daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #6141
Sisimoto the HUN

Likes (Received): 292

I'm little bit confused now! So you wish back the full checks on our EU borders again?
I dont know which country borderguards or policemen you described as negligent or lazy, but i think differently! You see the Hungarian border guard force were completely integrated into the state police! And our border guards are way more effective now! So what is your point by calling the borderchecks as a joke?
Sisimoto the HUN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #6142
bogdymol
bogdymod

Have you ever crossed the RO-H border in the last few years?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #6143
Sisimoto the HUN

I ask first!
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #6144
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Oh no, he's back again...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #6145
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisimoto the HUN View Post
I ask first!
This is not the way people talk to each other here. Even if you're right.

Yes, the border checks on the internal EU borders are useless. Last time I crossed to RO, the Hungarian guard didn't even bother to come out of his hut, the Romanian one briefly checked my passport (Vállaj>Urziceni). On the way back (Bors>Ártánd), the two guards stood next to each other, and looked at the passports/IDs for about 3 sec. It's a waste of time for the traveller, and a waste of resources for the state to maintain this type of control. I don't know what can they find out in such a short time. Even if I were wanted, my data aren't checked, so the most they can find out is that my passport may have expired...

My experiences were similar at crossing to HR, or to SK, A and SLO before 2007.
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #6146
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

When I crossed into Hungary in November at Cenad the Hungarian lady was very curious about my car, it's just some months old, the new model of Seat Leon, so she asked for the car papers from where she read something like "Seat Leon ... April ...".

But have to say, it was the first time something like this happened. Usually it doesn't take more then 10 seconds...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #6147
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Oh no, he's back again...
Ah... now I remember. He's your "friend". I won't even bother to answer him after I found out this...

Have a safe trip everybody!
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #6148
danielstan

Location: Pitesti, RO // Helsinki Final Act 1975, Point 3) Inviolability of frontiers
Likes (Received): 407

For whoever is interested, here is a map of the Arad-Nădlac highway (2nd lot) and the connection with the Hungarian highway at the border:

bogdymol, mman2012 liked this post
danielstan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #6149
Sisimoto the HUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BND View Post
This is not the way people talk to each other here. Even if you're right.

Yes, the border checks on the internal EU borders are useless. Last time I crossed to RO, the Hungarian guard didn't even bother to come out of his hut, the Romanian one briefly checked my passport (Vállaj>Urziceni). On the way back (Bors>Ártánd), the two guards stood next to each other, and looked at the passports/IDs for about 3 sec. It's a waste of time for the traveller, and a waste of resources for the state to maintain this type of control. I don't know what can they find out in such a short time. Even if I were wanted, my data aren't checked, so the most they can find out is that my passport may have expired...

My experiences were similar at crossing to HR, or to SK, A and SLO before 2007.
Should i apologies for something i dared to ask and clarify things directly, regarding an off topic matter in this thread? Or only for the style of my reply? What is this hostility here?

The person who replies to a simple question with a question is only trying to avoid to answer. Perhaps affraid of the criticism? Anyway, i'm sorry to say but this person only discredit on himself with this attitude. Anybody needs a self-styled mediator here to settle debates? Avoiding debates? It will solve anything?
Old December 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #6150
Atza

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielstan View Post
For whoever is interested, here is a map of the Arad-Nădlac highway (2nd lot) and the connection with the Hungarian highway at the border:
Hungarian side:

http://roads.attus.hu/road_plans/m43..._oh_hm_low.jpg

big:
http://roads.attus.hu/road_plans/m43_5_mako.jpg
http://roads.attus.hu/road_plans/m43...dpalota_oh.jpg

bogdymol, guranflorin liked this post
Atza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #6151
bogdymol
bogdymod

So there will be 2 parking areas, one on each side of the border. I'm sure that, if Romania doesn't join Schengen by the time the 2 motorways are completed, they can organize there a temporary check point.

Also, there are exits in both countries at 2-3 km from the border. In case one of the motorways is completed before the other one, it still can be opened and the traffic diverted from that last exit to the current border crossing.
Old December 11th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #6152
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Whats the status of the M86?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #6153
marius_NE

Likes (Received): 37

Do you have any news regarding the status of M49?
marius_NE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #6154
i15

Likes (Received): 608

another question northeastern bypass of Miskolc between M30 and road 26 seems to be under construction, how long will it take to finish it?
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #6155
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11807

spring 2015
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #6156
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 410

Interestingly, HR/SLO border checks are still quite serious - my last trip there saw my passport scanned frequently (I went exploring the borderland) and my collection of stamps examined. My car was checked twice, and I was questioned a few times as to where I was going. Granted -I was doing stupid things like leaving my car in Croatia next to the border crossing to go across to Slovenia for a couple of minutes, then going back to Croatia and then driving into Slovenia. Certainly - every time I crossed, the SLO guards were scanning my passport just in case.

HR/RO checks are a waste of time though, I agree. The Hungarians couldn't seem to care less there, and the Romanians aren't really that interested as well. It's not quite at the point where they're waving cars through, but they seem to be taking the idea of "minimum check" on EU citizens quite literally.

Am I right in assuming that Romania isn't connected to the SIS system yet? At the very least, the Hungarians should be doing random scans - what's the point in having SIS if it's not getting used at the external Schengen frontier?

As for the new motorway, I'd guess that they will just build a very temporary structure on the Hungarian side using a few portacabins and make the crossing for light vehicles only. It's what they did at Leteyne - and it makes the most sense.

It does make a complete mockery out of Schengen if controls are to be so lax though - I'm not asking for a thorough inspection, but surely the SIS database should be queried for anyone that isn't local?

And a final point - has anyone else observed that the Hungarians in particular seem to be doing the absolute bare minimum at the border crossings in terms of maintenance?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #6157
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
And a final point - has anyone else observed that the Hungarians in particular seem to be doing the absolute bare minimum at the border crossings in terms of maintenance?
you mean the unused checkpoints, do you? if yes, thats true. f.e. the border facility at Sopron will fall apart one fine day because of its bad condition (the austrians removed their stuff about a year ago).
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #6158
navigator1

Likes (Received): 131

Quote:
Interestingly, HR/SLO border checks are still quite serious - my last trip there saw my passport scanned frequently
Schengen is on SLO/HR border and will be there untill HR joins Schengen Agreement.

Last edited by navigator1; December 19th, 2013 at 12:47 PM.
navigator1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #6159
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Interestingly, HR/SLO border checks are still quite serious - my last trip there saw my passport scanned frequently (I went exploring the borderland) and my collection of stamps examined. My car was checked twice, and I was questioned a few times as to where I was going. Granted -I was doing stupid things like leaving my car in Croatia next to the border crossing to go across to Slovenia for a couple of minutes, then going back to Croatia and then driving into Slovenia. Certainly - every time I crossed, the SLO guards were scanning my passport just in case.
When I crossed Hungary-Croatia and Croatia-Slovenia border in 2011 the checks were very relaxed. Just an ID check and that's all... my car was stopped for 30 seconds at the border.
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #6160
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Idem for 2009, but oddly enough, at the HR -> SLO crossing, the Croatian border guard asked if we have any goods to declare - with us leaving, not entering the country.
In 2011 howewer, I experienced a good 10 min. of waiting time at the HR -> H motorway crossing, with about 5 vehicles present. The border guards apparently had a problem with one of the vehicles wishing to enter. Hungarian guards have a special talent for delaying the whole traffic as much as possible if any problem occurs.

Last edited by Corvinus; December 19th, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways