daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #501
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9373

Thank You Nyuszi! Great summary, but I think the 11 kms for the northern M0 section between Main road 2 and Main road 11 is way too long. Dont't You meen the distance between Main road 2 - Main road 11 (3,2 kms) - Main road 10? The M0 beltway connecting Main road 11 and Main road 10 is in a planning stage, it will be connected hopefully by 2012, but 2014 is more real.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #502
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
an other small segment of M7 was inaugurated on friday (24.08.2007.),the bypass at Nagykanizsa.
Credit to RawLee!

II. János Pál pápa
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:39 AM   #503
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
plans for the M6-M60 motorway:

Total length:146,5km
construction starts next year
Again, credit to RawLee...

II. János Pál pápa
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #504
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Apparently when the M6 (along with M60) is finished, all of Hungary's major cities will be linked by motorway! Good job, some 5 years ago I thought things weren't going that well with motorway construction but in the end I think Hungary is doing the best among EU newcomers.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #505
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyqtor View Post
Apparently when the M6 (along with M60) is finished, all of Hungary's major cities will be linked by motorway! Good job, some 5 years ago I thought things weren't going that well with motorway construction but in the end I think Hungary is doing the best among EU newcomers.
We're not even halfway through...worst case scenario is approx 3000kms of motorways.now we have ~1000kms.

Last edited by RawLee; August 31st, 2007 at 01:15 AM.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 01:12 AM   #506
RawLee

Gallery about the new segment of M7 mentioned above(post 308):
http://www.nif.hu/multimedia/gallery/103
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:29 PM   #507
RawLee

This a busy week for the Minister of Transportation, because today,an other long waited segment of our motorway network will be inaugurated. The segment of M3 between Görbeháza and Nyíregyháza.
The bypass of Nyíregyháza is already completed,which is between main road 4,and,temporarily, main road 4.

this is the 3rd event in this month,the first was the M7 with viaduct of Kőröshegy,then the M7's bypass at Nagykanizsa,and now this. There are no gas stations built(yet) along this route,just like in the case of the 3 mentioned above.
And lets celebrate,with this segment,Hungary now have 1000kms of motorways!

There will be no further inaugurations this year,but next year,the following is expected:
M7 with the bridge over the Mura river (1km)
M7 between Nagykanizsa and Balatonkeresztúr(35km)
M6-M0 junction
M0 east-north section(~49km)
http://index.hu/gazdasag/magyar/m3gh070830/
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:50 PM   #508
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

Is that M35 to Debrecen already completed?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2007, 04:51 PM   #509
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
Is that M35 to Debrecen already completed?
That was inaugurated last year.
Old August 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM   #510
wyqtor
Coexist

It would be a good idea to continue the M35 so that it will link up with the A3 - Autostrada Transilvania in Romania (a section nearest to the border will be finished next year - finally). It would provide some alternative, at least until the M4(?) is finished (I'm talking about the motorway that is supposed to go Budapest - Szolnok - RO border).
Old August 31st, 2007, 09:54 PM   #511
RawLee

Quote:
It would be a good idea to continue the M35 so that it will link up with the A3 - Autostrada Transilvania in Romania (a section nearest to the border will be finished next year - finally). It would provide some alternative, at least until the M4(?) is finished (I'm talking about the motorway that is supposed to go Budapest - Szolnok - RO border).
The southern one will be built next year,the one that is a branch of M5.But the main priority is M6 and M60,which will lead to Pécs,because Pécs will be the cultural capitol in 2010.
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:04 AM   #512
wyqtor
Coexist

I wasn't referring to the M43, but to a northern connection - between Debrecen and Oradea (and the rest of Transylvania)
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:20 AM   #513
RawLee

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the M43, but to a northern connection - between Debrecen and Oradea (and the rest of Transylvania)
I know,but thats not even in the next year's plan.
This is the plan for next year(sorry,hungarian,but I suppose you can understand the city names
M7 Balatonkeresztúr–Nagykanizsa közötti szakasza;
M9 gyorsforgalmi út, 51. sz. főút és 54. sz. főút közti szakaszának kivitelezése;
M43 gyorsforgalmi út Szeged – Makó közötti szakasz kivitelezése;
5. sz. főút Szeged elkerülő, III. ütem vasúti felüljáróval;
47.sz. főút Békés megyei szakasz, Békéscsaba elkerülő–Orosháza elkerülőig;
8-as út:
8.sz. főút 11,5 tonnás megerősítés, fejlesztés Székesfehérvár–Veszprém között (9+020-11+766 km);
8. sz. főút Márkó–Ajka között (3 szakasz);
8.sz. főút Ajka–Veszprém megyehatár;
8.sz. főút Veszprém–Várpalota, burkolat–megerősítés (32+000-57+100 km között).
86- os út:
86. sz. főút 11,5 tonnás burkolat–megerősítés, Körmend–Rédics (oh) között;
86. sz. főút burkolat–megerősítése és négynyomúsítása (77+800-79+000 km között, Szombathely térsége)
86. sz. főút Szombathely–Vát szakasz (80+775-89+980 km között);
86. sz. főút Szeleste elkerülő szakasz;
86.sz. főút Győr–Moson–Sopron megyei szakasz 11,5 tonnás burkolat erősítése, fejlesztése;
26- os út:
M30-26. sz. főút Miskolc északi elkerülő;
26. sz. főút Sajószentpéter elkerülő;
26. sz. Sajószentpéter és Kazincbarcika közös elkerülő II. ütem;
Korábban már eldöntött PPP konstrukciójú fejlesztések:

M3 Nyíregyháza–Vásárosnamény (gyorsforgalmi út);
M6 Dunaújváros–Szekszárd (gyorsforgalmi út);
M6 Szekszárd–Bóly (gyorsforgalmi út);
M60 Pécsi bekötés (Pécs–Bóly, gyorsforgalmi út);
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:33 AM   #514
wyqtor
Coexist

Thanks! Anyway, it's one of the stupidest ideas yet to come from our politicians: to first build a motorway that doesn't connect to anything but a standard 2-lane road on your side of the border, and only THEN build one that does connect to the M43 (the southern link).

They didn't even set a date for the opening of the A1 (the Romanian continuation of the M43), those ******* bastards !
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:43 AM   #515
RawLee

Quote:
Thanks! Anyway, it's one of the stupidest ideas yet to come from our politicians: to first build a motorway that doesn't connect to anything but a standard 2-lane road on your side of the border, and only THEN build one that does connect to the M43 (the southern link).

They didn't even set a date for the opening of the A1 (the Romanian continuation of the M43), those ******* bastards !
I suppose that has something to with that Nagylak is used more by truck,and the traffic on the route Nagylak-(Makó)-Szeged increased greatly since you guys joined the EU. The proof is the number of traffic accidents(like when your bus crashed on the railtracks just out of Makó).
And M4 is a very distant plan,so I wouldnt count on M35 continuation any time soon. I think first will be M3 or M300 to reach the border of Ukraine,then M6 the Croatian border,Then I'd build M8 or M9,so the traffic coming form Ukraine and Romania wont cross Budapest.
Old September 1st, 2007, 03:19 AM   #516
RawLee

this is for you,Wyqtor:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=195
summary: the historical and environmental study of M35 has been ordered by NIF(the company which coordinates infrastructural investments in Hungary). The segment probably will be built after 2012.
Old September 1st, 2007, 04:20 AM   #517
Qtya
sensational

Quote:

Sadly connecting M35 with the border and Your A3 is today not a priority for Hungary... But I think a prime ministrial-presidental discussion would help a lot... Unfortunately I personaly think our prime minister Ferenc Gyurcsány is feeling uncomfortable to meet with your Traian Băsescu... He would feel more comfortable meeting with Ion Iliescu... I wonder why...

II. János Pál pápa
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:11 AM   #518
wyqtor
Coexist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Sadly connecting M35 with the border and Your A3 is today not a priority for Hungary... But I think a prime ministrial-presidental discussion would help a lot... Unfortunately I personaly think our prime minister Ferenc Gyurcsány is feeling uncomfortable to meet with your Traian Băsescu... He would feel more comfortable meeting with Ion Iliescu... I wonder why...
Here in Romania we have a saying: The wolf may change it's hair, but not it's manners... Probably in this case the wolves don't even bother to change their hair color - RED.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 02:52 PM   #519
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Here in Romania we have a saying: The wolf may change it's hair, but not it's manners... Probably in this case the wolves don't even bother to change their hair color - RED.

II. János Pál pápa
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:46 PM   #520
BA

Likes (Received): 0

Viaduct of Köröshegy, from Tihany...

...and from Szántód

BA no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways