daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #6221
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fron View Post
M0-Cegléd (48,3 km) and Cegléd-Abony(17,8 km) sections are under preparation and construction is planned to begin in 2016. It will be financed solely by the state so don't be surprised if the consctruction will be postponed year after year.

Number of accidents on road 4 are high all along to the state border(u know romanian transit route ) thus motorway is needed to improve safety.
You wrote this article?

http://magyarhirlap.hu/utepites-sajat-erobol

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #6222
Qtya
sensational

Scheduled completion of M43: 30 Sept 2014.

Since the connecting Romanian A1 is behind schedule the Government is planning to build a 2 km bypass road east of Nagylak which would drive the traffic directly to the old border crossing.

Source: http://www.delmagyar.hu/szeged_hirek...43-as/2369369/

II. János Pál pápa

bogdymol, cinxxx liked this post
Old February 12th, 2014, 02:39 PM   #6223
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Likes (Received): 1368

Is that really necesary? Our part of A1 is not that far behind schedule. In the worst case scenario, if the works on Nadlac-Arad lot 1 aren't finished by end of 2014, as the contract states, it will still be done in the first half of 2015. Is a bypass really worth it for just a few months?
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #6224
Sisimoto the HUN

Likes (Received): 292

So either way the Hungarian M43 last section will be inaugurated and opened for the traffic on the planned scheduled time(30th. September)!
At the border end of the motorway, it needed to be connected to the current old 43 route at Nagylak! Anyone has any alternative idea but the 2km long bypass to protect the people of the villages from the huge trafic?
I know one: At last finish that A1 section for God sake!
Sisimoto the HUN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #6225
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11819

transit traffic should use road 4425/43 for the period romanians dont finish A1. its that easy.
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #6226
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Or do it the romanian way. Don't open the new section of M43 until we open our bit . It worked for us when we opened only half of Lugoj-Deva lot 1, because the other half had no exit built at the end (it's part of Timisoara-Lugoj lot 2, only recently U/C)

But seriously, I thought the hungarian goverment has a long term plan for infrastructure projects, built in a certain order according to traffic needs. Yet they just came up with this idea, when they suddenly realised the romanian part MIGHT not be ready by year's end? Is there even time to make a fesability study, organise a tender and actually build the thing, before it becomes useless?

JackFrost liked this post
medicu' de garda no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 02:31 AM   #6227
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicu' de garda View Post
But seriously, I thought the hungarian goverment has a long term plan for infrastructure projects, built in a certain order according to traffic needs. Yet they just came up with this idea, when they suddenly realised the romanian part MIGHT not be ready by year's end?
M70 had to wait 4 years for our A5.

Last edited by Verso; February 13th, 2014 at 05:44 PM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #6228
Sisimoto the HUN

Quote:
Or do it the romanian way. Don't open the new section of M43 until we open our bit . It worked for us when we opened only half of Lugoj-Deva lot 1, because the other half had no exit built at the end (it's part of Timisoara-Lugoj lot 2, only recently U/C)

But seriously, I thought the hungarian goverment has a long term plan for infrastructure projects, built in a certain order according to traffic needs. Yet they just came up with this idea, when they suddenly realised the romanian part MIGHT not be ready by year's end? Is there even time to make a fesability study, organise a tender and actually build the thing, before it becomes useless?
Thanks but no thanks. In this case as well, we wont follow the "romanian way"..
I really dont understand this kind of attitude of yours.. You cynically saying: "Yet they just came up with this idea, when they suddenly realised the romanian part MIGHT not be ready by year's end? Is there even time to make a fesability study, organise a tender and actually build the thing, before it becomes useless?".. We made our part with finishing the construction of the M43 connecting to the border! And you cynically mocking on our authorities, instead of the romanian!? And you even trying to be funny and proposing here to leave the brand new motorway section closed, until you finally succeding to finish the construction of the A1??
You know i think this attitude is sick.. So give us a brake and share your ideas and thoughts with the romanian authorities!
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #6229
bogdymol
bogdymod

Do you know what this ( ) emoticon, from medicu' de garda's post means?

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

cinxxx liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:21 PM   #6230
Sisimoto the HUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
transit traffic should use road 4425/43 for the period romanians dont finish A1. its that easy.
Yes but there is also a planned junction of the route 4451 near Kövegy, and this planned bypass will go connect there! And its only 2 km from the Nagylak border checkpoint! In this way all that heavy traffic will go straight to the M43!
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #6231
Sisimoto the HUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Do you know what this ( ) emoticon, from medicu' de garda's post means?

So after all you are reacting on my comments? Ending of boycotting me? Good!
Your fellow can reply to me and he dont need your help i think..Correct me if im wrong..
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:43 PM   #6232
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13996

Sisimoto please chill down, let's continue the discussion in a calm way.

On the other hand I can't agree with the second, more serious part of medicu's post either. We've had and have our long term plans - the delay on the Romanian side put us in this situation.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #6233
Qtya
sensational

Not to mention one other crucial question. The "SCHENGEN" problem... At this point without boarder crossing infrastructure neither section can be inaugurated. Unless there is quick solution traffic will be diverted to the old border crossing on both sides.

II. János Pál pápa

gogu.ca liked this post

Last edited by Qtya; February 13th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old February 13th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #6234
bogdymol
bogdymod

Maybe they will reach an agreement and do it like the Hungary-Croatia border at M7 / A4. Cars will pass the border directly on the motorway through a temporary checkpoint installed at the border, while trucks will use the old border facility. This is temporary until we join Schengen.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM   #6235
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisimoto the HUN View Post
Yes but there is also a planned junction of the route 4451 near Kövegy, and this planned bypass will go connect there! And its only 2 km from the Nagylak border checkpoint! In this way all that heavy traffic will go straight to the M43!
The discussion was about avoiding road 4451 through Nagylak. Thats why i came up with road 4425. By the way, I dont understand why this became that important now, since Romania is not in schengen, it doesnt matter if A1 is ready or not. You have to detour the traffic anyway...
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:12 PM   #6236
medicu' de garda
Moderator de garda

Why is it imperative to divert the traffic through the old checkpoint until we join Schengen? I don't know about the hungarian side, but the FS for our motorway clearly mentiones a space reserved for an eventual border checkpoint in the service area near the border. I don't know about trucks, perhaps they really won't be any space for them, but car traffic can definitely use the motorway all the way through the border. Also, as one forum member stated earlier, the proposed bypass runs right through the hungarian border control facilities, inclusing the truck waiting space for Romania-Hungary direction. How will that be solved? Our part of the checkpoint is smaller, and the parking space here will not be able to handle the aditional volume of trucks. And there has been no news that our authorities plan to modify the place anytime soon.

Btw, I was very serious with my question about the timespan of this bypass project. I will repeat the question: how long does it take for the whole thing to be ready? Is it already tendered? How long does it take for 2km of new road to be built in Hungary? What will happen to the border checkpoint? These are important things to know, cause this project, besides posibly being a money loss because we'll finish our motorway very soon after, has the potential to screw up border traffic big time, which will hurt our economy more than yours.

As for Sissymoto's remarks: dude!
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #6237
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
How long does it take for 2km of new road to be built in Hungary?
Would it not be a temporary junction with an existing road and seeing as it is Hungary and on a plain ...probably 2 months at most.

The Hungarians don't mess around on the ground...only in internet forums.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 07:21 PM   #6238
JackFrost
Hun Solo

M3 Vaja-Vásárosnamény

source: Facebook/NIF

bogdymol, Verso, MichiH, nenea_hartia, Qtya and 1 others liked this post
Old February 19th, 2014, 08:59 PM   #6239
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

There's no real need for trucks to use the old border crossing - as far as I know, the only real checks carried out are for weight and paperwork these days. Weight can be checked by portable scales, and paperwork doesn't require any special facilities.

The state of Hungarian border crossings with Romania these days shows that the vast majority of the old facilities aren't needed in the slightest for controlling an inner-EU border. The most sensible option - build temporary facilities, then if there are doubts about cars/trucks/buses, send them to the old crossing for a more thorough check. Job done.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 09:07 PM   #6240
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

When will the M3 be finished?

MHN liked this post
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways