daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #6361
Thomas More

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
Hi Thomas!

IMO you should contact the National Infrastructure Developer: [email protected] , https://www.facebook.com/nifzrt

If you don't get a reply, PM me. I'll try to help you out.

Good luck with you thesis!
Thanks a lot for this information! I hope they can help me futher!
Otherwise I will contact you.

Qtya liked this post
Thomas More no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #6362
bogdymol
bogdymod

Works are going on on M43 Motorway. Here are 2 pictures from Mako exit. First one was shot on Friday evening:

Second one is from Sunday. They were working!

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

violinivo liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #6363
bogdymol
bogdymod

The only place on the Hungarian motorway network where I saw they still use green signs is at M0/M1 interchange, just west of Budapest:

I guess they will change them once M0 (M1-M7 section) will be upgraded to 3 lanes.
Old May 26th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #6364
bogdymol
bogdymod

I've also noticed they did a small change at the M5/M43 interchange signs. Old sign (old photo I had):

New sign, same place:

nbcee, delacroix, panda80, SRC_100, ilyan and 1 others liked this post
Old June 9th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #6365
bruce20

Likes (Received): 4

M60 between main road 58 and road 5826. ("Pécs bypass" section) is under construction.
The works on this section have been started in January 2014, the deadline is June 2015.
[/CENTER]

MichiH, SRC_100, Richard_P, Qtya liked this post
bruce20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #6366
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Will be built in 1x2 or 2x2 profile?
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #6367
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

1x2
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #6368
bruce20

Likes (Received): 4

1km 2x2
and the last 800m 1x2
it's quite weird :p
bruce20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #6369
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Does anyone know what the story is here?

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.8440...Pz5h1U4QFA!2e0

These look like old tollbooths, but what are they doing there? Did Hungary use barrier tolls before they implemented vignettes, or was this a form of tolling system similar to what Slovenia uses for trucks?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #6370
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post

These look like old tollbooths, but what are they doing there? Did Hungary use barrier tolls before they implemented vignettes, or was this a form of tolling system similar to what Slovenia uses for trucks?
AFAIK Hungary had one private motorway (M5), but I am not sure if it had toll booths.

This seems to be ordinary "drive-in" matrica-vignette sales point. The images are from 2011 when e-toll for truck was not introduced yet.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 12:53 AM   #6371
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13996

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
AFAIK Hungary had one private motorway (M5), but I am not sure if it had toll booths.
M5 had toll booths in the past (for example at Újhartyán, near Dabas) but you can't find them now. You can only see where the motorway was wider in the past to make room for the booths here.

Though there is a booth at Kecskemét North where they measure the weight of trucks.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

Last edited by nbcee; June 10th, 2014 at 01:03 AM.
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #6372
Eulanthe

Quote:

This seems to be ordinary "drive-in" matrica-vignette sales point. The images are from 2011 when e-toll for truck was not introduced yet.
But why do those sales points have what appears to be electronic displays for showing the tolls, then?

(incidentally, are there any other such drive-in points exist? I'm presuming this one exists to cater for the traffic that entered via Rajka...)
Old June 10th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #6373
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
M5 had toll booths in the past (for example near Dabas) but you can't see them now.

Though there is a booth at Kecskemét North where they measure the weight of trucks.
Do you know when those were taken apart? Because I remember some scary booths on E-75 in year 2004-2005, but I might confuse it with that in Greece near Evzoni

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:04 AM   #6374
volodaaaa

Quote:
But why do those sales points have what appears to be electronic displays for showing the tolls, then?

(incidentally, are there any other such drive-in points exist? I'm presuming this one exists to cater for the traffic that entered via Rajka...)
Rajka uses former border control booths for that purpose so this might be designated for drivers coming from Vienna. But I always wonder about that booths like you Never dared to drive without sticker on that short M1 section. And it is much easier to purchase Matrica via internet

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:09 AM   #6375
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13996

Quote:
Do you know when those were taken apart? Because I remember some scary booths on E-75 in year 2004-2005, but I might confuse it with that in Greece near Evzoni
In the M5 the booths were dismantled around 2004 - and as far as I remember they looked different than the Greek ones you posted.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 01:15 AM   #6376
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:

I'd say yes, because there's a Slovenian truck on the picture.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #6377
Eulanthe

Quote:
There were some very scary ones in Macedonia that looked like they dated from Yugoslav times - maybe you were thinking of them? They were absolutely wrecked when I was there two years ago.

Quote:
Rajka uses former border control booths for that purpose so this might be designated for drivers coming from Vienna. But I always wonder about that booths like you
Something just doesn't seem right - there's a huge parking area at the border when you come from Vienna, so this sales point seems really weird and out of place. The grass verge after the booths also looks very strange and not quite right, so - I don't know.

Unless those are just old booths used from the M5 and the area exists to deal with traffic from Rajka that didn't need to buy a vignette for the M15?

Either way, it's an odd construction.

Verso - go away with your strange methods of tolling and trolling :P
Old June 10th, 2014, 01:21 AM   #6378
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
In the M5 the booths were dismantled around 2004 - and as far as I remember they looked different than the Greek ones you posted.
I am just scared of abandoned objects It was in 2004 when I travelled on E-75 in passenger car for the first time and don't remember everything. Are there some old photos from that gates on M5?

Btw. I wonder how thoroughly were parking places near former border crossings mapped by Google_streetview employees

Old June 10th, 2014, 02:01 AM   #6379
volodaaaa

[IMG]http://oi60.************/316keih.jpg[/IMG]

Screenshot of the "strange toll gate at M1" from GE dated to 2001. Strange. It was through all lanes.

Old June 10th, 2014, 09:01 AM   #6380
Fron

Likes (Received): 1434

Former tollgate on M3:

Fron no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways