daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #621
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

in 2 weeks we are opening first section of our A5 which is connecting to M6 (or M56). unfortunately for you, we're starting from south because our main thing of that motorway is to connect Zagreb abd Osijek. next year A5 is coming to Osijek, and motorway from Osijek to border will be built in next phase of building motorways in Croatia (2009-2012), but 100% construction will continue going on right after motorway comes to Osijek (we cannot talk about it yet because now we're still building motorways in phase 2004-2008, so plan 2009-2012 is not made yet)
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #622
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
in 2 weeks we are opening first section of our A5 which is connecting to M6 (or M56). unfortunately for you, we're starting from south because our main thing of that motorway is to connect Zagreb abd Osijek. next year A5 is coming to Osijek, and motorway from Osijek to border will be built in next phase of building motorways in Croatia (2009-2012), but 100% construction will continue going on right after motorway comes to Osijek (we cannot talk about it yet because now we're still building motorways in phase 2004-2008, so plan 2009-2012 is not made yet)
I think its not a problem,since we only want to build it to Bóly(so M60 to Pécs)...I suspect the M3 and M35(M4?) and M4x is our current priority.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #623
x-type
con los terroristas

yep, and from Boly to border there should be M56 (i don't know why other name, but ok) which i think will be finnished till app. 2012, i think it could be situation like Mura bridge near Letenye/Gorican, so weßll make a deal when to make it. it's less than 10 km of motorway (or autout), so it's not too big deal.
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #624
Qtya
sensational

Likes (Received): 9373

Quote:
yep, and from Boly to border there should be M56 (i don't know why other name, but ok) which i think will be finnished till app. 2012, i think it could be situation like Mura bridge near Letenye/Gorican, so weßll make a deal when to make it. it's less than 10 km of motorway (or autout), so it's not too big deal.
There wont be another name... It will be M6 untill the border.

II. János Pál pápa
Qtya no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #625
Qtya
sensational

Qtya's trip, Part I.: Hungarian section

Photos of the M1 Motorway and M15 expressway from Sunday when my family and I were heading towards Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic. Still can't drive, but I could still compare the highway systems of the CE nations. My opinion is that by judging Hungarion M1, M15, Slovakian D2, Czech D1 and Main road(could be expressway) 6, our system is the best in surface quality and condition. Naturally the sections around Bratislava and Praha is very good, but the others...

Boring Hungarian photos...

Yes, the traffic is huge on M1, perhaps we should start thinking of an extension...

The weather started to get pretty bad...

Heading towards Slovakia on the M15... Exiting M1 motorway...

The M15 expressway... I have no idea why we have this piece of sh*t expressway here... It needs an extension ASAP, not to mention how badly it looks, when entering Hungary from Slovakia. Leaving a brand new motorway for this... Yes, we arrived to Hungary... Its already the Balkans?!... This little 13,6 kms expressway is the weakest link/shame of the Hungarian highway section... Southern section of M0 is at least planned to be extended shortly... But this one... 13,6 kms on flat terrain, with half finished bridges... Come on Mr. President! Lets have it finished!

Entering Slovakia at the border town of Rajka...

Second part in the CE forum's Slovakian highways - Slovenské diaľnice thread:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=475

II. János Pál pápa

Last edited by Qtya; October 24th, 2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #626
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

Hmm so M15 is a one lane expressway. Some maps sign it as a full motorway.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:31 PM   #627
x-type
con los terroristas

now finally we have and M15 pix! well, it doesn't look bad at all, the only bad thing is that you could (and should) build that section of motorway in less than 1 year. it is well maintained AFAIS but traffic is certainly huge and it is dangerous to overtake.

btw, i didn't know that you still use Pozsony, i was sure that you took Bratislava, as we did

and can you please put direct link to your pix of slovakian part, you gave link to first page of the thread?
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #628
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
now finally we have and M15 pix! well, it doesn't look bad at all, the only bad thing is that you could (and should) build that section of motorway in less than 1 year. it is well maintained AFAIS but traffic is certainly huge and it is dangerous to overtake.
The quality is Nr. 1, but the traffic is huge and as I mentioned it looks so ugly...

Quote:
btw, i didn't know that you still use Pozsony, i was sure that you took Bratislava, as we did
Dont start it please... For us, its Pozsony, and it is what is going to be...

Quote:
and can you please put direct link to your pix of slovakian part, you gave link to first page of the thread?
It wasn't finished earlier, but now I modified and gave the proper link...

II. János Pál pápa
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #629
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtya View Post
It wasn't finished earlier, but now I modified and gave the proper link...
tnx

btw, about Pozsony - i smell it's one of "the situations" with you and SK, i didn't know it, so sorry about mentioning it
Old October 24th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #630
Bahnsteig4

Likes (Received): 93

I'll never understand the animosities between SK and HU anyway.

Austrian Forum - Support our Skybar!

Yes, for ****'s sake, all pictures I post were TAKEN BY ME
Bahnsteig4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #631
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkunz/VIE View Post
I'll never understand the animosities between SK and HU anyway.
shut the **** up. i don't wanna be guilty for any debates here
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #632
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

local debates between countries should never affect the quality of signage. They did that in Belgium, and look at the mess. However, i am not postive about any translations on signs, because when you cross the border, you have to know the foreign name anyway.

We use Aken, Keulen and Luik instead of Aachen, Köln and Ličge.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:20 PM   #633
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

There's also animosities Hungary - Romania (over names, even on this forum!) . I got angry at Qtya once because he spelt the name of a major Romanian city in Hungarian. But it seems we get along great if we don't mention these issues, so I'll take your advice to shut up!
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:20 PM   #634
x-type
con los terroristas

we mostly use original names and, frankly, i'd prefer to use our ones. but i'm happy that we don't use stupid english names.
and in Istria we have bilingual signes (croatian/italian) and they are prove that they can look good and clear, too.
or Slovenia - they use slovenian and original name, and it isn't messed. it becomes interesting when in bilingual parts (slovenian/italian) they write croatian destinations, so they use 3 names e.g. Pulj/Pola/Pula (SLO/I/HR) or Reka/Fiume/Rijeka
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #635
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
tnx

btw, about Pozsony - i smell it's one of "the situations" with you and SK, i didn't know it, so sorry about mentioning it
The city was mentioned first in the 11th century. It was Hungarian since then(untill 1918). It was named untill 1919 as Pozsony(for 868 years) . It was even the capital of Hungary. Its a very important city in Hungarian history, why the hell we shoul call it something else??????!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!? SO SHUT THE **** UP! ALL OF YOU! I'M SICK OF THIS SHIT!

II. János Pál pápa
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #636
Qtya
sensational

BTW: We call Wien/Vienna BÉCS, does it bother anyone? Yes? No? Who the **** cares...

II. János Pál pápa
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #637
Qtya
sensational

Credit to FRADISTA:

"pt82: mate, don t be crazy, and please write another post so I can decide whether you are nationalistic or simply dumb. Pozsony was the capital of the Hungarian Kingdom. I know, slovaks have a natural disposition to pick out events out of the context of time and space.. this makes it possible for them to select a phase from Hungarian history and create a Slovakian cycle of events out of it. For an example, the word Bratislava, which word -generally known - exists since the slovakian becoming-a-nation process started in the 19th century, is used with great fond referring to events of the Middle Ages The sentences like "In 1536, Bratislava (sic!!!) became the capital of the Hungarian Kingdom" or "Leopold the II. was crowned in Bratislava" are as absurd and unhistorical as saying "The history of Budapest during the Roman Empire" or "Hannibal was Tunesian" or... wait..yes, "Asterix and Obelix were French". These are kind and funny, but also dangerous. They can involve even the unbiased and friendly slovakians in statements that are insulting for hungarian ear, so this is why slovakian (like everywhere around the world) historists have a really big responsibility, when shaping the common knowledge through education."

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=481829

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=134

II. János Pál pápa
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:13 PM   #638
x-type
con los terroristas

i don't know why this has upset you so much nobody didn't say anything against using your own names, and you're reacting now. i just said that i didn't know that you use that name because we used it too (and we still use it for Bratislava untill i don't know which year), so when i found it familliar, i asked you.
:Radi mode:
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #639
Qtya
sensational

Quote:
i don't know why this has upset you so much nobody didn't say anything against using your own names, and you're reacting now. i just said that i didn't know that you use that name because we used it too (and we still use it for Bratislava untill i don't know which year), so when i found it familliar, i asked you.
:Radi mode:
Why? Because it comes up and up, again and again... Aren't You guys bored?

II. János Pál pápa
Old October 24th, 2007, 11:32 PM   #640
x-type
con los terroristas

well, it's my first time that i heard about sensible situation about it. frankly, i have never knew what were about those H-SK fights. now i know one of those things.
and i told you in first post that i didn't know it, appologized, but you have obviously missed it.

Tags
budapest, highways, hungary, motorways