daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #5041
bogdymol
bogdymod

Which part?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #5042
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11821

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
That route is not very used because it passes through Serbia and we don't have a proper road connection between RO & SRB.
Serbia has plans for a Belgrade-Timisoara motorway as far as I know. Further, when Serbia enters EU (and Schengen zone) it will be much shorter to go through Serbia towards Italy.

As for now, take road 55 if you wanna go to Italy via Hungary. Its not in that good condition sadly, but it passes through no village (except Mórahalom), and traffic is really low there.

Quote:
I drove many times on M5 and I think that it would be fine to widen M5 just from Budapest to Dabas/Albertisa exit in the first phase. After that the motorways is almost empty.
ok, you convinced me, then to Albertirsa.
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #5043
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Which part?
well, 2 million people live in Budapest and half the country passes through Budapest when going anywhere. Everybody profits when Budapest has a decent infrastructure. Please note that Budapest has only 2 subways (yet), and no S-Bahn system which is by far not enough for serving 2 million people. Same goes for roads, bridges, parking lots, everything.
Old March 25th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #5044
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
well, 2 million people live in Budapest and half the country passes through Budapest when going anywhere. Everybody profits when Budapest has a decent infrastructure. Please note that Budapest has only 2 subways (yet), and no S-Bahn system which is by far not enough for serving 2 million people. Same goes for roads, bridges, parking lots, everything.
I never said that Budapest doesn't need investments. It needs! I've been there and I can say that they need the upgrade of M0-south, closing the M0 at north-west, a Danube bridge, (new metro system I know that it's u/c).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #5045
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
I never said that Budapest doesn't need investments. It needs! I've been there and I can say that they need the upgrade of M0-south, closing the M0 at north-west, a Danube bridge, (new metro system I know that it's u/c).
I never said you never said

It needs much more than that, believe me. I dont want to go in details about the metro system since this is a road thread, but f.e. Barcelona has I believe 13 (!) lines, and its not even a capitol.

Like I said, its approx 30 years behind of what is called infrastructure today.
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #5046
Puležan

Likes (Received): 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post

why not constructing A5 instead? When the bosnians to their part it could be a nice alternative to M7/A4/A1 to get to southern Croatia. Also M6 could carry more traffic.

But I really doubt there will be ever that much traffic between Zagreb-Pécs to justify extending M60.
Croatian A5 has connected Osijek (4th largest city) with the rest of our network, and the missing part towards H border (about 20 km) will be done when the financial situation recovers. Like your M6, our A5 is also sadly empty (3000 aadt), because there's no much traffic between BIH and Hungary. So today its only purpose is to connect Osijek.

On the other hand, A13 is important to connect Bjelovar (pop. 40 000) with Zagreb, so it is now under construction. I think this could become an interesting route between Trieste (Italy in general), following slovenian A1 and A2, croatian A3, A4, A13, hungarian M60, future M9 and M43 to Arad in Romania. The route would be entirely in EU (and in schengen in couple of years), so this is a plus comparing to route through Serbia
Puležan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #5047
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Okay, but this connection already exists through Hungary as M43/55/M6/M60/6.
Nobody really uses that route. I didnt see any international traffic on road 55 at all last time I drove there. Again we would have a motorway without cars.

Also consider, that the route via Serbia will become very attractive the minute Serbia enters EU, which will probably happen before Hungary even finishes paperwork with M9.
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #5048
luckyluk

Likes (Received): 1

Sounds like you guys think that your present country is too big for you to cater for and you are promoting to have the fringes cut off. Well, whoever gets there first might keep it, that is the law of nature, that is: natural selection works. Were Pecs part of Croatia ... (You probably would not be trashing the long built freeway connecting it to Zagreb, etc.)
luckyluk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #5049
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

no we wouldnt because we wouldnt be at the PAYING END
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #5050
Kese

Well, good morning. AFAIK the cost of having "disciplined" the IMF is getting close to the total cost of the construction of M6-M60 now. One is money directly down the drain, the other is an important part of infrastructure. It used to be basic strategy and a principle that all the main freeways must reach the borders. As far as the "capitol" (sic) city is concerned I am ready to let bloodsucking Budapest go independent. Bye-bye.
Kese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #5051
gramercy
BANNED

i hope ure joking because if budapest became independent then the GDP per capita would quadruple there and halve everywhere else...

on the bright side there would be new subways and whatnot, and a lot more sharp pitchforks at the gates
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #5052
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese View Post
Well, good morning. AFAIK the cost of having "disciplined" the IMF is getting close to the total cost of the construction of M6-M60 now. One is money directly down the drain, the other is an important part of infrastructure. It used to be basic strategy and a principle that all the main freeways must reach the borders. As far as the "capitol" (sic) city is concerned I am ready to let bloodsucking Budapest go independent. Bye-bye.
I understand pretty well, that you, as Pécs resident, are happy by having a motorway to your home town. But IMHO motorways should not be built on such bases as for making people happy just for having that motorway there although they use it very rarely or never.
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #5053
gmbh

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
i hope ure joking because if budapest became independent then the GDP per capita would quadruple there and halve everywhere else...
GDP per capita says nothing. capital = center of company bureaus but in many cases the REAL PRODUCTION is somewhere else.

Kese is right. the southwestern part of country including pecs has many inhabitans a they pay taxes too. if you want motorways copying only AADT and nothing else then introduce toll for every car.
gmbh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #5054
gramercy
BANNED

http://kemma.hu/komarom-esztergom/ke...t-fotok-434878

empty M1

they had to hunt down some wild boars loool

Old March 31st, 2012, 07:17 PM   #5055
zsimi80
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 553

Road nr 6 today. Like in desert...

zsimi80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:26 PM   #5056
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

That's the effect of deforestation. Some of the agricultural land needs to be returned to forest.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:13 PM   #5057
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Its actually desertification, not deforestation. The only thing changing every year is the climate, not the amount of forests in the area. Moreso, I've not heard of deforestation in favour of agriculture, when very much of our suitable areas arent even farmed.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:37 PM   #5058
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Desertification (sometimes) follows deforestation. Central Europe was largely deforested in the 18th through mid-20th centuries in order to increase the area of arable land. Since WWII, there has been some recovery of Europe's forests, but not enough.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:27 AM   #5059
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Certainly wasnt the case here. Arable land was always in excess.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:34 AM   #5060
PhirgataZFs1694

Likes (Received): 1560

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Its actually desertification, not deforestation. The only thing changing every year is the climate, not the amount of forests in the area. Moreso, I've not heard of deforestation in favour of agriculture, when very much of our suitable areas arent even farmed.
SO you need to plant more forests. The more trees, the harder for wind is to make soil dry and pick up sand particles from it as on the picture.
PhirgataZFs1694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways