daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #5121
bogdymol
bogdymod

Nice

You can see M15 in this video:

Traffic on M15 is not that big. How about the M2 widening? That road was much more congested than M15.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #5122
Baiazid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
An extension (increasing length) or a widening/expansion (increasing lanes)?
It's actually making it motorway full-profile. Currently it's half profile all the way from M1 to the SK Border.
Baiazid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #5123
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Traffic on M15 is not that big. How about the M2 widening? That road was much more congested than M15.
In Hungary motorway development is based on international traffic, not on real needs. That's why we build full profile motorways for AADT 2-4,000, but AADT 25,000 is on a 2×1 road. One main reason for that is that these international corridors are subsidized partially by EU while e.g. M2 should be financed from domestic sources which are very poor nowadays.

In order to get incomes for the budget, police now stops every one and charges car drivers if infirmary set (I don't know the proper English expression, I mean the box in your car which has some medical tools) is expired. Since 98% is expired, almost every one is fined.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #5124
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2535

M15 is definitely one of the more important "international" sections. It makes much more sense then empty motorway near Ukrainian border.

I don't know what are Hungarian statistics, but on the last section of Slovak D2 there is traffic about 10,000 vehicles inclusive more than 60 % trucks. This road is quite specific. Overall traffic isn't that big, but such high portion of trucks is quite unusual.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #5125
mcarling

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
In Hungary motorway development is based on international traffic, not on real needs. That's why we build full profile motorways for AADT 2-4,000, but AADT 25,000 is on a 2×1 road. One main reason for that is that these international corridors are subsidized partially by EU while e.g. M2 should be financed from domestic sources which are very poor nowadays.
Facilitating international travel within the EU is a legitimate objective for the EU.

Quote:
In order to get incomes for the budget, police now stops every one and charges car drivers if infirmary set (I don't know the proper English expression, I mean the box in your car which has some medical tools) is expired. Since 98% is expired, almost every one is fined.
The usual term in English is "first aid kit". I was trained as an emergency medical technician (I had the minimal qualification to work in an ambulance, but I let the certification lapse decades ago) and I didn't realize that automotive first aid kits have expiration dates. Most countries don't require cars to carry them. I keep one in my car not because of any law, but because I have a pretty good idea how to use it.
mcarling no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #5126
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post
Most countries don't require cars to carry them. I keep one in my car not because of any law, but because I have a pretty good idea how to use it.
One of my parents cars has this kit, the other one doesn't, although the Romanian legislaltion says it's mandatory. Anyway, I have no ideea how should I use what's inside the kit...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #5127
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

Quote:
I bought a new one last month, so I should be OK.
Anything else I should consider if getting stopped? I have German plates.
I know that medical insurance is also mandatory in Hungary, I guess the German insurance card with EU inscription should be valid.

I know in Romania you should have fire extinguisher, but I didn't spend another 20 euros on that.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #5128
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
One of my parents cars has this kit, the other one doesn't, although the Romanian legislaltion says it's mandatory. Anyway, I have no ideea how should I use what's inside the kit...
In some countries, the Red Cross offer basic introductory first aid classes at low cost. The most important things to know are:
- Don't try to move a person whose neck might be broken. Wait for professional help.
- How to stop bleeding: Direct pressure on the wound, direct pressure on the artery (if you know exactly where to find it), elevating the wound above the heart. Only use a tourniquet if you are sure that the person will die if you don't, assume 100% chance that the limb will be cut off where the tourniquet is applied.
- With extremely rare exceptions, crashed cars only catch fire and explode in the movies.
- If you don't know what you're doing, phone emergencies services before trying to help victims.
- Try to keep victims calm. Reassure them that help is coming.
- You may find a reflective warning sign next to the spare tyre. Get it set up to keep other cars from piling onto the crash.
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #5129
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Extension into Slovakia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
M15 is definitely one of the more important "international" sections. It makes much more sense then empty motorway near Ukrainian border.

I don't know what are Hungarian statistics, but on the last section of Slovak D2 there is traffic about 10,000 vehicles inclusive more than 60 % trucks. This road is quite specific. Overall traffic isn't that big, but such high portion of trucks is quite unusual.
Same on M70. If you drive on the Slovenian A5 on weekends when truck traffic is forbidden, the road is almost empty.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #5130
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2535

Actually something like extension of M15 would be quite handy. Although not to Slovakia, but to the south as M86.
Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #5131
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Actually something like extension of M15 would be quite handy. Although not to Slovakia, but to the south as M86.
To Csorna?
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #5132
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Csorna - Szombathely - Lendava is one of most used routes to the coast.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #5133
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2286

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
Csorna - Szombathely - Lendava is one of most used routes to the coast.
To avoid high tolls in Germany and Austria, most truckers use this route to reach Italy.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #5134
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9414

Quote:
My bad... Of course widening...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #5135
Kese

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
To avoid high tolls in Germany and Austria, most truckers use this route to reach Italy.
This may change somewhat in the near future, as you can expect a manyfold increase in Hungarian tolls.
Kese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #5136
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

First aid training is mandatory for a driving licence here. Hence the first aid kit. And some anti-bacterial stuff do expire, hence the expiration date. Maybe these should be checked by the drivers, just as the oil level and the tire pressure...oh wait, average hungarian doesnt check those either...I'm 100% with the police on this, fine the ass off of everyone.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #5137
zol21

Likes (Received): 237

if i wan't to go from debrecen to balaton which is better now, on M0 or through Budapest?
zol21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #5138
mcarling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
First aid training is mandatory for a driving licence here. Hence the first aid kit. And some anti-bacterial stuff do expire, hence the expiration date. Maybe these should be checked by the drivers, just as the oil level and the tire pressure...oh wait, average hungarian doesnt check those either...I'm 100% with the police on this, fine the ass off of everyone.
Anti-bacterial ointments can suffer a degradation of effectiveness of a few percent over a decade. Their expiration dates should be sell-by dates, not use-by dates. Also, unless I'm patching someone up to send them home rather than to hospital, anti-bacterials are the least of my worries. If someone is at risk of bleeding to death, it would be insane to waste time applying anti-bacterial ointment.

The risk of causing a fatal accident by stopping a motorist along a motorway is at least 1000 times greater than the risk of death from using an "expired" first aid kit. I'm confident that no one anywhere in the world has ever died because a first aid kit was expired.
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #5139
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

Quote:
Originally Posted by zol21 View Post
if i wan't to go from debrecen to balaton which is better now, on M0 or through Budapest?
i think even if M0 south has been widened finally, it would still be better to drive through Budapest for normal cars. Especially nights. Its nearly 70 kilometers to get from M3 to M7, and about 25 km to go across Budapest.

so yes, i say go through the city...
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #5140
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by zol21 View Post
Through Budapest. (M3 - Hungária körút - Könyves Kálmán körút - Rákóczi (Lágymányosi) bridge - Szerémi út - Andor utca - Egérút - M7).
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways