daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM   #4621
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,184

Next week I will go on M7 motorway in Hungary. Is there any rest area/parking lot on the direction Budapest -> Slovenia/Croatia which has a nice view of lake Balaton?
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:29 AM   #4622
seem
Mornar bez mora
 
seem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Slovakia
Posts: 8,012
Likes (Received): 79

Just stop for a while in Siófok as we did on Saturday.
__________________
Slovakia-One photo a day

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 07:59 PM   #4623
tonylondon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 308
Likes (Received): 31

progres in hungary is great

hungary has made unbelivable progres since joining the EU good job keep going
tonylondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #4624
davyl
Registered User
 
davyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brussels, BELGIUM
Posts: 286
Likes (Received): 0

Works on M0

Hello guys!

Do you know details about works on M0 near Budapest? When they expect to finish?

Some sections were quite advanced in July 2011 when I passed by M0.

Thank you all and have a calm day!
davyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #4625
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyl View Post
Hello guys!

Do you know details about works on M0 near Budapest? When they expect to finish?

Some sections were quite advanced in July 2011 when I passed by M0.

Thank you all and have a calm day!
I will be traveling soon on Budapest M0-south express-way and by the end of next week I hope that I will be able to bring some pictures for you.
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #4626
davyl
Registered User
 
davyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brussels, BELGIUM
Posts: 286
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I will be traveling soon on Budapest M0-south express-way and by the end of next week I hope that I will be able to bring some pictures for you.
Great!
Many thanks bogdymol!
davyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #4627
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó
 
zsimi80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hungary, Central Europe
Posts: 1,375
Likes (Received): 553

Lots of motorways

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
__________________





zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #4628
gramercy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,823
Likes (Received): 799

only 24 kms left
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:02 AM   #4629
RipleyLV
Registered User
 
RipleyLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jelgava
Posts: 4,652
Likes (Received): 2287

M85 Enese bypass
Update 18.08.2011

Few pictures of a U/C junction heading from Győr.
1.


2.


3.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:27 AM   #4630
RipleyLV
Registered User
 
RipleyLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jelgava
Posts: 4,652
Likes (Received): 2287

M86 Vát - Szeleste

Pictures are taken in direction to Csorna. Map of M86:


1. The beginning of M86 expressway and the start of Vát bypass.


2. Speed limit is 110 km/h.


3. Exit to Vát.


4. Kijárat! You can see the old markings merging with the other side before this side was built.


5. Rajka 108km and Poszony 111km, o rly?


6. Exit to Szeleste.


7.


8. Approaching the end of M86.


9.


10.


Pictures of M86 from June, 2009 in direction to Szombathely: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=2199
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 11:39 AM   #4631
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,614
Likes (Received): 19406

Why not pave the shoulder too?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:16 PM   #4632
Falusi
hanzi13
 
Falusi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Taksony/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 632
Likes (Received): 192

Because hard shoulders are not necessary(soft shoulder is enough) for hungarian expressway standards, and to make it as cheap as possible.

This section (Vát and Szeleste bypass) is 8,32 km long, and it costed 18.05 million €, so it costed only 2.17 million €/km.
__________________
It's Not a Bug, It's a Feature!

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:59 PM   #4633
gramercy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,823
Likes (Received): 799

this was built as 2x2 main road, with 3,5 m lanes and soft shoulders yet they managed to sell the idea that this an expressway, its not

the győr-csorna section will be

under the guise of being economical we are building crappy 2x2s with narrow lanes, hard corners, soft shoulders and no upgradeability for sub-10k aadt traffic instead of true half-profiles with concrete, 3x3,75m lanes, proper corners and level crossings
that would accommodate the 10k-ish aadt, would cost half/twice length and allow upgrading to a proper motorway in 15-30 years time

but this is a country not only immersed in incompetency, corruption and nepotism but actually proud of it

Last edited by gramercy; August 31st, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 04:39 PM   #4634
Attus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rheinbach
Posts: 2,769
Likes (Received): 1039

I seriously disagree. For such roads the main issue is that it is almost impossible to overtake slow vehicles. National road 85-86 just like 44, etc. has heavy truck traffic. If you build a 2×1 half motorway, it will be still impossible to overtake and you don't solve anything - and we all know that in the following 15-20 years we won't have the money for completing such a half motorway.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:07 PM   #4635
RipleyLV
Registered User
 
RipleyLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jelgava
Posts: 4,652
Likes (Received): 2287

M86 is great, but it's too short. Heavy transport would highly appreciate a 2x2 highway with grade separated junctions all the way from M15 to Slovenia, as this route has been adapted by truckers which are avoiding expensive Austrian and German tolls to get from EEurope to Italy. I agree with Attus about overtaking, there have been moments when a tractor, Trabant or some Polish truck (driving >80 km/h) appears out of nowhere and slows traffic down and with a truck it's impossible to overtake because of oncoming cars. Generally road 86 is a pain in the ass, as it goes through every village with a useless 30 km/h speed limit + it was in terible condition, now it's being reconstructed by parts and completely from M1 to Csorna and from Körmend to Slovenia.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:27 PM   #4636
gramercy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,823
Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
I seriously disagree. For such roads the main issue is that it is almost impossible to overtake slow vehicles. National road 85-86 just like 44, etc. has heavy truck traffic. If you build a 2×1 half motorway, it will be still impossible to overtake and you don't solve anything - and we all know that in the following 15-20 years we won't have the money for completing such a half motorway.
not 2x1 half but 2+1 3x3,75 with alternating directions

truck traffic on 44 is not justification for building a full profile motorway for 4-6k aadt, especially since trucks will disappear after mako-arad


as for the financials, how is it prudent to build 75++ percent empty capacity
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:30 PM   #4637
gramercy
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,823
Likes (Received): 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
M86 is great, but it's too short. Heavy transport would highly appreciate a 2x2 highway with grade separated junctions all the way from M15 to Slovenia, as this route has been adapted by truckers which are avoiding expensive Austrian and German tolls to get from EEurope to Italy. I agree with Attus about overtaking, there have been moments when a tractor, Trabant or some Polish truck (driving >80 km/h) appears out of nowhere and slows traffic down and with a truck it's impossible to overtake because of oncoming cars. Generally road 86 is a pain in the ass, as it goes through every village with a useless 30 km/h speed limit + it was in terible condition, now it's being reconstructed by parts and completely from M1 to Csorna and from Körmend to Slovenia.
so basically hungarian taxpayers should shore up the haulers with free and empty 2x2s instead of austrian taxpayers

i dont think so
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:35 PM   #4638
Attus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rheinbach
Posts: 2,769
Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
not 2x1 half but 2+1 3x3,75 with alternating directions
OK, I accept it :-)

Quote:
truck traffic on 44 is not justification for building a full profile motorway for 4-6k aadt
Right, I've never asked for a motorway. However I say a 2×2 national road is much better than a 2×1 expressway.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:40 PM   #4639
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,614
Likes (Received): 19406

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
as for the financials, how is it prudent to build 75++ percent empty capacity
75% unused capacity is still the same as an overloaded two-lane national road... (20.000 vehicles per day). New rural motorways will almost never jump to 40.000+ vehicles per day in the first 10 years. The previous roads simply do not handle anywhere near that kind of traffic. When western European motorways were constructed in the 1950's and 1960's they also used to handle maybe 10.000 - 20.000 vehicles per day, but are now closer to 60.000 - 90.000 vehicles per day. It takes time, a motorway is an investment for the future.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2011, 05:41 PM   #4640
RipleyLV
Registered User
 
RipleyLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jelgava
Posts: 4,652
Likes (Received): 2287

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
so basically hungarian taxpayers should shore up the haulers with free and empty 2x2s instead of austrian taxpayers

i dont think so
Wouldn't it solve traffic problems for local commuters, no?
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium