daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 8th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #4701
Trilesy

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
M7 - M70 interchange:

This sign is a little misleading. Seems like both directions point to Zagreb, but if you look on the map the quickest way to get to Zagreb is to go left (keep driving on M7). If I turned right I would have to drive to Slovenia (Maribor) and then south to Zagreb which would be about 50% longer.

Nice photos though.

Last edited by Trilesy; September 8th, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
Trilesy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #4702
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilesy View Post
This sign is a little misleading. Seems like both directions point to Zagreb, but if you look on the map the quickest way to get to Zagreb is to go left (keep driving on M7). If I turned right I would have to drive to Slovenia (Maribor) and then south to Zagreb which would be about 50% longer.
It seems to me that the sign indicates that cars and buses to Zagreb should go left and that trucks going to Zagreb should go right.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #4703
bogdymol
bogdymod

That is correct. Only cars and busses are allowed to go forward to the new border crossing. Trucks have to go on M70 and then take the first exit so they are using the old border crossing which is fitted for their needs.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #4704
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Nice photos though.
The yellow sign at the roadside some 100 meters further provides additional information for truck drivers. It is not allowed for them to go to the left (M7) but the right way (M70) must be used, and the first exit. They have to use another border station (the old one, actually) and then the same way as cars do directing to Zagreb. It is only a 1-2 kms of detour.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #4705
RKC

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
If I turned right I would have to drive to Slovenia (Maribor) and then south to Zagreb which would be about 50% longer.
well, don't do that, that would be just silly... but unless you're in a truck you don't have to worry about that
RKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #4706
RKC

this is the detour for trucks.

Old September 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #4707
davyl

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Speaking of bad traffic on M0-south, here is a video I've recorded exactly one week ago:

map: http://g.co/maps/3gdb
A little late, but thank you bogdymol for this movie with M0. They still have a lot of work there.
davyl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #4708
RKC

I wonder how many cars/trucks jumped the queue at the M6 interchange using the collector/distributor lanes. I saw quite a few.
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #4709
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyl View Post
A little late, but thank you bogdymol for this movie with M0. They still have a lot of work there.
Someone here sugested this route. I think it's a good one to avoid M0-south traffic. Maybe you will try it when you come back to RO and tell us after that how was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
I wonder how many cars/trucks jumped the queue at the M6 interchange using the collector/distributor lanes. I saw quite a few.
I noticed this but it was too late. If I knew that I can take that route I would have done it
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #4710
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

U/C M3 between Nyíregyháza and Main road 49 (33,8 km) is behind schedule by 11 months... New deadline is 2012 november. The section from Main road 49 till Vásárosnamény (11,9 km) will be tendered next month.

Progress report:

http://iho.hu/hir/majd-egy-ev-csusza...-szakasza-1109

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:05 AM   #4711
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
U/C M3 between Nyíregyháza and Main road 49 (33,8 km) is behind schedule by 11 months... New deadline is 2012 november. The section from Main road 49 till Vásárosnamény (11,9 km) will be tendered next month.

Progress report:

http://iho.hu/hir/majd-egy-ev-csusza...-szakasza-1109
Unbelievable. Why do they set deadlines in Hungary anyway? Would be better if they just say "coming soon", or "construction will be done someday".

And I really hate it that the weather is being blamed always for everything. Its like a slogan for everything. Like its only possible to build roads on cloudless, sunshiny days...
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #4712
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
Unbelievable. Why do they set deadlines in Hungary anyway? Would be better if they just say "coming soon", or "construction will be done someday".

And I really hate it that the weather is being blamed always for everything. Its like a slogan for everything. Like its only possible to build roads on cloudless, sunshiny days...
I agree, but in this case it was common knowledge...

You speak Hungarian, don't you?

The reasons of the delay were already published in the constructor's Q1 magazine...

http://www.colas.hu/index.php/ujsag/mind/

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #4713
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
I agree, but in this case it was common knowledge...

You speak Hungarian, don't you?

The reasons of the delay were already published in the constructor's Q1 magazine...

http://www.colas.hu/index.php/ujsag/mind/
Okay, I may overlooked it. But that doesnt change my opinion that they should care more about sticking to the original deadlines...

Yes, I speak hungarian.
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:35 PM   #4714
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Do you know how strange is for me to see you complaining when you have such a great motorway network?
Because delaying & postponing are just two synonyms for Romanian Company for Motorways (CNADNR).
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #4715
MHN
Romania

Likes (Received): 1420

But you have to admit that things seem to evolve in the last period...
Otherwise, is there something already going on, in terms of motorway works, between Mako and Hu-Ro border on the M43?
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #4716
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ Do you know how strange is for me to see you complaining when you have such a great motorway network?
Because delaying & postponing are just two synonyms for Romanian Company for Motorways (CNADNR).
Okay, I admit I may overreacted but its also true that I won't say a word when it'd be only 2-3 month delay, but thats nearly a year (okay that stretch of M3 is not that important anyway).

But take a look on M0 section 51-M5, originaly it was planned to inagurate it on 12/31/10. (or section M1-M7 where the construction hasnt even began)

M43: constructing of Mako-Hu/Ro border have been stopped last week because of money issues...
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #4717
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
you have such a great motorway network?
Yes, but still nearly the half of it is missing: M0 (M1-11), M2, M4, M10, M43, M86. But its a decent network now, I have to admit.
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #4718
MHN
Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
M43: constructing of Mako-Hu/Ro border have been stopped last week because of money issues...
Thanks for the info.
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #4719
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

Don't belive it, the construction of M43 wasn't even started, only archeological explorations were started a year ago which have been stopped last week due to money issues.

About M0:
- the works are ongoing on the section between main road 51 and M5, but the works were stopped due to the constructor bankrupted last year...
- between M1 and Törökbálint IC the works didn't even started because that project was supposed to build by a private company that was doing a big developement next to the M0 but that company bankrupted as well...

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #4720
MHN
Romania

Thank you for the details.
But the specific contract has been awarded, I suppose... ?!

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways