts were built in 1964, this is the oldest motorway in Hungary along with M7. Now S1 is built in Austria, which is a bypass that avoids Wien and goes straight to Germany. So basically you can go from Budapest to Düsseldorf or even further only on motorways. The quality of the surface of M1 is top notch, better than A4 in Austria, but it is true for all the Hungarian motorways, they get fixed annually. As for a logistic center for Europe it is inevitable to have good infrastructure that is good in quality.

Okay, so some photos that i found on the net:

The bridges for animals:

Qtya, youve got any more photos? Thats all i found..
Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:04 PM   #30
Bikes
sababa

M1 Motorway

The M1 motorway leads from Budapest to the border of Austria, then in Austria it continues as A4 to get you to Wien. The first parts were built in 1964, this is the oldest motorway in Hungary along with M7. Now S1 is built in Austria, which is a bypass that avoids Wien and goes straight to Germany. So basically you can go from Budapest to Düsseldorf or even further only on motorways. The quality of the surface of M1 is top notch, better than A4 in Austria, but it is true for all the Hungarian motorways, they get fixed annually. As for a logistic center for Europe it is inevitable to have good infrastructure that is good in quality.

Okay, so some photos that i found on the net:

The bridges for animals:

Qtya, youve got any more photos? Thats all i found..
Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:05 PM   #31
Bikes
sababa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert
BTW why this bridge:
Haha, well, im sure you can find plenty bridges in the world that looks the same.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:05 PM   #32
Bikes
sababa

Quote:
BTW why this bridge:
Haha, well, im sure you can find plenty bridges in the world that looks the same.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:34 PM   #33
Qtya
sensational

Quote:

Actually Qwert you have quite an eye. The bridge is being built totally the same way the Apollo bridge in Bratislava was. Probably that's the cheapest way at a bridge like this. But the similarity is way beyond any accident. I dont even remember a conducted competition/tender on the blueprints of that bridge. Perhaps someone in our government liked Bratislava's new bridge very much!
Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:34 PM   #34
Qtya
sensational

Quote:

Actually Qwert you have quite an eye. The bridge is being built totally the same way the Apollo bridge in Bratislava was. Probably that's the cheapest way at a bridge like this. But the similarity is way beyond any accident. I dont even remember a conducted competition/tender on the blueprints of that bridge. Perhaps someone in our government liked Bratislava's new bridge very much!
Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:11 PM   #35
Qwert

So I hope it will have at least different colour
Old September 2nd, 2006, 06:11 PM   #36
Qwert

So I hope it will have at least different colour
Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM   #37
Qtya
sensational

The M6 Motorway Project

The M6 Highway Project from Budapest,Érdi Tető to Dunaújváros is the latest finished infrastructure project in Hungary. The construction works of the M6 started in October 2004 and was completly finished by September 2006. M6, the part of Corridor 5c is planned to be finished through Szekszárd and until the boarder town of Ivándárda by 2007.12. Personally I'm not so optimistic about it. There are quite a lot of problems with the development. But that's another story... So the M6 highway is part of the 5c Corridor which comes from Kaliningrad, through Vilnius, Minsk, Kiev, Budapest, Osijek, Sarajevo and ends at Ploce, Croatia.

I think Bosmal plans to build the Bosnian part, but I havent't heard anything about that part of the project.

The M6 from a Technical Point of View
The Concession Area of the M6 Project includes the section of the M6 from Érdi Tető to Dunaújváros plus a stretch of the M8 motorway from the motorway interchange with the M6 towards the new Danube bridge south of Dunaújváros. On total these are:

- 58,6 km of motorway
- ten interchanges
- one motorway cross between M6 and the M8
- 60 bridges
- one Operation and Maintenance Centre
- two complex and two simple rest areas in each direction
- numerous side roads
- 15 round abouts, 5 along national road 10 along local roads in order to enable the access to the motorway

Here are some not so entertaining pictures of the M6 Highway:

If you have any other pictures please upload them!
Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM   #38
Qtya
sensational

The M6 Motorway Project

The M6 Highway Project from Budapest,Érdi Tető to Dunaújváros is the latest finished infrastructure project in Hungary. The construction works of the M6 started in October 2004 and was completly finished by September 2006. M6, the part of Corridor 5c is planned to be finished through Szekszárd and until the boarder town of Ivándárda by 2007.12. Personally I'm not so optimistic about it. There are quite a lot of problems with the development. But that's another story... So the M6 highway is part of the 5c Corridor which comes from Kaliningrad, through Vilnius, Minsk, Kiev, Budapest, Osijek, Sarajevo and ends at Ploce, Croatia.

I think Bosmal plans to build the Bosnian part, but I havent't heard anything about that part of the project.

The M6 from a Technical Point of View
The Concession Area of the M6 Project includes the section of the M6 from Érdi Tető to Dunaújváros plus a stretch of the M8 motorway from the motorway interchange with the M6 towards the new Danube bridge south of Dunaújváros. On total these are:

- 58,6 km of motorway
- ten interchanges
- one motorway cross between M6 and the M8
- 60 bridges
- one Operation and Maintenance Centre
- two complex and two simple rest areas in each direction
- numerous side roads
- 15 round abouts, 5 along national road 10 along local roads in order to enable the access to the motorway

Here are some not so entertaining pictures of the M6 Highway:

If you have any other pictures please upload them!
Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM   #39
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

i must dissapoint you and say Köröshegy is not going to be the longest in this part of Europe, Austrian Krems (2607 m), Scönberg-Matrei (2107) and Croatian Drežnik (2485 m) are longer. but Köröshegy is impressive, indeed! I'm really hardly waiting you to finish M7!

there is no many photos from Hungarian motorways on internet, so you could publish some of them, right?!

i didn't know that you are working on M6, it's good! and the large surprise is that it is finished to Dunaújváros allready! btw, Ploče is in Croatia, not Bosnia.

and can someone say what is with toll on M5, is it still working, or it is also under vignette system?
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 07:27 PM   #40
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

i must dissapoint you and say Köröshegy is not going to be the longest in this part of Europe, Austrian Krems (2607 m), Scönberg-Matrei (2107) and Croatian Drežnik (2485 m) are longer. but Köröshegy is impressive, indeed! I'm really hardly waiting you to finish M7!

there is no many photos from Hungarian motorways on internet, so you could publish some of them, right?!

i didn't know that you are working on M6, it's good! and the large surprise is that it is finished to Dunaújváros allready! btw, Ploče is in Croatia, not Bosnia.

and can someone say what is with toll on M5, is it still working, or it is also under vignette system?
x-type está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways