daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #5201
bogdymol
bogdymod

I hate that in Romania the yellow priority sign is not very used, so in most of the intersections you have NO sign on the road that has priority, and yield or stop sign on the road that doesn't have priority. But you also might be in an intersection where applies priority from the right, but you don't know that because there are no signs

So: you drive on a road with no signs and enter an intersection where you might have priority... but you also might not have it
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #5202
Atza

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I hate that in Romania the yellow priority sign is not very used, so in most of the intersections you have NO sign on the road that has priority, and yield or stop sign on the road that doesn't have priority. But you also might be in an intersection where applies priority from the right, but you don't know that because there are no signs

So: you drive on a road with no signs and enter an intersection where you might have priority... but you also might not have it
In fact in Hungary priority road sign has no real meaning. All of intersections even on low class roads have yield or stop sign so if you don't see them you have priority.

The yellow sign mostly says that you are on an important road with better parameters and probably you can constantly drive on 90 km/h. So it rather means road quality.
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #5203
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atza View Post
In fact in Hungary priority road sign has no real meaning. All of intersections even on low class roads have yield or stop sign so if you don't see them you have priority.
What if no one has it? Then you have to watch out, because priority has the one coming from the right.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #5204
Atza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
What if no one has it? Then you have to watch out, because priority has the one coming from the right.
Of course, if nothing indicates priority the one who comes from the right has it. But it's used only in cities in T20 or T30 zones, nowhere on rural roads.
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #5205
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atza View Post
Yeah, that's exactly the case in Romania.

But what you do if you are used not to see any sign (and have priority), and you enter an intersection where the other cars have the priority sign and you have no sign?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #5206
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:

But what you do if you are used not to see any sign (and have priority), and you enter an intersection where the other cars have the priority sign and you have no sign?
In this case probably an accident happens. However car drivers in Hungary are so much accustomed to signs that if e.g. a yield or stop sign is stolen, every driver will feel that there should be one, and gives priority to the crossing road.
On the other side: if I drive on a road, having no yellow 'priority road' sign, I will not stop at every single corner checking if I have priority or not for I know I have - unless I drive on a narrow street of a residential area where 'right hand priority' crossings may occur.
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #5207
Atza

Quote:

Yes, in normal case this situation does not exists and the disappeared yield sign is usually set back quickly.

If it really happens of course the road with priority sign has priority. But before the crossing you will probably know that the other road has it because of the other signs (eg. green signs with the road numbers of the crossing road).
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #5208
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Today I broke my own rules and took M0 from the airport to home. Of course it was a bad idea.

I'll do never, never do it again (at least not until the whole south section will be 2×3 + hard shoulder).
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #5209
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11821

and as everybody can see, no hungarian uses that road anymore. only "austrians" there
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #5210
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8709

Austrian hegemonists clogging magyar motorways.
KingNick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #5211
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

Keep cool, these are "Austrians", not Austrians - as Jack Frost wrote correctly.
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #5212
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

you mean like "beethoven"?
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #5213
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Hi guys!

We need a little help here. I have recently posted few pics of the works for Romanian A1 motorway just near Hungarian border. But there is another picture which I have not posted; I am doing it now. The image shows something which seems to be an abandoned motorway embankment. But it is on the other side of the border, in Hungary!

This evening, my colleague tonică has posted here a photo made from a plain, showing the same embankment (on the left).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonică
As far as we know, no works have been performed yet on M43 between Makó and RO border. Can you please help us with some info? Thank you in advance!
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #5214
luckyluk

Likes (Received): 1

Well, I seriously doubt if that is part of future M43, unless sombody decided to build it on his private land.
I wonder though why Google Earth indicates the section of A1 right next to the border in Romania complete. According to these photos it is a far cry as yet.
luckyluk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #5215
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9376

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyluk View Post
Well, I seriously doubt if that is part of future M43, unless sombody decided to build it on his private land.
I wonder though why Google Earth indicates the section of A1 right next to the border in Romania complete. According to these photos it is a far cry as yet.
"By-product" of the archaeological excavation. Real constructions scheduled to start in Q3(maybe Q4). Winner of the tender could be announced any day now.

Thx for the pix though...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #5216
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyluk View Post
Because almost any idiot can update Google Earth in Romania. Yes, I know, in Hungary it's impossible, but the situation is different here. From time to time, after many complaints filled via email by mentally sane users, a moderator is deleting the phony lines. But the same idiot or maybe other can start drawing again the motorway of his dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
"By-product" of the archaeological excavation.
That must be it. Thanks!
Quote:
Real constructions scheduled to start in Q3(maybe Q4). Winner of the tender could be announced any day now.
Great news!
Quote:
Thx for the pix though...
Anytime!
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #5217
TheHunger

Likes (Received): 0

An easy way to distinguish between a motorway that is just drawn and one that is open for traffic is to draw a route. From what I've tried, Google does not allow you to draw a route on a motorway that is not yet open, like Bucuresti - Ploiesti
TheHunger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #5218
vchira
vreau la TM pe Autobahn!

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
"By-product" of the archaeological excavation. Real constructions scheduled to start in Q3(maybe Q4). Winner of the tender could be announced any day now.
hmm..that means at least another 2 years before we can drive on it? do you have any details about the time plan for the construction? i think they must have drafted the time plan...

on another subject...what's up with the new Szeget-Mako M43 segment? are they planing to repair the "bumpiness" which have already apeared at start and at the end of the bridges? I think that Motorway segment should not even be open to trafic becaus it's very very dangerous already! I drove a few days ago on that segment and I was very angry to see how the suspensions of my car got quite a beating from thouse "bumps"...do you have any news on that?

Thx.

Last edited by vchira; June 12th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
vchira no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #5219
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Sounds like two shameful bumps on our A5.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #5220
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9376

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchira View Post
hmm..that means at least another 2 years before we can drive on it? do you have any details about the time plan for the construction? i think they must have drafted the time plan...
Last news:

Contract signing: 06/18/2012

Scheduled handover: 07/2014

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways