daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #6001
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9353

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
post number 6000
Congratulations bogdymol!

II. János Pál pápa

bogdymol liked this post
Qtya está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #6002
bogdymol
bogdymod

M0 Budapest bypass, direction M5 ⇨ M7. Pictures from August 10th.

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

ChrisZwolle, Qtya, hofburg, Falusi, Moravian and 4 others liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #6003
bogdymol
bogdymod

M7 motorway:

Quite congested on the other direction, despite of the 3-lane motorway:

M7 / M70 interchange:

On M70:

Overtaking is forbidden on it's entire length:

hofburg, Falusi, Moravian, areal51 liked this post
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #6004
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Is it worth it to take the M0 now and not fear huge traffic jams because of daily accidents? I am planning to drive home end of October for a small vacation.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #6005
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Is it worth it to take the M0 now and not fear huge traffic jams because of daily accidents? I am planning to drive home end of October for a small vacation.
M0 is getting better and better. On the direction M1 -> M5 is almost entirely with 3 lanes, and the new connection between M0-south and M0-north looks almost completed (might be opened before you come). I would drive on M0 instead the city.
Old August 27th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #6006
Attus

Likes (Received): 1038

Quote:
No one can promise you that there will not be a serious accident in the very hour you will drive there. However, from next week on I would take M0.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #6007
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
No one can promise you that there will not be a serious accident in the very hour you will drive there. However, from next week on I would take M0.
Will there be some new opening/widening/etc. next week on M0?
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #6008
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Thanks!
Of course no one can, I was making an analogy with the situation from 1-2 years ago

Quote:
M0 is getting better and better. On the direction M1 -> M5 is almost entirely with 3 lanes, and the new connection between M0-south and M0-north looks almost completed (might be opened before you come). I would drive on M0 instead the city.
M1 <--> M5 is exactly the section interesting me
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #6009
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
I was making an analogy with the situation from 1-2 years ago
The situation is much better compared to what it used to be few years ago.

Quote:
M1 <--> M5 is exactly the section interesting me
I said that direction M1 -> M5 is almost entirely with 3 lanes.

The other direction (M5 -> M1) is, as you can see from the pictures I posted above, still with 2 lanes on most of it's length, because there are works undergoing on the middle part of it. But this too should be completed soon.
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #6010
Qtya
sensational

Bogdymol is right again!

Three additional info:

1, The completely new section between Main road 51 and M5 scheduled to be opened this weekend.

2, The complete reconstruction of the old M0 lanes (and two bridges) will start some time in the near future (it's tendered already, no winner announced yet though), with the switch to concrete upper layer. It's going to be a 28 months procedure...

3, The widenning of the short so far untouched section to 1+3+3+1 between M7-M1 is being also tendered.

II. János Pál pápa
Old August 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #6011
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Bogdymol is right again!

Quote:
1, The completely new section between Main road 51 and M5 scheduled to be opened this weekend.
Excelent news There was always a little bit of congestion while comming from M0 and trying to enter M5. Now it will be congestion-free

Quote:
2, The complete reconstruction of the old M0 lanes (and two bridges) will start some time in the near future (it's tendered already, no winner announced yet though), with the switch to concrete upper layer. It's going to be a 28 months procedure...
Not so good news. I was hoping to be a quick re-paving of the old M0 lanes.
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #6012
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Not so good news. I was hoping to be a quick re-paving of the old M0 lanes.
It will last so long due to the Danube bridge, the entire steel structure of the bridge needs to be replaced...

BTW great pics

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #6013
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falusi View Post
It will last so long due to the Danube bridge, the entire steel structure of the bridge needs to be replaced...
How will the traffic be affected on M0 by this changing of the entire steel structure of the bridge? How many lanes will remain open on each side during construction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falusi View Post
BTW great pics
Thank you. I will post sometime also pictures from M0, but the new part.
Old August 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #6014
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

the new bridge will be temporary 2x2, like the old one was...
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #6015
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
M7 motorway:

Quite congested on the other direction, despite of the 3-lane motorway:

I'm pretty sure these pix were taken on a Sunday, am I right?

II. János Pál pápa
Old August 29th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #6016
darko06

Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
M7 motorway:

One can choose either to go to Ljubljana via Maribor (distance cca 240 kms) and drive 20 kms on this 1+1 "expw" and more 50 kms on 2+2 SLO A5 "motorway" (110 kmh speed limit without hard shoulders); or to go to Ljubljana via Zagreb (distance also 240 kms: 95 kms to Ivanja Reka, another 25 to Jankomir and than 120 to razcep Malence) and drive whole 240 kms on a full motorway. There are two Schengen borders (passenger controls only, smoothly in EU/EEA/CH line) and speed limit 110 kmh on a 10 kms stretch between Breznički Hum and Varaždin. Okay, there will be Croatian tolls.

Said that, I remember that I saw on Saturday two Romanian cars driving on Croatian A4 in direction Hungarian border after exOMV gas station Popovec.

Last edited by darko06; August 29th, 2013 at 01:29 AM.
darko06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #6017
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

of course... road condition is better that way, but even after Croatia joining Schengen, one would have to pay tolls and a vignette, instead of just a vignette for slovenian variant.

Qtya liked this post
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #6018
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

Quote:

Overtaking is forbidden on it's entire length:

Didn't know they wrote it in Slovenian, too
Old August 29th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #6019
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

"Pericol de accidente" would be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post
One can choose either to go to Ljubljana via Maribor (distance cca 240 kms) and drive 20 kms on this 1+1 "expw" and more 50 kms on 2+2 SLO A5 "motorway" (110 kmh speed limit without hard shoulders); or to go to Ljubljana via Zagreb (distance also 240 kms: 95 kms to Ivanja Reka, another 25 to Jankomir and than 120 to razcep Malence) and drive whole 240 kms on a full motorway. There are two Schengen borders (passenger controls only, smoothly in EU/EEA/CH line) and speed limit 110 kmh on a 10 kms stretch between Breznički Hum and Varaždin. Okay, there will be Croatian tolls.

Said that, I remember that I saw on Saturday two Romanian cars driving on Croatian A4 in direction Hungarian border after exOMV gas station Popovec.
The difference is actually 15 km: this v. this.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #6020
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
I'm pretty sure these pix were taken on a Sunday, am I right?
I was surprised because it was a Saturday. If it was a Sunday I would have said that everyone is comming back from Balaton, but on a Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko06 View Post

It's 15 km longer, you have to pay tolls and cross 2 borders where you are checked (I know it's just a simple ID check, but still). I think that the M70 - A5 route is the best one. Although A5 is lacking hard shoulders and it has a 110 km/h speed limit, it's actually one of the nicest highways I've been on. The landscape is very 'hilly' and with a lot of green, so it's a pleasent and relaxing drive.

kozorog liked this post

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways