daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #5641
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11821

maybe after 2020. it has absolutely no priority now.

M3 vaja-vásárosnamény,
M4 abony-fegyvernek,
M85 györ-csorna (2x2 expressway)
M86 csorna-szombathely (2x2 expressway)

will be the next sections to be realized.

hopefully also M0 between road 11-10, and M2 widening dunakeszi-vác will be built in the next years, but i am not sure about these 2 to be honest...
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM   #5642
marius_NE

Likes (Received): 37

What about M49? Are there any news?
marius_NE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 12:25 AM   #5643
cricric

Likes (Received): 3287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
maybe after 2020. it has absolutely no priority now.

M3 vaja-vásárosnamény,
M4 abony-fegyvernek,

will be the next sections to be realized.

hopefully also M0 between road 11-10, and M2 widening dunakeszi-vác will be built in the next years, but i am not sure about these 2 to be honest...
Jack_Frost, are these the priorities of the goverment, or just the priorities?

2. I saw a map where the northern Szolnok bypass was under construction? Is this correct?

3. What about the section from Pilis to Budapest/M0?

Thanks
cricric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM   #5644
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius_NE View Post
What about M49? Are there any news?
it was planned to build the first 28 kms of M49 by 2014. this will certainly not happen. i have no news about this road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricric View Post
Jack_Frost, are these the priorities of the goverment, or just the priorities?

2. I saw a map where the northern Szolnok bypass was under construction? Is this correct?

3. What about the section from Pilis to Budapest/M0?

Thanks
except M3 from the list above, all have priority. and so does M10 to dorog. M4 is a sad story. no news so far from that section, but i am optimistic it will be built between 2014-2020.
Old January 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM   #5645
marius_NE

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
it was planned to build the first 28 kms of M49 by 2014. this will certainly not happen. i have no news about this road.
Thank you, Jack_Frost!
marius_NE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:06 PM   #5646
bewu1

Likes (Received): 2056

Quote:

will be the next sections to be realized..
Roads 85 /86 are frequently used by Poles driving to Croatia ...

What about motorway connection between Debrecen and Hu/Ro border close to Oradea ?
bewu1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM   #5647
JackFrost
Hun Solo

extension of M35 is planned to future M4 at berettyóújfalu, but has also no priority. oradea will be connected via M4 with budapest and beyond. using M35/M3 to get from oradea to budapest v.v. makes absolutely no sense, since its a detour of nearly 100 kilometers...
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:08 PM   #5648
Nyuszi
#1 Bunny

Likes (Received): 19

This is not quite true. M35 (with the southern bypass of Debrecen) is high on the government's priority list. No wonder the planning process was accelerated (http://iho.hu/hir/ujabb-lepes-az-m35...itesere-120502). The only thing slowing the process that the chosen path (northern bypass of Derecske) of the future motorway was taken to court in a disagreement suit by the local landowners and farmers. The story goes back a long time (for Jack: http://www.dehir.hu/hajdu-bihar/uj-n...ak/2011/08/24/). I assure you, the M35 from Debrecen till Berettyóújfalú (22 km) and from there M4 till the Ro border is high priority for the current government. If everything goes right on schedule the two sections will be tendered in 2014.
Nyuszi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:39 PM   #5649
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9376

Nyuszi is absolutely right.

BTW it's about 50 km of detour in distance, not a 100.

If you take it into account that compared to the M4 alternative of ~160 km (till Abony), via Debrecen/M35 only the construction of about 50 km of motorway would be needed to connect Northern-Transylvania (RO) and the future A3 Motorway with the Hungarian motorway system, the efforts of pushing forward the previous alternative is quite logical.

I'm not saying the construction of M4 is not as important, though...

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM   #5650
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Nyuszi is absolutely right.
i didnt say it has no priority for the government. but if you go by traffic volumes, it surely has no priority for our road infrastructure. sorry if i didnt express myself clearly.

Quote:
BTW it's about 50 km of detour in distance, not a 100.
berettyóújfalu-M0/4 interchange is about 285 kms via road 47/M35/M3/M31. the same distance on road 4 is approx 200 kms.

Quote:
If you take it into account that compared to the M4 alternative of ~160 km (till Abony), via Debrecen/M35 only the construction of about 50 km of motorway would be needed to connect Northern-Transylvania (RO) and the future A3 Motorway with the Hungarian motorway system, the efforts of pushing forward the previous alternative is quite logical.
well, apart from the last ~40 kilometers we have a decent motorway connection to transylvania with M3/M35. still, almost every hungarian/romanian uses road 4 instead. and this will certainly not change when extending M35 to berettyóújfalu. as i said, it makes no sense taking M3 for transylvania, except when heading towards satu mare.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:03 AM   #5651
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
well, apart from the last ~40 kilometers we have a decent motorway connection to transylvania with M3/M35. still, almost every hungarian/romanian uses road 4 instead. and this will certainly not change when extending M35 to berettyóújfalu. as i said, it makes no sense taking M3 for transylvania, except when heading towards satu mare.
A can't name anyone using Main road 4 instead of M3-M35 when traveling to Northern-Transylvania... It's a bloody waste of time, money and an absolutely unnecessary risk.

II. János Pál pápa
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:13 AM   #5652
JackFrost
Hun Solo

i think you misunderstood my post.

anyway, i also made a mistake: i considered M0 the only route to bypass budapest, and forgot about the option to go through it. taking M35/M3 from oradea would make me go through budapest and not around it, which would make your +50 kms true instead of my 85 by comparing road 4 with M3/M35 in distance...
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM   #5653
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
i think you misunderstood my post.

anyway, i also made a mistake: i considered M0 the only route to bypass budapest, and forgot about the option to go through it. taking M35/M3 from oradea would make me go through budapest and not around it, which would make your +50 kms true instead of my 85 by comparing road 4 with M3/M35 in distance...
In case of bypassing BUD you are right, but in case of traveling from our capitol let's say that I'am, and that settles it. But in any case I would take the M3/M35 option...

Nevertheless I'm not a truck driver so I have no idea which of the mentioned two is the more economical solution. Taking the 50-85 km longer route with a steady speed in an e.g. 14 speed Volvo FH Series with a semi-automatic computerized gear change control system, or the shorter route but with constant accelerating and braking...

But once again I would take "door number one"! Show me Nr 1!!!

II. János Pál pápa
Old January 22nd, 2013, 07:38 AM   #5654
JackFrost
Hun Solo

i am no truck driver either, but its all about distance here. if M3/M35 would be a good alternative over road 4, people would use it. but traffic volumes show, that they do not.

and in case of transit traffic, we cant even say that they prefer road 4 so no vignette must be bought, since most of them already have the vignette for M1...
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:36 PM   #5655
bogdymol
bogdymod

A friend of mine that lives in Oradea says that he uses M4 for Oradea-Budapest trips because it's faster.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:39 PM   #5656
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
A friend of mine that lives in Oradea says that he uses M4 for Oradea-Budapest trips because it's faster.
Which M4?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:03 AM   #5657
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

building even a half profile from Debrecen-Berettyoujfalu-Nagyvarad is asinine

all that is needed, is bypasses of some of the villages and towns on that particular route, considering the following:
• traffic volumes are relatively low and do not justify the cost of even a half profile highway,
• the current alignment of all the local main roads is more or less perfect
• the condition of all the local main roads is excellent (4, 47, 42) considering the resurfacing done recently
• the financial resources available
• the need for capacity ELSEWHERE in the SAME country resulting in MORE return on the invested capital

however, traffic from Budapest-Szolnok DOES justify a full highway which we should have focused on for at least 10 years now, and maybe even a new (half-)bridge is justified at Szolnok on the Tisza, but thereafter only bypasses built as future highway's half profile sections: Fegyvernek, Kenderes, Puspokladany, Barand, Foldes, Mezopeterd and Mikepercs, Sarand, Derecske

this is what is actually needed on the M4 and M35 corridors:
full highway: M0-Szolnok
half profile highway: Szolnok-Tisza-Torokszentmiklos
bypasses and main road until RO border
bypasses between Debrecen-Berettyoujfalu
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:43 AM   #5658
JackFrost
Hun Solo

agree, except on that imo M4 should be build full profile all the way to oradea, so everybody could be channeled safely out of hungary. i know this has been discussed several times, but also this family would still be alive when this road was 2x2...

http://minoseg.org/a-gps-okozta-a-ka...at-a-4-es-uton
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM   #5659
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Which type of teleport is he using?

II. János Pál pápa
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:33 PM   #5660
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Which type of teleport is he using?
I also used once national road 4 from Budapest (coming M1-M0-M5-Albertirsa-road 4) and was quite fast. It was however on a sunday afternoon and I also drove a little over speed limit (65-70/110-115). I think it is a little bit faster but the margin is less than 15 minutes and depends on traffic you encounter on road 4. These 15 minutes will be saved when Debrecen bypass will be build up to national road 47.
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways