daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 20th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #6161
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
Idem for 2009, but oddly enough, at the HR -> SLO crossing, the Croatian border guard asked if we have any goods to declare - with us leaving, not entering the country.
In 2011 howewer, I experienced a good 10 min. of waiting time at the HR -> H motorway crossing, with about 5 vehicles present. The border guards apparently had a problem with one of the vehicles wishing to enter. Hungarian guards have a special talent for delaying the whole traffic as much as possible if any problem occurs.
Yeah, sometimes I don't understand it. This year at SRB/HU borders - Rözske: Five gates to passport check were open, but additional check was performed just after it: surprisingly by one customs employee. So my passport was checked as quick as it was possible, but the policeman let me wait for the special employee who had to check four other cars before me. So I was just waiting at gate and blocking the queue behind me. The employee was obviously (I totally understand him) pretty much nervous.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #6162
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

When I crossed into Serbia most of the times it was like this. ID check and some meters further a big guy who asked you where you are going, and depending on the answer and his mood also checked your trunk, spare wheel, motor, glove department, etc.
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:16 PM   #6163
pt640
hungaria

Likes (Received): 116

http://goo.gl/EDm4LK

roata, Moravian, volodaaaa, COOLancs liked this post
pt640 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 01:41 PM   #6164
i15

Likes (Received): 613

here is my recent video Miskolc (end of M30) - Košice (inner ring)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeFC1tPHL7k

Connection to new R4 on the border is slow, that border section of M30 would be nice to have.

Hank Hodinky liked this post
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 02:21 PM   #6165
pt640
hungaria

Likes (Received): 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by i15 View Post
here is my recent video Miskolc (end of M30) - Košice (inner ring)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeFC1tPHL7k

Connection to new R4 on the border is slow, that border section of M30 would be nice to have.
that <2km section between R4-3 at Tornyosnémeti construction maybe start next year, and the whole missing m30 part in the far far future...
Old December 21st, 2013, 04:00 PM   #6166
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1751

Sorry for the tiny offtopic, but I indeed like the appearance of Hungarian direction signs.

bogdymol, JackFrost liked this post
volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM   #6167
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11830

why is the motorway ending sign placed so early at km 24, when it actually stops being a motorway at km 29?
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2013, 02:30 AM   #6168
bzbox

Likes (Received): 135

In my opinion, Hungary has the best road numbering system in Europe, for motorways and national roads too.

nbcee, Sisimoto the HUN liked this post
bzbox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2013, 01:00 PM   #6169
marius_NE

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius_NE View Post
Do you have any news regarding the status of M49?
Anyone?
marius_NE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 01:43 PM   #6170
i15

Likes (Received): 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
why is the motorway ending sign placed so early at km 24, when it actually stops being a motorway at km 29?
https://maps.google.com/?ll=48.09206...54324&t=m&z=13

Section between road 304 and 3 is just four lane road ("főút") with unlimited access and 110 speed limit. IDK why, but it's good because you don't need vignette Maps says it's still M30, but maybe hungarian officials have some special marking for it
i15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM   #6171
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

The refreshed map of the current developments:

You can see that the biggest difference from the previous version is that most of the former tendered roads are U/C now.

So, a summary of what happened since the last map:
- M0: widening between M1 and M7 tender was resultless, so it was retendered
- M4: M8 - Törökszentmiklós contract signed
- M4: interchange with M8 tendered
- M60: Pécs soutwestern bypass contract signed
- M86: Szeleste - Hegyfalu contract signed
- M86: Hegyfalu - Csorna contract signed
- 8: Székesfehérvár bypass contract signed
- 8: Hajmáskér - Pétfürdő contract signed
- 8: Márkó - Herend contract signed
- 21: Jobbágyi section contract signed
- 21: Zagyvaszántó section contract signed
- 52: Solt bypass tendered
- 62: Seregélyes bypass contract signed
- 68: Nagyatád bypass contract signed
- 86: Nádasd bypass contract signed
- 86: Zalalövő bypass contract signed

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering

Last edited by Falusi; December 23rd, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #6172
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Hi guys, I'm driving to Budapest in few days and I have some questions:
1) How is the road 11 in winter? I want to leave BP via Esztergom and Komárom to M1, would it be better to use road 10?
2) Where to park a car in the centre on 29./30.12. when coming from south (M5)? I might use the public transport as well, so P+R might be good as well...
Old December 25th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #6173
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
1) How is the road 11 in winter? I want to leave BP via Esztergom and Komárom to M1, would it be better to use road 10?
2) Where to park a car in the centre on 29./30.12. when coming from south (M5)? I might use the public transport as well, so P+R might be good as well...
1., Unless a sudden snowfall comes, road 11 will be well usable.
2., If you don't know Budapest, I suggest you to park your car near to a metro station and use the public transport. There are many kind of tickets, e.g. 24 hour ticket, 24 hour group ticket, 72 hour ticket, etc., you'll find information HERE (you must roll a little bit down for those tickets). If you come from M5, I recommend you Népliget (M5 and the rightbound Könyves kálmán körút), those days you'll find a place under the flyover, or in the P+R area.

mapman:cz liked this post
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #6174
Moravian

Likes (Received): 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
1)IMO, the road 11 is definitely not bad option, sure it is no fast motorway however with really attracting countryside comparing with the road 10 (Danube valley, Szentendre, Visegrád...). With heavy traffic mostly in the section BP-Szentendre.
Esztergom - Komarom: anyway, the Slovakian road No.63 might be faster than the road (117,1) on the Hungarian river bank of Danube.

2/As for parking in Budapest, I use (well, it is not located at southern suburbs but) the large parking place near Heroes Square - Hösök teré/Városliget/at Dózsa György Street. The subway connection is also available (old yellow line) there. You could purchase one single city in order to achieve the center of Pest.

mapman:cz liked this post
Moravian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #6175
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Thanks for kind answers, guys
Old December 25th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #6176
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

I have some questions to hungarian forumers:

- When Government of Hungary is going to upgrade M15 highway to 2x2 motorway? I think that is a very important highway to Hungary and Slovakia because it provides connection with Czech Republic and Germany.

- In your opinion, what are the most important motorways to complete? I don't know so much of Hungary, so I ask. I've readed in Wikipedia some information of your road system, but I want to know your opinion.

- Is the european economic crisis affecting to Hungary? (in development of roads)
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #6177
Sisimoto the HUN

Likes (Received): 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
- Is the european economic crisis affecting to Hungary? (in development of roads)
Those roads/motorways, as all other infrastructure development in the neighbourhood is financially supported by the special EU funds! So the crisis still not affected these, but the whole process is very complex. Regarding the effects of the crisis, i dont want to speak about it, cos' its way off topic here.

Quote:
- In your opinion, what are the most important motorways to complete?
My personal & layman opinion is the most important motorways to complete, are those, which part of the pan-european motorway corridors and also consistent with the Hungarian national interests!
But there are other very important, busy roads & routs which needs urgent restoration or further development! All this costs euro billions, so the development is slow.

Quote:
- When Government of Hungary is going to upgrade M15 highway to 2x2 motorway? I think that is a very important highway to Hungary and Slovakia because it provides connection with Czech Republic and Germany.
According the recent news the M15 development plans are ready but the actual firm wasn't tendered yet, so the construction will start only in the end of 2014 maybe. Not sure. And yes it is important, same as all the other motorways which connecting to the borders!

javimix19 liked this post

Last edited by Sisimoto the HUN; December 26th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
Sisimoto the HUN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #6178
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

The pure fact that motorway development is mainly financed by EU, does necessarily mean that motorways are not built where there's a big need for them but where EU wants to finance them. I mean in and around Budapest EU doesn't finance constructing roads because 1., Budapest region is developed, 2., Local roads are not part of TEN; so no motorways will be constructed in this region, while there are motorways U/C, which will never have an AADT more than 5,000, but are in less developed regions (and thus can get EU co-financing) and/or are part of Trans-European corridors.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #6179
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Yeah, sometimes I don't understand it. This year at SRB/HU borders - Rözske: Five gates to passport check were open, but additional check was performed just after it: surprisingly by one customs employee. So my passport was checked as quick as it was possible, but the policeman let me wait for the special employee who had to check four other cars before me. So I was just waiting at gate and blocking the queue behind me. The employee was obviously (I totally understand him) pretty much nervous.
I've noticed this too at Rozske - the identity check is fast, but the customs check seems to really slow things down. If they are applying such a strict Customs control, then they should really have built an area that would allow them to direct traffic to a secondary area for a detailed inspection.

Having said that, when I got my car thoroughly searched last time, they were absolutely shocked that someone with a Polish car wasn't smuggling anything. We had quite a bit of wine over the limit - something like 16 litres (when the maximum allowed was 8) - and we declared it. They had no interest in the wine, but they were absolutely convinced that we were smuggling cigarettes. After they finished searching the car, they told us apologetically that Poles are known to be smuggling a lot of cigarettes in.

Interestingly, Rozske was the only place on an EU border where they wanted to see my driving licence - no-one else has ever been interested in it.

Does anyone know what's happening with the old crossing at Rozske? I know there were murmurings of it being reopened as a pedestrian crossing, but a friend from Hungary tells me that the Hungarian buildings are in such a bad state that they would have to rebuild the entire checkpoint.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #6180
bogdymol
bogdymod

News from Romania, but also interesting for our Hungarian forum members: Nădlac - Arad lot 1 motorway contract was signed this week with the Astaldi (Italy) + Max Boegl (Germany). This motorway is the Romanian connection with Hungarian M43 motorway Szeged - Mako - border. The motorway in Romania should be completed by December 2014 (works are already at ~30%, but the previous contract was canceled because of misuse of funds).

This will be the first motorway connection between our two countries.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Attus, JackFrost, marius_NE liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways